Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Great company
Night Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), CTMay 4, 2015
Worked over night.
Learned how to manage people get the best out of them.
Best part was gratification the job was done right.
Fun Workplace
CHECKOUT CASHIER (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 4, 2015
My first Job. Loved it. Worked as a cashier then moved to 3rd shift. Loved Meeting new People and talking to Customers. Wish I could Have stayed there but I needed more Hours.
Good part-time job for High School/ College kids.
Grocery Night Clerk (Former Employee), Coventry, RIMay 1, 2015
Pros: Decent breaks
Cons: Transfer required promotion to full-time if hired part-time
There is a high demand for good store appearance for all grocery shifts, especially the night crew. As a night crew member you are responsible for loading the next days inventory for the whole department with a team of 3-6 other guys on a normal night (with potential various work ethics). The crew chief is in charge for the night, who is normally the most seasoned employee of the crew. Crew chief holds the store keys for deliveries and oversees everything. On rare occasion it seemed we were legitimately unsupervised all night; which has it's pros and cons but for the most part it worked this way. The hardest part of the job is learning how to not strain yourself in some way due to heavy lifting of up to 60 lbs, and repetitive movements (I personally suffered from carpel tunnel syndrome from opening and averaged 400 boxes a night). The best part of the job is when you're done spotting the grocery load, and get to start stocking your aisle. You can listen to music, podcast or something of your preference whilst stocking, and really forget you're even working. I'll give it to the management that they try to work with you on some level to accommodate your personal needs, but seeing as it's a major grocery chain you can only expect so much. They expect you to work when they need you to work weekly, and only if you prove yourself and scratch their back will they in return scratch yours.
good place to work part time
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: five percent employee discount. weekly paycheck.
Cons: very short breaks, only one 15 minute break per four hour shift, standing on your feet all day, management wants you to be constantly busy.
It is a good place to work part time. If it's your main job you will be exhausted. Some days are insanely busy with customers.You do get a discount on everything in the store. Management always wants you to go and get more customers and get more sales.
so so
Clerk (Current Employee), Coram, NYApril 30, 2015
Good first job would not make a career out of it. Yes at times enjoyable but to much drama behind the scenes. Many years of service but one slip they will get rid of you no questions asked.
we sometimes have a employee day where they order take out food for the employees
Bagger/Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, MAApril 30, 2015
Pros: 15 min break, paid vacations, personal holadays, union
Cons: trying to help rude customers.
well I punch in to work as a bagger,I bag items help out customers. As a cashier/gas station I approve gas help customers.I have learned alot over 16 years how to bag, handle customers be nice to them, how to ring a register at gas station,etc. Management is good to the employees. I like my co-workers.The hardest part of the job is trying to help rude customers to the best of my abilities. the best part of the job is knowing you did a good job a much as I can
Well organized work environment
Head Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Miller Place, NYApril 29, 2015
Stop and Shop made sure that all of their stores met certain requirements and a level of quality control. Customers always came first and always felt at home when they were shopping at Stop and Shop.
I ENJOY WORKING
DRIVER /DELIVERY (Former Employee), Watertown, MAApril 28, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCH
Cons: HEALTHCARE
I LOVE TO DO A GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS SO I CAN LOOK GOOD AND MY MANAGER AS WELL. I HAVE A GREAT PERSONALITY AND I TREAT ALL CUSTOMER AND COWORKER WITH RESPECT
good job to work at
Overnight Night Crew Freight Team (Current Employee), Danbury, CTApril 27, 2015
Pros: making money
Cons: people
a typical day at wok ever gets boring always fast paced and alot of things to do great place for someone to start a career path
Good for early work experience
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Wanaque, NJApril 27, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to advance, but the higher up you go the more time you will be away from family and friends.

Good team environment
Lack of support from corporate to the retail stores
Not enough resources to properly do job.
Fun workplace
Overnight Stocking Crew (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 27, 2015
It's a fun workplace, fast-paced, keeps you busy. Meeting new people. There's no better job than not only a easy job but a fun job as well.
STOP AND SHOP
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Roxbury, MAApril 24, 2015
NICE PLACE TO WORK THERE, AND ALSO I AM A HARD WORKER AND THE CUSTOMERS ARE VERY HAPPY WANT I DO FOR THEM, IF ANY QUESTIONS THEY CAN CAN ME OR I CAN GET THE MANAGER IF ANY ASSISTANT
very flexible
Head Cahsier (CDH) (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTApril 24, 2015
Very Flexible hours, Pay was not wonderful. Excellent place for a college student looking for flexibility. great job while I was in high school
Fair and Convenient
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Torrington,CTApril 24, 2015
The management really worked around my schedule when need be and working there has been really convenient. However regardless of any personal feelings about working there is will not say anything negative.
Cashier in bad neighborhood
Teller (Former Employee), Eureka, CAApril 23, 2015
Consistent hours and schedule was nice. Pay was above minimum for California. Customers threatening and brandishing weapons at workers could at times be troubling.
A good place to work
Customer Service Associate, Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), Bristol, CTApril 22, 2015
Stop and Shop is a good place to work, though it shouldn't be for any length of time. I enjoyed the environment but it could easily become menotonous at times. Management tries to keep employees involved but there is a clear separation.
No activity
Cashier (Former Employee), south first street Austin, TxApril 22, 2015
Pros: eat as needed
Cons: few breaks
Worked in a good environment and this store was very small size , easy to give service to the customers. I had good relation with boss
and customers. Sometime hard to handle customers but one thing I learned be patience.
enjoy meeting new people
cashier (Former Employee), Islandia, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: that one customer that is having a bad day.
come in go to register . we also had a lot of regular customers . i also learn to that everyone has a bad day let it go .most enjoyable part is the regular customer you see every week and they ask me how was my day is a nice change .
bad work environment
Delicatessen Clerk (Current Employee), North Reading, MAApril 21, 2015
This job is a typical part time job. Low paying and long hours. The only upside to this job is that it provides benefits to its part time workers. Benefits include vacation hours and sick pay.
Nice place to work. I also enjoyed working with the people
Clerk (Former Employee), Branford, CTApril 20, 2015
Nice place to work however they only hire part time. The customers were nice people. My coworkers were easy to get along with and they worked as a team.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$9.00 per hour

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends