Stone Academy

Stone Academy Employer Reviews

I enjoyed every day as an adult education instructor. Sharing my nursing skills as an LPN in both a teaching and clinical environment.
LPN/PCA Instructor (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great staff; sufficient salary; nice environment
Cons: insufficient hours (30hrs); expensive benefits
A typical day began with classroom teaching of several aspects that a Patient Care Associate (PCA or CNA) needs to perform as medical professionals. I taught Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Home Care Techniques, Personal Development, Basic Math and English, Phlebotomy, EKG and Pharmacology, as well as CNA training and off-site clinical rotations. – more... I am also certified to teach CPR and BFA.
I loved my job and the co-workers were the best. We all worked well together as a team to help develop a great program and curriculum for a very diverse group of students.
I did not find my job hard, but sometimes the work had to go home with us to complete the tasks, such as grades.
The best part of my job was sharing my experiences as a nurse with the students. They were all so interested and they could get a better picture of what experiences may be in their future as a health care worker. – less
Some of my sudents were older than me!
Instructor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: very low pay for the times
I taught business communications courses at this college level institution, with the main focus being writing skills.
Excellent Career Training School
Member of Phi Beta Lambda (Former Employee), West Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2013
Training includes a 160-hour externship experience; Milford Vascular Institute, Milford, CT. Assisted in sterile medical procedures, sterile processing of instruments, assisted in patient preparation and patient discharge during surgical procedures, INR testing and Coumadin Dosing.
Terrible company to work for!
Former LPN Instructor (Former Employee), East HartfordDecember 5, 2012
Terrible company to work for and they treat their students terribly. They are unorganized with their clinical placements and they hire Instructors who want to teach but have never taught before and then do not give sufficient support to the new Instructors. It is no wonder that Stone has such a poor NCLEX pass rate.
Fun work place
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Macon, GANovember 10, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to deal with different kids with different type of personalities. It's hard but it was worth it.
A challenging experience.
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Hamden, CTOctober 9, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: unstable management process
Overall a very good school for students seeking a medical career. Management changed quite often, resulting in insecure staff issues.
Growth in clinical skills in the LPN program
Licensed Practical Nurse Internship (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: excellent for clinical growth
Cons: n/a
Instructors were wonderful, a great learning experience interacting with both patients and class associates.
LOVED MY TEACHERS
Trade School (Former Employee), HAMDEN ,C TMarch 26, 2012
Pros: it lead me to take phlebotomy i, ii
Cons: hard to find a job with no experience
LOOKED FORWARD TO GOING TO CLASS EVERYDAY..THE TEACHERS MADE IT SO INTRESTING .HANDS ON WAS AMAZING..
Medical Eduation
Medical Instructor, Job Placement Coordinator (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: graditude of watching students, grow in skills and self esteem
Cons: new boss, very difficult to work with. instructors left.
Worked Full Time Days and Part Time Nights as a Medical Assistant Instructor, CPR Instructor