Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies

Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Employee Reviews

Earned Value Management Analyst (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDApril 11, 2015
A typical day at work consist of accomplishing the department's goals and objectives. Working here has escalated my expertise to a whole new level. Management and staff are friendly, respectful and helpful. – more... Management really values the human resources that works there. There's nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work each day knowing that this is the best place to work and that I've been blessed to have had the experience to have crossed paths with the most wonderful group of people. – less
SGT was overall a good employer
Sr Sys Eng - NASA/NOAA Space Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: small business with well paid professionals
Cons: didn't seem to fight very hard to keep acquired talent
Although I didn't feel like the tried very hard to get me follow-on work with the company overall they were pretty good to work for.
Worked at NOAA College Park MD Java developer
Java Developer (Former Employee), College Park, MDOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Worst job that I have ever had - the NOAA Government SDM was hostile towards contractors, and berated them during daily SCRUM meetings. Received no support from SGT management. SGT may offer a higher salary – more... because many of the developers left the contract and they couldn't keep people. Would highly recommend you stay away from contracting with NOAA. NOAA Silver Spring is well-aware of the situation at NOAA College Park. – less
Productive place to work
Management Consultant (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDMarch 25, 2014
Core strong value company with very experienced staff and plenty of opportunity for growth.
Working at the NASA space center has been one of the highlights of my career
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDDecember 18, 2013
Pros: working at nasa goddard space flight center
I have learned that good products/hardware are developed by teams of competent people. Many small parts although insignificant transform what is seemly impossible to a doable and enjoyable task.

Working as a contractor for NASA I have learned to push the envelope of what is possible. Every mission is new and challenging; every mission we accomplish things that have never been done before.
Understands what the government needs.
Business Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDOctober 16, 2013
Enjoy my work at SGT. I work heavily on Excel doing budgets, determining variances based on actuals, and ensure that subcontractors are funded. Enjoy working with my customers.
Growing Employee and Customer Focused Company
Configuration and Data Management Analyst (Current Employee), Kennedy Space CenterOctober 14, 2013
Pros: benefits package.
Cons: very little funding for furthering education.
I am pleased to work for SGT and would encourage others to apply for their positions. The company is not only focused on the bottom line, but also on their employees.
Tense atmosphere
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Lanham, MDMay 18, 2013
Doing invoices and consultant agreement on a regular basis. I have learned time management. my coworker are interesting.
Hardest part is not having a friendly environment to work in.
Most enjoyable part is getting my work done on time.
The Goverment contract prevented a lot of activities
IT Technical Support Lead (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 14, 2013
Cons: limited benifits due to goverment contract
Good technology jobs but again training was very limited.
People good to work for.
Pay was good.
High ranking in human resource and strategic planning area.
SGT (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJuly 12, 2012
Pros: free with congratuations and parties
Cons: technology leads occasionally narrow-minded.
Progressive and creative business outlook and management.

Personally, I acquired a more extraversionable, e.g. parable-like, presentation, in proposing unique systems solutions to the leadership..

Balanced workload and amusement time.
Industry