Stonehill College Employee Reviews

former full time custodian
custodian (Former Employee) –  Easton, MADecember 29, 2015
where to begin, from all outside appearance the campus is beautiful like all custodian jobs at state, local, or college level nepotism is everywhere ,the union is useless, harassment is allowed depending on who you are. The harder you work the more work your given ( never work as a custodian not even worth a paycheck ) the most enjoyable part of the job sorry I got nothing
Pros
average pay for the type of work
Cons
nepotism resulting in the few doing the work for many
Personal Trainer for Stonehill College
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Easton, MADecember 6, 2014
I met some amazing individuals, while doing personal training for Stonehill College. My boss was great, as I really just had the freedom to train people as I liked. It's great to know that you've changed someones life for the better!
Pros
freedom, always new people
The harder I worked the more I was expected to do .
F/T janitor/custodian (Former Employee) –  North Easton, MANovember 11, 2014
I would work to be sure I did not only what most employees would acomplished in an average day but then had more piled on top . I would clean the snow off the sidewalks from the edge of the grass to the other edge which everyone was supposed to do and only to come-in the next night and told to clear the snow that other lazier employees piled on the sidewalk . In the twenty years I worked at Stonehill I never saw anyone advanced for seniority or being a hard worker only for favoritism . Only a few of us took pride in our work and after enough time even we lost our ambition .
Cons
differential treatment .
An Active, Fun Environment
Teaching Assistant, Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJanuary 8, 2014
Working with a philosophy professor in the classroom was an engaging, although challenging experience. The most important part of the job was to keep smiling through the challenges in order to keep students engaged with the class' material. I worked closely with the philosophy professor of the class to both design and teach a course of the Philosophy of Media.
Lovely Place to Work
Pastoral Musician (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 25, 2013
As a graduate and now employee of the school, Stonehill College is a fantastic work environment, full with hard-working people who care about what they do.
Great learning experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 11, 2013
I was selected to work on a microbiology research project concerning MDRSA, and my work was published in Antimicrobial Agents And Chemotherapy. On the job, I learned how to dynamically troubleshoot and problem solve for extended periods of time.
Pros
flexible hours
Kitchen Aide
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJune 26, 2013
A great volunteer position that assisted me in gaining skills that will continue to work for me in the future.
Great school
Resident Advisor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJune 6, 2013
I enjoyed Stonehill - however it is very expensive and does not cater to commuters.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton MaAMarch 3, 2013
Great place to work, great staff, great people. Check in and out books, learned about the library an research. Great management staff. Co-workers all equally hard-working students.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of responsibilities
Productive workplace, great environment
Athletics Media Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 23, 2012
I enjoyed working for this college as a summer intern. Hours were great and I was able to learn a lot about the marketing side of the business of college. Great work environment and my superiors always offered great support.

Want to know more about Stonehill College?

Ask a question
Beautiful campus environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJuly 12, 2012
Stonehill College is a good employer for entry level positions. There are decent benefits, particularly if you have children looking at college. The base pay is not large, but is also not poor for the industry. The volume of work is dependent on the season, as it is a college environment. However, it is hourly, and there are multiple opportunities for overtime, as well as multple shift opportunities.

The one downside is the union, which does take a cut of income, and additionally sometimes works people into boxes. It would be a more flexible environment were it not for the unions. I have also observed that the union does not do much to preserve job security.

Stonehill does tend to be very set in it's ways. It is difficult to be innovative or try a new approach. In part, this is due to a very "us vs. them" mentality between management and staff. That said, the work demands are quite reasonable, and there are opportunities for work in numerous different areas, so advancement is quite possible (and I have observed it).

During student move in periods, or near deadlines (such as right before the beginning of the school year) there can be a huge increase in work volume. Work can also be physically intense. During these periods, it can be physicially stressful as there is just a small window of time to do all that is required. Additionally, custodial cleanup on Monday mornings can be expected to be unpleasant on a college.

During the slow summer months, or before a weekend during the schoolyear, it can be calmer and allow for catch up. It becomes much less rigorous, and management
  more... is very reasonable in their expectations.

The campus is beautiful as well, and it is a nice town to work in. Stonehill is also not a top party school,so there is only limited college craziness to deal with. I have observed dear and foxes and other wildlife on campus during a work day, which makes it a little more interesting work environment.
Pros
beautiful setting, reasonable expectations, many career opportunities, free tuition for self and family
Cons
low base salary, union dues, intense windows during the year
Provide Support for Lab Manager
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJuly 2, 2012
On a typical day you will do whatever is needed at the time which can range from cleaning, taking inventory, setting up experiments, answering questions, etc. It's a standard work study job.
Pros
on campus
Cons
low pay

4.2