Stonehill College

Stonehill College Employer Reviews

Lovely Place to Work
Pastoral Musician (Current Employee), Easton, MAAugust 25, 2013
As a graduate and now employee of the school, Stonehill College is a fantastic work environment, full with hard-working people who care about what they do.
Great learning experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I was selected to work on a microbiology research project concerning MDRSA, and my work was published in Antimicrobial Agents And Chemotherapy. On the job, I learned how to dynamically troubleshoot and problem solve for extended periods of time.
Kitchen Aide
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Easton, MAJune 26, 2013
A great volunteer position that assisted me in gaining skills that will continue to work for me in the future.
Great school
Resident Advisor/Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MAJune 6, 2013
I enjoyed Stonehill - however it is very expensive and does not cater to commuters.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Easton MaAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: lack of responsibilities
Great place to work, great staff, great people. Check in and out books, learned about the library an research. Great management staff. Co-workers all equally hard-working students.
Productive workplace, great environment
Athletics Media Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MAAugust 23, 2012
I enjoyed working for this college as a summer intern. Hours were great and I was able to learn a lot about the marketing side of the business of college. Great work environment and my superiors always offered great support.
Beautiful campus environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Easton, MAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: beautiful setting, reasonable expectations, many career opportunities, free tuition for self and family
Cons: low base salary, union dues, intense windows during the year
Stonehill College is a good employer for entry level positions. There are decent benefits, particularly if you have children looking at college. The base pay is not large, but is also not poor for the industry. The volume of work is dependent on the season, as it is a college environment. However, it is hourly, and there are multiple opportunities for – more... overtime, as well as multple shift opportunities.

The one downside is the union, which does take a cut of income, and additionally sometimes works people into boxes. It would be a more flexible environment were it not for the unions. I have also observed that the union does not do much to preserve job security.

Stonehill does tend to be very set in it's ways. It is difficult to be innovative or try a new approach. In part, this is due to a very "us vs. them" mentality between management and staff. That said, the work demands are quite reasonable, and there are opportunities for work in numerous different areas, so advancement is quite possible (and I have observed it).

During student move in periods, or near deadlines (such as right before the beginning of the school year) there can be a huge increase in work volume. Work can also be physically intense. During these periods, it can be physicially stressful as there is just a small window of time to do all that is required. Additionally, custodial cleanup on Monday mornings can be expected to be unpleasant on a college.

During the slow summer months, or before a weekend during the schoolyear, it can be calmer and allow for catch up. It becomes much less rigorous, and management is very reasonable in their expectations.

The campus is beautiful as well, and it is a nice town to work in. Stonehill is also not a top party school,so there is only limited college craziness to deal with. I have observed dear and foxes and other wildlife on campus during a work day, which makes it a little more interesting work environment. – less
Provide Support for Lab Manager
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, MAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: on campus
Cons: low pay
On a typical day you will do whatever is needed at the time which can range from cleaning, taking inventory, setting up experiments, answering questions, etc. It's a standard work study job.