STL Distribution

STL Distribution Employer Reviews

Like hands on work when needed. Good interactions with contractors within legal parameters.
Manager of Warehouse Receiving and Distribution (Current Employee), STL Distribution LLC, Ellisville, Mo. 63011September 10, 2014
My employees get the shift prepared and begin when work is received. Employees are encouraged to cross train. Good relations among all employees and Management. Maintaining safety on the property always. Enjoy working in a positive and motivated workplace.
They own your
Area Distribution Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2014
No work/life balance
Low pay/zero raises
No respect for their employees
No opportunity
They deliver local newspapers
Newspaper Delivery Contractor (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOAugust 31, 2014
Good job for people who want days open. 7 nights a week. No breaks.
work/life
Route Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 24, 2013
Pros: the hours allowed me to concentrate on family
Cons: you never have a day off
typical day starts at around 1am and ends around 430am. what I learned was time management, independence and how to run and manage a small business. You typically don't necessarily have coworkers unless you hire someone to work with you. The hardest part of the job is never having a day off, working in all types of weather. The most enjoyable part was the hours typically is around 4hrs which allows you to be with family.
A good company to learn the ins and out of sales and distribution.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2012
Manage accounts that distribute newspapers and free publications.
I would not like to work there again
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNMay 29, 2012
Pros: i was pleased with my work schedule and not having to work weekends
Cons: no advancement, there were not good benefits and the working environment was not pleasant
On a typical day, I accomplished a variety of tasks in five different departments: shipping, receiving, IBS, inventory control, packing. I did such things as labeled packages, unloaded and received packages, prepared and shipped orders and performed quality check on items being shipped.

I learned time management, how to operate new equipment and I learned how to adapt in difficult situations.

As for management, I recognized the need for addressing and handling internal concerns; manger accountability was also needed.

The majority of my co-workers were a pleasure to be around. The hardest part of my job was working within an undisciplined department. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to exercise versatility in the tasks that I performed.
A workplace that provided the opportunity for personal growth
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2012
Pros: flexible with shool and dance schedules
Cons: needed a better benefits package
A typical day at work involved answering emails and responding to voicemails. Whatever the publisher or salesman request, I would fulfill. I processed publisher extracts and transfers, keyed special salesmen orders and I resolved inventory and account issues from time to time. Every Monday, I forwarded weekly reports; between the first and sevent of every month, I forwarded monthly payment calculations and commission reports.

I learned how to multi-task, I became more familar with Microsoft Excel working in the program almost daily, I learned time management and how to meet deadlines.

I enjoyed working as part of a team. I learned from each one of my co-workers---my fellow Client Relations Manager, the Inventory Coordinator, and the Marketing Coordinator. On several occassions, we worked together to accomplish a publisher assigned task. We readily helped one another.

Well, what would have been difficult was made easy and doable because of the patience of the Director and Vice President of my department. They taught me what I needed to not only do my job, but do it more efficiently. Understanding the nuances of certain accounts when there were monetary descrepancies were difficult to sort through at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new everyday. I enjoyed interacting with my clients, learning about them, and developing new relationships.