Stock Building Supply

Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Stock Building Supply
Forklift Operator / Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
Stock Building Supply is a great company to work for. Pay does not quite match work load but with the long hours, the overtime makes up for it. Management was very helpful
National Company with great benefits
Delivery truck driver, forklift operator (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancements, overtime pay
Cons: Sometimes unsafe conditions for deliveries.
Load truck, deliver building supplies to construction sites. I've learned how to advance myself through hard work. the hardest part of the job is delivering to job sites that are hard to approach. I get along well with management, and have outstanding evaluations. Available upon request.
Company had growing pains
OUTSIDE SALES REP/SPECIAL INVENTORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: unorganized
Search for potential custom builders to sell building products such as interior and exterior doors. Meet customers and present product information.
difficult work environment
Forklift/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Acworth, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: division amongst departments
management creates a discriminatory work environment which results in diminishing teamwork practices. much is expected with little to no rewards for going above and beyond. company hires more externally apposed to promoting from within. needless to say advancement opportunities are based more on personal relations with people in position of power than it is work ethics, experience and merit
easy work low pay no overtime
Class A Flat Bed truck Driver (Former Employee), Simi Valley caJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Mon. to Fri 0600 to 1430
Cons: safety demands are to high for the pay
This job was easy but the pay was very low for the responsibility of a flat bed truck driver
They don't pay for your medical card. If work is slow they send you home and tell you to use your vacation to get a full paycheck. They demand a high safety standard and they will write you up immediately and even suspend you. Not worth working there unless your a rookie who's just learning. Beat up their new equipment as you learn the tricks of the trade then move on to a better paying job.
this location made the company look bad
Delivery Driver of house building materials (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: you will learn a lot of short cuts and back roads in georgia
Cons: everything else
very over worked and extremely under paid
hardest part was making deliveries to undeveloped subdivisions
a majority of the warehouse employees didn't speak English so if you needed help you couldn't express it.
Good Company to work for.
Rider / Driver (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great Job
Cons: None
Rider / Driver
Pulled merchandise for orders.
Load / Unload trucks.
Delivered products to customers home / business. And pleasing the customers.
Enjoyed working with Stock Building Supply
Window Manager of South Texas (Former Employee), Mcallen,TXJune 2, 2015
Was a huge learning experience . The upper management under was not well experienced in that part of the building industry and that was a huge reason that Stock failed.
No compensation
Estimator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2015
Working there for over a year, and the responsibilities given to me, are not what I applied for. When asked for compensation for all these (not so) surprisingly overwhelming duties, I was told that I need to get a certain part of my job done "faster. like half a day". Well, after being able to do that since I first got handed these responsibilities, I still have nothing to show for it. I can say that I did learn a lot from 2 of my co-workers. One of them however, doesn't really have a clue as to what we sell and claims he "works" 10-12 hours a day. Don't think you can claim a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour lunch as working. Oh, I cannot forget; when I have asked for more training, the conversation was squashed immediately. I think that half of the "positive" reviews are from some corporate individual trying to promote a positive image. And I respect that. But, I say they should INVEST IN THEIR EMPLOYEES, LIGHTEN THE WORKLOAD, LOWER THE ALCOHOLISM RATE, COMPENSATE FOR ALL DUTIES ASSIGNED TO THE INDIVIDUAL, AND IF SOMETHING IS BROUGHT UP IN A MEETING, FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.
Very helpful
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2015
Very laid back but very productive place to work. I enjoy the people i work with and the enviroment . Steady work load that is not overwelming.
Productive and fun workplace
Purchasing Representative (Former Employee), raleigh, ncMarch 3, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. Learned a lot of valuable sales techniques. A very comfortable place to work with great employees.An experience that could not have hoped for.
New lumber location in North Charlotte
Outside Sales Representative (Custom Home Sales) (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: close to my residence
Cons: lack of urgency
I was Hired to help open the ne location in Troutman and enjoyed my job. Stock had a few areas that were really weak and caused me to struggle. I learned a lot from this company in how Professional Lumber Yards do business.
Great team to work with
MANAGER, DOOR AND WINDOW DIVISION (Former Employee), Panama City, FLFebruary 12, 2015
great place to work, miss it since it has closed. Manager over Production was a challenging position , but satisfied customers made it worthwhile.
Love my team, Good people to work with.
System Administrator II/Citrix Administrator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: very few.
I love the team at SBS, good culture, we actually enjoy working with each other. Enjoy team building and training. Company invests in personal growth through training. All levels of management are very good, easy to speak with.
Fun Place, but prefer it remain small privately owned
HR Recruiting Coordinator / HR Project Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 18, 2014
Good place to grow skill set. Worked there in several capacities. All well managed.
internship
Hot Topic Internship (Former Employee), bonitaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: school credit to graduate
Cons: internship led to no job
got on school bus help prepare the store before opening store welcomed people in the store help people find things and fold clothes and put things away
great and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Decatur GaOctober 15, 2014
good hours good place to work great customers awesome working conditions
Good company to work for.
Helper Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Liked the job and learned a lot about the company. Great people and great managers.
I worked for this company for 23 years and it was a fun time in my life.
Driver, forklift operator, office clerk (Former Employee), Berthoud, COSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: variety, fun people
Cons: low pay
I worked every position in the lumber industry from deliveries, truck loading and unloading and all office duties. I enjoyed this job very much, which should show in the 23 years of dedication to this company.
Cashier (Former Employee), Yazoo City, MSSeptember 3, 2014
My first job great place to work. Enjoyed it there. Friendly people loved the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stock Building Supply

Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the – Read more

Stock Building Supply Salaries