Stony Brook University

Stony Brook University Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place with many creative people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches to cover other employees
Cons: N/A
A typical day was filled with paper work, news media literature, preparing for events and furthering the University as a reputable place to attend. I learned about the many possibilities for University Graduates in terms of careers. The management was great, my co-workers were excellent and friendly. The hardest part of the job was during breaks where work flow was less and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting many important people at special events.
Productive and fiun workplace
Chemistry Researcher (Former Employee), Stony Brook, New YorkMarch 24, 2015
Made a lot of valuable connections. Learned a lot about responsibility on the job. Very satisfying working with a tight-knit community.
Fun job and great learning experience
Research - Work Study (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: wrote my own hours
There is a lot of room for learning on your own and being allowed to pursue the research in a way that works the best for you.
Positive work place
Research and Development of Thermal Spray Coatings (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not challenging
Nice place to work flexible house but did not challenge me as an engineer. CEO was not in touch with what was going on in the lab or in industry.
Productive and nice place to study
Teaching Assistant and Grader (February (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Stony Brook University is a nice and innovative place to study. I received a lot of encouragement for working hard and achieving goal from various professors.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Grader / Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYFebruary 18, 2015
It's great opportunity to learn and interact with undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering in the university.
It requires the knowledge of Fluid mechanics as well as thermodynamics.
Great enviroment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), StonyBrook, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: being able to experience
Cons: the pay and no benefits
Stonybrook was a great experience learning how to teach and care for Pre-K. The most enjoyable part was seeing the kids smile and tell their bizzare stories. The hardest part of my job was saying good bye.
Great atmosphere for research
Research Assistant/ Software/Method development (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYFebruary 7, 2015
- Encouraging research activity and collaborations
- Friendly coworkers
- Good neighborhood
- some activities
- needs improvement in school administration & management
Good experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Undergrad BiologyJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: supportive coworkers and supervisors
Cons: a lot of work to do
Good experience, I learned a lot was very educational and I had the support of excellent coworkers and supervisors
Professor's were awesome
Health science track leader/student liaison (Current Employee), stony brook nyJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: professors were quite busy
I was a student liaison for my classmates and our professors. I met with professors on behalf of 70 students and addressed the needs and concerns of my constituents. The professors were awesome to work with and we got a lot done, to make for a successful semester.
Educational and skill building experience in the lab.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: independent and educational experience
Cons: little variability in lab work from day to day
I volunteered for a graduate student in the lab for one semester at the university. I used a compound light microscope to count and collect data for later analysis .There was only one other volunteer in the data collection of this experiment so we worked by ourselves for the most part. The best part about this experience was that I was very independent, in that I made up my hours when it was convenient for me. It was a educational experience as well because I learned how to use equipment and computer applications I never had before. The only downside was that the actual job was a little monotonous, and there was no variability from day to day. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, and I felt I was part of an important endeavor and it made me feel good to help.
Very diverse staff, in this office everyone communicated efficiently and respectfully with one another.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYJanuary 9, 2015
It was a great job to have during my senior year at Stonybrook University. My supervisor was very helpful as well as the office team, who was a pleasure to work with.
Helping and learning at the same time
Teacher Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYDecember 2, 2014
It was great honor to work with Professor. Nugent.
He is one of the best professor I know in Stony Brook University.
He is really good at teaching finance. Also, explaining concepts to students were a good chance to improve my skill.
Excellent research university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYNovember 24, 2014
Stony Brook University promotes state of the art research opportunities to students under the guidance of world renowned professors. Its diverse and inter-discipline research helps student to work on real world problems.
its good working enviornment
Teaching and research Care Nurse-2 (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2014
i am working there for 6 yrs.i liked it and engoy my working enviornment.
an invaluable journy
Research assistant (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYSeptember 15, 2014
The PhD program at Stony Brook University (SBU) is well balanced between study and research. I can attend useful courses / trainings to help me solving the problems or questions in my research. In addition to professional knowledge and skills, I also improved my ability on other aspects such as self-learning and problem-solving. The working environment at SBU has always been motivated and collaborative. One of the most enjoyable part in my whole PhD is that I can work on very diverse interesting project by establishing collaborations with scientists from other school and institutes.
Great Place for Students
Research Assistant within Psychiatry Department (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYSeptember 8, 2014
The University really caters to its student employees so that they can pay their way through school. Not a lot of room for advancement, but good for the interim.
Productive place full of research oriented work
Student (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Stony Brook offers a lot of research options ranging from Systems area to Application level.
An excellent perfect place of employment
Associate Director for Risk Management, Camp. Res. (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: working with the students population
I had the opportunity to work and interact with some of the most amazing group of people at Stony Brook University.
Pleasant Pedagogical and Training Evironment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: true to community development mission
Cons: contracted employment
My role involved establishing relationships with community stakeholders to enhance the training and employment opportunities for the continuing education and higher education students at York College.

1 2 3 4

About Stony Brook University

From its beginnings a half-century ago, Stony Brook University has been characterized by innovation, energy and progress, transforming – Read more

Stony Brook University Salaries