Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Fast paced, labor intensive, poor work environment.
Assembler/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Paradise, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Management is a joke, all employees are expendable, they would fire people who ha e been loyal to the company for being late twice. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who didn't need it.
I think it was a good place to work
Wilpak Inc (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 10, 2018
the only thing is the company need to be more organized. As far as coming to work an having me think I was going to work full hours I would come to work at a certain time an leave early an people have bills an I just felt like that's not good .
Pros
people was helpful
Cons
come to work thinking you going to work 8 hours an you may work less
Machines are loud in the place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Working with employee who has a hard time learning, I have learning how to work on the machines it took sometime. but i know what to do , I enjoy working with the employee show them how to work on the machines sad thing is when some of the employee can't do it we has to let them go.
Pros
bring our lunch every day
Cons
20 min breaks twiceaday
I enjoyed the fast-paced work and the team I worked with 12 hr. days would fly by.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 26, 2017
Usually a day consisted of making sure my station was a safe place to work & that my equipment, machines, and other employees working around my saw were paying attention and working in a safe way. It was very challenging sometimes but troubleshooting problems and fixing them can be an everything when your cutting 20+ thousand board feet a day.
Pros
I pretty much was able to work as many hours as I wanted machines always needed some attention.
Cons
very high turn over rate(people always quiting)
quick paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 23, 2017
This job is the same company I worked for presently. I am only filling in characters to move ahead in the application process. Please refer to the previous job info.
stock
Cashier/ Giant Eagle (Former Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 12, 2017
never worked for stock building supply, I worked for Giant Eagle as a cashier and stock . Good company to work for , had flexible hours , work around your schedule when needed . Work place was fun and enjoyable
Pros
flexible hours
Very Productive
Truss Builder (Former Employee) –  Oran, MONovember 27, 2017
The job was good and not to hard. If you had any questions on how things where built or what type of material you where supposed to use, the people there where quick to answer you.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
The weather
Fast-paced
Millwork/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2017
I worked in the interior pre-hung door department. It was fast-paced, as we had to make production every hour. I became supervisor of the department in 6mths.
did right at store level
Head inside sales (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 13, 2017
Loved working at Stock, a culture of honesty and doing the right thing. I learned a lot about management and the running of a retail store. The hardest part of the job was watching upper management tie our hands and put us out of business.
Too many meetings, conference calls & reports that do not improve job performance
Sales representative/structural specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2017
If you don't mind the typical corporate environment and requirements then not a bad place to work. However, if you prefer a company that uses your time wisely; help achieve mutually benefiting goals, success in the specific tasks your were hired to perform, then look elsewhere.
Pros
Well known company within the industry, ongoing training
Cons
Too many hours for the pay
I learned alot
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 30, 2017
This company was probably one of my my favorite places to work. They definitley taught me a lot about windows, doors, etc. I would love to return to work for Stock Building Supply.
Great Management
Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2017
great place to work, everyone is a professional and willing to work with each other to achieve greater goals

managment was great and always treated everyone with respect
Fun place to work, relaxed environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MI 48040October 25, 2017
I would wake up go to work, after I while I learned the daily guidelines easily and the days would fly by. I was treated as an equal at most of the jobs and enjoyed my weekly pay. Nice flexible schedule and steady work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Advancement
Location manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 23, 2017
Working with Stock, hard work and dedication will provide advancement . Building industry will dictate work pace. Good group of dedicated team. I proudly lead a great group of talented people
Pros
401, employee comradeship, stability
Cons
Subject to building industry fluctuations
Administrative assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 19, 2017
Accountable for annual physical inventory of all materials.
Inspected products upon daily arrival from 8 or more vendors to insure quality control. Received and verified invoices and requisitions for goods sold and services.
Resolved billing and shipping discrepancies for customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Managed end of month closing; batched, shipped and received over 5,000 customer accounts
Maintained prompt and accurate processing of all receiving and shipping documents.
Prepared itemized statements, bills, invoices, recording amounts due for items purchased or services
rendered.
Pros
The staff
Cons
no cons
The people are good but the upper management will thro you under the bus ina heart beat
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 2, 2017
Stock building supply aka BMC Lubbock Tx . The job was very stressful no help to much work for one person. New position but no pay raise it was hard to get a pay raise with this company. A gossiping company upper management talks about the employees when employees are off and is always talking about firing the employees
Great work enviroment. No room for advancement. No recognition for hard work.
Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 27, 2017
No room for advancement. Pay raises were very small if any.
Company has gone out of business . No recognition for work done or long hours put in.Enjoyed being close to home. Enjoyed having most weekends off.
Pros
Close to home. Work at own pace.
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast pace environment with good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Good company to work for, fast pace environment, and good management. I was really greatful to have the opportunity to work for this company it just wasn't for me it was just another stepping stone to my next job.
great place
Trained Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30064September 1, 2017
this job was great and I would love to work with the company again. Store and location was great. My boss was great to work with and was a great role model.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Worst company ever!
Outside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 28, 2017
They bought out our store(NHC) as it went bankrupt. lied to its employees, screwed them. kept old mgt in place. It was a nightmare!
we were basically liquidated.
Pros
Cons
sucked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.