Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,705 reviews matching the search
a good reliable place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJuly 24, 2016
It is a good reliable place to work that provides benefits. It can be more challenging for me to use my education and skills.
Sociable work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, NJJuly 24, 2016
Sociable work environment with helpful associates but the company itself did not do enough to aid employees. Also not many opportunities to advance in company from a entry level position.
nothing to say
Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 23, 2016
I have nothing to say about Ahold. They are a big company and you can get lost. They outsourced thier IT department and have outsourced again to another company.
Opinion
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJuly 22, 2016
- A typical day was dealing with customers
- What i learned was to handle the register
- Management was great
- Co-workers made me feel at ease
- The hardest part of the job in the beginning was when i had to count the till by hand, but i got the handle of things quickly
- The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was the closing cashier
friendly and happy enviroment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTJuly 22, 2016
many bonds are created during the job everyone typically gets along everyone has respect for one another the customers can et pretty rude but the job itself is very nice
Pros
discount
Stop and shop
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT 06614July 21, 2016
I enjoyed working with Stop and Shop, loved the benefits they offered to the employees, I have worked for that company two times in my life as a teen and adult
I enjoyed being apart of the Stop & Shop team.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 18, 2016
My jobs and hours would fluctuate weekly at times. I enjoyed the customers as well as my co workers. The hard part was being on my feet all them hours and doing the same thing all day. I would do different jobs there when required and I enjoyed switching up the work.
many opportunities
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 17, 2016
This company had many opportunities that allow you to learn and grow within the company. Excellent part-time to full-time program.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Neck, NYJuly 15, 2016
The company has a great environment, good management, flexible with your schedule. About 6-7 hours a day, time and half on Sunday's after one year.
peoplr were like family,fun to work with, opportunity to train, easy to have fun.
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTJuly 15, 2016
I really liked working there except when they changed to the latest store manager who was very difficult. He made sure everyone new that he was not going to associate with any employees because that was beneath him. He made it uncomfortable to work in that enviorment and kept switching my hours around
Pros
loved my hrs, loved my co-workers, loved keeping busy
Cons
ever steady changing of store managers and them changing store policies

Want to know more about Stop and Shop Supermarket?

Ask a question
A great first job for anyone.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 14, 2016
Was my first job. Was hired at 16 and learned pretty much every aspect of the store from customer service, bakery, to grocery department where I was in charge of daily inventory.
Catching Shoplifters
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 12, 2016
The job itself is good when catching shoplifters but the operational tasks is not something I'm qualified for. doing tasks that store managers should do is something that takes time away from catching people walking out of the store with hundreds of dollars of product.
Pros
Apprehending subjects that steal
Cons
Management tasks
great place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 11, 2016
great area and very busy area to work. great management and customers. the hardest part of the job was pushing all of the inventory on the carts
Horrible don't work there
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 11, 2016
It's union so you better learn your job in less than sixty seconds or management will send you to another department to get rid of you, they don't really train right they have people who work there tell you how to do things but those people cut corners cause they are so afraid of being slow, I overheard my front end manager saying she would use a cattle prod on me cause I was slow, all management cares about is numbers not people so if you are a robot who works super fast it's for you. Oh yea and you don't get a half hour break for seven hours even at kmart they give you a half at 6 hours. Some of the coldest people I've ever worked with and some of the most immature as well but this is rhode island so maybe elsewhere it's wonderful. I put I don't approve of the ceo cause if management treats me that bad I can imagine what the ceo is like
Pros
NONE I CAN FIND
Cons
EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY TRAINING
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAJuly 11, 2016
I have always felt happy going into work. I enjoy working with people and I couldn't have asked for nicer co workers. Ive always had excellent managers who make the work day go very smooth. I'd say the hardest part about my job is when customers become frustrated with something that i myself can not fix for them. The most enjoyable part is helping customers stay happy and healthy.
Pros
Great staff, Good benefits, Excellent Management.
Cons
Understaffed, Short breaks
Typical Supermarket Job
Cashier/Grocery (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJuly 10, 2016
Basic Supermarket Job. Did cashier work and stocking and leveling. Worked with customers and had to help them when needed. A good job to have in High School. Didn't offer much but it was a secure job, the management didn't get involved too much with individuals. There really wasn't a culture. However the co-workers were great and the job wasn't that hard. Met many different people. Job was hard as a cashier because of the long hours involving standing. However it was my first job, it was easy to do and got me into the workforce.
Pros
Easy, Good Start, Great Scheduling
Cons
Lots of Standing
GOod starter job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJuly 10, 2016
Being a cashier is not the most rewarding or entertaining job but it is a job and the fellow workers are great and definitely help out a lot. THere are some opportunities to move into other departments.
fun and easy entry level work
counselor who watched over kids ranging (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJuly 8, 2016
At Stop and Shop I gained experience in customer service, money management and shelf stocking. I trained many employees who developed quickly and were able to complete their tasks using minimal time with maximum efficiency.
Flexible Work Environment
Cashier/ Cash Department Head (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 8, 2016
Customer focused organization with flexible hours. Several departments to choose from to meet many work styles. Diverse culture serving the market areas that Stop and Shop is located in. Good opportunity for growth.
Great for gaining leadership experience
Assistant Customer Service Department Head (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 6, 2016
The most challenging part to this job is separating personal feelings from leadership performance. Stop and Shop typically hires very personable people who make the social aspect of the work very enjoyable. It is important for any one aspiring for this job to remember that it is a management position, and that sometimes you must boss your friends around and give out criticisms as well as compliments.

Stop and Shop Supermarket Reviews by Location