Stop and Shop Supermarket

1.2K reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Decent starting work place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJune 30, 2015
Pros: Snacks at mangers meetings
Cons: Short breaks
Good job if you do your job. Gets crazy at times.
Co workers are nice to you. Sometimes feel pressured by management. Workers are pretty helpful.
Great and outstanding work enviroment
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAJune 30, 2015
The years I worked at Stop and Shop I have witness nothing but good qualities in that work field. Every employee has more than enough opportunity to reach higher in their career.
management
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Waterford, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: breaks
The management here was rude and disrespectful. They were unprofessional and they weren't supportive. No one there helped assist me on my first day.
working at stop and shop
produce clerk (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: deparment manager was all ways on my back
working at stop and shop i stacked fresh produce made sure the department was clean and presentable to the customers it was a nice work in environment to work in
Depends on where you work
Lead Truck Loader (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYJune 28, 2015
my old shop was a great place to work however the bosses were absolutely deplorable. and the pay is just as bad. that being said, you will work with some characters
Customer Service/Cashier Assistance (Former Employee), Stamford,CtJune 25, 2015
Moved around in the store with different positions. Management wasn't the strongest in the location. Environment was amazing.
Front End Manager/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NJJune 25, 2015
Overall the benefits and compensation kept improving. The culture was created by all the part time employees. It was always a productive day.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTJune 22, 2015
Cashes customers out and bagged there items. Frustrating dealing with rude customers. Its a fun job to have as your first job.
this was a good first job
Deli clerk (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAJune 20, 2015
Pros: over-all great job
Cons: none
My first job was at stop and shop. I was part of a great team that was managed well. I was in school at the time and my scholastic and work schedules meshed well.
Very busy store, low on hours
Deli, Seafood, Meat, and Food Prep. Clerk (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJune 18, 2015
Pros: Busy Work, Friendly customers
Cons: Benefits, Hours, heavy work load with no hours, management.
I've been involved in Stop and Shop since 2012. Before the company signed over to a new owner, the store had an over abundance of hours and the store budget was high. After that, a complete plummet with hours, employees, and people with experience. They transfer good full time employees to other stores and send us decent/not so good manager or employees. The hours are never consistent, the most amount of hours given to a part timer is on average 22 hours, which isnt much at all. I used to recieve 29-38 as a part timer every week when i first started
Love it and Hate it
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Haskell, NJJune 18, 2015
Pros: good work environment, friendly staff, benefits
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Good work environment, helps familiarize those who are just starting out working. Learn great communication skills as well as other skills. Only downfall is the low pay, especially for someone like me who did multiple jobs. I was there for 5 years and left only making $9.25 an hr.
produtive place
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), Watchung, NJJune 17, 2015
the job was fun and a great place to work. everybody was fun and great to work with. I liked that job. the company took care of people in their time of need and I respected that
was a great company
Produce, Food prep Clerk (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 17, 2015
At first fantastic company, However there motto seams to be do more with less, Not staffed or equip anymore, management was useless, Corporate was even worse.
Absolutely the worst place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJune 16, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Everything Else.
Management is extremely unprofessional and indifferent about associates. Petty, spiteful and immature managers and heads of the company who heckle and yell at associates in front of the customers, and can't do their own jobs correctly.
productive and great working enviroment
Customer Service/Manager (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTJune 16, 2015
learned a lot at working at stop & shop, Became manager and learning service desk.
The greatest part is learning about your customer and meeting new people.
A great job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Milford, NHJune 15, 2015
Pros: was very close to home. could go there for breaks
Cons: nothing really
Was one of my first jobs. I enjoyed being there sadly they shut down. Had great management and wonderful people to work with. hardest part would have to be going fast as I could because I was new but I got the hang of it very quickly.
Great place with great people.
Assistant Front-End Manager (Current Employee), Sparta, NJJune 15, 2015
As an assistant Front-End Manager I ensure service standards are met and customer issues resolved in a timely manner.
I also trained, supervised, and managed front-end associates to ensure compliance with standards.
Nice place to work just not enough hours
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Winsted, CTJune 15, 2015
it wasn't a bad place to work it was just not enough hours to let me pay for all me bills. on a regular day I would check to see what's low and I would refill it and then I would get the load off the truck and break it down for the night crew then I would pull forward the items on the end caps before I went home.
Great people, fun work, decent pay
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee), Exeter, NHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Quick-paced, nice people
Cons: Unfulfilling
In my years working for this store, I have made some good friends and met many great people. The pay wasn't great but I enjoyed all my time there. The hardest part of the job was ringing up when it was busy. Typically what I would do was retrieve shopping carriages. Management switched many times and had its ups and downs.
Active
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Lincoln, Rhode IslandJune 12, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break
Cons: Very hard work
I bagged grocery's and brought in carriages when needed I always kept the carriages restocked. I had a supervisor change in the middle month.