StoneMor Partners L.P. Employee Reviews

Salespersons dream!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  WVJanuary 17, 2018
If you like getting paid for the effort you give it's a great place to work. Advancement opportunities if you apply yourself. Freedom to express your creativity. Help families prepare for whats coming.
Love my job!
Pros
Comission
Cons
hourly pay
Look elsewhere!
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 15, 2018
It is almost impossible to make any more doing this job, unless you are management or your sales are spoon fed and done by management. This is an awful company to work for. It is obvious there is favoritism and just wasn’t a good fit
Good For Management Only!!
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 11, 2018
I liked my manager, however that does not make a company! The commission scale along with minimum wage/commission pay whatever is greater is the downfall of this company! I had 2 new counselors under my wings which means I did most of the funeral work/burials (No money Work) while they were in training ( $15.00 hr) and writing contracts with the manager and making double money. I feel upper management makes way to much money while the counselors are the ones that are in the trenches making all the money for the company! The company raised the prices on the merchandise twice in a one year period when I was there which made it much more difficult to sell and explain the increase in prices to the families. To sum up my feelings the company needs to take better care of the hand that feeds it and compensate counselors for work that does not include commission (burials, flower orders, holiday work and marketing paperwork etc.). I have no ill feelings because the grounds/maintenance crew were some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Pros
Benefits, Helping families
Cons
Pay, working holidays and weekends, minimum wage vacation pay
They just work u too much and don't deliver
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Work too many hours and they don't pay equally between men and women
Admin staff and grounds staff are under paid
For what they do in and out
They make 5-7 times what they pay wholesale
Very bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 2, 2018
Very unforgiving company if you have to have any time off for yourself medically or family members very unforgiving if you're sick the building at Montgomery Memorial Park has black mold they do not want to take care of it
Ambiete de trabajo tranquilo yben equipo
Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 1, 2018
Un trabajo en equipo con gran lealtad a sus oficios en el campo y compromiso con la compañía
Pros
Seguro medico
Horrible Working Enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PADecember 31, 2017
No training.
Staff is underpaid and miserable.
Pressure is overwhelming.
Management worries only about themselves.
Cemetery business is drying up.
Productive work environment
Family Service Counselor/Sales (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PADecember 22, 2017
Every day is different. There is always something going on and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping someone. Helping them cope, explaining how they can save money, and explaining what options they have available to them.
Kept my hands busy at least.
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Elsmere, KYDecember 14, 2017
The typical day was not hard at all, nothing is hard just more frustrating in the mind more then anything when you think about the plywood we have to pick up everyday, lay out and pick up again. The Memorial stones wasn't as aggravating to think of only because we would use a tractor with a bucket attachment to lift them up as well as installing them. All in all a typical day would consist of digging holes.

I learned how to operate heavy machines, take leadership such as management of a situation. As well as learning how to use various types of smaller machines and tools. I did enjoy coming in each day working with my team. We are able to have a conversation about anything and we look out for each other and be very reliable when needed. I also enjoyed at times when we would have to go to other grave yards to assist other grounds maintenance.
Pros
Made new friends, free pair of boots every year.
Cons
Make hardly enough to make a living, can't even afford their insurence policies and under staffed.
Bad place to work
Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 7, 2017
I was actually one of the filers of a class action law suit, which was won, because the management would not allow the employees to be paid for overtime. In fact they would threaten to take you off the floor time, which is where the sales people would get sales prospects, if you did. One of my time cards was actually changed by management when I put more than 40 hours on it.
Pros
Goof product to sell, full filling work.
Cons
Terrible management, especially Regional
Used car lot/boiler room mentality
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 27, 2017
Cold calling for hours on end while management looked over your shoulder and took all good leads for themselves. Make a decent sale and you're told to keep it up or lose your job.
Pros
Sometimes decent money
Cons
Demoralizing managers
You are a telemarketer.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 25, 2017
This job requires you make 100 phone calls/day. It is a telemarketing job and they do not tell you that until you start. Imagine calling people every day to sell them a funeral plan, casket or spot to keep their ashes.
Pros
lots of dead/dying.
Cons
Toughest sell imaginable.
Stressful workplace . Don’t work for this company!!!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  PANovember 21, 2017
2 week training was descent but once you are at your location you are on your own. They tell you in training that your manager will help you sell the first few weeks but that doesn’t happen. Everything is over priced that we are selling ( 3 to 4 times what it should be). Nobody gets along and management doesn’t want to deal with problems. If you go to management about anything they say you are complaining. Not enough money to live off of!! Looking for job!!!! Oh and manager steals leads!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
I t is in the funeral busness
Asst superintendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2017
It takes a certain kind of person to work in the industry you deal with people on the worst day of there lives. You must have compassion and beable to somtimes answer difficult questions.
Pros
Helping familes
Cons
It can be very stressfull
Horrible lying management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 18, 2017
Do not work for these individuals. After working for a month, I was falsely accused of something by the manager. She's an awful person. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Manager is a lying rude witch
Beware
Director of sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2017
If you want to be set up for failure this position is for you the lack of support even though they tell you that they support you that’s not true. They pay you a salary and they act like they own you, Also if you want to be on a beat down conference call both morning and in the evening this job is for you. The regional management to me is the reason for the low results that this company gets for employment most of these regional management believe in the old philosophy to beat them down and threaten them with the with their job The stress level for this was so high that it was making people sick. Not a career opportunity here...No Family work life balance either.
Pros
It was very rewarding to help clients in need
Cons
No work life balance
Great job
Administrative secretary (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PANovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at stonemor. And the only reason i left is because the company closed all togethr. Great hours and enjoyed what i did. Pay was low but management was great.
Pros
Great jon
Cons
low pay
New owners are bad. New bosses are ignorant of the industries needs.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WIOctober 10, 2017
*Too many Gen-Xers with no sense of anything except how to order
out for lunch.

*Too many "Chiefs" and

*Too many salaried "big shots".

*Bad groundskeepers and no one cares because the "Chiefs" don't
want to train new people.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list.
Used to be a good company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleSeptember 30, 2017
Once they lowered commissions morale dropped tremendously. The new national vp of sales did nada to boost employees and lacks any ability to be genuine. She leaves all scared to state any opinion which is sad because she needs the opinions of others to run the sales organization. Especially since she has such minimal experience in this industry. Instead she uses people for the knowledge she needs then treats them like garbage once she’s attained it. Company doesn’t hit they’re sales quotas because she’s brought nothing of substance to the table for them. I’m not even sure she understands she’s in charge of sales only. Seems she tries running the entire company. That’s not working our very well for StoneMor.
The hiring initiative may be bringing people in, as long as they have a pulse and can pass a background check it hasn’t helped sales grow though.
Corp office personnel have the slightest idea what is going on in the field. Fear, intimidation, egos, all leave the field hating their job. Good thing they pay successful sales people well. It is unfortunate they get rid of top producers because upper management can’t handle them.
HR was once led unbiased and were caring toward all employees. Now, well, theyre just as scared as everyone else and have forgotten they’re real calling, helping people and the company. They are puppets to the weird show this place has become. And weird is an understatement.
Pros
The past, some really great employees sticking it out.
Cons
New leadership, lack of trust, the stock price, trying to be something they’re business model doesn’t work with, terrible new hire decisions in management, complete lack of knowledge by so many of these new managers.
Sold Stuff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PASeptember 20, 2017
sold graves and tombstones and coffins and funeral services and led to people to graves and it was weird but the money was OK. Management had to sympathy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StoneMor Partners L.P.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3