Stockton Unified School District

Stockton Unified School District Employer Reviews

classroom technology
computer network support tech (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: learning about education in classrooms
Cons: too much unsupported technology
supported classroom technology. Added new(er) computers and supported networking.
The Educational Experience is a process that continues you to learn
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Every school in the DistrictMarch 26, 2014
SUSD is a very nice employer. The roughest part about being a substitute teacher with 42 children is keeping them on track to the material I received from a lesson plan that is usually written by their permanent Teacher.
Excellent
William Shook, Risk Manager (Current Employee), District OfficeMarch 23, 2014
Pros: working steady
Cons: when assignment ends
When working at Risk Management I am made to feel as if I were one of the regular employees, not the just a sub. filling in. That is why I sub for Risk Management whenever asked.I have increased knowledge in all of my computer skills and learned new programs like HREMAN. Management and my coworkers teach me new skills and give me responsibilities on – more... a daily basis. A typical day at work starts at 8 am with general office duties and working in concert with management and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job finding things to keep myself busy and learning new things. – less
Changing workplace
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 13, 2014
The workplace changes from day to day depending on classroom needs.
Poor District with Eaqually Poor Ideals
English Teacher (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: management
If granted an opportunity to return to this district and receive a 15% pay increase, I would graciously decline. There are some excellent teachers in this district, but they are often treated as lower ability level, underachieving individuals. Morale is quite low.
Good for somthing temporary/flexible
Substitute Teacher K-8th grade (Current Employee), Stockton, CANovember 11, 2013
not stable, no benefits it is a good part-time or transitional job.
The district takes a very long time in hiring.
Teacher's Aide
Temporary position as a Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work was helping the teacher with the kids and clean up after them.
I learned how to to work with kids.
Co-workers where really nice.
The Hardest part about the job was nothing at all.
The most enjoyable part about the job was helping out the kids and the teachers.
The work place was great. Was able to encourage students each day.
Outreach Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton CaApril 11, 2013
Pros: prayer
Cons: better health care benifits
A typical day of work consist of greeting parents and students. Prayer each morning. Encouraging students to do a great job in class.
Great Place Great People
Campus Security Monitor (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes kids can be a handful
A typical day included starting off the morning with making sure the kids got to school safe through busy streets and crosswalks. Monitoring playgrounds and hallways, making sure guests had a visitors pass as well as keeping unwanted guests out. My main job was working with the principal and staff to ensure that all kids had a safe learning environment. – more... I led a team of yard duties to help see that everything ran smoothly, Co-Workers were amazing and so were the principals I served under. Hardest part of the job would be that sometimes the day could drag. Most enjoyable part was I felt at times I made a difference in children's lives, beyond the greatest reward ever. – less
coaching
cheer coach (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 27, 2012
Pros: being a mentor
Cons: not alot of free time
volunteered as a coach to high school girls lots of fun loved seeing the girls advance
Teaching: Challenging Yet Rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Stockton, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: occasional long term assignments, teaching varied lessons, creating lesson plans, flexible work schedule
Cons: no healtcare, paid vacation, or work during the summer months
A typical day at work usually begins with greeting my students at the door, introducing myself, taking the attendance, and advising my students of the classroom rules for the day. Over the past 5 years, I have learned that I enjoy teaching more than I thought I ever would. I have also learned that there are different learning styles, and it is is important – more... to be able to teach to the various styles in order to make sure each student is able to "receive" the lesson in order to apply it to their assignments, tests, and their lives. Establishing classroom rules early on plays a huge part in being able to effectively manage a classroom, especially when teaching children. My co-workers often include teaching assistants (special ed), and sometimes the teachers themselves as I assist them in their classrooms. I enjoy working as assistant teacher and as the teacher of the day as each experience is an opportunity to learn and grow my own teaching skills. The hardest part of my job is working in schools where there is a lack of support system from the school's administration team. The most enjoyable parts of my job are when I work in long-term assignments where I am allowed to create and implement lesson plans, maintain consistency with classroom rules and management, issue grades, create and implement incentives such as student of the week/month, and seeing the "light bulb come on" when a student "gets it (in the lesson)." – less
Fun work place
Substitute (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 5, 2012
Learned how to process flowers. My co-workers were amazing.
What I learned
Sub. Typist Clerk, Account Clerk & Personnel Tech (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 26, 2012
This was a whole knew career change. I worked at different schools and learned alot how it is managed. The whole experience working for the school district was interesting.
NEED MORE HOURS
Food Service Assistant 1 (Current Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: only get the health insurance if you work 4 hours a day and you only get mabe 2.5 hours a day.
If i get a call in the morning i go to work. They tell you what school and where. The management is super nice and great co-workers.The down fall is you don't get alot of hours, so it's hard to make ends meet.
Great Company
LIBRARY MEDIA ASSISTANT-HARRISON SCHOOL (Current Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 21, 2012
My typical day consist of encouraging literacy. The hardest part of my job is trying to figure how to service all students. The most enjoyable part of my job is looking at each one of my students faces knowing I've helped them.
Learning enviroment
Office/ Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: great staff, flexible hours
Cons: summer job when not in school
being able to help out with kids and work in school setting really was fun experience for me as a teenager in high school. i always try manage my time since i was not enrolled in summer school and keep myself busy.
Working with children and parents are a joy
School Support Technician (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 19, 2012
Working for SUSD, tought me allot. The district went through budget cuts and my position was down sized.
work outside with students
campu safety (Current Employee), Stockton, CaJuly 17, 2012
Pros: good laughs with the kids.
Cons: no work over the summer.
Monitor students though out the day. I defuse any issues the may arise with students or parents. Help studends in positive choices, and listen to what he or she may have to say. Assit the administration. Report any issues of the school campus to office staff.
Okay
TUTOR (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 25, 2012
I loved working with the kids, however, I only worked 1.5 hours a day, 4 days a week.
Great medical benefits and job stability.
Administrative Secretary, District Office (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 21, 2012
Pros: helping students obtain their goals, great medical benefits.
Cons: lack of good school equipment, lack of proper safety measures.
Heavy daily student interaction, fast-paced involving parents complaints and inquiries, daily input of student information and generating reports based on vital data. Constant follow-up meetings on student activities with school liaisons and school site principals. Most challenging is keeping up and assuring constanct vital open communication with key – more... officials to ensure important information does not fall through the cracks that may impact any student progress or safety. Most enjoyable was the student contact and my opportunity to help them achieve their goal to taking them a step closer to success. – less