Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Ahold
Support Center Analyst (Former Employee), Support Center AnalystDecember 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: layoff due to work went to pa
Working for Ahold for 10 years was a pleasure and i enjoyed my job everyday,
Full of Work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTDecember 8, 2014
As a meat department clerk my work day starts as early as 4 P.M. and ends at 9 P.M. and at times sucks but ends up nice sometimes. My co-workers are for the most part cool but the ones I associate myself with the most are the best to me in the store. the hardest part of the day for me happens when I first arrive, usually the cutters and clerks before me leave the place an absolute mess for me every single day I come into work.
Productive & Busy Astomsphere
Cashier (Former Employee), New Haven, CTDecember 8, 2014
Assist the customers with cashing out their orders, answering any of their questions, stocking shelves and helping out in the other store departments. The co-workers were very helpful, understanding and sweet people. Everyone in the store was like a big family. Nothing was hard to me and I enjoy helping every soul that entered that store.
part time work after becoming a new mom
Cashier /Front-end Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: getting back to the work force after giving birth
Cons: being accused of stealing like a thief
a typical day at work was busy. I worked later in the day & people would get groceries on their way home from work. Management for the most part was good to us, but there were times they treated us like criminals. I became dear friends with a few of my co workers & often celebrated bdays & now even a hand ful of deaths with one another
Pros or Cons?
Cashier (Former Employee), Norwood, MADecember 3, 2014
Believe it or not, I loved working at Dunkin Donuts. Even at my age of 21 I tell people I will go back in a heart beat if the pay was right/decent, they received TIPS and was a busy store. I worked at two locations in this small town and the first store was on a remote, busy mini highway, so to say. I was making a KILLING with my check alone but the tips helped as well. I asked for any hours and the manager was beyond courteous to give them to me. If I wanted to work more than 40 hours, well baby you bet I got more. The pro to this store was that the family split up, the not so Good Guy ended up owning the store and had a not-so people-friendly District Manager. So then months down the line, the District Manager was very unprofessional (I do not tolerate disrespect) and I left and went back to the Good Side. I stayed at this location for a while until leaving due to a promotion going bad. (Buy my book for that story, LOL - JK) But other than that, Dunkin Donuts is not a bad fast food restaurant to work for.
very depressing
Overnight stock clerk-stocked product on shelves (Former Employee), ELM STREET OLD SAYBROOK,CTDecember 3, 2014
Cons: leaving in morning
CHIEF ON NIGHT CREW WAS VERY PUSHY AND OBNIXOCUIS
SOME CO WORKERS WERE FRIENDLY. MANAGEMENT WAS OK..
TRYING TO LEARN WHERE EVERYTHING WENT ON THE SHELFS
NONE.tHEY PUT THE BULK OF THE WORK ON THE OVERNIGHT CREW WHICH HAD LESS PEOPLE.
Enjoyable and motivational work environment
Customer Service Associate-Grocery (Current Employee), Township of Brick, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, yearly raises, pto
Work shifts go by quickly, usually plenty of things to get done in a day, management is friendly yet assertive, co-workers are pleasant and have large diversity, i have learned many important aspects of the retail industry from merchandising to holiday and seasonal changes.
a very typical grocery store
Assistant Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTDecember 1, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: everything else
a terrible work environment with no advancement for hard working individuals
Great Company
Assistant to Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee), Mamaroneck, NYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: greatv learning environment
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working at stop and shop. This was my first job and i honestly can say i learnt alot. i started out as a regular cashier to a customer service associate to an assistant customer service department head within a year. this job can be challenging but a very fun environment
retail
Clerk/Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Bristol, CTNovember 24, 2014
Good place to work for, flexible scheduling, most management easy to work for/with, but the best part is the people you work with
Nice place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 24, 2014
Great hours and pay including benefits...I enjoy working with a crew that was always willing to help me when needed.
Not too fast oace, on busy days it picks up during the day
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 24, 2014
This store does not get as much business as the other one in town. Normal days consists of serving the usual customers that come in, do a load that comes in and pack out items. The hardest part of the job is doing the load and that is also the most enjoyable part of the job because it keeps you occupied for a good period of time.
Stop & Shop
Clerk (Former Employee), Emerson, NJNovember 24, 2014
The company has no idea how to properly treat its employees. Cashiers are required to be there for 6+ hours sometimes and are not allowed to stay hydrated because "water is not allowed at the register."
Good place to work at
Assistant Cash Department Head (Current Employee), West Haverstraw, NYNovember 22, 2014
A regular day at work is greeting customers, ringing them up and being friendly. To make sure the found everything they were looking for. Smiling, being friendly and customer service is key. Also you have to keep a clean appearance and work environment. I have learned to work together as a team, how to manage, and have great customer service. The management at stop and shop is very good. If you do what you are told and follow the rules you will work well with them and possibly move up in the company if desired. They will also work with you if you need help with something. It is a friendly work environment and everyone gets along with one another. The hardest part of my job is having to reprimand employees when they have done something wrong but it has to be done. The best part of the job is the people you work with and the customers you encounter.
mediocre starting job
bakery clerk (Former Employee), forest hills, nyNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: compensation
Good for young people who need some work experience and are just starting out. A lot of customer service.
Great job to have while attending school.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: easy place to work and fit in.
Cons: short breaks, stressful costumers.
A typical day at work as a cashier is mostly customer service. For most of the day your dealing with either customers or co-workers. All the managers there are very helpful and easy to talk to. Theres a chance you can run into a bad customer here and there but for the most part everyone is extremely friendly.
it;s a job
Grocery Bagger / Customer Service / Cart Retriever (Current Employee), Holyoke, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: taking care of each customer & leaving a smile on the face, for a pleasent shopping experience
Cons: were understaffed for the front end of our supermarket most times of the day, and have to work that much harder
Always bagging groceries, ,retrieving grocery carts, greeting each customer with a smile happy face, interacting with the customers. I'm also a porter, and take care of glass, bottle, and can recycling machines, Picking up spills on the floor, and changing trash barrel bags. I'm always every day doing a lot of multi tasking in a most of the time fast paced environment. I enjoy interacting with my fellow co-workers in all departments.
I sit in a metal box and help people get gasoline.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), ConnecticutNovember 19, 2014
Cons: some breaks are not covered so i don't get them.
A typical day at work starts with punching in for my shift at the main store then driving over to the gas station. Once at the gas station I have to sign in on a sheet of paper then do a till balance if I immediately take over the register. If I do not take over the register then I sit on a stool. I also go outside to help customers pump their gas if they need assistance. If I open the gas station then I take the extinguishers back out to their appropriate locations, take the spill kits outside, count the money in the register, set up the bag for Dunbar, and do the checklist to make sure all equipment is working properly and all the paper are up to date. If I close then I do a register till count and leave only $300 in the drawer. Also, I clean the lot and clean the inside of the kiosk.
I have learned how to deal with customers who do not understand how to follow instructions that are on a screen.
The managers in the store are good and are helpful when we need help. The gas station manager is not helpful and tells us how we are suppose to clean but does not actually clean herself.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gas station manager and customers who don't know how to pump gas.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is being able to work with my friends and seeing all the dogs that customers bring with them.
Productive & Great Customer Service
Customer Service Associate & Cashier (Current Employee), Swampscott, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: five percent discount and union
Cons: short breaks and short shifts
Working at stop and shop is a great place to work for. The days go by fast and fun with all the great employees and customer's. I learn new things everyday. Working at The service desk has taught me many new things like processing western unions and money orders. All the manager's there are very reasonable and understanding. They treat all employees with the same respect the would like to receive in return. The hardest part about this job sometimes has to be dealing with the unhappy customer's but thats the best part of this job also because you can turn there problem right around and have them be satisfied.
A good temporary part time job
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk/Porter (Current Employee), North Kingstown, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay isn't great, most managers want you to do way more than what you're paid for
I have worked at this location since its opening in March 2007, many people have come and gone in that time period. What I can say is that my general experience has gone up and down over the years depending on management and department heads. The benefits are really good for a part time job but the pay is not

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos