Stone Academy Employee Reviews in United States

I did enjoy teaching my skills to people and giving them more experience.
One on one instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 11, 2016
I would teach 2 nights a week a one on one student my clerical knowledge and the computer programs needed to excel in the clerical field.
Nothing good to say.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CtMarch 5, 2016
Not a good experience.
Management afraid of students.
Directors of individual programs
not helpful. This school needs to
revamp and be more aggressive in accepting students.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Percent of students rude, This company doesn't care if students are literate, . They only care for $$$$. Management has no clue how to manage students.
The worst management I have ever had
Instructor, Patient Care Specialist program (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2016
They continuously hire new instructors with experience. I was completely thrown in to teach with NO training. Nothing was explained to me and when I made mistakes, I was called into the office to be reprimanded. The is no support for instructors. The management team are all friends, all the up to the VP, therefore there is no upper management to support your issues. Paperwork is always getting lost for HR. My direct manager is a bully, using intimidation tack-ticks rather than training. Myself and a second evening instructor were sexually harassed by the evening manager. I would love to bring a class action against them.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
management / lack of support
great
Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 6, 2015
wonderful place to work , wonderful company. i enjoy working for this company and enjoy the students. seeing the face of a student who understands what you are teaching them is quite rewarding
The most enjoyable part of my job
Patient Care Associate Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing students with the training they will need to perform in order to deliver proper care for the residents, patients, and clients.
Horrible place to work where upper management makes you feel uncomfortable
Admissions Rep/Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTSeptember 3, 2015
I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work here. They like to have people micro manage their employees and intimidate them. It is a hostile work environment where upper management talks poorly about other employees behind their back to other employees. and swears freely. There is not one positive thing I an say about this place. It is a shiest company who are only interested in money and could careless about the student or their employee Don't bother addressing a problem or an issue its only swept under the carpet. We were scolded when we tried to contact the HR dept. The place is a joke. The" only" nice thing I can say is that the teachers truly care about the students. The administration is a joke and is managed by greedy chauvinistic men. Often my boss would come in my office and talk poorly about another employee to me but turn around and smile in their face 2 min later. Such a huge disappointment from a school that has been around for 150 years!!!
Pros
vaction time was granted when asked
Cons
horrible management, harrasement ( badering), lack of communication
i loved every moment of learning new things everyday
student (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 9, 2014
i was there from 8-3 and on some days spent longer days in there. Joined the PBL club, donated blood during blood drives. It was allot of work doing Medical Managment but by the time the course was over i loved the program.
Pros
teachers were very helpful
Cons
i had no issues
I enjoyed every day as an adult education instructor. Sharing my nursing skills as an LPN in both a teaching and clinical environment.
LPN/PCA Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2013
A typical day began with classroom teaching of several aspects that a Patient Care Associate (PCA or CNA) needs to perform as medical professionals. I taught Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Home Care Techniques, Personal Development, Basic Math and English, Phlebotomy, EKG and Pharmacology, as well as CNA training and off-site clinical rotations. I am also certified to teach CPR and BFA.
I loved my job and the co-workers were the best. We all worked well together as a team to help develop a great program and curriculum for a very diverse group of students.
I did not find my job hard, but sometimes the work had to go home with us to complete the tasks, such as grades.
The best part of my job was sharing my experiences as a nurse with the students. They were all so interested and they could get a better picture of what experiences may be in their future as a health care worker.
Pros
great staff; sufficient salary; nice environment
Cons
insufficient hours (30hrs); expensive benefits
Some of my sudents were older than me!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2013
I taught business communications courses at this college level institution, with the main focus being writing skills.
Pros
students
Cons
very low pay for the times
Excellent Career Training School
Member of Phi Beta Lambda (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2013
Training includes a 160-hour externship experience; Milford Vascular Institute, Milford, CT. Assisted in sterile medical procedures, sterile processing of instruments, assisted in patient preparation and patient discharge during surgical procedures, INR testing and Coumadin Dosing.
Terrible company to work for!
Former LPN Instructor (Former Employee) –  East HartfordDecember 5, 2012
Terrible company to work for and they treat their students terribly. They are unorganized with their clinical placements and they hire Instructors who want to teach but have never taught before and then do not give sufficient support to the new Instructors. It is no wonder that Stone has such a poor NCLEX pass rate.
Fun work place
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 10, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to deal with different kids with different type of personalities. It's hard but it was worth it.
A challenging experience.
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 9, 2012
Overall a very good school for students seeking a medical career. Management changed quite often, resulting in insecure staff issues.
Pros
salary
Cons
unstable management process
Growth in clinical skills in the LPN program
Licensed Practical Nurse Internship (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 17, 2012
Instructors were wonderful, a great learning experience interacting with both patients and class associates.
Pros
excellent for clinical growth
Cons
n/a
Loved my teachers
Trade School (Former Employee) –  HAMDEN ,C TMarch 26, 2012
Looked forward to going to class everyday..The teachers made it so intresting .Hands on was amazing..
Pros
it lead me to take phlebotomy i, ii
Cons
hard to find a job with no experience
Medical Eduation
Medical Instructor, Job Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 23, 2012
Worked Full Time Days and Part Time Nights as a Medical Assistant Instructor, CPR Instructor
Pros
graditude of watching students, grow in skills and self esteem
Cons
new boss, very difficult to work with. instructors left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stone Academy. Our community is ready to answer.