Stitch Fix Employee Reviews

Unnoticed
Warehouse picking associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043February 23, 2017
Regardless of how hard you work or try to help the company, others who slack are chosen as favorites for promotions. Management puts on ESPN through out the warehouse TV(suppose to be used for warehouse functions). Management then watches TV the entire shift and hound workers to do their job. Lead by example. Stay away from this company. They might sound good at first, but if your looking for a career and something you can learn to take to you with your next job, DO NOT apply.
One of the best job opportunities anyone could ask for!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
-Ensure we have enough labor in order to meet production goals.
-Speak with the employees routinely to make sure everything is going okay for them throughout the day.
-Team work makes the dream work!
-Communication is key in order to run a productive team.
-Transparency helps everyone in the work place.
-Motivation works miracles.
-Terminating an employee!
-The People and Culture!
Great place to work right after college to get experience.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2016
the work environment is great for a person who is active and love multitask. The people who work here are friendly and they practice commutative skills. Different mixtures of cultures and management is very understanding and flexible with employees that are going to school or have another job.
Pros
Free snacks and beverage.
Cons
not a place to make a career.
Warehouse assoicate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2016
My first day at stitch fix suck.the management is in their own world.Manager and trainer was playing and cussing the other employees.once they show you what to do .the trainer did not come back to check to see if I am doing the job right.at the end of the day manager and trainer had clock out before me.the new employee. they are very hood in the warehouse.don't like getting paid only twice a month.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management no good.good luck with the trainer
Productive and fun environment with free snacks
Warehouse associate processing specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Stitch Fix is a great company to work for. They provide free snacks and drinks for employees. The work environment is encouraging and energized. You are allowed to listen to music while you work.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Non career business
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2016
A new company that should have better management, and handle employees better. They tell all of us to tell them anything that will help the company, but it's like we don't matter. The company always does what the company wants to do. And turn over rate is horrible. People get fired left and right.
Pros
Catering
Poor Management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Management is really poor. They never communicate with one another, so the employee's are always finding things out at the last minute. You can see favoritism all over the place. I have been working there for almost a year now and I have never been given the opportunity to move up. I see new people with less than six months at the warehouse get promoted left and right. Managers run their department however they feel like it and they also make you come in early, but they won't show up until regular showtime or even later.
Pays well,but not a great place to work at.
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2016
This was my first time working at a warehouse. I was a temp. The atmosphere can be very negative. Alot of the employees have attitudes and are hard to get to know. It seems like management changes policies and rules very often. I did see favoritism, which is not fair to the employess that work hard. Lots of Drama. Adults should act like adults, not childish brats. The amount of insubordination I saw was amazing. These people would have been fired somewhere else. Not very flexible when it comes to family situations and your schedule. You'll get nowhere there if they don't like you. Free snacks are great, but not worth working there.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Short break, hot climate, favoritism
Loser trash job stay away!
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Loser trash job stay away. Pure slavery in all forms like working in jail the worst job ever the people there are low class and management is pure garbage. Its like a chinese sweat shop if you are not a favorite then you will get treated like dirt!!
Pros
Free snacks, pay
Cons
Managers, co-workers, enviornment, long hours
A lot of favoritism
Warehouse Associate (outbound) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2016
I used to enjoy come to work everyday, but first they changed the schedule, second It's hard to get a promotion unless you are friends with the management, even if you are going above and beyond your required job duties your not getting full rise or even worse you get nothing, then you have to wait another year to get cents, the management is really poor, a lot of supervisor for just one department and they never dont know anything, they never can answer a question and will send you with other supervisor. I think every state its different so i guess they have to adjust to Arizona's not benefits
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Poor benefits
Great place-holder job until something else comes along
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I took a job as a stylist part time to ease the transition into full time after having a baby. I was really excited about the opportunities that I thought the company might present down the road but I realized very soon that, even with a degree in fashion and 10 years of experience, I'd never be promoted even though I had very high statistics (they measure these very closely). As mentioned in many other comments, the management team is like a small group of sorority girls that choose favorites. I lost respect for the brand and the culture very quickly. That's what happens when you don't see and tap into your own employees potential and allow negative people to get settled into positions of power. Good luck fellow fashion majors- I feel your pain!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Favoritism, unlikely to be promoted- if you are, it isn't generally based on performance.
Fun Place To Work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2016
As a stylist I helped women discover fashion through an online medium to deliver great customer satisfaction.
-Remotely review client profiles to select garments for them based on their preferences
-Write stylist tips on who to wear and accessorize current items as well as previous items delivered to them.
-Communicate with team lead to stay up to date on current company news, changes or interactions
Pros
Not As Much Flexibility as Desired
Cons
Great Experience
gameroom
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
its a okay place to work they have basketball skee ball free drinks and snacks sometimes they even provide lunch paid holidays off they also offer health insurance after 90 days
Pros
free snacks
Cons
standing all day
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2016
Unfortunately, i moved and had to leave the job otherwise i would've stayed there. Great environment and team effort all day. i learned a lot on how to style every women for their body type.
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
some management
Awesome if you don't have a full time job already
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2016
Love the styling process and "interaction" with repeat clients.

Not crazy about some of the metrics by which you're measured. You can have the best metrics (total spend, client satisfaction, keep rate), and be totally in tune with your clients. But, if you're not fast enough and hit your per hour rate, none of that matters. To me that's unfortunate.

Hardest part was managing time in addition to working a demanding full time job; created a situation where I had no days off and very little down time.
Pros
If you love fashion, it's fun. Love the customer/stylist connection
Cons
Too much emphasis on quantity, not quality of styling. Time!
Learning Environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2016
Career launching opportunity. Good experience coming straight out of college. I learn several platforms, softwares, and enhanced my problem solving skills while with this company.
Very ratchet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2017
DONT DO IT!!! This job is the worst job ever! They stay changing things, you are treated as a slave, and they are very unorganized.This job is no good.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, ghetto, and unorganized
Positive culture within a fast growing company.
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2016
Stylists enjoy flexible hours with great management. There is a community of Stylists who work together fabulously. If you have a passion for fashion, you will thoroughly enjoy styling clients from across the United States!
Friendly People
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2016
I absolute love Stitch Fix,
Everyone is very friendly, Managers will work with your schedule, you can listen to music, and they offer free snacks and drinks everyday!
Pros
free food, and can listen to music
Cons
climate control, can get very hot
Productive workplace
QC Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2017
This company was a great company to work for, the culture was great and the team. I was able to be innovative and bring my ideas to the table which helped my department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stitch Fix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8