Stop and Shop Supermarket

1.3K reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 1,284 reviews matching the search
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at Stop & Shop is displaying product out for customers to buy. I learned how to multi-task and better myself. The hardest part about my job is that during the holidays and summertime it be so busy we barley have time to take breaks. My co-workers work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work.
Frontend - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJanuary 9, 2016
I enjoyed my years with Stop & Shop. I had a very good relationship with all my co-workers and management. My managers would work with me to set up my schedule and they knew that if needed I would work the extra hours. I think they were very impressed with my work ethic as they would ask me to do jobs that were usually reserved for others with more experience. They also saw that I could handle some of our more difficult customers with courtesy and professionalism. My cash drawers were never more than a couple of pennies off. Both the store manager and the front end manager stated that if I needed any references to give them a call.
Pros
Their benefits were excellent, even for a part-timer.
Cons
There really weren't any cons, I truly enjoyed working there.
was good place to work
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  north quincyJanuary 8, 2016
A fast pace fun place o work at. love my co-workers. management was great. and hours was plenty. and was close to the M.B.T.A station
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
part-time
productive and enjoyable work environment
meat and seafood clerk (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at stop and shop for several reasons. First off, the overall work atmosphere was welcoming and enjoyable. All employees where willing to work with one another to assure the job was being done on time and in a correct manor. If I had too, I would gladly join the stop and shop team again.
Pros
friendly co-workers, enjoyable environment
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYJanuary 5, 2016
Great working environment. working as a cashier its very fast past and you need to be customer friendly to create a good environment for the customers
Productive Fun Place To Work
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at Stop and Shop includes retrieving all of the carts and returning them back to there designated locations. Once every hour a sweep of the store was required. At the end of the shift the garbage cans must be changed
why should you work there?
Frontend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJanuary 5, 2016
its very fast pace, always that one angry crazy costumer, make great new friends, closing the store, making sure each costumer is satisfied
Productive and caring work place.
Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  70-20 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Arverne, NY , 11692January 5, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me either organizing merchandise on the shelf, stocking merchandise on the shelf, pulling items off the truck and separating them in different totes or doing counts of the items on the shelf. I learned a lot of things but I mainly learned how to pace myself and work efficiently and that it is possible to always get the job done on time. My co-workers and the management were great, a job like this was demanding but so worth it. The hardest part of the job had to be separating the totes, due to the fact that they weighed so much and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and their satisfaction that followed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Barely any breaks
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 3, 2016
stop and shop had its days. me personally i didn't like working here because i would feel over worked. i was only a junior in high school and i would work until close every single day after school and open on weekends. my managers would over schedule me for my age at the time. i never had time for any school work.
Friendly workplace
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, RIDecember 30, 2015
Managers are very friendly and approachable. A typical day consisted of assisting customers and preparing bakery items.

Want to know more about Stop and Shop Supermarket?

Ask a question
Not the place for everyone
Cashier/ Grocery & Dairy Departments (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 23, 2015
This company is awful to work for. First off, their whole training program is messed up, they don't even have a consistent training process for most positions. This results in employees not having clear work expectations and poor communication between employees and supervisors.
It was part time
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYDecember 23, 2015
ENjoyed my time here, worked at night time. left after a few months for a better paying full time position elsewhere. people there were nice.
great learning
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 19, 2015
a place that will get pretty busy but the co workers all work together to get the job done. the store is a great place that has a lot of opportunities for you if you apply your self
Grocery Clerlk
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, MADecember 19, 2015
Ok for part time extra money. Job can be hard at times. Management differs in every store. Co workers can be OK but lazy. Having to be in Union can be good and bad. Dues are expensive and pay is low.
Pros
Steady work. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Union, low pay and not very many benefits
I was a meat clerk that put out differant types of meat in the cases.I also wrap the meats too.
Meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 17, 2015
The job was good. I was exposed to every type of meats. There were meats or parts of meats that I never seen or heard of before. The employees I had found not just in my department ,but in the whole store were great people. The only draw back is it was very cold in the cutting area and storage area.
team work
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2015
its great i am team player in my work good management everybody is friendly with each other great hard working in job with full attention
Pros
dental medical insurance 3 weeks paid vacation one week seek leaves and one week personal holiday
Cons
15 minutes break and two 15 minutes break if 7 hours shift
A cool place to shop.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work is coming to Stop and Shop. Signing on to a register I've been told to do my shift on. Greeting customers, ringing up their groceries and also bagging as well. Receiving cash payments and leaving them satisfied.
Pros
Food.
Cons
Short breaks.
Good Company To Work For
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  North Adams, MADecember 12, 2015
I am still getting to know the job more but from i have seen everyone is really nice and the job is really easy.Management is super nice and understanding my Co- workers are a great time i think the hardest part of the job is just working 3rd shift cause i am still getting used to those hours
Pros
paid lunchs, a paid differential
Cons
it gets cold after store closes
productive and great starting customer service jon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYDecember 11, 2015
typical day was dealing with customers and having great customer service. I learned to deal with many different people. my co-works loved working together as a team.
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 11, 2015
Basic cashier job. Nothing of note, just that it is a very busy place to work. Have to deal with different forms of payment such as food stamps and WIC checks. Must address customer concerns on daily basis.