Stivers Staffing Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive at first but slow at finding more assignments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2017
Seemed like a good place to work when i first got hired, after the first assignment i had it took months to find other assignments and to work more then 3 days on a assignment. Company is good but needs to update the system to get more people into work as soon as possible.
Kept us informed, Friendly, Efficient
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Hardest part of the job was when the job assignment filed for bankruptcy and we had to be pulled from the job and that ended my employment. My overall dealings with the representatives at Stivers was great! Very friendly and tried to keep us updated on what was happening.
Good place to obtain temporary work
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Stivers Staffing is run by caring individuals who do their best to match you with the jobs you are best equipped to execute.
Pros
Freedom to choose jobs you want, decline jobs you don't want
Cons
Don't always get a complete job description before starting a new temp position
Temp service
Customer Service/Owner Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Work is per assignment. Position vary from data entry, receptionist, clerical.
Each employer dose thing different. Worked well with all Management staff. Servicing to the best of my ability, All assignment were very diverse in culture makes it nice to meet other nationality's. Hardest part of job was leaving after one month of service. I really enjoyed the diverse staff. meeting new people is what I enjoy most of all.
Pros
Clean work enviorment
Cons
Meeting and leaving co-workers
Okay job
Heating and Air Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 20, 2017
Pay is okay, the hotel benefit is what was most appealing about the job. High turnover and poor management team. The front desk agents are forced to provide food service as well, which they don't tell you about up-front.
As a staffing agency goes, the Plaza Stivers location supplied opportunity, yes
Office Administrating Clerk for KC Election Board (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2017
... but I worked exclusively with one contracted client, The Kansas City Election Board, and it is always difficult to distinguish critique between the agency and its contract/client.
Pros
opportunity offered when I needed it; good location
Cons
a lot of work redundancy, retread which caused confusion, at times; pay rate
High energy. Busy
Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Stivers is a wonderful company to work for. Either as a candidate or in thr company. However they need to update their system, and change their mind sets to a more modern way.
Attentive and resourceful.
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2017
I have always been impressed with the dedication and resourcefulness Stiver's has displayed throughout my working relationship with this staffing agency.
Organized and well planned job.
Audience Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2016
a typical day at Stiver's Staffing Service was just waiting to get into the show to be able act as an audience. Learned a little bit of acting, but I was not really acting, I was actually interested in the show. Management was good at making sure staff was present and gathering us together. Co-workers were good at communicating. The hardest thing for me was just having the transportation, and I even had to walk home afterwards. The show was very the most enjoyable thing about the job.
Pros
Organized and well planned.
Cons
Finding transportation.
Staffing service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2016
If you need a job right away this is the place. They are able to find work quickly if you are in a bind. I called regarding my current position and inquired information regarding future jobs and what I needed to do when I was ready to quit my current position because it was not going anywhere, they sent in my two weeks to my current employer before I was ready to leave. I let the company know I would get back with them when I was ready to put my notice in. I feel they jumped the gun and did not think about my consequences of not having a job in place before I left.
Pros
Fast work
Cons
Not a lot of choices for work
Character Building
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 18, 2016
Hired to take over as recruiter and placement specialist and enjoyed the work. Was not told the worker I replaced was coming back to work. Oh well.
I made regular bonuses, hired the right people, and screened employees from the CFO of a large brewer to temp audit takers in a manufacturing setting.
I was really awesome and enjoyed putting people to work in solid companies where they would opportunity to change their lives for the better.
Pros
Fulfilling
Cons
Cut short
Great place for flexibility.
Clerical Temporary (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 27, 2016
Temporary Service job including different job situations.

Example of one assigment as Stivers. Typical work day at Lions Clubs International started with checking email and preparing the Workshop set up mailings, completing the required paperwork, starting a folder for the workshop. After this was completed, adding the new workshops to the spreadsheet and updating notes for upcoming workshops. Tracking the progress for current workshops. Assisting manager with creating spreadsheet as needed which could be requested at a moment's notice. Other duties as assigned. Management was very easy to work with and open to suggestions. Co-workers were glad to assist and were friendly. Learning the job was the hardest part. Most enjoyable was the overall work atmosphere.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Waiting for the next assignment.
Stressful and Exhilerating
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2016
Lovely helping folks find a new career. Enjoyed every minute, made bonus every month. Sadly only a short term hire.

Lots of great clients too. Filled their orders, completed interviews daily, sourced and placed professional and technical staff.
Pros
Empowering
Cons
Short term
Great people and nice boss
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 20, 2016
It is a great place to work. People train you to do your job. Clients mostly very kind and willing to hear what you have to say.
Pros
like people I work with.
Cons
It was warm in the office at times.
This position gave the opportunity to work in different atmospheres in a short period of time, this strengthened my ability to adjust in any work envi
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
A great experience. I was able to meet so many new people where I realized my comfort ability in new environments. But no matter how much I would be ecstatic for my new assignments I still longed for stability and a permanent position. My desire is to obtain a position that I will learn and work for indefinitely.
Cons
I would need a permenant position.
Productive and fun place
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 29, 2016
Places you on great assignments very quickly but it doesn't feel good when the assignments end suddenly. Overall I love this agency.
Pros
Quick assignments
Cons
the assignments don't last very long
Terrible Company
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2016
Emails unanswered, dingy office recruiters that wanna know your move a candidate makes, you see paper application in my hand, your co worker gave me the application and paper work...Can't even spell ' Trial', not Trail idiots if anyone applies is setting yourself up, I'm not going to correct you do your own job
Excellence, customer service is awesome.
Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2016
Working for Stivers Staffing Services, Inc. was a great opportunity for me. When I relocated to Milwaukee two years ago the staff was very accommodating and supportive in finding me a temp to hire position. They have a very high standard of professionalism and would recommend them to anyone looking for temporary or permanent placement of employment.
Passive
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 16, 2016
Working for this agency was an experience. this was my first temp jobs ever so I was not aware of some of the policies. They were not that friendly with explaining. I do appreciate them for helping get back into the working field but they are only associated with one company CCC.. they are the worst
I liked working with AJ
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 10, 2016
All in all I had a positive experience with Manpower. The recrutior AJ was very good at his job,good communication. My last assignment with just wasn't a good fit for me at the time but I would work with them again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stivers Staffing Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval