Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 27, 2016
Excellent place to work! Great management. They treated everyone fair and handled all business professionally. I would recommend anyone to work here. a
very good company to work for
Desktop Support Specialist, Contract (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Loved working for the company even though it was a contract position but working there was very good had support from management and users I helped were friendly and supportive
Pros
friendly environment, technical training, good hours
Very professional office
Administrative Assistant 11 (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Stock Building Supply. It was a large company with about 60 associates at our location in Huntersville, NC.

Over the 15 years I was there I became the MOM to just about everyone. Mainly because I did payroll and kept track of all vacations,
DOT records as well as all Workmens Comp. claims and reports. The only hard part was managing my time so that I could make sure all my work was done and all deadlines were met. The most enjoyable part was the fact that we were just like one big happy family. I had colon cancer in Oct. 2009, when I was released to return to work the company was downsizing due to the economy and the three people who I trained to hold down my job while I was out were able to keep up with their work and mine also so they done away with my position. Therefore I was laid off. The company closed within 6 months due to the fall in the building industry.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Close to my home
it was nice working in a company where everybody see themselves as one family
warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 25, 2016
my first time work was hectic and later adjust.
i learned a lot while working their how pick from order ticket,shipping etc.
the management fantastic and very good people.
my co-workers were great,we work as a team.
the hardest part of the of the job is off loading because of heavy windows and doors.
the most enjoyable part of the is when picking/pulling order for customer.
Over all a good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COAugust 23, 2016
It was a nice place to work. My supervisor had a bad attitude. He thought I was trying to get his job. All I wanted to do was just work MY job. Pay could have been better for what I did and my responsibilities. Management was ok.
It is a fair cpmpany
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2016
It was a decent company to work for I would go back to work there .if given the chance I'd apply one thing every Monday morning they bring in doughnus for the employees.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Poor management
Good place to work.
Field Supervisor/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work. I was working remotely all over Eastern NC. I was able to learn more about the building supply industry and about all building products.
It was a good place however due to how long many people had worked there it was hard to fit in in the beginning
Director of Install Sales (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 17, 2016
Stock building company gave me the opportunity to create a new entity within the parameters of the parent company. As install management I was allowed to create a shell contracting company within the confines of the parent company. Many of the co-workers were opposed in the beginning to the idea of a shell company being provided by stock building supply. They were concerned it would cause their clients to feel like they were in competition with Stock and the longer just a supplier materials to them
Pros
Stock had the day to day money to run a bussiness
Cons
There was opposition to many of the changes which needed to be made
Fun Place To Work
Divas (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2016
I learned how to stock, Help customers find exactly what they where looking for.. My Manager was VERY friendly and understanding. I enjoyed Helping people
Pros
FREE products
Cons
short breaks
Worked with coworkers I was able to get along with and work well with.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 11, 2016
8am to 9pm were my average hours at Stock Building Supply. Using the forklift was the most enjoyable part and I was paid well for my age.
Great place to start out
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2016
Stock gives you a great starting off place right out of college. There are a wide variety of career options to choose from and people to help you along the way.
Great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2016
They closed in Vegas at the turn of the market, otherwise I would have never left. After being there 10 + years, I loved it.
Worse Job I've Ever Had!
Everything there was to do (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 19, 2016
I worked at the plant in Acworth Ga. My first week I've worked in 4 different Departments they can't keep anyone because they don't know how to talk to ppl and they expect you to know how to do everything already but gets mad when you make the simplest mistakes. The work you to death but the pay is very unfare for the work that your performing!!
Productive and fast paced
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2016
Work was always fast paced. I learned how to prioritize and plan ahead. My co-workers were all good people to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to balance different tasks at once. Most enjoyable was helping customers fulfill their every need.
Great team environment
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2016
Great team environment. People of high quality and character throughout the entire organization. Potential to learn and move throughout the organization
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2016
really family oriented place to work, friendly people that don't mind helping you to accomplish tasks. If you any personal problems you can go talk it out with management.
Pros
free cooke out and sometime basedall gamed
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
My job is very busy and productive. I have learned management skills and I have years of experience in sales and supervising. The hardest part of my job is finding people who are loyal and hard working.
Great work enviorment with kind and hardworking people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 21, 2016
Jersey Mikes was a fantastic place for work. Everybody always had a positive attitude and were always ready to work. We always cleaned the store multiple times a day and every customer left feeling satisfied.
Pros
Free Lunch, Clean Workplace, Understanding Staff.
Cons
Very Short Breaks.
Loved being involved with peoples decisions on building their houses.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Data entry for orders, pricing, and deliveries.
Learned how to read a plan and from that plan determine what materials they would need to build complete project.
Scheduling deliveries and routing deliveries for cost effective purposes.
Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls to correct department.
Great working conditions
Engineering technician Roof & Floor Truss Designer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 30, 2015
Great company wanted to retire from this company, economic downturn and corporate buyout forced the closure of the two facilities.
Pros
Quality Management
Cons
Market conditions.

Stock Building Supply Reviews by Location