Stony Brook University

Stony Brook University Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Client Support Representative (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours for students
Great place to work at while you are student. Management was very helpful and had a great team. I learned how to trouble shoot computers over the phone.
Productive Work Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYJuly 29, 2015
Stony Brook University is a great place to earn a PhD degree from. The work environment is nice, people are friendly and helpful.
good place to study
Postdoctoral and Instructor (Former Employee), stony brook, NYJuly 16, 2015
it is a good place to study. A small place on long island but near to NYC. It is very easy to get to NYC by the Long Island Rail Road.
Interesting
Administrative Secretary II (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYJuly 11, 2015
I was a temp so I am unqualified to answer. It was a fun place to work. I learned a lot. I meet a lot of people. Went to events. I learned how events are run. My co-workers were friendly.
Nice environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed my PhD studies in Stony Brook University. Long Island is a beautiful place to live. Campus has a great child care service.
Stony Brook University
Member of the Dean's List (Current Employee), stony BrookJune 9, 2015
Good place to go to school. Was fun and great while it lasted. Food was ok and expensive. But that's college for you. I was Part of the Deans list every semester.
A friendly place with open-door policy
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed my PhD in Stony Brook. The class workload was more than usual but in general the education is good. PIs are generally helpful and smart.
Great to work for
Student Assistant (Former Employee), GLS CenterJune 1, 2015
Stony Brook University has great staff that are very helpful and are pleasant to work with. Employees are knowledgeable and friendly.
Fun place to work
Video Coordinator (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYApril 29, 2015
If you love sports this is the place to work. Lots of upcoming talent and projects coming to SBU that will surely make it the top school in New York within the next few years.
Excellent Research Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Diverse research area, friendly working environment
I am a PhD student at computer science department. As a part of my PhD, I have been working as a research assistant. It's been an excellent experience for me so far. The faculty and students work closely together in an open, collegial atmosphere. The department is active in many of the major research areas in computer science with specialization in Visual Computing, Computer Systems, Networking and Security, Databases, Logic Programming and Deductive Systems, Concurrency and Verification, Algorithms and Complexity, and Computer Science Education.
great
Senior Projects (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYApril 21, 2015
Stony brook great university that may push you to your limits but will result in a positive career and life if you stay the course
great
Sociology of Crime Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYApril 15, 2015
i love stony brook university and all it has to offer. working and going to school their really helped me meet new people besides the ones that were just in my class. the most enjoyable part of this job was getting to see the students in the crowds at all the concerts and events and how happy they were
BRV not fun
Brookhaven Residential Village Sports Coordinator (Former Employee), stony brook,nyApril 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Some good people, but everything varies. But also boring from time to time.time. Theres a lot to do in the community , make use out of everything.
This is my undergraduate university
student (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 30, 2015
This university is a key university in China and ranks 30th. I have learned a lot of knowledge related to the engineering here.
Productive and fun place with many creative people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches to cover other employees
Cons: N/A
A typical day was filled with paper work, news media literature, preparing for events and furthering the University as a reputable place to attend. I learned about the many possibilities for University Graduates in terms of careers. The management was great, my co-workers were excellent and friendly. The hardest part of the job was during breaks where work flow was less and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting many important people at special events.
Productive and fiun workplace
Chemistry Researcher (Former Employee), Stony Brook, New YorkMarch 24, 2015
Made a lot of valuable connections. Learned a lot about responsibility on the job. Very satisfying working with a tight-knit community.
Fun job and great learning experience
Research - Work Study (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: wrote my own hours
There is a lot of room for learning on your own and being allowed to pursue the research in a way that works the best for you.
Positive work place
Research and Development of Thermal Spray Coatings (Former Employee), Stony Brook, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not challenging
Nice place to work flexible house but did not challenge me as an engineer. CEO was not in touch with what was going on in the lab or in industry.
Productive and nice place to study
Teaching Assistant and Grader (February (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Stony Brook University is a nice and innovative place to study. I received a lot of encouragement for working hard and achieving goal from various professors.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Grader / Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Stony Brook, NYFebruary 18, 2015
It's great opportunity to learn and interact with undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering in the university.
It requires the knowledge of Fluid mechanics as well as thermodynamics.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stony Brook University

From its beginnings a half-century ago, Stony Brook University has been characterized by innovation, energy and progress, transforming – Read more

Stony Brook University Salaries