Stock Building Supply

Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Loved being involved with peoples decisions on building their houses.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Data entry for orders, pricing, and deliveries.
Learned how to read a plan and from that plan determine what materials they would need to build complete project.
Scheduling deliveries and routing deliveries for cost effective purposes.
Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls to correct department.
Great working conditions
Engineering technician Roof & Floor Truss Designer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 30, 2015
Great company wanted to retire from this company, economic downturn and corporate buyout forced the closure of the two facilities.
Pros
Quality Management
Cons
Market conditions.
Commerical Door Installer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2015
This was a great company to work for. I did all door installation and repairs as needed. I have no complaints about this company.
Administrative assistant
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 20, 2015
The worst experience of a company I have ever had! The management I was under was ridiculous she always was yelling and acting like a crazy person. Very unprofessional! No room for advancement unless you were in the click!
na
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  NortheastNovember 8, 2015
I have reached an apex in my career - I also travel a great deal and would like to have a better work / life balance.

It is a fantastic company and if I lived closer I would be happy.
Long days, few people.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 5, 2015
Expect to do the job of 2-3 people as the company hires a minimum amount of personnel. Long hours and insufficient resources.
It's a daily struggle to get through the day. Bringing up suggestions of improvement to supervisors results in nothing. They know that your suggestions are valid and will probably improve conditions, but often involves hiring additional personnel and that doesn't happen. Overwhelming frustration leads to dedicated personnel throwing up their hands and quitting. Sad, it used to be a good company to work for.
Pros
Job security and the work is there.
Cons
Too few people to get the job done as it should be, One person does the work of 2-3 with no additional compensation.
difficult
manager (Current Employee) –  new mexicoSeptember 30, 2015
Difficult company to work for. Upper management does not help employees. More of a gang like mentality than a professional corporation
Pros
pay for some positions
Cons
very poor management
Fantastic company
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 15, 2015
My overall experience was beyond positive. My co-workers and my employees were a complete joy to work with. Most everyone in my department had multiple years-employed with this location.
Pros
Pay raises, benefits, the positive environment
Cons
They shut down our location
was laid off
Truss Designer (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 8, 2015
when the housing market dropped they shut down a lot of offices and plants. however while they were open, it was a great place to work. good pay, good people and good hours.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 28, 2015
Great people, great atmosphere. Lots of joking but great attention to professionalism and productivity. Team spirited with competent leadership and an all inclusive approach towards tasks. A dirty job that was very physically demanding but great if you like a challenge. Lots of counting, so if your basic math skills could use a work out this place will help you tons.
Buena Compania
Drivers Class B Comercial (Former Employee) –  Mayo, TAugust 14, 2015
Otra buena compania unida con sus trabajadores y buenos beneficios la cual abandone por cuestiones economicas en esta realizaba las mismas funciones hacia deliveres para los customer y construcciones con lumber
Stock Building Supply
Forklift Operator / Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
Stock Building Supply is a great company to work for. Pay does not quite match work load but with the long hours, the overtime makes up for it. Management was very helpful
National Company with great benefits
Delivery truck driver, forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 26, 2015
Load truck, deliver building supplies to construction sites. I've learned how to advance myself through hard work. the hardest part of the job is delivering to job sites that are hard to approach. I get along well with management, and have outstanding evaluations. Available upon request.
Pros
benefits, advancements, overtime pay
Cons
Sometimes unsafe conditions for deliveries.
Company had growing pains
OUTSIDE SALES REP/SPECIAL INVENTORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
Search for potential custom builders to sell building products such as interior and exterior doors. Meet customers and present product information.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unorganized
difficult work environment
Forklift/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 9, 2015
management creates a discriminatory work environment which results in diminishing teamwork practices. much is expected with little to no rewards for going above and beyond. company hires more externally apposed to promoting from within. needless to say advancement opportunities are based more on personal relations with people in position of power than it is work ethics, experience and merit
Pros
overtime
Cons
division amongst departments
easy work low pay no overtime
Class A Flat Bed truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley caJuly 5, 2015
This job was easy but the pay was very low for the responsibility of a flat bed truck driver
They don't pay for your medical card. If work is slow they send you home and tell you to use your vacation to get a full paycheck. They demand a high safety standard and they will write you up immediately and even suspend you. Not worth working there unless your a rookie who's just learning. Beat up their new equipment as you learn the tricks of the trade then move on to a better paying job.
Pros
Mon. to Fri 0600 to 1430
Cons
safety demands are to high for the pay
this location made the company look bad
Delivery Driver of house building materials (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJune 28, 2015
very over worked and extremely under paid
hardest part was making deliveries to undeveloped subdivisions
a majority of the warehouse employees didn't speak English so if you needed help you couldn't express it.
Pros
you will learn a lot of short cuts and back roads in georgia
Cons
everything else
Good Company to work for.
Rider / Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 17, 2015
Rider / Driver
Pulled merchandise for orders.
Load / Unload trucks.
Delivered products to customers home / business. And pleasing the customers.
Pros
Great Job
Enjoyed working with Stock Building Supply
Window Manager of South Texas (Former Employee) –  Mcallen,TXJune 2, 2015
Was a huge learning experience . The upper management under was not well experienced in that part of the building industry and that was a huge reason that Stock failed.
No compensation
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2015
Working there for over a year, and the responsibilities given to me, are not what I applied for. When asked for compensation for all these (not so) surprisingly overwhelming duties, I was told that I need to get a certain part of my job done "faster. like half a day". Well, after being able to do that since I first got handed these responsibilities, I still have nothing to show for it. I can say that I did learn a lot from 2 of my co-workers. One of them however, doesn't really have a clue as to what we sell and claims he "works" 10-12 hours a day. Don't think you can claim a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour lunch as working. Oh, I cannot forget; when I have asked for more training, the conversation was squashed immediately. I think that half of the "positive" reviews are from some corporate individual trying to promote a positive image. And I respect that. But, I say they should INVEST IN THEIR EMPLOYEES, LIGHTEN THE WORKLOAD, LOWER THE ALCOHOLISM RATE, COMPENSATE FOR ALL DUTIES ASSIGNED TO THE INDIVIDUAL, AND IF SOMETHING IS BROUGHT UP IN A MEETING, FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.