Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

eh
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), 06770January 8, 2015
It sucked.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sales/ Stock/ Cashier (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJanuary 7, 2015
Being around customers all the time was a great experience and being able to cook here and there was relaxing and enjoyable
Market Leader
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Whitman, MAJanuary 5, 2015
Fast paced, Market leader, Strong management team, motivated peers
A Basic Job
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee), Washingtonville, NYJanuary 5, 2015
I was able to move quickly trough the ranks and worked in several department during employment. I felt under compensated for the services I provided and had limited flexibility as I moved up within the company. There was often staff shortages and high turnover for front-line and upper management positions.
very understanding management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: carriages and season change.
Management was awesome i was going to school they were giving me hours around my schedule of school i needed a transfer to fall river they gave it to me i don't have anything negative to say about the company.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 3, 2015
a typical day will be very busy specially during sales. i learned alot of things and one of them was to have a lot of patince with hard customers. management was very helpful was always there when i needed them. co workers were very friendly and also helpful and fun. the hardest part of the job was when it was very busy and customers gave a hard time but always solve the problem. most enjoyable part of they day is helping somebody that needed help with something.
Good Job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, MAJanuary 2, 2015
This is a job that does have room for advancement if you put i the time and excel. This company is growing and has certainly put its stamp on the northeast as far as supermarkets go.
Great company
Peapod Shopper (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I liked working for them they were really nice I would still be working there but they moved I really learned a lot
stocking shelves
Over Night Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Hyde Park, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: over night
Cons: good exercise and knowledge for sales
pulling and breaking down pallets to put inventory on shelve for customer sales
Not a long time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Oyster Bay, NYDecember 29, 2014
A typical day was smiling and making sure everyone found what they needed. I learned that I am great at remembering numbers. Management was very respectful. I got along with my coworkers in a mature manor. The hardest part of stop and shop was that some times customers would became hostile when the line didn't go fast enough ( disliked doing checks). The most satisfying part of working at stop and shop was seeing regulars.
Productive and fun enviornment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterford, CTDecember 29, 2014
Pros: family orientened
Fun enivornment. Everyone is family. Family environment. Enthusiastic supervisor who help whenever they can and they push you to do your best.
I enjoyed working at Stop and Shop
Cashier (Former Employee), Litchfield, CTDecember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount, friendly co-workers.
Cons: not many.
When you arrive you put belongings in an assigned locker, and then begin your shift by punching in. Shifts are organized. Breaks are given in a timely manner. co workers are friendly. Management is understanding. The hardest part is dealing with angry customers who can't understand that you are not the one who makes the policies but it is your job to enforce them. The most enjoyable part is customers that are friendly while getting to work with people who become like family.
graet place to work
Store Detective (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYDecember 27, 2014
I learned a lot as a store detective, I enjoyed working undercover and stopping shop lifters. I enjoyed working with my coworkers our team was great .
The pay wasn't enough to support myself and my family.
Love the customers
Bagger/Carter (Former Employee), Hamden, CTDecember 26, 2014
Pros: seeing smiles
Cons: weather out side
from clock in to clock out i just love interacting with the customers helping them when they need it making people happy
Stop And Shop
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: great benifits as well as a small discount.
Cons: long wait for advancement
A normal day would consist of checking all codes on cute fruit and vegetable products. Applying one dollar off stickers to close date items as well as pulling the days dated items. After that is complete an inventory of what is needed should be taken and a plan for the day will be established at this time as well. Throughout the shift I am responsible for keeping all freshly cut fruits and vegetables full and ensure there is enough product for the rest of the day as well a small stock for the morning.
Not a terrible enviorment to work in, but...
Supervisor, Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTDecember 23, 2014
Pros: cool co-workers
Cons: not many oppourtunities to move up, slow raise pays, serious pressure from managment
I actually really enjoyed my store. It helped me learn how to deal with large sums of money, handle the public (everyone needs groceries), and learn customer service skills. The only problem was with management; they were generally really indifferent about their employees well-being, such as insisting on you showing up to work even if you were very sick. I honestly think that was just my particular store, I talked to other people from other surrounding Stop and Shops and they said they NEVER had that problem. The workers were really cool too, it made for an over-all good environment.
productive fun work place
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTDecember 22, 2014
people make the work fun, very easy job never had any issues working there always had a smile on just something about working that puts a smile on my face
learning & how to work with others
fish department (Former Employee), West Haven, CTDecember 21, 2014
Pros: meeting all kinds of people & learning
Cons: all the different attitudes in the work enviroment
come in set up seafood case. iv learned a lot bout leadership that has helped me over the years wih other employment. iv put down stop & shop even though I worked there years ago but it has helped me over the years with other companys. I worked very well with others I think that came natruely. learning about all the different seafoods also learning about all the different seafoods.
You will be Overworked and Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYDecember 20, 2014
Pros: helps with school hours
Cons: no advancement or promotions
A typical day at this job is: More Work and Less Pay. There is no advancement. No matter if you did returned to college and receive higher education, you will NOT be promoted or receive better salary.

The full timers get the hours, benefits etc. Part time employers get no benefits or be recognized for their hard work.

When the CEO's of the company visits (your) store, they ignore the part time employers.

At this job I am totally IGNORED, and so is my accomplishment: Higher Education!!!

Would not recommend this place of employment to any friend or enemy.
A good supermarket indeed but not enough hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brockton, MADecember 19, 2014
Pros: nice location, nice coworkers
Cons: short breaks, less hours, negative customers
I really liked Stop and Shop and they had a positive and nice environment full of brilliant people. I liked it at first but I wasn't really getting enough hours throughout my time at the Company. Also, I didn't like how some of the customers were rude but all I do is talk to them in a calm peaceful matter even if they are wrong about something. Overall, I was asked to do a lot such as cashiering, bagging, putting returns away, and getting carts outside. I felt like I needed a different job environment that suits me better while working.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos