Stock Building Supply

Stock Building Supply Employee Reviews

Work or family? pick one...
Warehouse/Driver/assembler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 20, 2017
It is a fun job with a number of challenges that allow you to become creative and find different solutions to different problems. Very enjoyable warehouse staff with strong teamwork skills. Management has a "you are only a number and can be replaced at any moment" type of attitude towards employees. No appreciation for an employee with a strong work ethic and absolutely no room for advancement.
Pros
warehouse staff
Cons
management
Not the best
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
This was a great experience but the culture was not for me. High turnover. No training or mentoring by management. Would not go back.
I'm No Longer A Toys R Us Kid
Cashier @ Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89123February 9, 2017
I was brought in to help break ground on a small location inside of a shopping mall, similar to KB Toys. During the construction period, we assembled shelving units, stocked merchandise, and put up the signs. We were getting close to 40 hours, and things were promising.

Then the store opened. Suddenly, hours and employees were dropping like flies.

I was foolish enough to stay on for a while. Nothing ever improved. The original manager was an absolute joke. Luckily, they promoted somebody else who was far more deserving, and the store ran a lot better as a result. Unfortunately, hours were scarce, and there's nothing as demoralizing as wearing the unsanitary mascot suit.

It's a shame, as I used to love this company as a child and parts of my teenage years. Perhaps the larger locations are capable of providing their employees with a respectable amount of hours. As someone who was hired as a full-time employee, it felt like a punch in the gut once I was only getting 17 hours per week, which was 2 more hours than the other regular tier employees were getting.
Pros
Demonstrating toys
Cons
Lack of hours, confused management, poor human resources department
Very professional office
Administrative Assistant 11 (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Stock Building Supply. It was a large company with about 60 associates at our location in Huntersville, NC.

Over the 15 years I was there I became the MOM to just about everyone. Mainly because I did payroll and kept track of all vacations,
DOT records as well as all Workmens Comp. claims and reports. The only hard part was managing my time so that I could make sure all my work was done and all deadlines were met. The most enjoyable part was the fact that we were just like one big happy family. I had colon cancer in Oct. 2009, when I was released to return to work the company was downsizing due to the economy and the three people who I trained to hold down my job while I was out were able to keep up with their work and mine also so they done away with my position. Therefore I was laid off. The company closed within 6 months due to the fall in the building industry.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Close to my home
Workplace Culture
My position at Finish Line is stock associate (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 3, 2016
Ups brings shipment, 20+ boxes each day that I do.
I learned to make sure all of my work goals are achieved.
Clean environment, great employees that are respectful and trustful.
The hardest part was adapting to the stock room.
The management is are helpful and make sure every does their role.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work.
It was a good place however due to how long many people had worked there it was hard to fit in in the beginning
Director of Install Sales (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 17, 2016
Stock building company gave me the opportunity to create a new entity within the parameters of the parent company. As install management I was allowed to create a shell contracting company within the confines of the parent company. Many of the co-workers were opposed in the beginning to the idea of a shell company being provided by stock building supply. They were concerned it would cause their clients to feel like they were in competition with Stock and the longer just a supplier materials to them
Pros
Stock had the day to day money to run a bussiness
Cons
There was opposition to many of the changes which needed to be made
Very productive work environment
Cashier, Kmart (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PANovember 21, 2016
Always a good day at the job. Learned basics such as, taking inventory, and resupplying. The management was always doing what they were supposed to. Especially when it came to helping newer staff. Co-workers were very outgoing. Hardest part of the job would be when I had to carry heavy items for customers without any extra help.
Pros
Very outgoing staff
Cons
Short breaks
it was nice working in a company where everybody see themselves as one family
warehouse staff (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 25, 2016
my first time work was hectic and later adjust.
i learned a lot while working their how pick from order ticket,shipping etc.
the management fantastic and very good people.
my co-workers were great,we work as a team.
the hardest part of the of the job is off loading because of heavy windows and doors.
the most enjoyable part of the is when picking/pulling order for customer.
fun place
striker/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 24, 2017
great place to work you real manage yourself the work is very easy and co workers are a blast to work with get a hr break just work long hours during peak season
Pros
1 hr break
Cons
have to work outside in weather conditions
Driver (Former Employee) –  amarillo txOctober 4, 2016
this is a great place to work for, the bosses are great, the pay is good, and theres some good incentives when you deliver sheetrock or shingles. this place is the highest paying job and have more benefits than its competitors.
Pros
great pay, great benifits, great bosses and co workers
Easy Work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2016
The management is not up to par, co-workers were great, money was sometimes missing from my check that i had to show proof of working to get that back
Pros
Paid every week, $700+ weekly
Cons
you get forced to do others work if you're done and others are not
very good company to work for
Desktop Support Specialist, Contract (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Loved working for the company even though it was a contract position but working there was very good had support from management and users I helped were friendly and supportive
Pros
friendly environment, technical training, good hours
Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 27, 2016
Excellent place to work! Great management. They treated everyone fair and handled all business professionally. I would recommend anyone to work here. a
It is a fair cpmpany
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2016
It was a decent company to work for I would go back to work there .if given the chance I'd apply one thing every Monday morning they bring in doughnus for the employees.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Poor management
Long days, few people.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 5, 2015
Expect to do the job of 2-3 people as the company hires a minimum amount of personnel. Long hours and insufficient resources.
It's a daily struggle to get through the day. Bringing up suggestions of improvement to supervisors results in nothing. They know that your suggestions are valid and will probably improve conditions, but often involves hiring additional personnel and that doesn't happen. Overwhelming frustration leads to dedicated personnel throwing up their hands and quitting. Sad, it used to be a good company to work for.
Pros
Job security and the work is there.
Cons
Too few people to get the job done as it should be, One person does the work of 2-3 with no additional compensation.
i loved it
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYDecember 5, 2016
my first job coming out of HS and I loved it . being that I got hired before I graduated they worked with me around my school schedule, Very often the supervisors were looking for people to move up within the company. Most enjoyable part was meeting with tourist from all over the world and interacting with them to help make sales goals and to be sure the customer leave the store happy
Over all a good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COAugust 23, 2016
It was a nice place to work. My supervisor had a bad attitude. He thought I was trying to get his job. All I wanted to do was just work MY job. Pay could have been better for what I did and my responsibilities. Management was ok.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 19, 2016
my managers and coworkers made the job of puting stock and building stock in the warehouse fun and learned more about reading customers invoices but it was hard because the warehouse was so hot but i enjoyed the upbeat fast paced job
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2016
really family oriented place to work, friendly people that don't mind helping you to accomplish tasks. If you any personal problems you can go talk it out with management.
Pros
free cooke out and sometime basedall gamed
Dont know what this is
Hollister (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 6, 2017
This was not on my resume so I don't have any or much to say about it... Even though I did stock on one of my jobs thats listed... All you do is stock the product in its appropriate place
Pros
Cons
Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stock Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Stock Building Supply Reviews by Location