STMicroelectronics Employee Reviews

Good Technology; Poor Management and Declining Culture
Business Unit Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 10, 2017
The company is situated in a dynamic industry, and was once a truly great place to work. However, years and years of cost cutbacks due to having too much labor concentrated in places they cannot downsize (France/Italy), are taking their toll.

Also, management has become maniacally focused on certain Financial performance metrics, to the detriment of effective internal support technology investment, and with an approach that has lost site that having good, productive, people is the most valuable asset the company possesses. In such an environment, it goes without saying that there is undue pressure to cut corners in many areas.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Still some good people left.
Cons
Constant reductions in North America, myopic management.
Best company to work for wish they did not close the plant.
Equipment Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2017
This was an outstanding company to work for. They had a true work-life balance and your work was appreciated. I looked forward to going to work everyday as it was like a family that worked hard and got the work done while having fun.
Hard workers need extra brake time.
An inspector (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 9, 2017
This co. was very fun to work.Supervisors and coworkers were very hard working. These people deserve little extra brake time.Our supervisor hired a lady she was walking with merchandise in her two hand and she fell a sleep and she crushed on floor with expensive merchandise.
This lady did not have enough sleep. So i learned when you come to work make sure you have enough rest.
Pros
lots of over time for workers
Cons
Over time should be divided according to seniority bases.
Productive fun place to work and you can workout in the gym on break
Manufacturing Associate 3 / lead/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
I have been in this industry since 1994, when I first started with Motorola, at first I did not think I was suited for this type of job dealing with electronics and such, but they were big on military personnel and education so I was hired on the spot. I had been trying to get on at ST for awhile (formerly known as SGS Thompson).
I loved both places and if they would come back I would probably go back to work. My co-workers were awesome, we would be laughing and joking around, on our Friday (which was Wednesday morning) we would go to the local pub for awhile. Pretty much everything was pretty easy unless you came in to a problem with a piece of equipment. My supervisor was a ex- Marine so we got along great. You are on a first name basis with management, we have pot lucks, parties, little carnivals and stuff like that for the employees and their families. Fun times!!! I miss it.
Pros
You get bonuses every three months, you work 14 days a month
Cons
If the industry takes a turn for the worst they don't lay off like other companies of its kind, they just cut you hours
Learning lot with fun team
Embedded Test Engineer (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Im very glad to work at this company. My team is very friendly and easy going. At the same time learning lot of new stuff and technology which is useful for my career development
Productive environment with a feeling of everyone is on the same team. Trustworthy of telecommuniting
Credit Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2017
STMicroelectronics is a great place to work. The people are what makes you want to leave for work every day. The work environment is clean and professional. Always something to learn on the job. Management empowered employees instead of micro managing them. The company was good to me for over 29 years. I recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Trust worthy to telecommute from home at time and no micro managing.
Cons
Finance Dept has no room for growth in career ladder.
Great Technical Company
Engineering Equipment Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2016
The company had a lot of positives going for it, great hours, benefits, and location. The company has moved overseas and is no longer available in the US.
Success and longevity
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2016
Worked to make world's largest appliance Manufacturer a key global focus account. Top North American customer for 5 different technology products offered. Grew business for total $225+M over tenure as Global account Manager
Pros
Engineering and Product Marketing
Cons
When steady business level and #1 WW Ranking achieved, position was modified for lower salaried title.
Fast paced and good learning environment to work
Application Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2016
Quick development cycle and dynamic product strategy.
Learnt to tackle big problems by planning and breaking into small problems.
Cooperative and freedom of expression in the job with peers and management.
Stiff competition from competitors.
Pros
Great Learning curve
Fast paced, continually advancing microcircuit technology made for a continuous and fun learning experience.
Electronics Technician (Facilities Control Tech.) (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 3, 2016
STMicroelectronics was originally MOSTEK and both times I worked for them was the most satisfying and intellectually challenging of my career.
At one time they were the ONLY ones with the manufacturing technology to create what was then the lowest power requirement microcircuits. And it was up to the Facility Operations departments to keep up with the continually increasing demands for tighter and tighter manufacturing environment specifications necessary to keep up with the microcircuit's ever shrinking geometry.
Pros
They were big on individual equipment classes like pumps, compressors, bearings, vibration analyzers, alignment and stress stratagies, etc.
Cons
Overall a Good Company, Given Opportunities to Advanced within the Company.
Manufacturing Technician I, II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2016
A good overall company enjoyed Management and Co-Workers Great Atmosphere the Availability to Cross-Train and Learn other Department Process.
Pros
Overall a Great Company well diverse, good atmosphere.
Cons
Certain Health Care coverage was not provided or offered.
Good
Electrical Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, Uttar PradeshApril 23, 2016
I am working as Intern in STMicroelectronics from 1 year. Learned many concepts of analog IPs. Friendly and Helping nature employees.
Pros
Free transport, Subsidized food
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare
Great company
Implant and Metal Deposition Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2016
long days that are very rewarding. how to manage and run the fab. great middle management. good coworkers. travel and lots of time at work is the hardest part. best part is seeing the grow.
Pros
people
Cons
lot of time at work to meet company goals
Productive, serious work environment
Full Time Internship (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 30, 2016
I'm not sure I can give a fair review as an intern at this firm. I was mostly working with upper management and didn't have anyone my age around so that was a bit awkward. Overall nothing negative to say about the firm, just not for me.
ST Corporate Severely Hobbled
Tech Lead ASIC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 23, 2016
ST has absorbed hundreds of engineers for the ST/Ericson venture and cannot get rid of them because they are French workers. So they keep getting rid of centers outside of France and Italy. No US worker has a secure position.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits.
Cons
No security, pay so-so.
Great talent, poor strategy
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Despite the vast talent and good technology, poor strategy and high tolreance for management failure have damaged the great potential this company has.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Mediocre management
Amazing company
Division Section Manager-Supply Planning (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2015
A great company to work for albeit could be a bit slow, A one team attitude across the company which could make it a bit bureaucratic in decision making.
Best job I ever had and enjoy the different cultures and the work was great experience.
Expense reports for manager & staff reimbursements (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NY/Albany, NYOctober 8, 2015
Support manager calendar, meetings setup, manage emails, support staff, boarding new employees, shipping (wafers, documents, supplies). I learn different cultures and more about the company. Hardest part was understanding there English. I enjoy the whole job of doing something new when the opportunity came up.
Pros
The morale events....ect
Nice company to work
Staff Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greater NoidaOctober 7, 2015
Its been a nice time to work in ST. Balance between work and personal life is excellent in ST. The only reason I am looking for a change as there is no roadmap and future of ST. Its been good time and now its time to say bye. Work is now that much and most of the time its only about self learning.

Co workers are just like family to me. We have been there for any issues, any problems whether financially, personally or officially. We take a look at our back all the times.

The most enjoyable part of JOB is the freedom to explore any thing any topic.
Too long ago to remember
Clean Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2015
Worked in a clean room about 80% of the time. Was enjoyable while it lasted. Was a large company with 3 shifts and hundreds of employees.
Pros
Was a cafeteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STMicroelectronics. Our community is ready to answer.