Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 2,366 reviews matching the search
Interesting if stressful job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJJune 29, 2017
Dealing with customers provided an interesting and varied experience, but shifts could be stressful when the store was crowded, and many customers were rude. Additionally, the shifts scheduled were sometimes inconvenient and tiring, such as being scheduled for five hours and forty-five minutes, which only allowed for a single fifteen-minute break instead of a half-hour one, which only became available when you were scheduled to work six hours. I also became sick once when scheduled to work eleven days straight without a day off to break it up. Despite this, though, it was overall a mostly satisfactory experience.
My experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 28, 2017
Great place as a first job. Great team to work with, learning and training on all departments. Everyone is always willing to help with expanding your knowledge.
Cooperative with student schedules and fair pay for the work they ask.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Unionville, CTJune 28, 2017
A typical day at work as a cashier included ringing up customers at registers, bagging groceries, and greeting customers with a smile. Management was very cooperative with my school schedule and helpful whenever I had an issue. The most enjoyable part of my job there was meeting new people every day.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Constantly shifting work schedule and lack of staff often made it a chore to come in.
excellent benefits
Bakeshop Lead (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 06705June 28, 2017
Stop &Shop had show me how to manage a really demanding department like is the bakeshop. My days start by verifying the sales floor for any out of dates, checking the sales for the previous day and also the shrink, making sure the sales floor it's at the right levels and that we have all our products accessible for our customers. The hardest part of the shop is inventory day. the most enjoyable part of the job is decorating cakes and interacting. with our customers
benefits
Cons
not a lot of help
High volume supermarket in highly competitive market
Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2017
Stop and Shop is a full service supermarket located in the Northeast. Most stores are located near major competitor, this leads to a very busy day maintaining inventory levels and customer service levels.
productive and fun work place on holidays
cashier (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work would have consisted of me punching into work at my scheduled time, finding a manager on duty to figure out if they wanted me to ring or bag for the time being and where my station would be for the day. If I was on register my typical day would include collecting payments via cash,credit card and check, returning put back items to the correct place, assisting customers finding items and dealing with returns and rain checks.From working here I've learned quite alot but something that stayed with me that made me enjoy working here was as long as you work hard and get the tasks done, the job is very enjoyable. But, overall you will learn something new everyday from working here. Most importantly, to have patients, have a listening ear and have a smile on your face no matter the situation. Though the management was a little unfair, there was some shift leaders that was great in their job and i got along with EVERY cashier. Theres really no hard part bout working here as long as you can deal with the customers attitudes, you'll be a great candidate. The best part about the job was the customers getting used to me and always looking for me when they will be in the store.
Pros
fun easy job.
Cons
short break, management
Enjoyed working there for it being my first time working at a Starbucks
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 27, 2017
Found it hard working there at first but got the hang of it and love it.people loved seeing me always put a smile on a customers face. Did not know what to expect working at a Starbucks for my first time. I thought it was going to be harder that I expected.
Pros
Getting to work there
Cons
Short breaks, buying food
Productive work environment
Cashier, Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work would include being a cashier, collecting payments via cash, credit card & check. Returning items the correct place. Assisting customers finding items. Deal with returns and rain checks.
fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  dan fox driveJune 26, 2017
working at stop and shop was fast paced and hard work. not only did you have to assist customers but you had to keep the place sanitized and clean as possibke at all times while making pre ordered food.
Great first job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 26, 2017
Couldn't complain about any of my managers , from direct supervisor all the way up the chain.Chance to have discussions with customers and co workers.Ability to move up.If the pay was better I'd still be there.
Pros
Cons
Work every sunday
Amazing place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North White Plains, NYJune 26, 2017
Started as a cashier and just because i asked to be trained for other jobs i was given the options to move up to other jobs with better pay.I was first taught self scan and then was taught customer service. Management was always friendly and there to listen to your problems if any arose. Fellow staff members were also hardworking and friendly do to the welcoming environment given by management.
Pros
Great Work Place, Great Staff, Great management
Cons
n/a
fun
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJune 26, 2017
fun fast working place good paid go vacation time good coworkers good place to shop best prices nice and clean work inverment good bosses in every shifts
Pros
good pay
communication
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJune 25, 2017
communication is needed to be more concise and forward like we'd be put on a day we thought we'd have off but would be put on without communication from management and would have to plan around it which can be difficult
Simple but stressful
Floor Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2017
It is a very easy place to work however it can get rather demanding do to sudden rushes of customers and a lack of staff on hand. The one great thing about this job is that it is unionized entitling you to certain benefits at a small cost.
Friendly work enviornment
Peapod Shopper (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTJune 23, 2017
not a great place to work, not so great work and life balance, minimum wage, bad management, no room for growth, small employee discount, ok first job
Tiring, depends very much on who you're working with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 23, 2017
What can I say, you're a cashier and you're going to be on your feet for maybe six or seven hours at a time. You get fifteen minute breaks every four hours I think
Serving the public four to six hours per work day.
Front End Cashier and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 23, 2017
Good experience for working with the public and operating cash. Friendly work space and easy to adapt to co-workers. Managers are adaptable with any questions. Good benefits, 401k and pension is available.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
tough on your feet
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 23, 2017
It's a good company to work for. The staff were great to get along with, their were very helpful. They teach you how to humble your self with irate customers
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
An Unmotivated Bunch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJune 21, 2017
Working at this supermarket, even as a high school student, tested the limits of human patience and understanding. A majority of the employees did not seem to care about the success of their store or the quality of their service.
Awful place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, NJJune 20, 2017
Do not work here and get stuck in a dead end job working for people who could care less about you it was a terrible environment with awful people working with you