Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Highly productive
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2017
Great company to work for and friendly employees. The company is very much involved in the community and international especially building schools and churches. Free Training in new technology and refreshment courses.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
N/a
Complete Mess Top To Bottom
Mortgage Servicer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
Management is a trainwreck. They just closed an office and hired all new employees without the means to train and assist them. Policies for customer loans are janky.
Stonegate was one of the worst employers.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 21, 2017
I found Stonegate to be a reason to want to get out of underwriting and maybe even the mortgage industry. The training did not flow over to actual underwriting. Their current LOS system does not work for government loans (they should get on Encompass) and there are too many work arounds that not enough people actually know how to do. They have more unusual loans than I have seen in my 18 years and if you can't figure out how to get them approved then they do not pay overtime and still require that they be completed. (Even though managers have no idea how to do them and do not have their own underwriting delegations- which is really necessary in order to be of any real help.) I wish I had not taken the job. They were so rude to the people that work with them and send emails that are very unprofessional to sales and underwriting. I would rate them in the negative- it was a mistake to work for them.
short time at Stonegate
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I was hired to start a new program for them. They fired the CEO as he was the one backing our program then laid us all off as the cut the program. They didn't try to help us get new positions in the company.
great place to work
Senior Business Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisDecember 10, 2016
flexible work culture. Good pay and benefits. Good management staff and worked to accurately employ compliant and profitable business plans and models.
Very unfair management bias ' good old boys club '
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest CaliforniaAugust 18, 2016
Very unfair management biased good old boys club I have to say management is not balanced. . Overpromise portfolio leads received Internet non-qualified prospects. Any opportunity they will cheat you on your pay. ** Do not go here it's not worth it, there is too much in orange county then to come to this place. The worst part of it is they did nothing for their current customers as far as price exceptions they would rather the customer go elsewhere. Too many differences in management so it could depend on which manager you have. Upper management sits on the floor with you and preys on the emploees. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Can be casual dress environment
Cons
They'll cheat you out of your pay
Great Employer, but very expensive benefits
human resources (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2015
Typical 8-5 schedule. PTO Days and paid vacation days are nice also. Really my only complaint is how much health insurance for a family of 2 costs.
Pros
Management, Opportunities for Growth, Compensation
Cons
Expensive benefits
Poor leadership, zero promises kept, sweatshop
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 13, 2015
Poor leadership, zero promises kept, sweatshop

nice people to work with here and there

long hours required, bad leads, leads parcelled out to maybe one call per day
Pros
very few
Cons
many
Collegial environment
Legal Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2015
Collegial and results driven workplace. Excellent work/life balance encouraged. Senior management open and accessible to all employees. Excellent employee benefits.
Going Public
Government Insuring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2015
Stonegate Mortgage is a greedy company with little regard for employees or customer satisfaction. They want to make money fast at whatever cost.

My personal work experience here is underwhelming.I am never challenged and have no opportunity to move up or over. The most enjoyable part is that I am good at it. My boss actually said in my review "I would like to move you up but, you do so well at this job that I can't afford to lose you." Which is a compliment and also the reason I am leaving as soon as possible.

Management does not have a clue how little everyone does on a day to day basis.

I want to be challenged and I want to be appreciated. Which is why I will not be staying with Stonegate Mortgage.
Cons
healthcare, limited paid time off, declining culture
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, Clearwater FLFebruary 20, 2015
overall the company is a good company to work at and grow. i enjoy the my collegues and learn new and different ways everyday.
Great work out room
CORRESPONDENT CONDITION REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook ILJanuary 20, 2015
A day at work started with looking at loans i had reviewed the day before to see if i could clear any of the suspense items. Then the rest of the day is spent looking at new loans and talking to lenders. Most of my co-workers were really nice. We worked as a unit helping each other. I still keep in touch with some of them. Reviewing mortgage loans was not hard at all. There was hardly any stress doing that job.
expanding company
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 31, 2014
growing company, however our office was closed due to lack of direction and assistance from corporate office.
Small company trying to grow too fast
IT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2013
When I first started working for this company, my employee numbers were in the 500s. I was excited to work there. I only stayed 90 days. They loved me, but I thought this place was a joke. They have too many vendors. They need to keep some stuff in house because when you aburtly get rid of the vendor your knowledge is leaving too. Management and Directors only care about their advancement. It is so unstructured there. They need to stop trying to grow, and get everything structured there.
Cons
Micromanagers work there
Rapidly growing company
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2013
Fast-paced
Ever changing
New growth
800 employees
Hierarchial structure
large HR department
stressful and no accountablity for upper management
lower management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2013
The addition of a new EVP over my area changed my world. I was already doing the job of 2 people and he heaped more demands on my position with no guarantee that I would have a job at the end of a 60 day trial period to see if I suited him. The stress caused me to ask to be reassigned and low and behold my job was given to a young, 4yr degree'd, male who was in danger of loosing his job due to his division moving to another state. And now the reassignement is contingent on my agreeing to a 60 day transition period so I can train the new guy in addition to a 2nd person the do the other half of my job.

growing too fast, alot of jobs being out-sourced to specialtiy companies to handle the growth.

I see job promotions in divisions with the worst management accountibility.
Don't plan on a long term career here. I foresee hugh problems here down the road, after all, it is just a mortgage company.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
lack of job security, jobs being out-sourced due to too fast growth, have lost the culture that made everyone want to work here
State of flux work environment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 10, 2012
Smaller mortgage bank company endeavoring to become larger. Policies, work descriptions, and personnel constantly changing to try and accomodate different models for company size. Almost always busy, which was good, but also changing personnel without absorbing them into a team concept, which made it difficult at times.
Pros
had good medical & health benefits
Cons
process department under more pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stonegate Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7