Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,030 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket United States Employee Reviews

Working at a resturant
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: good food
Answered phones took orders for Catering. Attended tables as needed. Designing menus and advertisements It was a nice place to work all different ages were working there. Got busy during the holidays
productive and team oriented place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Peekskill,NYMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work has to do with being a customer service rep. for the company. A smile and friendly greeting is a must. CLeanliness is a must especially when dealing with food. LOved my cooworkers and im sure they can say the same.
It's not the same
Assistant Store Manager/ Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Greater bostonMarch 31, 2015
Cons: no work life balance
It use to be a great company to work for but over the past few years, the moral has significantly taken a turn for the worst.
Okay place to be
Cashier, Customer Service Desk, (Former Employee), Somerset, MaMarch 30, 2015
Not employee friendly. My coworkers were great, but upper management were mainly focused on their own ambitions at the cost of those trying to make a living. Schedules and hours were kept at policy required minimums, and little concern was given to the needs of lower level employees. Promotions require transfer and sometimes at a distance that is no cost effective for the employee. Wages are low and only creep up based on time not performance.
A typical day
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Forestville, CTMarch 30, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
My day normally starts off pretty slow, with the occasional few customers before the dinner rush comes in. I learned customer service skills from this job and to become less shy. I have no comment on my management. I have no comment on my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is making sure every customer that comes through my line is as happy and willing to come back. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my favorite customers and learning something new everyday.
Great leadership skills within employees and supervisors
Cashier (Former Employee), Brookline, MaMarch 28, 2015
Working at Stop and Shop was an enjoyable experience. There would be clear guidelines everyday a review of tasks to complete. the supervisors were always there to assist the employees in a timely manner. The time there would usually go by rather quickly. My co-workers were inviting and willing to help each other when needed. The hardest part was making sure everything was completed in a reasonable time but done diligently. The most enjoyable part was engaging and interacting with the customers. Overall, working at Stop and Shop was a memorable experience. The work is not too strenuous. You are just on your feet for a few hours. I would rec commend this job to a college student looking for an easy going part time job, or a high school student looking for a summer job.
The availblity you put down when you are applying is their holy grail
DELI CLERK (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: You get a discount card
Cons: management
Typical day at work can be described as walking straight to the break room waiting to clock in. I learned different types of meats and cheese, followed by how to properly slice them. my co workers were the best and i'd honestly go back. However be warned, your availability you put on your application is what they will go by forever, they aren't flexible and are only in it for the money.
job partys
Sea Food Clerk (Former Employee), Inwood, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: Short breaks
serving and handling seafood. i learned about all the different types of fishes something i didnt know before. co-workers were very nice also standoff
it was okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYMarch 27, 2015
they often asked employees to cover other shifts which was not a problem but when you were working over 8 hours and they refused you a lunch break
Good for first time workers.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), cranston riMarch 26, 2015
Been here for 10 years and not offered any full time positions. Great for a 15 year old that needs a job great for learning the customer service skills and being a cashier handling money and good for getting to know people and learn about different departments. Not to good at offering full time and medical.
Nice people
Cashier (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTMarch 25, 2015
Great place to work! Nice people to work for and fellow employees to work with. Pleasant environment. Management cares about you as an employee!
Enjoyable work experience with flexible work schedule.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Cumberland, RIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work environment.
Cons: Having to stay late because another employee did not show up.
Start day by opening my register lane. Clean my register before first customer, interacting with customers is a huge part of my day. Management always knows the schedule for the day and they are always in a positive mood and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when customers do not have enough money to pay for their items and you need to remove them from the list, it can be hard and you do feel bad for them, but that is part of the job. The best part of the job is definitely getting to interact with people and meeting new customers on a daily basis.
productive
FLORIST (Former Employee), Pembroke, MAMarch 25, 2015
Arranging flowers, keeping department clean, plants healthy and greeting and helping customers. I enjoyed what I did, arranging the flowers and helping the customers with what they wanted.
Good part time job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Gardner, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: full time possibilities
Awesome part time job, reasonable but good management, as well as awesome co workers. Although it was a union and very hard to become a full timer
Productive and busy
Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Learning and gaining experience
Cons: Short breaks and attitudes
Very busy on typical day and I learn to speak up, and the management is good but have tone down their attitude and sometime voice. Got along great with the coworkers. Hard part about the job as maintaining your composer dealing with customers behavior. The most enjoyable part the job was clocking out.
It's an honest place with good intentions for their associates
Front end supervisor/Service Desk Personnel (Current Employee), Westborough, MAMarch 23, 2015
They do not make empty promises. I was hired by Stop in Shop in May of 2012, after having left Price Chopper. Stop and Shop, upon hiring, told me that they would eventually train me for the service desk and supervisor position, which they held to, in less than a year. They do a good job of recognizing hard work of their associates and always try to advance the qualified into higher positions.
ok for highschoolers
Retail Cashier / Clerk (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 23, 2015
this jobs was more suitable for high school kids looking for money to play with. I knew how to work a cash register because I had experience in that, but they taught me how to work a gas station. The management team wasn't a very good team. Coworkers were cool, respective, and hardworking. Having co workers that motivate you was the good thing about this job.
Productive, Friendly Service, Clean Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), St.Croix U.S.V.IMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, moderate breaks, overtime, and extra hours
Cons: no healthcare
The days that i am schedule to work is wonderful. Beautiful customers, surrounded my great spirited people daily. Every single person withing that environment is treated like family. I adore my co-workers to pieces. They are very supportive and cheers you on to keep up the good work. Working in that type of Management has taught me, that no matter what goes on the day before, always think of tomorrow as an even better day. Stop & Shop is run so smoothly. Their is a 0 tolerance policy prohibited in that management of business. You must be focus at all times, respectful, honest, responsible and caring to both workers and customers. I wouldn't say that, their was anything hard about my job. Once you get use to your job position, everything goes smoothly for both the employee and employer. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was working with my customer gracefully, respectfully, productively and cooperating with their wants and needs. I love my customers dearly. I treat all of my customers equally.
Supermarket clerks are great, fun and warm people to work with.
Meat and seafood customer service clerk (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: some of the managers were very good people, and my co-workers were great
Cons: only $8.00 per hour
Stop n Shop do not appreciate the hard work their employees do. The working conditions in some stores would barely pass OSHA standards. Stop n Shop only care about profit, be careful to check your meat, seafood and deli products carefully before purchasing. As a former employee of both stores I would recommend you go to Star Market for deli, seafood and meats.
Enojyable workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
The employees were nice, and the room for improvement was great.Multitasking was a must, dealing with customers was a big part of the job detail.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$9.00 per hour

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends