STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics Employer Reviews

good place to work
FACILITIES MECHANIC II/ MICROCONTAMINATION TECH (Former Employee), carrolton texasOctober 23, 2014
I worked directly with engineering and the fab. great co workers.
Good company in general
Unix System Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee and donut
Cons: low budget for technical training
Multi-cultural company (European) sometimes hard to manage but it
is a good challenge if you want to have a global understanding of
how Enterprise corporation worked. Company had quite a bit of
self-learning internal class offering.
A very large organization
Staff Engineer - Design For Test (Former Employee), Longmont, COOctober 14, 2014
Definitely a risk averse company. That might have costed valuable opportunities.
Excellent Company to work
Principal Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix AzSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: project delays, cancellations, insecurity
Managed development of a new product, holding timely Product design reviews; wafer Fab; bump Fab; flip chip assembly; package development; assembly; test and burnin.
‚ÄĘCoordinated development of new technologies between Worldwide teams in India, USA (CA,/AZ), and France and implemented the development in wafer fab in France.

Good working environment, lot of freedom to work on the projects.
Hardest part of the job was everything had to be approved by VP in France.
Excellent Company
Application Engineer (Current Employee), GronobleSeptember 8, 2014
STMicroelectronics is excellent company that allowed me to learn a lot of things. Job conditions are very comfortable and colleagues are friendly.
Good Company
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: left the usa
Good company but closed the fab in Texas I worked at. I was there last month and it looked sad, all deserted. I think most of their work is offshore now.
Responsible for all import and export operations and compliance
Site Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Responsible for all import and export operations and compliance.
Career training as well as a great place to work
Shift Engineer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: company involved training, benifits, compensation
Cons: site shut down
I worked for STMicroelectronics for 16 years. During that time frame I grew as an individual as well as a top contributing employee mostly from the fact that the company wanted you to learn and improve as a person as well as an employee. I would go back to work for them in a heart beat...
Daily Quality Spirit to Satisfy Customers and to Ensure Quality
Quality Manager (Current Employee), CasablancaApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: swiming and traveling
Day Organization : Start the day by reading emails , update my daily actions plan,take note and go to the production lines to investigates and check the requested informations with the engineering , production and maintenance teams
Each returns from the customers or from the production lines is an opportunity for us to learn somthing new and to improve our proceses
Managing the Quality team by sharing the new information and by following up of precedent actions
The hardest part of the job is when you received à customers claim with the minimum informations
The most enjoyable part of the job when you receive a good appreciations from customers and when you see improvement in all your KPIs
Productive and hard working place.
MFG Tech III (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: alot of rewards
Cons: health care, 401k.
Hard working place, fun to work with others, a lot od rewards, good tools, Hung ho spirit, the hardest part is lay off.
Fast pace and fun place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2014
Pros: 2 dollar lunches and a very relaxed environment
Cons: closed down due to greed and stupidity
Set up the bays, make sure all the product was ready to run. Learned how to run,qual and clean the tools.
FIrst Company I landed up straight from the Campus placement
Technical Leader (Current Employee), Greater Noida, UPFebruary 9, 2014
Being in ST Microelectronics, I have learnt a lot apart from Techincal stuff. Inspite of the Job tiltle we are holding, ST doesnt stop us from extending our horizon to do whatever work we feel like doing. Like, Presently I am the Technical Leader, but still got a lot of exposure in terms of Proejct Management and Business Analyst.
Quality and excellent customer service
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: approval delay
.a day of auditing.
.importance of quality and cleanliness.
.stress of the management.
.cooperation of coworkers.
.keep calmness.
.when received the audit result.
3 and 4 day weeks
Fab Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great bonuses
Cons: closed down
This was a good company to work for while it was in the USA. But it closed down and moved to China
Good place to work and develop both under the persnoal and professional point of view
Electronic Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee), Arzano, CAMOctober 10, 2013
Internationally Strong company
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits package
Cons: a bit lacking in company culture
What I enjoy about my job is all the new people I get to meet within the company. This is an international company, so I'm dealing with people who are located not only in the United States, but in France, Italy, Switzerland and all throughout Asia. I get to meet different people of different cultural backgrounds and that's amazing.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with language barriers but it's not too difficult. I also find it hard to be social among my group, but I am able to socialize with other employees from other departments at our site. I would also enjoy more of an opportunity to visit some of our other work sites so I can meet people face to face.

The company policies and procedures are very strict but lengthy. I wish they had more of a user-friendly system for these things because it's a challenge when you first start and there is really no one training you. When you learn on your own the challenge becomes more difficult but luckily every is patient and willing to help when necessary.
Productive and Fun workplace
AR SPECIALIST (Current Employee), COPPELL,TXJuly 10, 2013
Pros: fitness room
Cons: work travel
I'm a self starter with a great work ethic, very depenable and a team player,plus I have over 10 years of AR accounting experience.
Work cell lead/Trainer and ran product
Manufacturing Technician IV, Films, Diffusion, SMR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2013
Pros: got to run many tools
Cons: training all new people sometimes to many at a time..
Loved my job was very busy everyday Enjoyed all the people I worked with..Was a work cell lead had a lot of responably but was never more than I could handle.I ran all of the kla's Tencors and probers as well as trained all new people in the area..
Productive workplace
Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits, holiday pay, free holiday lunches
Cons: standing 12 hours
processed wafers through different operations. I learned everything I know about the microchip industry from this job. Hardest part was standing 12 hours, most enjoyable was learning the different processes
Typical large company
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), santa clara, CAJune 18, 2013
Not a bad place to work for a large company. Being European the support structure is above average.

1 2 3 4 5