STONINGTON INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

Inconsistent, poorly run, and sketchy
MHW/MA/RA (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTJanuary 2, 2015
I had a pretty bad experience working for this company. The policies were constantly changing. Enforcing rules and policies were done on an individual basis. THey were only interested in making money regardless of the clients wellbeing. The cameras that are up for "client safety" are actually up to monitor the employees. Overtime was out of the question. Shift preference was out of the question. THe way they talk to you was as if you were a high school drop out. All of the administration was inconsistent in their answers to simple questions. A question was passed from person to person without any real answer being acquired.
Each of the residencies was dirty and housekeeping didn't do anything but vacuum (occasionally) and laundry.
I got the impression that they hoped the clients would relapse so they could get the money from admitting them again.
After speaking with many of the clients they didn't feel like they got anything out of the rehabilitation. They were helpful for those with a alcohol or drug abuse program but not for the other issue that veterans experience like PTSD.
Pros
learning opportunity when speaking with the clients.
Cons
everything else.
This company lacks communication!
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTJuly 27, 2014
This organization lacks leadership, but is abundant in micromanagement.
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTJanuary 30, 2014
Working within this field is both rewarding and challenging. You learn alot about yourself working with this population.
Negative Paranoid Environment with Decent Pay and Benefit Package
Medical (Former Employee) –  North StoningtonAugust 18, 2013
Sounded like an ideal position offering fair wages and decent benefits. Management micro-manages (I suspect this emanates at the CEO level). Many changes with an uncertain goal. It became clear why the majority of employees appeared tense and unhappy. On a positive note clients seem to receive good competent and compassionate care.
Pros
wages, benefits, patient care
Cons
micro-managing, tense employees, changes for change?
Learning experience
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTJuly 17, 2013
This was my first job out of undergrad. I learned alot about how psychology works in the real world, and how to deal with adolescent clients.
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stonington, ConnecticutJune 23, 2013
I was a Medical Assistant here and this was a drug and alcohol rehab hospital. I would answer calls and do insurance intake for patients. When patients would come in I would do their vitals and breath alcohol testing. I enjoyed this job for the most part, I was impressed with the management team, they were mostly all recovering themselves so they showed their compassion and understanding. They treated their patients with the utmost respect and dignity. It was a great experience.
Pros
great experience
ugh
Residential assistant (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 20, 2012
No room for advancment and no over time ever but aside from that its fine to work for
Pros
schedual is good
Cons
no over time and brakes arnt gurenteed
great position
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Stonington, CTApril 11, 2012
I love the job that I perform and really enjoy the staff. A typical day at work includes Q15 checks on all clients, one-on-one, admissions, administrative work, vitals, and interacting with clients while keeping a professional stand point.
Stressful
worker (Current Employee) –  ctFebruary 14, 2012
Company direction changes frequently which puts staff constantly on edge not allow them to provide their best service
Poor work environment, not client centered
RN (Former Employee) –  GrotonFebruary 10, 2012
It was very difficult to work for a profit organization where our client base was improvised, on assistant from the government and Stonington Institutes focus was on making money not care for the clients. There was a large turn over of employees with all leadership coming from the CEO. The individual programs have very little say so in the day to day activities make employee moral very poor.
Pros
pay
Cons
supervision lacking, no direction, not client centered.