Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shirley, NYOctober 16, 2017
stop and shop is a fast paced store the employees are nice but sometimes people do not get along. I work in the service desk some customers are really nice and some are really mean
A good first job
Cashier-Self Scan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAOctober 16, 2017
It is a good first job. Everything is easy to pick up. The supervisor who used to do the schedule played favoritism and when you inquire anything about your schedule and try to swap shifts with someone she always had a ridiculous lie as to why she can not accommodate or simply say she doesn't have to explain herself. Luckily my union rep was helpful in this matter.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2017
A typical work day is having to deal with multiple customers at once, there is never nothing to do. The hardest part of my job is probably having to deal with extremely nasty and rude customers.
Fun place to work, with many friends.
Florist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 14, 2017
I generally like this company I have been working with them since I was in high school. Always very forgiving, customer as well as employee friendly.
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYOctober 11, 2017
I was promoted after 16 months and they promote from within, everyone starts out part time. The union was the best part of working for the company. They actually care about the employees and work for your best interests not the company's.
Pros
The union
Fun place to work at
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  East Islip, NYOctober 11, 2017
I didn't mind working there. Job was simple as can be as long.as your.orginized and a good multi tasker. Upper management was laid.back.and didnt.get in the way of.your duty as a.amanager
productive workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 11, 2017
Working at night for me with stop and shop it helps me build up skills and experience to climb the ladder in the near future as a assistant manager or GSO.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
great benefits for part timers
working
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 11, 2017
it was a beginning which I need to get experience. They were easy to get job at. I met a lot of new friends. discovered I was a people person Sometimees the hurs were not conductie
Pros
experence
Cons
you start a bottom
good company
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Assonet, MAOctober 10, 2017
this was a good job it was very fast paced but not impossible to get the work you needed to done. Offered overtime which was nice when it came tome to get paid
dunking donuts
Dunkin Donuts (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 10, 2017
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult and rude customers in a positive way. This was my first job so I had to learn about to interact with people. The best part of the job was the bonds I built from the regular customers.
Great place to work for when in school
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIOctober 10, 2017
For me personally I was the one who pushed carts. I did my own thing and was never bothered unless they needed me to do something that was important. I learned how to deal with customers and how to properly talk to customers and assist them. The management was great and they are great when it comes to fixing your schedule with school and sports. The work area was great, the employees were nice and helpful. There was never a part in my job where it was hard, if there was I would ask an employee and they would help me out. The most enjoyable part of this job was when we did stuff together such as fantasy football.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
its ok
Night Crew Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 10, 2017
its a fine place to work until you want more out of life then they shut down and try to limit your growth with the company especially if your doing good in the position you started in
Overall this company is terrible to work for
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 9, 2017
I worked for this company back when I was in high school as a part time job. I tried to stick with it after high school to see if I could advance in the store to see if I could possibly get promoted. Soon to realize that they play favoritism a lot at the store I worked at and there isnt much room to move up the ladder at all in this place. Plus the management here is very rude and do not know how to communicate properly with staff members.
Pros
Will hire young kids and disabled workers
Cons
Pay, benefits, vacations, etc.
Good First Job
Bake Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitman, MAOctober 8, 2017
Stop and Shop is a decent first job. Depending on the section your in you can either hate it or love it. Easy work as a cashier, and occasionally nice co-workers.
good place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTOctober 8, 2017
It was a good job while I was in high school. Once I actually wanted to and tried to move up I was mistreated. They gave a position to another employee not because he was a better worker, but because he had more time invested with the company.
I never had fun
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  1009 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2017
Basically is to focus on few main tasks, depend how thing are going through that day.
Dealing with a lot people who has different conception, behavior that help me learn more and manage my " knowledge " about my job.
A workplace culture is very important but,is depend what affected it, describe it, and how define it. The hardest part is the way i'm working and the treatment, and the most enjoyable part: to be honest, I never had that
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  South Setauket, NYOctober 6, 2017
Work was a lot and it was fast paced based on the fact things had to get done in a suitable time before morning came. The work is based off been able to do things on a fast pace and been effcient.
Pros
Prois that you had a job.
Cons
Cons is that there somethings you have to endure or just leave.
Mismanaged
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Place, NYOctober 6, 2017
The front end management needs to be more organized and the year round employees should receive more hours instead of hiring more part time employees and everyone getting minimal hours
Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Forestville, CTOctober 6, 2017
It a good place to work and to learn good work ethic in the retail business. The opportunity to work with the public. The management are friendly and fair with all the employees.
Just a all out company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 5, 2017
I would classify this company as being a competitive store because of it's values and freshness with customers coming back each and every day because of freshness and great hospitality.
Pros
Great management and benefits.
Cons
Should be able to work more hours.