Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

great place to work
Present Job is deli assistant (Current Employee), Hudson MAJuly 15, 2015
I work with the best co workers in the world the best part of the job is working with the people and my co workers my typical day is serving customers and help run the department smoothly
friendly
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Forestville, CTJuly 14, 2015
Pros: jobs security
Cons: hours are cut and poor communication
slicing meat and cheese waiting on customers, cooking hot foods .training new hires as needed. morning a preparation.
good place to work
Bagger/Carriage Collector (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 14, 2015
management was friendly supportive and knows how to be helpful to me . The toughest part of the job is dealing with tough customers . fun part talking and helping the customers
was just a place to work to get by
Cashier/Assistant Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on certain occasion
Cons: none really they was faeelynormal
ringing of customer product and while maintaining your customer service skills management was ok why because they really care less about there employees more so the hardest part of my job is going in to work and someone did not took care of a customer with a problem sooner co-workers was fine we try to make the day goes by to the best of our abilities the most enjoyable part of job is to make my customers happy
fun environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Nantucket, MAJuly 13, 2015
the job is fun and interactive. the associates are a breeze to work with and the customers are very flavorful. a typical day at work involves serving customers a variety of meats and cheeses. the management is kind and welcoming. the most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to interact with different cultural/ethnic groups.
decent
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), Medford, MAJuly 12, 2015
working here was convenient for myself, the store was really old you could tell that stop and shop had not invested that much money into this store. The management was also really bad, the manager never stuck to his schedule and would always call me last minute to go and cover someone else's shift. which i did but was getting tired of these last minute calls to go work.
Productive experience, I enoyed it
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 12, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed working there, I had great time. The manager was excellent. I learnt a lot from this work experience. It helped me with my language skills.
Customer service
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJuly 10, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No health insurance
I completed all my tasks and duties everyday, made sure customers was happy and satisfied. Management was not great at all, co - workers left most of work for me and others, hardest part no health insurance and having to work with people who didn't want to do their jobs. I enjoyed my paycheck and knowing I was helping to take care of my family and bills.
Interesting work environment with a diverse work staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 8, 2015
Working at Stop and Shop has allowed me to work with a diverse group of people and many different customers with various wants and needs. Some people are cross-trained in various departments to ensure customer service is given at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and getting to know our customers and learning different things about the community and different food ideas I may not have thought of before. The most challenging part of the job is not being able to meet the needs of the customer; it is a disappointment for us as well, yet we always try to provide an alternative.
great place to meet different people
Cashier (Former Employee), Cranston, RIJuly 7, 2015
working as a cashier in fast pace i met so many different people and heard so many stories but always in fast pace cashier.
Summary
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee), Sandwich, MAJuly 6, 2015
Thanks to Stop & Shop, I have learned a ton of useful information that will help me in my future. I have learned how to treat customers and satisfy them with great customer service. I try to be the best person I can be, and its great to be complimented by customers saying how well they think I'm doing. I want to continue in the business flied in my future and thanks to Stop & Shop I know a lot of useful information that can get me started on my career.
Insufficient means of life sustainment
Cashier (Current Employee), ctJuly 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part is seeing the entire community. Everybody buys food. The hardest part is accepting shifts that are either the legal minimum (4 hours) or maximum allowed shift length without a second break. To get full time status you have to give up all concern for working in the place you applied to, among other things. Part time doesn't get health benefits, unless you work the minimum average hours per week. It used to be minimum 15 hours, now its double that and rising. But you wont be scheduled enough hours to qualify, by design.
Stop an Shop gives me the experience of running a deli while providing excellent customer service.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Manalapan, NJJuly 3, 2015
My typical day at Stop and Shop includes performing a large majority of the responsibilities of my deli manager. Just some of these responsibilities include ordering perishable and nonperishable items for the department, setting up all displays and cases, checking for out of date products, taking care of customers in a quick and efficient manner, overseeing approximately 6-8 employees per shift, and multi-tasking, which is arguably my most outstanding quality.
Good job to gain experience in the field
Closing Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: irresponsible co workers
You get to learn all the skills you will need to be a strong manager in a retail environment. Co-managers dislike you because you get paid hourly and have fewer responsibilities than them even though you are considered a manager. Dealing with the area I worked in, people getting into fights, stealing, and creating chaos that I would have to resolve. I enjoyed getting paid hourly and making overtime.
Great first job for entering the world of employment
Mainly cashier, bagger, Stocker, Etc. (Current Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Union meetings/conferences to properly address problems
Cons: Not getting the amount of hours, I'd like.
Great place for a first job, very secure. Very friendly employees for the most part, a few older folks are a bit grumpy, other than that a wonderful place to work!
Hated this place
Front End Associate/ Cashier- Duties (Former Employee), Reading, MAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: healthcare, and short breaks
I did not like the managers, employers, etc. This company was one of the worse companies to work for the management was awful never cared about what happened to the workers only the customers.
productive
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Freeport, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: discounts on meals
Cons: n/a
learn a lot especially dealing with rude customers. from being in a fast pace restaurant everything have to be on time and ready. Keeping the store clean and passing the heath code is really good.
Decent starting work place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: Snacks at mangers meetings
Cons: Short breaks
Good job if you do your job. Gets crazy at times.
Co workers are nice to you. Sometimes feel pressured by management. Workers are pretty helpful.
Great and outstanding work enviroment
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAJune 30, 2015
The years I worked at Stop and Shop I have witness nothing but good qualities in that work field. Every employee has more than enough opportunity to reach higher in their career.
management
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Waterford, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: breaks
The management here was rude and disrespectful. They were unprofessional and they weren't supportive. No one there helped assist me on my first day.