Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 2,367 reviews matching the search
Awful Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJuly 7, 2017
Truly never have I had a more horrible experience. The level of unprofessional workers there are in all stores that I have worked in is too high. The only stars in the store are the other cashiers and the store managers, they are the only people who know what goes on. The supervisors are either just plain stupid or they genuinely have no idea how to do their jobs.
Cons
15 minute break time for 6 hour shifts
Cashier/Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJuly 7, 2017
This was my first job out of high school, and i loved every minute of it until i started doing work and not getting the credit for it. This where i learned what "doggy dog world" meant. I was doing three different jobs in three different pay scale areas and was not getting the acknowledgment i felt was deserved. It helped me grow to obtain the jobs i have today, i would not change my decision for the three years i worked there.
Busy Days
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJuly 7, 2017
Busy Days, helping customers; doing what needs to be done. Tasks varied every single day. Stressful at times, slow at times. Overall, not a good place to work for some folks.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Stressful periods of time
Great Benefits
General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJuly 6, 2017
It's unionized so the benefits are incredible. Coworkers become friends and it creates a great work environment (for retail anyway). Several opportunities for advancement, however, management isn't union so you have to decide to leave the union.
Not for full time seeker
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 6, 2017
Grocery stores usually are not recognized to begin a career, Stop & Shop is exactly that a passing by job. It's ok as a part time but not ideal for a career or for a full time job.
Great place and experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 5, 2017
I learned a lot and discovered new skills . This was a great place to learn how to interact with customers and make sure they had a pleasant experience
Pros
Got to interact with people
Cons
Short breaks
Quick paced work place
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 5, 2017
Decent place to work, gave good hours most of the time. I leaned how to make all sorts of bakery goods and learned how to decorate cupcakes and cakes. Would recommend to anyone looking for a bakery job.
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJJuly 5, 2017
I just loved working at stop and shop. I had an accident which made me unable to get there. And they loved me so much at the store they didn't want me to relocate to something closer.Thry said they'll just keep my job open for when I got transpertation.
Pros
Working with genuinely good people
Cons
Short breaks
It is a decent place to work
porter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 3, 2017
Working at Stop and Shop was a pleasure , a great opportunity and I would like to go back there. I enjoyed working with my co workers and being of service to our Customers.
fun enviroment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 2, 2017
A typical day at stop and shop is usually very fun yet busy. As each customer comes to the service desk I greet them and ask what they need help with. I make sure each customer gets what they need and what they came for. The manager has me plug in their store deliveries into the system and all the payments they dealt with each day. The service desk is usually always busy but I always managed to get through it.
Pros
Busy, fun workers, great manager
Cons
loud

Want to know more about Stop and Shop Supermarket?

Ask a question
ok
Cashier / Florist / Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJuly 2, 2017
Stop and shop is an OK company to work for. One of the only companies that will hire before 18 but they lack training for positions. Also it is hard to move within the company.
it is ok working here
Cashier and Produce (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2017
dont get a lot of hours and they work u hard with less pay and you cant call out without getting suspended and you have to do as they say even if u dont want to
Family friendly
Great hours
Amazing boss
Good security
Benefits
Cons
Stress, short temper
An Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Grafton, MAJune 30, 2017
I love to work and multitask, I have no problem with doing a job I do not like, but constantly jumping back and forth from different departments never allowed me to fully master the jobs.
busy, lots of contact with customers
Massachusetts registered pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  E Harwich, MAJune 30, 2017
Very busy pharmacy. Daily average of filled prescriptions is 300-400. Two pharmacists and one national certified technician. Not much opportunity to work with pharmacist because of the high volume of customers.
Pros
steady pace, busy front counter
Cons
not much opportunity to work behind the counter with pharmacist
Do I have to do this for every job?
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJune 30, 2017
Do I have to do this for every job? This is just annying stupid annoying stuff? It won't even let me repeat anythingI just want to finish posting my resume.
Fun, but a fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast pace and always on your toes. However, interacting with the customers making the job very fun and you learn something from them very day.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 29, 2017
great teamwork a plus,working and assisting customers was great and enjoyable. very clean enviorment, hoildays were fun and customers pleased with service and taste of food.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Didn't enjoy working here that much
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 29, 2017
Wasn't very happy while working at Stop & Shop, didn't like the work I was doing. My coworkers were really nice but the management was really strict, to the unnecessary point.
a very out going customer service rep
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJune 29, 2017
I am very interested in working for your company. I have a lot of experience in computers and on the cashier. I am willing to grow and learn more opportunities
Pros
caregiver
Cons
sometimes to honest