STMicroelectronics Employee Reviews in United States

ST Corporate Severely Hobbled
Tech Lead ASIC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 23, 2016
ST has absorbed hundreds of engineers for the ST/Ericson venture and cannot get rid of them because they are French workers. So they keep getting rid of centers outside of France and Italy. No US worker has a secure position.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits.
Cons
No security, pay so-so.
I worked here a short time as acontract attorney
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I was a contract attorney working filling in while they searched for a full time replacement for an attorney who left suddenly. I don't have a good idea about compensation but it does appear that there were opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Interesting international work
Cons
The full time attorneys appeard to work long hours
Great job with great people and many chances for promotions
Manufacturing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
I worked a compressed schedule work week. The work was rewarding and I liked all of the many perks the company had to offer.
I could work out at the gym they had on site and there 401k was the
best one I ever had. To bad the company closed the plant and moved the work off shore.
Pros
Great retirement and helth plan. Compressed work week. Good people
Cons
The plant shut down
Enjoyed work hear forlong time
Manufacturing Technician eng (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2015
15 years of work experience in semiconductor field very good benefits enjoyed worked. company moved business out of USA. and closed the business from Phoenix, Arizona.
Long tenure. STMicroelectronics was a world class company.
Equipment Engineering Lead Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 14, 2015
This company provided a good career for me, in which I was able to raise my 4 sons. The climate was professional and the company provided a family balanced life. Continuous improvement and learning was every day. I enjoyed working on a large variety of the manufacturing equipment. Good HR environment. Provided layoff benefits when they closed the plant.
Overall a Good Company, Given Opportunities to Advanced within the Company.
Manufacturing Technician I, II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2016
A good overall company enjoyed Management and Co-Workers Great Atmosphere the Availability to Cross-Train and Learn other Department Process.
Pros
Overall a Great Company well diverse, good atmosphere.
Cons
Certain Health Care coverage was not provided or offered.
Great talent, poor strategy
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Despite the vast talent and good technology, poor strategy and high tolreance for management failure have damaged the great potential this company has.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Mediocre management
Great company
Implant and Metal Deposition Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
long days that are very rewarding. how to manage and run the fab. great middle management. good coworkers. travel and lots of time at work is the hardest part. best part is seeing the grow.
Pros
people
Cons
lot of time at work to meet company goals
Good
Electrical Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, Uttar PradeshApril 23, 2016
I am working as Intern in STMicroelectronics from 1 year. Learned many concepts of analog IPs. Friendly and Helping nature employees.
Pros
Free transport, Subsidized food
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare
First taste of the Electronics industry and a good corperate experience.
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2012
Typical day: Arrive to my work station, log in to the computers, and check with management if I was to start my day preparing orders or logging in freight shipment into the inventory system. If I was prepping orders I'd receive my invoices and input my data in the system which would ship out the parts (Semiconductors) and amount required to fill the order. From there I would pick and pack then sign off on my orders. Then supplies were staged according to shipping.

What I learned: Computer skills, how to be detail orientated and work in a timely manner. To be accountable for my work and actions.

Management: Management was awesome and very organized.

Co workers: My Co workers were great and very competitive.

Hardest part of job: There was no room for error and dealing with very expensive orders.

Most enjoyable part of job: Working with a great staff
Pros
3 days on 4 days off rotating schedules. good benifits
Cons
can't think of any.
Best job I ever had and enjoy the different cultures and the work was great experience.
Expense reports for manager & staff reimbursements (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NY/Albany, NYOctober 8, 2015
Support manager calendar, meetings setup, manage emails, support staff, boarding new employees, shipping (wafers, documents, supplies). I learn different cultures and more about the company. Hardest part was understanding there English. I enjoy the whole job of doing something new when the opportunity came up.
Pros
The morale events....ect
Internationally Strong company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2013
What I enjoy about my job is all the new people I get to meet within the company. This is an international company, so I'm dealing with people who are located not only in the United States, but in France, Italy, Switzerland and all throughout Asia. I get to meet different people of different cultural backgrounds and that's amazing.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with language barriers but it's not too difficult. I also find it hard to be social among my group, but I am able to socialize with other employees from other departments at our site. I would also enjoy more of an opportunity to visit some of our other work sites so I can meet people face to face.

The company policies and procedures are very strict but lengthy. I wish they had more of a user-friendly system for these things because it's a challenge when you first start and there is really no one training you. When you learn on your own the challenge becomes more difficult but luckily every is patient and willing to help when necessary.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
a bit lacking in company culture
Amazing company
Division Section Manager-Supply Planning (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2015
A great company to work for albeit could be a bit slow, A one team attitude across the company which could make it a bit bureaucratic in decision making.
Career training as well as a great place to work
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 18, 2014
I worked for STMicroelectronics for 16 years. During that time frame I grew as an individual as well as a top contributing employee mostly from the fact that the company wanted you to learn and improve as a person as well as an employee. I would go back to work for them in a heart beat...
Pros
company involved training, benifits, compensation
Cons
site shut down
A multi-cultural environment where everyone was very friendly.
Help Desk Support/Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2012
An average day consisted of answering help desk calls, network server daily backups, account administration and being the administrative support to the Information Technology Department.
Pros
great healthcare and benefits, competitive pay, friendly coworkers.
Too long ago to remember
Clean Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2015
Worked in a clean room about 80% of the time. Was enjoyable while it lasted. Was a large company with 3 shifts and hundreds of employees.
Pros
Was a cafeteria
Work culture at ST is employee oriented with focus on green technology and corporate integration into society
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO USANovember 26, 2011
ST is a very good employer. Benefits and compensation are above average and the corporation is very focused on environmental issues and being a good corporate citizen.
Productive workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2013
processed wafers through different operations. I learned everything I know about the microchip industry from this job. Hardest part was standing 12 hours, most enjoyable was learning the different processes
Pros
great benefits, holiday pay, free holiday lunches
Cons
standing 12 hours
Great ptoductive work enviorment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton texasMay 3, 2012
I started there as a recent military vet. it was a great change of pace. Good work enviorment great co workers and supervisors.The best job i ever had.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
plant closed
Productive and hard working place.
MFG Tech III (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2014
Hard working place, fun to work with others, a lot od rewards, good tools, Hung ho spirit, the hardest part is lay off.
Pros
alot of rewards
Cons
health care, 401k.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STMicroelectronics. Our community is ready to answer.