Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,068 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

bad work environment
Delicatessen Clerk (Current Employee), North Reading, MAApril 21, 2015
This job is a typical part time job. Low paying and long hours. The only upside to this job is that it provides benefits to its part time workers. Benefits include vacation hours and sick pay.
Nice place to work. I also enjoyed working with the people
Clerk (Former Employee), Branford, CTApril 20, 2015
Nice place to work however they only hire part time. The customers were nice people. My coworkers were easy to get along with and they worked as a team.
It's a job,but not a terrible one.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hadley, MAApril 20, 2015
I feel I can say with certainty that Stop and Shop is a decent enough option for someone who wants to simply work some hours and make a modest amount of money. The people there were friendly, the work was tedious but not unpleasant. A fine part-time job. My one word of caution- advancement is slow. If you're thinking you'll become a floor manager by the end of the summer and start making decent part time pay, forget it.
good work environment
Clerk (Current Employee), Eastchester, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: the employees and customers are kind and good to work with.
Cons: not enough hours.
I helped customers with their deli orders.
Made sure everything was kept in a neat and orderly fashion
Management works well with trying to accommodate not only the needs of the employees but the customers as well.
my most enjoyable part of being on the job is knowing the customers as leaving satisfied with the order and customer service they received.
Great Work Placw
customer service (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 17, 2015
Great work place. Management is very understanding. Co-Workers work great as a team.The days go by quick and Your in a Union when work for Stop & Shop.
good company to work for
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Dumont, NJApril 17, 2015
Pros: clean work place
Cons: no benefits for part time workers
doing customer service and cashiering...working and helping co workers...giving the best possible cust svc you can. Being able to meet neighbor hood people
Ok job
Floral clerk, Health and Beauty Care clerk (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 17, 2015
Pros: my department
Cons: manangers who dont know about your department and try running it
Love what department im in, dont like how we the coworkers get treated by management, dont see myself staying here long, this is an ok job for someone trying to buy a car in high school not a long term thing
Honest
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Sturbridge, MAApril 16, 2015
This job is good for high school students but other than that you cannot live off of working at Stop and Shop. They are pretty flexible with their hours but you get basically no benefits.
Kind Employees, Poor Work Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Sturbridge, MAApril 15, 2015
I spent my time at Stop and Shop in the Front End working their self-scan section. I didn't mind it too much, but the other employees provided little support if something went drastically wrong or if a customer was being particularly difficult.
a great please to start young employers
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: everyone works together
Cons: sometimes you dont get what you request
Good work place to experience new opportunities. Management works with their people. can be a fun place to work because of coworkers upbeat personalities.
Overall a pain, but my department has a good bunch of guys who work together.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Clinton, CTApril 10, 2015
Pros: Union, consistent paycheck timing, mostly set schedule if desired.
Cons: no overtime, limited hours, excessive restrictions
Certain members of the management staff do nearly nothing and pass on the blame when something goes wrong. Others however are good. Most of the jobs are tedious with multiple regulations, restrictions and rules that quite simply just make it difficult to get the job done. I prep produce for sale, load the counter with product and assist customers in finding the products they are looking for. My co-workers are fun and helpful and good at working together, as a group we attempt to make the job enjoyable. The hardest part is managing to time everything so the job can be completed in the short shifts provided while keeping up with loading things to expected standards.
productive place learn alot of beneficial things daily
Cashier (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: good place to build
Cons: nothing bad to say
This company is a good establishment and if you make the union it's pretty sweet nothing bad to say about this place sometimes i wish i would have stayed apart of this team
horrible
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYApril 8, 2015
just a bad place a bad place never owned a pizzeria and thought he knew everything. not open to old ideas or things to improve business
A great place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Malden, MAApril 7, 2015
Stop and Shop is a great place to work. The employees and management are friendly and hard working. Everyone works hard as a team to provide excellent customer service.
Loved the people I worked with
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: I loved my co-workers and enjoyed baking
Cons: short lunch
Had to be in work at 5 am and make my muffins and donuts by a certain time. Made sure my showcase look proper. Kept my area clean help others in the bakery when needed. served coffee to customers. I multitask it was a great experience to me . I enjoyed baking, The hardest was it was very early. Besides it is a great company to work for,
Great starting point.
Service clerk (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAApril 6, 2015
Excellent environment for both the development and strengthening of general communication skills and working with the public. Builds good work ethic.
Productive Work Environment
Cashier/File Clerk (Current Employee), Swampscott, MAApril 5, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: short breaks
As a cashier at stop and shop it involved me doing more than just that. With my time at stop and shop i've gotten to work stocking and blocking shelves, transporting merchandise around the store, even work in in multiple different departments such as Dairy, Self Scan, File Clerk, etc..
front desk/cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, CTApril 4, 2015
Pros: vacation times
Cons: breaks are short
great place to work. job advancements. flexible scheduling. i enjoy the atmosphere with all the different departments. i learned great customer service skills.
Working at a resturant
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: good food
Answered phones took orders for Catering. Attended tables as needed. Designing menus and advertisements It was a nice place to work all different ages were working there. Got busy during the holidays
productive and team oriented place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Peekskill,NYMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work has to do with being a customer service rep. for the company. A smile and friendly greeting is a must. CLeanliness is a must especially when dealing with food. LOved my cooworkers and im sure they can say the same.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$9.25 per hour

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends