Stonewall Kitchen Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment!
National Harbor, MD (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDSeptember 23, 2015
Stonewall Kitchen is a very close knit company. There is a family theme that you can feel, regardless of your position in the company! A typical day begins in the kitchen and the wonderful aromas fill the air throughout the day! I was not much of a cook before, but I have tons of recipes that I now use on a daily basis! So many flavorful dishes! Management is great and do everything to assist in whatever you need. The staff are all wonderful and unique individuals who come together and make everyone guests experience one of a kind. The hardest part of the job is the work that goes into maintaining such a fine establishment. Loads of dishes and vacuuming and mopping and rotating inventory. The most enjoyable is literally EVERYTHING ELSE! Such a fun environment! How can you not be happy around food?
Pros
Lots of free samples, close staff
Cons
expensive healthcare, not a great salary
warehouse (outbound)
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 27, 2015
My typical work day consisted of gathers customers orders and prepping them to be shipped out to the customer. I learned how to manage an RF gun and to pack certain items to be shipped out without harm to the product. Management was very helpful, kind and supportive. The coworkers were very nice and willing to help any time anyone had questions or concerns. The hardest part of my job was learning the program system they have on the RF guns. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new and nice people that made it very nice and enjoyable work place.
Not even a job
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 2, 2016
You go into to an environment full of people who have drug problems and everyone you pass smells heavily of alcohol.
The managers had no clue on how to do their jobs, Some non-management personnel had to help train two of them. They were ungrateful, unorganized, and unprofessional. You would see people nodding out off of heroin in the break rooms, in the aisles, their cars, and even at their desks. Terrible place to work!
Pros
Full time/Seasonal
Cons
The entire place
great work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  7 Amarosa #1, Rochester, NH 03868August 2, 2016
Stonewall is a great place to work the bosses are understand and get stuff working for you so your day go's smoother the other co-works are fun to be around and easy to talk to everyone helps everyone there vary nice not really a hard job once u understand what your doing
They don't pay enough for the work being done!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  York, MEMay 23, 2016
This place is like working in a sweatshop. The money isn't worth it on top of being paid bi-weekly!! The people aren't so friendly as well... And who wants to have tourist taking pics of the production line being worked by associates who are sweating their butts off!!
not to bad
Outbound associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 16, 2016
busy busy busy... I learned how to use a RF scanner. management is all right. co-workers were the best. hardest part of the job was they didn't care if you had kids or not. I really enjoyed the free samples.
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
boring work
Drama
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 17, 2014
My title says it all, this warehouse is nothing bit politics who you know and what u can get away with i have worked with high school kids that behaved and acted more like adults then the full time employees there its like a huge soap opera and upper management welcomes its! They look down down. On seasonal like we are there slaves for a few months it didn't matter how hard you tried no recognition full timers would always get the credit. I wouldn't recommended unless ur into the whole politic drama work environment.
Pros
rejects when available, overtime
Cons
drama, unstable full timers
Work at your own risk
Production (Former Employee) –  York MEMarch 6, 2013
I have never seen a place run so backwards. They micro-manage you all day long always worried about the little problems, but when bigger problems show there head nobody know what to do. The pay is under the national average, and the job descriptions are completely bogus. They'll tell you your going to be doing a certain job then they'll pile another 10 jobs on top that and not up your pay accordingly. Corporate is nothing but a popularity contest, it's worse than high school. The only people that move up are the direct family members or friends of family. They are always bragging about this "culture" they have, there is no culture there. Just a lot of people being stabbed in the back
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay, lack of management, insurance
I worked Seasonal
Packer, Cleaner, Shipper (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJune 24, 2014
I worked seasonal, and it was a great experience. I worked a lot of overtime within the course of two months and made more than I thought I would've but they work you long hours and long days. I wouldn't mind working there again though! Great experience in factory work!
Pros
great pay, wonderful management
Cons
long weeks and days
Enjoyed receiving new skills and knowledge from Stonewall Kitchen.
1st Shift Prep Worker (Current Employee) –  York, MEJune 8, 2015
Add it to the books; My first industrial kitchen experience and viewing. Everything was new, and I now have basic knowledge of production of food products in an industrial size. The job kept me very active as well.
Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 25, 2012
I would show up to work by 7AM and i would be designated to either Wholesale Pick/Pack, Retail Pick/Pack, and Freight Picking. i learned how to use an electric Pallet Jack. My co-workers were all nice but my managers were not so much they didn't really like me because sometimes I have off days but not all the time and i wouldn't try to pick up my pace because i was getting done everything that needed to done proficiently, but not quick enough. The hardest part of my job was trying to stay focused and awake at work. I didn't reall enjoy working here it was just a job.
HR Very unprofessional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New HampshireApril 28, 2014
Second interview done with HR after Store Manager. She shows up in jeans and had rude reactions and comments when I was asking her to repeat the question.

If your going to have the confidence to treat someone that way at least use a professional manner and dress the part.
Cons
looks like many i see from reviews from former employees at all locations.. hmm
Fun place to work
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  York, MENovember 13, 2014
Great people and great products. Everyone here is like a family and works hard toward the same goal.
more than just jam
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  York, MEDecember 5, 2012
excellent company that provided much creative freedom and support in my culinary teaching
Pros
free product
productive and fun place to work
outbound associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 11, 2014
very productive place always busy which I like and everyone is always willing to help. I liked working for this company but It was only seasonal.

2.8