Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,132 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee), Freeport, NYMay 30, 2015
My first job and I learned alot from them but I'm ready to branch out and start learning more skills/ look for a career. It's a good starter job but not nothing long term.
Mediocre at best
Staff Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
I've worked here for five years and have seen both the good and bad aspects of this job. I've made very strong relationships with key management officials as well as co-workers and have done my best to be an intricate part of their team.
productive workplace but not enough hours
over night clerk (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
short staffed...
my co workers are motivated individuals who as i would perfer more hoursthe hardest part of this job is wg
hen someone who is scheduled to work calls out...it makes my job alot hardermanagement is new...
Learned alot.
Florist clerk (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMay 23, 2015
Great for a first time job. I was able to learn a lot about customer service, handling money, and customers. I would surely recommend it for a first job.
My work colleagues are cool to work with, but I think the management is ran terribly
Cashier (Current Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMay 23, 2015
Gets busy, but hard to be fast when you have to bag approximately on average 45 per person, which can range form 2-40 lbs.
Team is essential when working upfront, your bagger can see things you might – more... miss. They aid in doing their job.
Management is terrible, they do not really care for their employees, they ignore complaints and schedule changes.
Everyone one is friendly, not saying management is not, they keep professionalism in the workplace, but my colleagues in the front end are very nice.
Ringing up groceries and bagging them yourself, because not only is it time consuming, but it strains mainly one side of your body.
Having conversations with my customers, so when I have to bad a lot of groceries, they somewhat take my mind off it. – less
Stop and Shop is an OK place to work
General Office Worker (Current Employee), Ansonia, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: Has a union
Cons: to many partime people
Stop and Shop is a good place to start your working career but not the idea place to stay if you have greater expectations in life.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTMay 21, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Short Breaks but it's part time
professional, fun work, environment, Where I can utilize my customer service skills and my cashier experience, where I can network and meet new people and answer minor questions if needed.
Review
cdh (Current Employee), bostonMay 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Working at Stop and Shop is hectic. It can be chaos at times but it is a fun environment you can learn a lot and move up in the company. It good experience . Their discount is horrible only 5%.
Alright entry level job
File Clerk (Current Employee), Newington, CTMay 18, 2015
Pros: 5% employee discount, paid days off/vacations
Good place to up your people skills. One of the biggest things they stress about working retail is your customer service skills. You also get to work with people of difference culture and diversities. The management can fluctuate between cool, calm and collected and egotistical and harsh since they move managers around quite a bit at the stores.
people friendly work
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), westfield ,maMay 18, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: benefits weren't exactly the best
consisting of stocking products to improve presentation and quality of products and beat the competition. Learned the differences in alot of the foods and origins. stop and shop has great team work environment, – more... no matter the dept. everyone pitches in to help when needed. Some days you have the tough customers that don't deal with not having a certain product in your dept or store at the time. love the overall unity and communication at the work place. – less
Fun work place
Service Desk Clerk/Cash Department Head (Former Employee), Somerville, MassMay 15, 2015
The Most enjoyable part would be the customers and my co workers.

The hardest part would be letting the people you know steal get away with it due to the fact the company has hassle free policies intact to better assist the truthful Customers.

The worse part is the favoritism
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 15, 2015
Working at the stop and shop is an okay part-time job. The managers do not show people respect. there isn't much of a future working there. I say it is a okay part time job because you are given at least 15 hours a week
Productive workplace, great work experience,
Part time - Cashier and File Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Madison, CTMay 14, 2015
A great place to become a leader and learn new challenges everyday. A great way to build your customer service skills - verbally. the most enjoyable part of the job is providing the excellent communication skills to your customers.
Very Busy
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Eastchester, NYMay 14, 2015
At work I would be behind the customer service desk. People would come to me for returns, help determining the price to an item, western union, lottery, cigarettes, and many other things. Some people were nice and some were not. What I learned most is to not get mad at nasty people.
Great place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Waterbury,CTMay 14, 2015
Great company for high school student to get their foot in the work world.Stop & Shop gives everyone the opportunity to learn something new and grown the the company.Managers and Co-workes are very friendly great work atmosphere.
Friendly with great customer base
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Torrington, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Short breaks
My daily interaction with the customers and co-workers makes for a fun and interesting day. I find the most challenging part of my day is ensuring customer satisfaction when the leave to ensure they have a positive experience at Stop & Shop.
Fun work enviroment
Assistant Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJMay 13, 2015
Cons: union
Was a great environment. I learned a lot about audits, organization, and the hard work it takes to open a new store. I had a great experience overall and would not have left if i wasn't offered a better position at a higher rate.
Good first part time job with security
Cashier/ Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMay 12, 2015
Pros: raises, union job, certain benefits
Cons: short breaks
As a first job, it definitely helped me about going through each semester of college so it has its pros and cons but overall, a good experience. Being a union job, there is security for your position which – more... is all nice and the raises every few months are also good. I learned basic skills regarding customer service and always had proper training in any department I entered. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with good people and helping out those in need. The hardest part at the same time was certain customers and the degree of difficulty they had with communicating efficiently or politely. For the most part my co-workers were positive and helpful in helping me succeed in the company and management always kept a watchful eye of your progression as an employee. – less
Bakery was a great team to work with.
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Whiting, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: own schedule to an extent
Cons: management
The only issue I ever had with Stop & Shop was the store management. They belittled you are and treated you like you had no clue how to do your job. My bakery manager was a very informative and loving person. One of the best bosses I've ever had.
Welcoming and warm environment
Cashier, Cart Duty, Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 12, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
First clock in downstairs, then go let the floor manager know you are here, then you'll be assigned a job to do. My coworkers were friendly and welcoming, always came in to get the job done.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$9.25 per hour

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends