Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,020 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket United States Employee Reviews

Decent
Cashier/Gasoline Clerk (Current Employee), New City, NYMarch 4, 2015
It's not bad; I've had a decent experience working for Stop & Shop so far. I really like a lot of my co-workers they make work more enjoyable.
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee), Chelsea, MAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pay day
Cons: short breaks, having to pay to eat, being degraded, humilated. treated like a child.
The managers were rude, very inconsiderate of their employee's and the needs they had.

I made work fun for myself and my customers...That was my goal
I learned how to operate a cash register, how to stock, restock and tend to inventory, Computers, refunds, etc.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with managers who had no heart, who were rude and degrading...learned how to keep my mouth shut.

Seeing my customers who always appriciated me and seeing those co-workers who i adored and who adored me...
your typical supermarket
Service Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAMarch 2, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not being recognized for going above and beyond
I typically work in the service desk or as a cashier/bagger. While the job is easy and simple, I do not feel that management adequately recognize worker for positive things they do but rather only acknowledge negative things, even though they claim to be doing more of it. I like my co-workers but feel its very high school like, with drama, and immature behavior. my favorite part of the job however are the friends ive made over the years, which I am thankful for.
Stop and Shop was a good place to work and it taught me a lot about how to do jobs.
Front End Associate (Former Employee), New Milford, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: we had two brakes as well as a lunch break.
Cons: the breaks were short...
A typical day of work a Stop and Shop would include going out into the lot to collect carts to bring back inside, helping customers load heavy groceries into their vehicles as well as helping them in the bottle room, my co workers were very friendly and would help me when I was just starting but eventually I got the hang of it.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), 2975 Richmond Ave, Staten Island, New YorkFebruary 25, 2015
Cashier
How to use cash register, managing customers, how to use Self-Scan
Management was very fair
Got along with every co-workers
Dealing with unruly customers.
The people i work with.
fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, MAFebruary 23, 2015
I would typically get into work after my first job around 4-5, and start loading tables and making sure that product is being rotated. Some nights involved changing end caps and printing new signs for the next sales week. At the end of the night I would clean up and make sure the department in ready for the next day.
Great Co-workers, not enough hours per week
GM Associate (Current Employee), South Attleboro, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, taken whenever
Cons: not enough hours
The job itself if pretty simple. I enjoy interacting with the customers and my co-workers; they make working fun. However, working with 15 hours a week isn't ideal.
Working with Customers and Associates
Associate (Current Employee), Putnam, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Stock shelves, interact with customers and associates to assist customers and help managers with other projects within the store.

Enjoy helping the customers. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
its productive and a safe place
Seafood & Meat clerk (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: unioun
Cons: short breaks
i clean work with employes and customers i break down pallets of food for the departments i learned how to use the machines and how to put diffrent items out for sale. im very easy to get along with i like to bring postive energy to the work place and treat my employees with politeness. most enjoybable part of the job is a job well done on my own behalf.
Good job for the temporary future.
Cashier (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: convenience, willingness to work around schedule
Cons: low pay, sub-par benefits.
This job is well suited for those who attend school full-time or engage in a vocational program. The union benefits were very useful and in the best interest of the employee when I began working there, but over time they began to decrease noticeably.
Great place to work very easy going with a lot of friendly people
produce clerk (Current Employee), Raynham MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people good work environment
Cons: short breaks a lot of things that need to be done in such a short time
A typical day at work would be me going out on the produce floor and making a list of the items that need to be restocked after that i would go in the back room and depending on what needs to be done i might cut fruit for the fruit bar or clean the back room. my co workers are the best ones ive ever had at a job a lot of friendly people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping customers find what they need and the hardest part would be trying not to clean everything.
great place to work
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee), New Haven, CTFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, less hours
i had to ring customers groceries up as well as bag them, conversate with the customer. Although the customer may have miss read something customers are always right. My co workers were helpful and the most enjoyable part about the job is helping people get the discounts they deserved.
Everyday life in the deli.
Deli Server (Current Employee), Naugatuck, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great associates.
Cons: very poor management
Day starts off with me taking the chickens out making sure the hole prepared foods department is taken care of, help the deli as often as possible, as well as the customers who are in need to help only i can provide. Clean off my hole department making sure everything is ready and set to go the next day and take my leave.
Very Busy place to work
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milford, MAFebruary 16, 2015
On a typical day at work i would supervise other cashiers, cash out customers, balance my drawer at the end of the day, and resolve customer complaints.
Productive and fun workplace, Very professional dependable staff members.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 15, 2015
Working with customers daily. doing accounts in the cash office. greeting and helping customers on the floor. Very friendly staff members.
its been good as a first job
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 15, 2015
management could be better
the hardest part of the job is to get at night
Not happy working there
Cashier (Current Employee), East Longmeadow, MAFebruary 14, 2015
I am not happy working there because of the hours they give me and the payment is bad. On the positive side, they are good people and are good to me. The customers there are good except for some but that is expected. You cannot make every person happy.
Working in a grocery store was a new and fun learning experience for me.
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Definitely a great job for kids coming out of high school and people who are retired looking to make a couple dollars. It's not a job too make a career out of that's for sure.
Terrible place to work.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAFebruary 13, 2015
Management is terrible, working conditions are dirty and the floor is constantly understaffed. The only redemption is the wonderful co-workers I had.
Fair supermarket
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Butler, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: schedule weekly, co workers are fun
Cons: relocation for training
Stop & shop pays above most supermarkets. The promotions to full time do occur. The relocation in promotion is sometimes the con of the situation. Some stores are further than others. The health benefits for ft are decent, part time not as much.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos