Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Call center
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: temp position
Call center enviorment over 100 employees and everyone very helpful, made a lot of friends and work with a group of very different but nice people, I would say that this was the first "real" job that I had, it was also a long term tempoary position and a great fit for me at that point in my life.
no hours
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), keyport njFebruary 25, 2014
me and the entire department had no hours.. we would be scheduled for 15 hours a week .. they kept hiring people and not giving the department hours we wanted...
Prodictive and great business atmosphere.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee), Quincy, MAFebruary 24, 2014
To learn more about how the company demands the rights of customers and I've learned a great deal about the Stop and
Shop business.
Customer Service 101
Cashier (Current Employee), Forestville, CTFebruary 23, 2014
Working and Stop & Shop I learn something new everyday especially how to provide proper and efficient customer service that leaves the customers happy and returning. A typical day at work ranges from working at the register, bagging, doing breaks for self checkout and gas station. When there is a slow period during the day management asks the associates – more... to clean and meet and greet customers who are walking past the register still shopping and if they need assistance finding an item we walk them to the item if needed. All of my co-workers are very hard working and enjoy doing what they are doing. The hardest part of my job is helping out the customer who has an issue and does not want to hear what you have to say, and that is when I let my supervisor come in and handle the situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the customers, some are some the most friendly people and I enjoy it if I can get the customer to laugh as long as they leave smiling then I am happy knowing I did a good job. – less
Fun environment, friendly customers
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTFebruary 22, 2014
Being a small store employees are close forming into families. Customers are very friendly.
Great Job
Deil Clerk (Current Employee), Newport, RIFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: no way to move up in the company
The job is typical The only thing i didn't like was no real way to move up in the company
assistting customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 19, 2014
assist customers with questions and made changes to store signs stock shelves with merchandise helped each other
Flexible hours and fast paced environment. Hard to advance.
Front End Supervisor/Office Staffer (Current Employee), NJFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: hard to advance
My day starts with reviewing what staff we have on for the day and if I need to call more people in. I assess how busy the store is and open more associates up if I need to. Making sure customers are satisfied and are taken care of in a timely manner is a big part of my job. I've learned how to multitask especially in stressful situations and hone my – more... supervisory skills. The hardest part of my job is trying to please as many people as I can as some can be extremely difficult. The most enjoyable is the constant interaction with the public and fast paced environment. – less
Decent teenage job
Deli/Cheese Clerk (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTFebruary 18, 2014
Benefits for full timers after a year. Flexible hours but consider this a temporary position as your life broadens. stop & Shop wants complete dedication to their corporation without the necessary pay. Needs improvement towards the staffs desires.
SUmmary
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Farmingdale NYFebruary 17, 2014
Good job for student mainly high school students. Mostly younger or much older people work here. It is an OK job, hard to move up in company.
Most enjoyable job.
Personal shopper (Former Employee), South Setauket, NYFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoyed my 4 years at this company very much. I learned all about customer service, phone skills and people skills. The management were incredible, they were kind and understanding people and i still keep in touch with them and other old co-workers to this day. The best part about this job was that I got to keep moving up in the company. I started – more... at the bottom and then made my way up to each position that the company had. It was by far the best job experience i have ever had. – less
great place for a young person to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYFebruary 15, 2014
A lot of people claim to not like stop and shop, but I actually enjoyed working there. It was a friendly environment for me. Union Job so it was hard for them to fire you for no reason.
UN LOAD PALLETS TO SHELF FOR CUSTOMER SALES
Overnight stock Clerk (Former Employee), EAST LYME CTFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: part time only
THIS WAS A FASTPACED JOB AND IT MADE FOR A QUICK NIGHT AS WE WERE A TEAM AND WE ALL STEPPED IN TO HELP WHEN NEEDED
Excellent company to work for, and excellent people to work with.
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), East Lyme, CTFebruary 10, 2014
I have been blessed with a great work environment for the past year. My time with Stop and Shop working at the Starbucks inside the store has been one of the best work experiences of my life thus far.
Always assisting customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 10, 2014
I was always assisting customers to their specific needs. I would work behind the counter as a customer service manager as well when needed.
IT TRULY WAS A COOL PLACE TO WORK
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Hudson, NHFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: fun place, no dought
Cons: starting cutting hours
WE ALL WOULD THINK ALONG THE SAME LINES. IF IT WAS'NT FOR LOOSING HOURS I WOULD STILL BE THERE
night crew
Night Crew (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: hours to short
Stock shelves with the product that would come in so that we would have almost anything that the customer would want when they would come in to shop.
A very customer friendly work place along with great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJFebruary 6, 2014
At Stop and Shop I was a great cashier and knew how to handle the every day customer and their needs. Also, any down time I was helping other co-workers in anyway possible staying busy. I wanted to be productive in anyway I could through out my time there. All in all Stop and Shop was a good place to work with great fellow employees.
Need better pay
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: love the work, very easy
Cons: hours, not enough
• Received, inspected, and logged products for accurateness of shipment, temperature, and quality
• Used knowledge of scales and weight measures to exactly weigh and label products
• Ensured different recipe cards, product coupons, promotional objects and information on complimentary foods
• Participated in pre-inventory preparation
• Walked department – more... frequently to make sure an ordered, clean, and overall sanitary appearance at all times
• Ensure sanitation of grocery shelves, storeroom area, and work area for security
• Clean of shelves and grocery products
• Remove risky waste from floor and keep floors free of liquid spills or water
• Inspect the rotation of all grocery products
• Pay particular attention to expired supply and remove out-of-date and spoiled items – less
Company does not pay well and in the winter the hours drop too low.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), East Wareham, MAFebruary 6, 2014
Cons: hard to get on full time so no health care, low pay
Stocking shelves is very easy but boring. I like helping customers and my co-workers. I have learned that I would like a more challenging job.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos