Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Okay
Rebate and Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2017
Laid back work environment.. Typical work day 8-5 with few opportunities to work from home. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with finance and payables. Most enjoyable part of the job was work relationships.
A company that allows you to work with the public in retail sales.
CASHIER, DOLLAR GENERAL (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAAugust 4, 2017
A typical day for me would consist of unloading trucks of store products . Then once unloaded I would stock the product on the shelves . Help customers thru out the day ,rotate shelves product . Working the cash register . The hardest part of the job was getting all stock unloaded nd stocked on shelves while customers were shopping. Good friendly place to work and help customers . A great place to start retail.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Crowded areas for stocking product and pay
This is a great building materials company
Assistant Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 28, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to build a house. They are very professional and personal. They care about their customers and their contractors. I highly recommend.
Great Enviroment
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2017
Working at Stock was my first real opportunity out of college and was a great learning experience for me. It was the start of the process of developing me as a leader/manager.
I wish they had a location within my state still!
Inside Sales Associate / Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Round Lake Park, ILJuly 1, 2017
Great company to work for! The staff (local and regional) were great to work for. I learned everything from the building materials we sold to purchasing stock for our lumber yard! Truly a wonderful company with blue grass ideals that had family at heart!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Asside from losing national recognition... nothing.
Same as the prior review
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
Same company just a continuation of my employment. For this portion I moved from managing building material centers to managing a construction lending portfolio which took me from Michigan to Colorado.
One of the best companies I've worked for...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 31, 2017
I miss this culture. That's why when I relocate to Dallas, I'm hoping that I can find an opportunity with this company. Wherever they can fit me in, I'm hoping they can find an opportunity for me that fits my skill level...
Office is now closed down
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
Fun, family like atmosphere. Everyone very respectful and professional. Weekly team meetings, great communication. Management is very supportive and helpful.
boring and slow
Help assist customers (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMay 23, 2017
I stocked lotion out to the floor. I learned nothing new. the management was stuck up. work place culture wasn't good felt like high school drama. the hardest part was dealing with co workers who thought they were better than you.
Stock
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Ohio akronMay 21, 2017
I follow directions I get the job well done I go to the next step along with my job is done correctly I like to learn different things I work hard I don't give up I love stock I love the unload trucks and I love to do maintenance
low wages
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 17, 2017
they want a lot of time and work for low pay.
hazardous environment:
glass, wood, saws, power tools, air tools, learning to run multiple machines, finished products with multiple moving parts.
loading, driving, driving and unloading trucks in ALL weather conditions.
Pros
learning different aspects of wood working
Cons
much more responsibility than pay
Summary
Stock and Control Specialist/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Kaiserslautern, DEMay 4, 2017
-Same as in the previous review.

-I learned some elements of the german language.

-Great management.

-Excellent workplace culture.

-Being outside of the US for the first time and adapting to another culture, language, customs, and laws.

-Meeting and talking with the people of Germany. Enjoying the delicious food that they have. Love those donner kabob´s!
Customer Service, Stop and Shop (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 3, 2017
Working at this Job I learned a lot of basic skills that i can use in all of my future job. Furthering my experience in customer service and improving my communication skills as well as being a good team member.
Great people and Great place
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
The day started off slow, but it got moving fast paced really easy. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4 am to be to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you got to work with.
very hard work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 23, 2017
this is not a good job the hours are long and the work is very difficult and in some ways dangerous. The job sites sometimes can be horrible I would not recommend this job
Pros
you will always be home with family
Cons
getting to the difficult job sites
ping pong table
Assistant Manager \ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 21, 2017
ya the place was so great ping pong. just what i'm looking for in a company a ping pong table. stupid review section. tell us about your entire work life in 150 characters
It was Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 17, 2017
It was Walmart.great job to start off with but not to keep if you have bills to pay. My coworkers were always nice to me but it seemed as if the managers were out to get me. Nothing more to say
Indeed in views of a College Graduate
Cashier -- Weis Markets (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18505April 11, 2017
I never personally worked at this company, but it can be guessed that they treat their employees respectfully and continue to aide them in the professional areas of the work force
stocking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 27, 2017
daily would open and close registers
greet shoppers
organize clothing
stock clothing
team working
hardest part of the job was the pay, very low pay
Very steady work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 21, 2017
Not really a place for women to work. Its a mans warehouse with only 1 woman working there. So you better be able to hang like a man. A great place for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Stock Building Supply Reviews by Location