StoneMor Partners, LP

StoneMor Partners, LP Employee Reviews

Board volume and more board volume
family service counselor (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 20, 2016
Oh this company is horrible. They could care less about the families, it is always about the money, board volume and what you can bring to the table.. This company lacks morals and values. No matter what you give your life up for them. You work long hours, cold calling people and even when your home your working. Just so you can get your appointments and go into work and hear every hour you got in board volume yet? This company lacks family service along with compassion for others. And don't expect weekends off unless you meet your weekly number before then. Upper management will use scare tactics toward you or even the clients.
Pros
clients you meet
Cons
no values, no morals, contradiction all the time, no personal life...etc
A place where you can help people through very difficult times
sales (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 18, 2016
I currently work at StoneMor and have found it challenging yet very rewarding. There is a lot to learn and the hours can be long but helping people during the most difficult time of their lives is very rewarding and makes me feel good at the end of the day.
Pros
Great benefits, no cap on commission, good local and regional management, paid weekly.
Cons
Working weekends, technology is lagging
Very stressful place to work with little or no support from management, un happy co workers.
sales and administration (Former Employee) –  Triad area, North CarolinaApril 8, 2015
Management rules by intimidation, with constant threats of loosing your job. They push customers to buy what they don't need or can afford, they especially prey on the elderly , poor and those that have just lost loved ones. I have seen customers leave in tears from being pushed so hard to buy...I started in sales but morally couldn't take advantage of people, so I switched to admin. It was just as bad with the regional administrator, if not worse. If you don't have a conscience, don't mind working with unethical management and unhappy co workers, don't mind working way too many hours a week and paid at minimum wage, don't mind much family time, then apply for this job. They will hire almost anybody who applies because most people don't stay long, but I can almost promise that if you take a job here you will eventually wish you had paid attention to these reviews. My advice is to pass this job by, run as fast as you can...
Pros
The only pro is the hope of helping someone through the loss of a loved one.
Cons
unethecial management, working too many hours with very little pay and working under way too much stress.
Overbearing, obnoxious management
Sales (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 17, 2015
Management expects your life in exchange for paltry pay. Antiquated marketing and sales techniques. Don't waste your time trying to work for Stonemor. Technology absent for employees. Non reimbusement for travel. Very high employee and management turnover
Cons
negativity from managers abounds. employees treated as slaves.
Too much time at work not enough pay - management the least to be desired
Memorial Counselor - Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 17, 2014
Stonemor provides products and services in preparation of or in the event a death. Basically your selling cemetery plots, vaults, headstones/memorials and opening and closing of the grave sites. There are alot of hours put into making sales calls, traveling to and from customers (which no expenses are reimbursed from the company), making arrangements for families as well as going through their countless amount of paper files which have yet to be converted digitally for ease of search (56 years worth). They provide formal training months after your hired and if your willing to deal with back stabbing, business stealing, gossip and attitudes in the office then this might just be the place for you. Base salary is minimum wage and you either get that or commission. Good Luck but no one ever stays here.
Pros
learn about the funeral/cemetery industry
Cons
long hours, expenses not reimbured, management horrible
Squeez blood from a turnip
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 12, 2014
The only the thing the company cares about is the almighty dollar. The people we service (customers) and employees are all ranked way down the totem pole to the dollar. The company wants to squeeze out of the bereaving family as much money as they possibly can get. The company wants the employees to work 7 days a week trying to bleed the customers dry for the company. The company just reduced the commissions a sales person can get for the sales that you do make. Upper management is still living in the past using marketing techniques that nobody else uses because they don't work. This company has a 64% turn over rate. That stat is from the company itself. That alone should tell you something.
Pros
you dan help familes
Cons
the dollar rules, customers and employees are only people to squeeze time and money out of
StoneMor
Junior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAFebruary 10, 2014
I worked at StoneMor for nearly 6 years. I was part time and when I when classes were over I worked full time. It was a great learning experience.

The whole department was outsourced. We all lost our jobs.
Serving Families at Times of Need
Compensation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAJuly 24, 2013
Over the course of working for StoneMor and speaking with various sales employees, I noticed how dedicated they are at their jobs. Employees who earn large commission checks put in 200% at their jobs. Also, upper sales managers are very engaged with their locations. It is motivating to see them interacting with their employees.

HR Department works as a team. Many of the projects are handled by multiple parties and everyone strives to help each other. Work schedules are flexible in headquarters and in the field.
Stonemor Partners
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 23, 2012
Typically answering phones and completing a lot of data entry and making sure employee benefits are accurate. Communicating between employees, the insurance carriers, doctors offices and other practitioners. The culture here in the office is very friendly and we have a lot of activities that we include the employees in every week.

2.2