Stockman Bank Employee Reviews

Well established culture. Great community bank
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 23, 2017
This bank is very flexible with employees. There is potential to advance, and workplace culture is friendly and playful. The hardest part of the job is when there are unnecessary customer complaints. The best part of the job is getting to know the great customers of the bank and establishing a rapport with them.
Fast paced (ususally)
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTMay 11, 2017
take deposits and make withdrawals while helping customers at all window locations. when the group you're with is good, the work is good. there was a lot of monotonous things like counting and repeating account numbers but over all it was good
Every experience is different
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 31, 2017
The stress and daily drama is worse than high school. Not a week went by where someone was crying about anything and everything. I'm sure other departments weren't as bad, but mine was.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of structure, lack of discipline, Adults who act 12
Great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJanuary 24, 2017
This company was a pleasure to work for but I have now heard that there is a new owner and I cannot attest to this company as much anymore. But I really enjoyed the time I spent there.
I very much enjoy the work that I do but I do not like the overall environment
Officer (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTAugust 5, 2016
I have worked at Stockman Bank for many years and have enjoyed the work aspect of it always. It is challenging and rewarding. What I do not enjoy is the lack of acknowledgement by upper management when there are things to be addressed or taken care of. The corporate culture is such that there isn't much/any positive feedback provided to the employees. The hardest part of my job is dealing with management without any feedback. I have great coworkers and love the actual work that I do but the management style in our department leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management
quite bland workspace. overworked/underpaid. great coworkers. bad hr problems
Teller (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 31, 2016
i enjoyed it at first but it seemed like the workload was constantly increasing and we were constantly understaffed. Also some pretty bad screwups from hr regarding pay.
Fun work place
Receptionist/Consumer Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 3, 2014
I really enjoyed my time as a customer service representative and consumer loan assistant. Much of my day was spent greeting and directing customers, answering as well as assisting all loan officers with loan files and anything else they needed assistance with. The hardest part of my job was knowing that I had the skills and knowledge, but would not get hired without having my degree. The best part of my job was the return customers that I got to know and being able to cross train and learn so many different functions.
Excellent benefits but slow advancement.
Bank Teller/Escrow Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTJanuary 4, 2014
I have enjoyed my job at Stockman Bank. I feel pleasure in being able to help people solve a problem. I have learned to be patient and pleasant when dealing with irritated customers. I am an outgoing person so therefore I enjoy the interaction with customers and co-workers alike. I have high respect for my supervisor and the management of the bank. The hardest part of my job is detecting fraud.
Benefits
Cons
Short staff in my department
Family style workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 7, 2013
This bank was a great place to work and learn from. It is a smaller bank so you were able to have the one on one connection with some of your customers which is great. I would work there again.
Job Description
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTMay 1, 2012
Process, Review and get approval on Mortgage loans for sale on seconday market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stockman Bank. Our community is ready to answer.