Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

i loved it
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYDecember 5, 2016
my first job coming out of HS and I loved it . being that I got hired before I graduated they worked with me around my school schedule, Very often the supervisors were looking for people to move up within the company. Most enjoyable part was meeting with tourist from all over the world and interacting with them to help make sales goals and to be sure the customer leave the store happy
Workplace Culture
My position at Finish Line is stock associate (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 3, 2016
Ups brings shipment, 20+ boxes each day that I do.
I learned to make sure all of my work goals are achieved.
Clean environment, great employees that are respectful and trustful.
The hardest part was adapting to the stock room.
The management is are helpful and make sure every does their role.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work.
Easy Work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2016
The management is not up to par, co-workers were great, money was sometimes missing from my check that i had to show proof of working to get that back
Pros
Paid every week, $700+ weekly
Cons
you get forced to do others work if you're done and others are not
Very productive work environment
Cashier, Kmart (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PANovember 21, 2016
Always a good day at the job. Learned basics such as, taking inventory, and resupplying. The management was always doing what they were supposed to. Especially when it came to helping newer staff. Co-workers were very outgoing. Hardest part of the job would be when I had to carry heavy items for customers without any extra help.
Pros
Very outgoing staff
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Yard Manager/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 17, 2016
love everything about working here the coworkers,supervisor,place.being outside,driving.working with retail custermers,pulling orders
Pros
work
Cons
n/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  amarillo txOctober 4, 2016
this is a great place to work for, the bosses are great, the pay is good, and theres some good incentives when you deliver sheetrock or shingles. this place is the highest paying job and have more benefits than its competitors.
Pros
great pay, great benifits, great bosses and co workers
Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 27, 2016
Excellent place to work! Great management. They treated everyone fair and handled all business professionally. I would recommend anyone to work here. a
very good company to work for
Desktop Support Specialist, Contract (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Loved working for the company even though it was a contract position but working there was very good had support from management and users I helped were friendly and supportive
Pros
friendly environment, technical training, good hours
Very professional office
Administrative Assistant 11 (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Stock Building Supply. It was a large company with about 60 associates at our location in Huntersville, NC.

Over the 15 years I was there I became the MOM to just about everyone. Mainly because I did payroll and kept track of all vacations,
DOT records as well as all Workmens Comp. claims and reports. The only hard part was managing my time so that I could make sure all my work was done and all deadlines were met. The most enjoyable part was the fact that we were just like one big happy family. I had colon cancer in Oct. 2009, when I was released to return to work the company was downsizing due to the economy and the three people who I trained to hold down my job while I was out were able to keep up with their work and mine also so they done away with my position. Therefore I was laid off. The company closed within 6 months due to the fall in the building industry.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Close to my home
it was nice working in a company where everybody see themselves as one family
warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 25, 2016
my first time work was hectic and later adjust.
i learned a lot while working their how pick from order ticket,shipping etc.
the management fantastic and very good people.
my co-workers were great,we work as a team.
the hardest part of the of the job is off loading because of heavy windows and doors.
the most enjoyable part of the is when picking/pulling order for customer.
Over all a good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COAugust 23, 2016
It was a nice place to work. My supervisor had a bad attitude. He thought I was trying to get his job. All I wanted to do was just work MY job. Pay could have been better for what I did and my responsibilities. Management was ok.
It is a fair cpmpany
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2016
It was a decent company to work for I would go back to work there .if given the chance I'd apply one thing every Monday morning they bring in doughnus for the employees.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Poor management
Good place to work.
Field Supervisor/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work. I was working remotely all over Eastern NC. I was able to learn more about the building supply industry and about all building products.
It was a good place however due to how long many people had worked there it was hard to fit in in the beginning
Director of Install Sales (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 17, 2016
Stock building company gave me the opportunity to create a new entity within the parameters of the parent company. As install management I was allowed to create a shell contracting company within the confines of the parent company. Many of the co-workers were opposed in the beginning to the idea of a shell company being provided by stock building supply. They were concerned it would cause their clients to feel like they were in competition with Stock and the longer just a supplier materials to them
Pros
Stock had the day to day money to run a bussiness
Cons
There was opposition to many of the changes which needed to be made
Fun Place To Work
Divas (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 15, 2016
I learned how to stock, Help customers find exactly what they where looking for.. My Manager was VERY friendly and understanding. I enjoyed Helping people
Pros
FREE products
Cons
short breaks
Worked with coworkers I was able to get along with and work well with.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 11, 2016
8am to 9pm were my average hours at Stock Building Supply. Using the forklift was the most enjoyable part and I was paid well for my age.
Great place to start out
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2016
Stock gives you a great starting off place right out of college. There are a wide variety of career options to choose from and people to help you along the way.
Great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2016
They closed in Vegas at the turn of the market, otherwise I would have never left. After being there 10 + years, I loved it.
Worse Job I've Ever Had!
Everything there was to do (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAMay 19, 2016
I worked at the plant in Acworth Ga. My first week I've worked in 4 different Departments they can't keep anyone because they don't know how to talk to ppl and they expect you to know how to do everything already but gets mad when you make the simplest mistakes. The work you to death but the pay is very unfare for the work that your performing!!
Productive and fast paced
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2016
Work was always fast paced. I learned how to prioritize and plan ahead. My co-workers were all good people to work with. Hardest part of the job was trying to balance different tasks at once. Most enjoyable was helping customers fulfill their every need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Stock Building Supply Reviews by Location