Stimson Lumber

Stimson Lumber Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 17, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: leadership
Great managers, interesting work, opportunities for advancement.
Honest work.
Stacker Operator/Forklift (Former Employee), Coeur d alene IdahoMarch 12, 2014
A typical day would be 8 hours and learned a lot about running equipment. management was good and co workers were great people. the hardest part was the pay and the best was the industry itself and the employs.
Unsafe and management not supportive
Boiler Operator (Former Employee), Saint Maries, IDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: ....???? i survived... boiler lead was huge support and great guy
Cons: everything from safety to bosses. and pay
I moved my family to Saint Maries and was told what I wanted to hear. "great workplace with good safe culture and good pay" Pay was not good at all. I made more than most but still was not enough even to survive. Had all kinds of issues with Medical insurance, corporate was not helpful at all. Safety culture was the worst I have ever seen and Management – more... did nothing about it. I wrote many work orders about machines missing guards, water that would poor into MCC breakers for so long it had rotten them away. I am very surprised that the plant has not been shut down by OSHA!! I would not wish anyone even my worst enemy to work here. I hope This helps people into deciding to stay away from STIMSON LUMBER. They are not good to there employees but many stay because they don't know anything else but Saint Maries.

Finally one statement that a boss told me that it cost nothing to change actions and there was no money to have safety equipment to prevent personnel and equipment from damage. He basically told me that it was worth the risk of my safety than it was to spend $45. – less
great place to work without advancement
Sawmill/Log Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Priest River, IDMay 12, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus, good benifit package
Cons: no room for advancement at current location
Stimson was a good place to work. I wanted to be a Operations Manager but that was not available at Stimson. I went into supervision while at Stimson. The job was a lot of work but very rewarding. Typical day was the day to day running of the plant.
Great Group of People to Work With
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 8, 2013
I really enjoyed working here. Just wish there would have been more respect for talents and skills.
Productive and fun fits me to a tee
Night Watchman (Former Employee), Missoula, MTFebruary 15, 2013
Allways trys to have a good day at work and gets along with other allways going that extra length. Make every job i do safe and on time.
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Forest Grove, ORSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: company cookouts and pizza days often!
Cons: cant think of any at the moment
Productive, safe workplace with great people to work with. I learned a lot while working for Stimson Lumber. Management is great and takes care of their employees.
working @ stimson lumber
Bin Sorter/Packaging/Clean (Former Employee), Tillamook, ORApril 2, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management
Stimson was a nice place to work. great benefit package. management needs improvement.