Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,707 reviews matching the search
ive always wanted to work in a supermarket.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2016
just as working at century 21 it is very fast paced and you get to see all different types of food. it is nice to hear peoples plans about their food preparation
Fun place to work
Cashier/ Baker/ Key Holder/ Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2016
stop and shop is a fun enviroment but the pay and the hours are not the best. management is really fun to work with and they are willing to accomodate schedule with school
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
compensation
cdh
cdh. cash department head (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTJune 20, 2016
helping the customers can sometimes be a challenge but I loved it...management on the other hand seemed to of lacked a lot of communication..my co-workers are the best..we are like a family and we all respect eachother and help eachother..
nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 20, 2016
Stop n Shop is a very nice place to work . The managers are very nice and they're very understanding . The customers are also nice very nice and they will put a smile on your face. The co-workers are the best even if your new they make you feel like you've been working there since forever .
Pros
work with work schedule
Continuously moving
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYJune 19, 2016
Break down truck for overnight crew every day, Pack out certain aisles, change sales over every week, & face product to show customers we have what they need.
How to organize and build thing based on size and keep it sturdy.
Management was very helpful when it came to late trucks and getting everything done on time.
The hardest part was always with late trucks and not enough people.
Some of the people there were always fun to be around, and could joke around while still getting everything done
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Late trucks and not enough people
it's an okay place to work at..
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Swampscott, MAJune 18, 2016
well it's an okay place to for. you have to deal with costumer all day and the best thing to do is to have a great attitude when you come to work .
Great place, friendly customers, and friendly staff.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work could range based on what was needed for the day. For the most part, it was greeting customers and helping them with their orders. I've learned a lot on how to deal with customers and people all around. Our management teams are excellent and provide a lot of help to other workers. Though most co-workers are friendly, there are always a few that are not so much. The hardest part of the job is being able to keep up with customers. Though the management in some stores can also conflict with you as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I worked with. I've never met a more friendly staff anywhere else.
Pros
Great benifits, Friendly staff, Friendly managment
Cons
Under staffed at times, Lack of hours in most places.
productive and a fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 16, 2016
its always busy, a lot of customers come there
how to handle a bad situation, proper customer service skills
management is great they treat us all fair and well
coworkers all help out each other when it comes to daily tasks
the hardest part of my job is having a rude customer and sometimes emotions get in the way where u feel bad and have to still be there to listen to them argue
the most enjoyable moment is where we all come together as a store to do our best
Good first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Adams, MAJune 16, 2016
Good for students who need work study, and a great place to start for a first job. Easy place to learn work skills, and gain knowledge.
Means to an end
Barista (Current Employee) –  Somers, NYJune 15, 2016
Some people get a lot of hours. Some get none. It is a union job so don't have high expectations of your co-workers. Half work there for drinking money
Pros
Cons
What breaks? They want people to work harder for less pay each year.
productive and comfortable work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2016
I have enjoyed work at stop and shop. The team is very understanding of schedules and availability. They are also always willing to work with you. Customers are great and very friendly. Overall it is a very fun ad comfortable place to live.
Great Co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 15, 2016
I work with a great bunch of people. There are regular customers that come into the store and able to get to know them. There are good benefits for working part time that you can't find anywhere else.
Pros
customers
Cons
short beaks
Flexable work place, not equal
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJJune 13, 2016
Not bad. The management is not that great, and the hardest part of this job is the management and dealing with difficult customers, but it' not that bad.
Steady Job
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Newport, RI 02840June 13, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me bagging or pushing carts back into the store. The store was air conditioned and employees were given one or two fifteen minute breaks depending on their shift.
Annoying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 13, 2016
work day was long and it was always unorganized. They did not understand that people had a life outside of work because they always wanted you to work. It was also unfair at times
Productive Place to Learn New Things.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYJune 11, 2016
Met a lot of great people and learned a few different skills that could be used for my future that lies ahead of me. I did cash register and stocked shelves, but mostly cash register!
Pros
Huge discount!
Cons
For people working 10-11 hour shifts, only got a 30 minute break, should be longer!
A job that is reminiscent to Dante's Inferno, but has very valuable learning experience.
Self-Scan Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJune 11, 2016
Its a grocery store.
Do not forget that.
Relative to the environment, S&S is actually a pretty nice place to work at. however, by no means is this a career. It's a simple High-schooler job, and you better believe your pay will reflect that.
A simple day consisted of standing in one spot for hours on end and your only salvation consisted of that one 15 minute break floating in the wind. However, it definitely builds your customer service skills and subjects you to the soul-crushing reality of management and rank. Getting promoted is actually pretty easy so long as you don't have the emotional spectrum of a banana (preferable, not required), your IQ is in the triple digits and your availability is open (I would get into gender-based-bias but I believe that was only relative to my store).
HOWEVER, I was on the front-end and I hear much much nicer things about the other departments.
Altogether I valued my time Stop & Shop and recommend it to anyone trying to get their feet wet in the means of customer service.
I should also mention that this is indeed a Union job, so you will pay union fees and pay/raises are fixed.
Pros
It's definitely a job and your pay is guaranteed
Cons
Everything else not mentioned above.
Great and Steady hours and benefits
Overnight Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 9, 2016
My typical day at work is breaking down pallets of goods and placing them on the shelves overnight. We put up anything between 200 to 300 pieces a night and them we have to make it presentable for the customers in the morning. That process is called putting a "Block" on the shelves so everything looks uniform, nice, and organized. I've learned that having a system and working with others in a proficient manner makes the job a whole lot easier and less stressful. Management are fine. As long as you do what is required of you, they will not give you any problems. The hardest part of the job isn't really anything different than most jobs meaning, here and there some unexpected things may happen but that doesn't happen often. I enjoy mostly the fact that as a full timer the hours are guaranteed and over time isn't an issue.
Pros
Steady Hours and Over time.
Cons
On some nights not enough people are schedualed.
Stop and Shop Supermarket
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayville, CTJune 9, 2016
All in all, an Okay first job. Crazy schedules, and understaffed departments however. The front end is their main priority. Some days are better than others.
average
Deli Clerk/ Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Islip, NYJune 8, 2016
Very typical supermarket job, Management was just about par. Not ifficult, the atmosphere for a teenager was goo, working with others around your age and most are going to be friendly

Stop and Shop Supermarket Reviews by Location