Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2016
They closed in Vegas at the turn of the market, otherwise I would have never left. After being there 10 + years, I loved it.
Worse Job I've Ever Had!
Everything there was to do (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 19, 2016
I worked at the plant in Acworth Ga. My first week I've worked in 4 different Departments they can't keep anyone because they don't know how to talk to ppl and they expect you to know how to do everything already but gets mad when you make the simplest mistakes. The work you to death but the pay is very unfare for the work that your performing!!
Productive and fast paced
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2016
Work was always fast paced. I learned how to prioritize and plan ahead. My co-workers were all good people to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to balance different tasks at once. Most enjoyable was helping customers fulfill their every need.
Great team environment
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2016
Great team environment. People of high quality and character throughout the entire organization. Potential to learn and move throughout the organization
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2016
really family oriented place to work, friendly people that don't mind helping you to accomplish tasks. If you any personal problems you can go talk it out with management.
Pros
free cooke out and sometime basedall gamed
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2016
My job is very busy and productive. I have learned management skills and I have years of experience in sales and supervising. The hardest part of my job is finding people who are loyal and hard working.
Great work enviorment with kind and hardworking people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 21, 2016
Jersey Mikes was a fantastic place for work. Everybody always had a positive attitude and were always ready to work. We always cleaned the store multiple times a day and every customer left feeling satisfied.
Pros
Free Lunch, Clean Workplace, Understanding Staff.
Cons
Very Short Breaks.
Loved being involved with peoples decisions on building their houses.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Data entry for orders, pricing, and deliveries.
Learned how to read a plan and from that plan determine what materials they would need to build complete project.
Scheduling deliveries and routing deliveries for cost effective purposes.
Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls to correct department.
Great working conditions
Engineering technician Roof & Floor Truss Designer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 30, 2015
Great company wanted to retire from this company, economic downturn and corporate buyout forced the closure of the two facilities.
Pros
Quality Management
Cons
Market conditions.
Commerical Door Installer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2015
This was a great company to work for. I did all door installation and repairs as needed. I have no complaints about this company.
Administrative assistant
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 20, 2015
The worst experience of a company I have ever had! The management I was under was ridiculous she always was yelling and acting like a crazy person. Very unprofessional! No room for advancement unless you were in the click!
na
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  NortheastNovember 8, 2015
I have reached an apex in my career - I also travel a great deal and would like to have a better work / life balance.

It is a fantastic company and if I lived closer I would be happy.
Long days, few people.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 5, 2015
Expect to do the job of 2-3 people as the company hires a minimum amount of personnel. Long hours and insufficient resources.
It's a daily struggle to get through the day. Bringing up suggestions of improvement to supervisors results in nothing. They know that your suggestions are valid and will probably improve conditions, but often involves hiring additional personnel and that doesn't happen. Overwhelming frustration leads to dedicated personnel throwing up their hands and quitting. Sad, it used to be a good company to work for.
Pros
Job security and the work is there.
Cons
Too few people to get the job done as it should be, One person does the work of 2-3 with no additional compensation.
difficult
manager (Current Employee) –  new mexicoSeptember 30, 2015
Difficult company to work for. Upper management does not help employees. More of a gang like mentality than a professional corporation
Pros
pay for some positions
Cons
very poor management
Fantastic company
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 15, 2015
My overall experience was beyond positive. My co-workers and my employees were a complete joy to work with. Most everyone in my department had multiple years-employed with this location.
Pros
Pay raises, benefits, the positive environment
Cons
They shut down our location
was laid off
Truss Designer (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 8, 2015
when the housing market dropped they shut down a lot of offices and plants. however while they were open, it was a great place to work. good pay, good people and good hours.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 28, 2015
Great people, great atmosphere. Lots of joking but great attention to professionalism and productivity. Team spirited with competent leadership and an all inclusive approach towards tasks. A dirty job that was very physically demanding but great if you like a challenge. Lots of counting, so if your basic math skills could use a work out this place will help you tons.
Buena Compania
Drivers Class B Comercial (Former Employee) –  Mayo, TAugust 14, 2015
Otra buena compania unida con sus trabajadores y buenos beneficios la cual abandone por cuestiones economicas en esta realizaba las mismas funciones hacia deliveres para los customer y construcciones con lumber
Stock Building Supply
Forklift Operator / Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
Stock Building Supply is a great company to work for. Pay does not quite match work load but with the long hours, the overtime makes up for it. Management was very helpful
National Company with great benefits
Delivery truck driver, forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 26, 2015
Load truck, deliver building supplies to construction sites. I've learned how to advance myself through hard work. the hardest part of the job is delivering to job sites that are hard to approach. I get along well with management, and have outstanding evaluations. Available upon request.
Pros
benefits, advancements, overtime pay
Cons
Sometimes unsafe conditions for deliveries.