Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Very busy place to work
Deli worker Basic food prep (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 22, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
None stop, very fast paced environment did not like working here, deli was organized but very one dimensional.
Didn't pay very good and not enough hours
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 20, 2014
Customer Service,prep food,cutting deli meats,prep salads,make sandwiches,cooking,deli platters,All day-to-day operations,Shrink Prevention.
I do love my co workers they are the only thing that keep me going at times
Part Time- Meat Dept. (Clerk) (Current Employee), Wanaque, NJMay 20, 2014
Pros: they pay for healthcare
Cons: not enough associates, pay scale very low.
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co workers. I have learned you cant do everything by yourself which is the hardest part of the job. Due to lack of hiring we do not have enough associates nor do we have enough time in the day to do what must be done we simply try our very best to do the best we can. Our management has come and gone in the 3 – more... yrs. I've been there we have had 4 assistant managers. I do my job to the best of my ability sometimes I have a tendency to go above and beyond. But after so many years of no recognition not even "hey great job today", it does get me down at times. That's when I look to a co worker talk it out and move on. – less
Awesome First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Amesbury, MAMay 19, 2014
The Stop and Shop in Amesbury was a great first job that I maintained from my freshman year of high school to my senior year of high school.
loved the customer very nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Cumberland, RIMay 19, 2014
Pros: customer service is great
Cons: too short of breaks
would refer someone else to work here everyone is nice always when need help ther is someone always ther to help u most of the co worker where very nice the hardest job was when u get angery customer and u have to be nice even if they are rude to u because customer are always right no matter what
i worked really hard at stop and shop to make all costumers happy.
Bake Shop (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMay 17, 2014
Pros: good store
Cons: you get breaks
Its a normal day at work by pre-packing all the food around the table and learning how to bake, pan. All the workers are great and we get along well. There is nothing that is hard at this job. The most enjoyable that is people.
productive.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 16, 2014
i liked the fact that you can always advance if you wanted to. customer service was my favorite thing about this company. i like the fact that i could interact with different people on a daily basis.
Average Grocery Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Hempstead, NYMay 12, 2014
make sure shelves are stocked and clean. help customers find items. work on the cash register sometimes. get bring back shopping carts.
Stop and Shop is a good place to get your feet wet for employment.
Book Keeper/Payroll (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 10, 2014
This was my first job in customer service as a senior in high school.
I liked working there at that time. It taught me how to provide customer service in all situations good and bad. And here is where I learned to be more social. I really appreciated that! There really was no hard part about this job. not even the customers that were displeased with – more... the service that they received. – less
A Excellent Job When In College
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Bedford, NHMay 9, 2014
Pros: great discount program
Cons: short term job
Enjoyed working here a great deal while going through college, the constant hours and fast paced environment made the hours fly by. Management was professional if a little difficult to work with in when something was needed.
Mundane, not satisfying
Seafood and Meat Department Sales Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NyMay 9, 2014
Pros: get to walk around
Cons: interrupted breaks, prolonged standing.
A typical day consist of mundane activites such as paccking out merchandise on stock floors. Managers are nver satisfied with your performance so they constantly belittle people. Co-workers are envious of each other, everyone compares who makes more money and who works in what department. Gossipy, some rude individuals but most are nice.
place is ok
Front End Manager (Current Employee), freeport, MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: too many to count
work day includes me putting out fires all day long from the previous night. leadership from upper management is nonexistant
Good place to work if you are still going to school
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYMay 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: short breaks, low wages, high stress environment
Stop and shop is a good place to work at as a cashier if you are going to school and need a part time job. Moving up in the company is a very hard and long process. You can be recommended to move up by every manager that walks in the door but in the end it is the district managers decision. If the district manager does not approve for any reason big – more... or small, you will stay where you are. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet, customers and employees. Putting smiles on the customers faces is a good feeling, and you grow a connection with them. The hardest part of the job is when it gets really busy, but payroll needs to be saved so you have no help. You have to work very fast paced while still being on point with the things you do. People do not like waiting so you have to do all you can to make sure to get them out as fast as possible. – less
Productive crew members
Deli clerk (Former Employee), Stamford CTMay 6, 2014
Really busy during weekdays, Sunday's and during holidays but overall the managers are great so were my coworkers.
good managers
Front End Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), White Plains, New yorkMay 3, 2014
my managers always pushed me to keep moving forward and learn new things in the company to move up and get a full time position and a team leader
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Harwich, MAMay 2, 2014
Stocked the produce shelves. Worked with individuals who made the best of their situation.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), East Meadow, NYMay 1, 2014
clean registers
rang up customers
put food back
managers and co- workers were ok
Busy workplace
Cart Pusher/Porter (Former Employee), Orange, CTApril 30, 2014
Cons: short breaks, bad weather
I was usually able to stay to myself unless management needed me to do something within the store or if a customer needed my assistance. I most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the carts in bad weather and on busy days.
A good part time job!
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Seekonk, MaApril 30, 2014
Had lots of fun working for this company, 5 years worth of fun. I learned lots of different positions within the store from produce clerk to grocery clerk.
Great Crew, Good Managment
Company Maintenance (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJApril 29, 2014
The staff at Stop and Shop are a strong close knit unit of people who are a 2nd family to each other, Everyone is very safety and loos prevention comprehensive, and works very well with the public, Most days were greeted by co workers and regular customers, everyone did their job and helped others when they saw it needed to be done.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos