Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: energetic and friendly working environment, flexible scheduling, benefits
Stop & Shop provides a great working environment, whether you are seeking an entry-level position or a leadership role. Scheduling is flexible, especially for students. Advancement opportunities abound for those who are hardworking and dedicated. Management and coworkers are good people overall. Benefits are available even to part-time employees. I've had other jobs in retail and customer service and none of them could ever compare. A very positive experience overall!
Fun place to work at
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free food, fun environment
Cons: n/a
Was a fun place to work at. A typical day at work would be just coming into work and seeing all the kids happy and ready for their daily activities. I learned a lot while working at Big Hugs from taking care of little infants to toddlers, to managing activities and teaching important things to the kids. The co-workers were friendly and genuine. The hardest part of the job was just leaving the kids because i enjoyed spending a lot of time with them and just playing with them in their own element.
is a very fun and exciting job opportunity
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Dedham, MAFebruary 3, 2015
this job has a very unique work environment it is fun and exciting to work at stop and shop. I learned how to interact with customers and work with exciting co-workers.
Perfect First Job
Cashier and Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Whitman, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: lasting friendships, basis for customer service skills, teamwork
Cons: income, no health benefits
I started as a cashier at Stop and Shop when I was in high school. I feel that this job was an important stepping stone in my personal and professional career. I was able to establish independence and learn the value of hard work. My time there really shaped the foundation of my customer service skills.
repetitive, mundane, tiny break room
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Stoneham, MAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons: minimal hours, back rooms smell terrible
A typical day involves unloading pallets off of a truck, putting out product, and doing whatever you can to make customers happy and want to come back.
Productive work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), MassachusettsJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: union, dental, vacation pay, sick pay
Cons: no health care
- A typical day at work consisted of problem solving, critical thinking, and assessing customer needs.
- I learned customer service skills, cash handling skills, and how to help people.
work was always bussy
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: low pay
I would serve custemers all day at the deli till 11pm then we would clean all the dishes and slicers. also had to clean the fryers and chicken oven.every week or so we had to clean the drains.work was always bussy and the custmers were really impatiant
Grocery store
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Coventry, RIJanuary 20, 2015
Great co-workers, and great working environment.
Typical day consists of decorating cakes and cupcakes, or baking bread, cookies, pies and other sweet goods, or doing a nightly set up getting breads, pastries, muffins etc ready to be baked in the morning and then cleaning table tops and washing the floor.
fun
Responsibility - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: na
It was a fun work environment. All associates got along in a family friendly way.
Productive and fun working in a super market.
Manager (Former Employee), Darien, CTJanuary 19, 2015
On a typically day in a retail environment there was always something new and engaging to learn. I wanted to learn every aspect of the business with the help of management they ensured a new tasked was learned every day. During my day I engaged with my customers and employees to build rapport with them with that had a very strong team. My favorite part of the day was helping and or making a difference with company a customers or and an employee. The worst part of my day was throwing out the garbage in the compactor.
Cashier (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: wages
Multi-tasking between positions.
Customer overflow 4 times a week.
Management are friendly and helpful.
20+ Years and still going
Clerk (Current Employee), Western MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2015
I've been with S&S for 20 + years. It has been a good career and pays well. Working retail can be very stressful at times. It's not for everyone.
Fun workplace,
Cash Department Head (Former Employee), South Yarmouth, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: management appreciation.
Cons: short breaks and not getting overtime.
I would come in and greet everyone on the front end. I would start by getting my keys and balancing the Podium draw. Look over my lineup and check for who is coming in and who is leaving and when. I would get on a register myself to clear lines that might appear. Start someone to take returns around. I learned to get along with all types of people. Learned to take a good look at myself , hopefully to correct any flaws that might appear. My Front end manger Sue, was the greatest person I could ever know. We had fun as well as worked. Most co-workers were good, some were like children and I had to coax them to due their job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a difficult customer and knowing your limits and when to call for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was working and helping people.
Culture of the position was positive and friendly
Service Clerk (Former Employee), North Dartmouth, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: friendly work atmosphere
Cons: less income
Friendly work environment.
Proactive management
Favorable benefits
Flexible work schedule

Unfortunately the income was lower than my need and kept me from allowing to continue with the position,
Stop and Shop
Assistant store manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTJanuary 14, 2015
A great company to work for. Plenty of room to advance. Great people and a great atmosphere to shop. This company really strives for the superior customer experience.
Greeting people and helping
Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Working at the service desk I worked with Western Union, Lotto Machine, handling returns, Money Orders. While working behind the service desk I learn to move at a fast but not making a mistake. Making sure I give the customer in front of me my attention, but not ignoring the customers inline. Behind the service desk was two workers. You must know how to work well with others and be respectful at all times. The hardest part about the job that there would be times that I'm working behind the service desk and there is a long line of customers waiting for me to get to them. I learn I had to maintain my cool and let them customers know I will get to them shortly even if a customer was not in a good mood and they give me nothing but attitudes just to keep a smile on my face and help them with anything that they need. I enjoyed helping people if they was coming to play lotto just knowing maybe today I sell a big winning ticket or if a customer just went through a cashier line but they scan 1 item 3 times and there upset just fixing the issue and apologizing so they can leave the store with a better attitude.
Would not Recommend
Cashier (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: management
This is only a good job to have through high school or the start of college.
Many employees lost benefits after having worked years to earn them.
Good place to work for people entering work force.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Wethersfield, CTJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: five percent off
Cons: short breaks under payed
As a starting job all employees are treated fairly and equally but after a few years it gets old. The management are good people who work hard. Hardest part is dealing with rude customers and best part is being able to help customers.
Clerk
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: no free time
Cons: thirty minute break
I've worked with customers and prep their orders and also worked as a team player on helping other employers.
Great Job, but need enough money to save for retirement
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: no education experience required
Cons: lots of physical work as one grows older
I have worked at this job for 15 years, and my managers and supervisors really like me, but I need to evolve my career into something different.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos