Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,106 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Short Breaks but it's part time
professional, fun work, environment, Where I can utilize my customer service skills and my cashier experience, where I can network and meet new people and answer minor questions if needed.
Review
cdh (Current Employee), bostonMay 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Working at Stop and Shop is hectic. It can be chaos at times but it is a fun environment you can learn a lot and move up in the company. It good experience . Their discount is horrible only 5%.
Alright entry level job
File Clerk (Current Employee), Newington, CTMay 18, 2015
Pros: 5% employee discount, paid days off/vacations
Good place to up your people skills. One of the biggest things they stress about working retail is your customer service skills. You also get to work with people of difference culture and diversities. The management can fluctuate between cool, calm and collected and egotistical and harsh since they move managers around quite a bit at the stores.
people friendly work
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), westfield ,maMay 18, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: benefits weren't exactly the best
consisting of stocking products to improve presentation and quality of products and beat the competition. Learned the differences in alot of the foods and origins. stop and shop has great team work environment, no matter the dept. everyone pitches in to help when needed. Some days you have the tough customers that don't deal with not having a certain product in your dept or store at the time. love the overall unity and communication at the work place.
Fun work place
Service Desk Clerk/Cash Department Head (Former Employee), Somerville, MassMay 15, 2015
The Most enjoyable part would be the customers and my co workers.

The hardest part would be letting the people you know steal get away with it due to the fact the company has hassle free policies intact to better assist the truthful Customers.

The worse part is the favoritism
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 15, 2015
Working at the stop and shop is an okay part-time job. The managers do not show people respect. there isn't much of a future working there. I say it is a okay part time job because you are given at least 15 hours a week
Productive workplace, great work experience,
Part time - Cashier and File Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Madison, CTMay 14, 2015
A great place to become a leader and learn new challenges everyday. A great way to build your customer service skills - verbally. the most enjoyable part of the job is providing the excellent communication skills to your customers.
Very Busy
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Eastchester, NYMay 14, 2015
At work I would be behind the customer service desk. People would come to me for returns, help determining the price to an item, western union, lottery, cigarettes, and many other things. Some people were nice and some were not. What I learned most is to not get mad at nasty people.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Waterbury,CTMay 14, 2015
Great company for high school student to get their foot in the work world.Stop & Shop gives everyone the opportunity to learn something new and grown the the company.Managers and Co-workes are very friendly great work atmosphere.
Friendly with great customer base
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Torrington, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
My daily interaction with the customers and co-workers makes for a fun and interesting day. I find the most challenging part of my day is ensuring customer satisfaction when the leave to ensure they have a positive experience at Stop & Shop.
Fun work enviroment
Assistant Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJMay 13, 2015
Cons: union
Was a great environment. I learned a lot about audits, organization, and the hard work it takes to open a new store. I had a great experience overall and would not have left if i wasn't offered a better position at a higher rate.
Good first part time job with security
Cashier/ Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 12, 2015
Pros: raises, union job, certain benefits
Cons: short breaks
As a first job, it definitely helped me about going through each semester of college so it has its pros and cons but overall, a good experience. Being a union job, there is security for your position which is all nice and the raises every few months are also good. I learned basic skills regarding customer service and always had proper training in any department I entered. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with good people and helping out those in need. The hardest part at the same time was certain customers and the degree of difficulty they had with communicating efficiently or politely. For the most part my co-workers were positive and helpful in helping me succeed in the company and management always kept a watchful eye of your progression as an employee.
Bakery was a great team to work with.
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Whiting, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: own schedule to an extent
Cons: management
The only issue I ever had with Stop & Shop was the store management. They belittled you are and treated you like you had no clue how to do your job. My bakery manager was a very informative and loving person. One of the best bosses I've ever had.
Welcoming and warm environment
Cashier, Cart Duty, Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 12, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
First clock in downstairs, then go let the floor manager know you are here, then you'll be assigned a job to do. My coworkers were friendly and welcoming, always came in to get the job done.
My stop and shop
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Arlington, MAMay 11, 2015
When started, things were promised with advancement potential. They did stick to that. But after a few years they changed their tune. They were cutting hours from the full timers and cutting down on benefits. They went back on what they provided with the full timers like myself. I am sorry to have to leave after 18 years. It was with everybody.
Horrible
CASHIER (Former Employee), Islandia, NYMay 11, 2015
It is a job that caters to the Caucasian demographic. Customers walk in with an attitude. Management is all over the place. Not a good establishment plus they rob you with there prices you think its a deal but its not.
Non Perishable Manager
Non-Perishable Manager (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJMay 8, 2015
MOD opening cash office systems get store ready for customs.Go over productivity with Night Crew.
Review any issues left from previous manager
Send all daily reports to DM office
Good place to work friendly atmosphire
Stock Person (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 5, 2015
Once I get there I would be assigned isle which I was in charge of to restock the merchandise. I learned how to read order numbers for the merchandise. Management was alright they would help you out if you needed help. Was just getting to it the distance it was from my house. Was my day off.
Not a great workplace
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Deer Park, New YorkMay 5, 2015
My typical day at work is to serve customers the best way i can, rotate stock and maintain a clean and healthy workplace. I did learn the basic tools needed to fufill any job necessary.
Stop and Shop was a great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Swampscott, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, Realistic demands, Friendly work environment
Stop and Shop created a valuable experience for me. It was my first job and the constant activity helped me build a strong work ethic. I dealt with many happy customers and of course a few not so happy customers. Adjusting to the work environment was easy due to the fact that my co-workers were welcoming and happy to help me learn the ins and outs of the Stop and Shop community. I was very disappointed when personal reasons prevented me from working and earning a promotion. I had a steady schedule that fit with my availability and allowed me to accomplish with many of my goals in my personal life. I would do it over if I could.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$9.00 per hour

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends