Stonebridge Companies Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding
Risk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 14, 2015
I loved working with the managers and providing them with the tools they need to have a safe working environment. Enjoyed the everyday challenges. I had a great mentor (manager) that I learned something from everyday.
Pros
Busy work days
Cons
not sure of any
no security
former employees (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
no security, no support. Unorganized. Frequent turn over and payroll errors. No consisitancy, certain rules for certain people. Seems the more you don't do your job the more security you have.
Pros
Cons
lots
Not a good place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke VaApril 21, 2015
Cons: Drive to work, Pay, no benefits, no vacation or personal time, no communication

Pros: the people I met while working, plenty of valuable experience
Unpleaseant work enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CoApril 14, 2015
Worked for the company and have the lack of respect for employees. Managers are quick to fire. Management does not acknowledge customers needs. Money over quality.
Pros
Cons
quick to accuse
Horribly managed company at the corporate office level
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, ColoradoNovember 24, 2014
Corporate is only interested in making as much money as they can. Tough to make a living working for them.
Pros
hotel discounts
Run Away!
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2014
Worst company I have ever works for in my 18+ year culinary career. You are micro-managed to your breaking point. Make one mistake on a report and you'll hear about it from ten different people. Your job will be threatened if you don't perform to their expectations but don't expect any support on how to improve - only criticism. They hire people into senior leader positions who can't even write a coherent sentence or understand the operation but that person will expect you to jump through hoops like a circus poodle. Don't ever expect a pat-on-the-back or any kind of positive recognition - it doesn't happen. This company makes every effort to avoid expenses and will do it at the peril of their properties. For example, there is no capital planning - they do not have an FF&E fund for their hotels on an individual basis - rather they pool the funds and wait for an emergency. They are not associate focused. Senior leaders within the organization make unwelcome advances toward their direct reports via email and text messaging. You'll have every talking-head from the corporate office telling you how to run your business and they all have conflicting opinions. This literally is a THREE RING CIRCUS.
Pros
it has been said, "you can learn something from every experience; what to do, and/or what not to do". if you accept a position with stonebridge, it will reinforce the "what not to do".
Cons
the entire company is micromanaged from the corporate office, to the property level managers, corporate hires upper level management that are usually incapable of doing their jobs, so that they can pay less than the industry standard in the area, all in an effort to put more money in navin's pocket.
Prestigious Hospitality Development Group
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2013
I absolutely loved my time with Stonebridge Companies. I was given the tools and work environment to succeed as a digital marketing manager. I was able to represent fifty of our hotels online through various formats.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
far from where i lived
The Company is growing but you feel the growth spurts.
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  DenverFebruary 18, 2013
Long and critical. At first it was good that is why I chose to go back but than a new GM at the property that was hyper critical to the point it was bulling because he did not know full service and was scared.
Pros
growing company
Cons
sop's are not followed and the cooperate team is spread to thin.
My experience at Stonebridge
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 19, 2012
The mid-lower management are very knowledgable and personable. I enjoyed my interaction with coworkers and felt a part of the team. Upper level management is entirely focused on the bottom line at, despite what they will tell you, do not care about work life balance. I can't count the amount of parent teacher meetings, plays, baseball games & plays I was required to miss. Stonebridge has primarily Select Service hotels in their portfolio and run them fairly lean. If anything happens, it's expected for folks to pitch in - regardless of their personal responsibilities.

If one is a single person and able to fully committ any and all time - this is a really good company. They have a reasonable bonus plan and pay OK compared to others in the industry.

A plus - they have great looking properties and have spent a lot of money to provide a quality product for the guests.
Pros
good mid-lower level management.
Cons
unrealistic expectations & do not care about work/life balance or family
Quick advancement opportunities but not compensated
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COOctober 11, 2012
I enjoyed working with this company, I self taught myself every aspect of the business and within a month was acting manager of the hotel. However, my pay was never increased with my added responsibilities until the end. If you work at a hotel that is older they are of no help in trying to better the property yet want results asap.
Accountant
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 7, 2012
Learned a lot about the hotel industry. Company is budget and bottom line oriented. Co workers are a joy to work with.
Pros
great travel benefits
Cons
production timeline almost impossible to meet

2.7