Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,704 reviews matching the search
Working at stop and shop
Front-End Cashier/Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work, is very busy, always moving never standing still. What i learned from my job, is to have patients,have a listening hear, and always have a smile on my face. I like my co-workers i get along with them all. Nothing is really hard about my job if you can deal with the customers attitude, then you pretty much can handle anything at my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into work.
Flexible Work Environment
Cashier/ Cash Department Head (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 8, 2016
Customer focused organization with flexible hours. Several departments to choose from to meet many work styles. Diverse culture serving the market areas that Stop and Shop is located in. Good opportunity for growth.
Illigal
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 25, 2016
The owners of this establishment do not allow employees to take their allotted breaks. Employees are subject to verbal abuse, as well as gender based and racial discrimination during the hiring process. In the event of a robbery the silent alarm is not functional.
Pros
See Discription.
Cons
See Description.
It was okay
Cashier/Florist (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYFebruary 20, 2016
I generally enjoyed my job but management made it difficult. They say flexible hours but are the opposite because there was always something wrong with scheduling. My coworkers were absolutely amazing but there were some managerial issues, not all of them but a few were difficult to work with. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed working there.
Convient hours, great staff, clean inverment
Store associate (Current Employee) –  New City, NYJanuary 31, 2016
My typical day at work was busy and enjoyable. I learned how to tear down pallets, put up stock and block the store. Management was pleasant to work for. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was tearing down pallets. the most enjoyable part of the job was blocking the store.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
finding where the stoclk went.
productive workplace
Seafood Department Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 25, 2016
provide great customer service management skills supply and demand ordering product employee scheduling safety logs budgeting rotating product long hours the best part of this job was the customers
Pros
bennifets
Cons
hours
Fun place to work
Front end associate (Current Employee) –  Harwich, MAFebruary 28, 2016
overall it's a wonderful place to work, coworkers are very friendly and helpful. In addition the part timer benefits are phenomenal for what they are! the only negative i can think of is management can be a bit harsh at times.
Pros
benefits for part timers are great!
Cons
management doesn't care about employees at my store
Good customer service experience
Deli worker (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJanuary 16, 2016
I helped customers get deli meats and cheeses cut to their likeness. I also cleaned the place mornings, afternoons and nights for 2 years. I helped cut meats and cheeses for subs and grab n go. I unloaded the back stock for the deli several times even though it is the managers responsibility. I rarely called out of work. I was never late. I would say i have been there best deli worker for the past 2 years.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
overworked for how much i got paid
Fun place to work
Cashier/ Baker/ Key Holder/ Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 20, 2016
stop and shop is a fun enviroment but the pay and the hours are not the best. management is really fun to work with and they are willing to accomodate schedule with school
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
compensation
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 5, 2016
typical day at work would consist of cashing out and helping customers, returning surplus item to their correct places, cleaning and maintaining register
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours compatible to availabilty
great co-workers
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJJanuary 13, 2016
my typical day at work is very fast paced, i have learned new skills such as operating and cleaning a deli slicer, my management is OK there are some things they can do to improve,my co-workers are great we can all work together and accomplish anything!, the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and there is a rush of customers, my job is enjoyable all together but i would say helping the customers is the most enjoyable part of my job.
cdh
cdh. cash department head (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTJune 20, 2016
helping the customers can sometimes be a challenge but I loved it...management on the other hand seemed to of lacked a lot of communication..my co-workers are the best..we are like a family and we all respect eachother and help eachother..
OK first job for high scoool student
Assistant Customer Service Department Head (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 5, 2016
This is a job you get as a part time gig in high school or college. The pay is very low, even for managers and supervisors. People are always calling out which makes your job a lot harder.
boring and fun workplace at times.
Produce (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 11, 2016
we always have a set of job to do before we leave and we had to finish it as fast as we could while helping customers find what they want/need. my co-workers was always there to help me, they are fun to talk to. the hardest part of the job was when we had to fix things and put them neatly since the store i was working at was a display store and a lot of managers from different stores and district always came to check up on the store and such.
Fast paced job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAMarch 10, 2016
Stop&Shop is a great place to work while in high school or college. They are very flexible with hours and understand the life of a student. There is not much room to move up in the company unless you have connections. Most of the people that work in the stores that I have been in, have always treated me great.
This is a good company to work for.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provincetown, MAFebruary 6, 2016
Operated meat compressor, stocked shelves, assisted customers, operated meat cutter, an inventoried food

My co-workers and management were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed helping and talking to customers. I met a lot of nice people while working for Stop and Shop.
Pros
co- workers and management were friendly and helpful.
Stop&Shop
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 7, 2016
Stop&Shop has very nice employers and a great environment however hourly they don't offer to much. If you don't have many responsibilities in your personal life great starter job but if you have a child and bills to pay not so much here
Pros
great employes
Cons
hours cut
Great place to work.
Frontend - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJanuary 9, 2016
I enjoyed my years with Stop & Shop. I had a very good relationship with all my co-workers and management. My managers would work with me to set up my schedule and they knew that if needed I would work the extra hours. I think they were very impressed with my work ethic as they would ask me to do jobs that were usually reserved for others with more experience. They also saw that I could handle some of our more difficult customers with courtesy and professionalism. My cash drawers were never more than a couple of pennies off. Both the store manager and the front end manager stated that if I needed any references to give them a call.
Pros
Their benefits were excellent, even for a part-timer.
Cons
There really weren't any cons, I truly enjoyed working there.
Productive and caring work place.
Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  70-20 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Arverne, NY , 11692January 5, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me either organizing merchandise on the shelf, stocking merchandise on the shelf, pulling items off the truck and separating them in different totes or doing counts of the items on the shelf. I learned a lot of things but I mainly learned how to pace myself and work efficiently and that it is possible to always get the job done on time. My co-workers and the management were great, a job like this was demanding but so worth it. The hardest part of the job had to be separating the totes, due to the fact that they weighed so much and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and their satisfaction that followed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Barely any breaks
overall a good place to work, great people to work with
Night crew clerk (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 21, 2016
I would recommend anyone to work at stop and shop if they are looking for either a temporary or permanent job. There are many opportunities for advancement. The management there will work with you and train you in order to move up the ladder and reach your goals.

Stop and Shop Supermarket Reviews by Location