Stop&Shop

Stop&Shop United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), braintree maApril 8, 2015
Cons: benefit care for full -time
i was working on grocery department ,its was a great experience on my life , i learned how to work hard and keep my eyes open and more focus on my job, i quiet cause I'm looking for more opportunity
Nice customers, decent environment.
Clerk (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: the customers were great
Cons: no hours
Typical day consisted of bagging, and doing other errands when asked, barely got any hours because they thought it would be a good idea to keep hiring people. I learned that you need to either demand more hours or find a new job. Co-workers were alright, I met some great ones and some not so great ones. Hardest part of the job is nothing really. I loved meeting new customers and talking to them, I especially loved when a customer would remember my name the next time they'd see me.
Great place to start or continue
Food Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 13, 2014
this was a great place to work especial because I was a full time college student and they worked with my schedule every semester. I learned a lot there I was placed in many leadership roles so I gained a lot of experience . the hardest part was saying good bye to coworkers has we moved up the ladder but it was also one of the best parts, this company always has on opportunity for you to move up has long has you work hard and show interest and I love that about them. another part that I really like is their focus on customer service , always trying to make sure the customer is happy and well informed.
Typical retail
Cashier/Customer Engagement (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJNovember 4, 2014
Typical grocery store environment. Detail on customer service.
Its bad if you actually want a paycheck
Bakeshop Associate (Current Employee), Warwick, RISeptember 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, bad managment, no hours
My management was horrible, I had full availability and I was barely ever scheduled. I requested a small time frame of ONE day a week off, for class, and I could never get it. I felt well underpaid for the responsibility I held in the bakery department.
Productive Workplace
Pea Pod Personal Shopper (Current Employee), S Setauket, NYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Each day I would shop orders for customers while also training any new employees.
I learned how to communicate with coworkers, manage my time, work in groups and alone
My management was not the strictest, but knew how to motivate employees in order to get the job done effectively
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 22, 2014
Open and close register
Coupons and all discounts
Customer service
Return Items
Organize and clean work area
Problem solve customer complaints
great workplace love helping my customers
cashier (Former Employee), 1690 Revere Beach ParkwayJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great hours, great benefits and we all got along very well.
I would punch on time go down to my register made sure it was clean and fully stock then I would sign on to my register and begin ringing in my customers order then I would bag there orders up for them. I loved my job very much because we were all like one big happy family. There was no hard part of my job because I loved it. I enjoyed helping my customers and they appreciated me and that made me very happy. The apartment I actually live in was rented to me by one of my customers.
it was nice i enjoy working with people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Forestville, CTMarch 18, 2014
I was okay . I enjoy working with people. I have got alot of work out being ther I enjoy the customers and people i work with .it show me resonabley
Productive work environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJanuary 17, 2014
My overall experience with Stop&Shop has been worth the time and effort that I have contributed.
Big company lots of opportunity
File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Dix Hills, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, payed holidays and vacations days
Cons: union based
a work day consisted of scanning items and making price tags for them so they can be displayed on shelves, i also did cash register and i stocked items on shelves. Inventory season i would count out all items and calculated how much money the store has won and lost
cahier/ fike clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cranston, RINovember 12, 2013
Cons: shorth breaks, too much standing up
customer service, customer issues, replaced old sale tags with new weekly ones, handling money
very respectful
Assist gust (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTNovember 8, 2013
Working for stop&Shop was very good for me. one of the first jobs I've ever held. Working in the seafood and meat department wasn't a fun job. Cleaning up at the end of the night was one of the worst things about the job. not a job that i would recommend.
Very productive wowrk place
Peapod Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 30, 2013
1. Pick out and scan items for the order
2. Scan tote and put items in bags
3. Put bags in either dry or cold tote depending on what type of items it is (Dry/Frozen)
4. When finish with the order you scan all totes
very productive and enjoyable place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Keyport, NJOctober 12, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, customers, and managers
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be fast-paced, making sure everything is running smoothly, working the register, making sure returns get done, keeping the front-end neat and organized, and keeping customers happy whether on register, working customer service ordoing the front-end. I learned how to solve customer problems, do price adjustments, good communication skills, and making sure everything in the front-end looks neat. I would let the managers know about any problems with cashiers or with customers when needed, always friendly with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when i had to deal with an angry customer but made sure to keep calm and keep the customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and working in a fast-paced supermarket
helps with communication skills
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), FranklinPark.NJOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: poor pay rate
I like the job,its fun and I like my co-workers. I've learned to be more patience with people.The supervisors are good to work for. The hardest part of the job is the pay rate.
Productive and engaging experience.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: discount on foods
Cons: short breaks
Stocking shelves and assisting customers find different fruits and vegetables would be a typical on the job.
Productive work place.
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work scheduale
Cons: salary, hours
Flexible at times, you have to work hard to stand out , I get along with all my co workers its a positive environment at all times which makes the work day run smoothly, I love my customers, The hardest part of the job is when customers order their groceries to be shopped and they'll pick them up but we.re timed at work because there can be as much as over 200 items an order .
cool place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 15, 2013
Pros: under it's contract with the united food and commercial workers union, stop & shop provides very good benefits. even part-timers have guaranteed minimum hours, scheduled wage increases, health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching.
Cons: there seems to be no room for advancement for part-time employees.
I liked working at Stop&Shop. good employees and work environment.
Great workplace with dedicated staff
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Hampton Bays, NYJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: great work environment, dedicated staff.
Cons: short breaks, no benefits and compensation.
Management and the staff worked with team effort and precision to assist customers and assure quality service.

About Stop&Shop

The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company, based in Quincy, Massachusetts, employs more than 59,000 associates and operates 389 – Read more

Stop&Shop Salaries