Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

The people are good but the upper management will thro you under the bus ina heart beat
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 2, 2017
Stock building supply aka BMC Lubbock Tx . The job was very stressful no help to much work for one person. New position but no pay raise it was hard to get a pay raise with this company. A gossiping company upper management talks about the employees when employees are off and is always talking about firing the employees
Great work enviroment. No room for advancement. No recognition for hard work.
Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 27, 2017
No room for advancement. Pay raises were very small if any.
Company has gone out of business . No recognition for work done or long hours put in.Enjoyed being close to home. Enjoyed having most weekends off.
Pros
Close to home. Work at own pace.
Cons
No room for advancement
Fast pace environment with good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Good company to work for, fast pace environment, and good management. I was really greatful to have the opportunity to work for this company it just wasn't for me it was just another stepping stone to my next job.
great place
Trained Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30064September 1, 2017
this job was great and I would love to work with the company again. Store and location was great. My boss was great to work with and was a great role model.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Worst company ever!
Outside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 28, 2017
They bought out our store(NHC) as it went bankrupt. lied to its employees, screwed them. kept old mgt in place. It was a nightmare!
we were basically liquidated.
Pros
Cons
sucked
fun place to work
Receptionist-multi telephone line (Former Employee) –  Sussex wiAugust 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my job and my co-workers this was a fun place to work at. I stayed busy everyday and enjoyed what I did. I was able to move up from receptionist to the receiving clerk. I was able to work in the warehouse when they were short handed and I liked that.
Pros
everything
Cons
i was laid off in 2008
Productive workplace with a fun enviornment
Line Assembly Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed this work experience. It was one of the first jobs I ever had and the work was fast to learn. My co workers were helpful and it was a laid back workplace.
Pros
lunch, coworkers
Cons
the climate in the workplace
Okay
Rebate and Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2017
Laid back work environment.. Typical work day 8-5 with few opportunities to work from home. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with finance and payables. Most enjoyable part of the job was work relationships.
A company that allows you to work with the public in retail sales.
CASHIER, DOLLAR GENERAL (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAAugust 4, 2017
A typical day for me would consist of unloading trucks of store products . Then once unloaded I would stock the product on the shelves . Help customers thru out the day ,rotate shelves product . Working the cash register . The hardest part of the job was getting all stock unloaded nd stocked on shelves while customers were shopping. Good friendly place to work and help customers . A great place to start retail.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Crowded areas for stocking product and pay
This is a great building materials company
Assistant Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 28, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to build a house. They are very professional and personal. They care about their customers and their contractors. I highly recommend.
Great Enviroment
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2017
Working at Stock was my first real opportunity out of college and was a great learning experience for me. It was the start of the process of developing me as a leader/manager.
I wish they had a location within my state still!
Inside Sales Associate / Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Round Lake Park, ILJuly 1, 2017
Great company to work for! The staff (local and regional) were great to work for. I learned everything from the building materials we sold to purchasing stock for our lumber yard! Truly a wonderful company with blue grass ideals that had family at heart!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Asside from losing national recognition... nothing.
Same as the prior review
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
Same company just a continuation of my employment. For this portion I moved from managing building material centers to managing a construction lending portfolio which took me from Michigan to Colorado.
One of the best companies I've worked for...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 31, 2017
I miss this culture. That's why when I relocate to Dallas, I'm hoping that I can find an opportunity with this company. Wherever they can fit me in, I'm hoping they can find an opportunity for me that fits my skill level...
Office is now closed down
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
Fun, family like atmosphere. Everyone very respectful and professional. Weekly team meetings, great communication. Management is very supportive and helpful.
boring and slow
Help assist customers (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMay 23, 2017
I stocked lotion out to the floor. I learned nothing new. the management was stuck up. work place culture wasn't good felt like high school drama. the hardest part was dealing with co workers who thought they were better than you.
Stock
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Ohio akronMay 21, 2017
I follow directions I get the job well done I go to the next step along with my job is done correctly I like to learn different things I work hard I don't give up I love stock I love the unload trucks and I love to do maintenance
low wages
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 17, 2017
they want a lot of time and work for low pay.
hazardous environment:
glass, wood, saws, power tools, air tools, learning to run multiple machines, finished products with multiple moving parts.
loading, driving, driving and unloading trucks in ALL weather conditions.
Pros
learning different aspects of wood working
Cons
much more responsibility than pay
Summary
Stock and Control Specialist/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Kaiserslautern, DEMay 4, 2017
-Same as in the previous review.

-I learned some elements of the german language.

-Great management.

-Excellent workplace culture.

-Being outside of the US for the first time and adapting to another culture, language, customs, and laws.

-Meeting and talking with the people of Germany. Enjoying the delicious food that they have. Love those donner kabob´s!
Customer Service, Stop and Shop (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 3, 2017
Working at this Job I learned a lot of basic skills that i can use in all of my future job. Furthering my experience in customer service and improving my communication skills as well as being a good team member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.