Assistant Controller (Construction)
Stone Bridge Homes NW, an industry leading and well established regional homebuilder seeks an Assistant Controller to support the CFO/Controller. This individual needs strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to provide direction and leadership for the operations of the accounting department.
- Supervise day to day activities of accounting staff of three (3) including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Job Cost, Contract Management and Estimating.
- Complete monthly general ledger account review and reconciliations.
- Monitor and record daily bank transactions.
- Create and Enter Adjusting Journal Entries to Sage 300/Timberline Accounting System.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Manage sales tax and other governmental reporting.
- Assist with financial projections and annual budgets.
- Assist in the development of department procedures.
- Project support for CFO.
- Support job estimating activities others as needed.
- Work directly with external auditors & tax consultants.
- Plan and organize own work and projects.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner, complying with all company policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite 2007 or higher
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, in the construction industry, with demonstrated application of accounting knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Job Cost accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of budgetary principles
- Strong computer/technical and analytical skills with job costing system experience (Experience using Sage 300/Timberline accounting software a plus)
- Prior successful supervisory experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills; ability to meet deadlines; customer service oriented; self-starter and problem solver; ability to see "the big picture".
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience
LOCATION: Lake Oswego, Oregon headquarters
Please visit our website at Stonebridgehomesnw.com
NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS JOB.