Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Great enviornment to work in especailly if you enjoy working with the public
Cashier/ Customer Service/ File Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: time and a half every sunday
Cons: minimum healthcare benefits
Management is very flexible when it comes to hours. Co-workers get along like family. Every Sunday is time and a half. The health benefits could be better, otherwise it is a great place to work.
Nice Work place
Customer Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Ossining, NYJune 1, 2014
Stop and shop supermarket is nice place to work.
busy and fast environment .
I LIKE WORK THEIR TOO
CASHIER (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMay 31, 2014
IT WAS FUN JOB TO WORK THEIR TOO I LIKE DOING THE JOB ALL THE TIME AND LIKE MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY WHEN THEY COME IN THE STORE ALL THE TIME
Not a positive place to work
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Stonington, CTMay 30, 2014
Pros: associate points
Cons: unreliable management
I enjoyed the job and the fast pace of the work. I felt like the night shift had great teamwork and helped each other. When I was moved to second shift I was never trained and didnt feel like I had anyone I could go to with questions.
Waste of time
Personal Shopper - Peapod (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMay 29, 2014
Easy job for high school students. Younger environment. Not a place you'd want to stay. Stepping stone to branch out into Stop n Shop.
good job
Seafood Department, Deli Department/ Stock Person (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYMay 29, 2014
I worked here for 6months in the seafood department to learn that I am now allergic to seafood. so I had to quit I was getting really sick. but overall decent job.
fun and friendly
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Nantucket, MAMay 28, 2014
Pros: easy commute
Cons: living in company housing with co-workers
Fun and friendly work environments in all locations. I started in Boston and the company was flexible enough to transfer me when I went to University, as well as relocated me to Nantucket.
Deli/Prepared Foods Clerk
Deli Clerk/Prepared Food Clerk (Former Employee), Newington, CTMay 28, 2014
Prepare food for lunch and dinner, Also Open and close the department
great job for anyone
Head cashier (Former Employee), Groton, CTMay 27, 2014
Lots of different departments for people of all skill types and experience
job
deli person (Current Employee), Hornell, NYMay 27, 2014
I will only say that I am a deli worker. I prepare food to order for customers.
Generally a good place to work but needs better Human Resources
Cash and/or Customer Service Department Head (Current Employee), Swampscott, MAMay 25, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced and the business fluctuates from day to day. I've learned how to make effective decisions quickly and keep my patience in a very demanding and fast paced work environment. Management is happy to help assist with the upkeep of the department, however it seems that attitudes are thrown around freely. There can be, at – more... times, a lack of professionalism with management. – less
Ok at first but changed after
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIMay 22, 2014
Pros: union for some job security
Cons: disgusting, no respect for employees
Seemed like at first hard work would pay off but after awhile I came to learn that it was all about favorites and when some of management changed it started to feel like a prison.
Good
Porter (Former Employee), Medford, NYMay 22, 2014
They have their stuff together over there, I kind of miss working for them.
Enjoyed my responsibilities and my everyday work expierence
Bake Shop Clerk & Cashier (Current Employee), Watertown, CTMay 22, 2014
Pros: customers, decorating, co-workers
Cons: lack of training
I enjoy my customers and my co-workers. However, the management team was not as involved as we wished. I have learned a lot about pleasing customers and being a team player to get our jobs done quickly and efficiently. The hardest part of my job was being put in the position to do jobs I was not trained for but I was still able to get the job done with – more... no recognition. The most enjoyable part of the job was my everyday customers, co-workers who became good friends. Self confidence to get any task done. – less
Very busy place to work
Deli worker Basic food prep (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 22, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
None stop, very fast paced environment did not like working here, deli was organized but very one dimensional.
Didn't pay very good and not enough hours
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 20, 2014
Customer Service,prep food,cutting deli meats,prep salads,make sandwiches,cooking,deli platters,All day-to-day operations,Shrink Prevention.
I do love my co workers they are the only thing that keep me going at times
Part Time- Meat Dept. (Clerk) (Current Employee), Wanaque, NJMay 20, 2014
Pros: they pay for healthcare
Cons: not enough associates, pay scale very low.
The most enjoyable part of my job are my co workers. I have learned you cant do everything by yourself which is the hardest part of the job. Due to lack of hiring we do not have enough associates nor do we have enough time in the day to do what must be done we simply try our very best to do the best we can. Our management has come and gone in the 3 – more... yrs. I've been there we have had 4 assistant managers. I do my job to the best of my ability sometimes I have a tendency to go above and beyond. But after so many years of no recognition not even "hey great job today", it does get me down at times. That's when I look to a co worker talk it out and move on. – less
Awesome First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Amesbury, MAMay 19, 2014
The Stop and Shop in Amesbury was a great first job that I maintained from my freshman year of high school to my senior year of high school.
loved the customer very nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Cumberland, RIMay 19, 2014
Pros: customer service is great
Cons: too short of breaks
would refer someone else to work here everyone is nice always when need help ther is someone always ther to help u most of the co worker where very nice the hardest job was when u get angery customer and u have to be nice even if they are rude to u because customer are always right no matter what
i worked really hard at stop and shop to make all costumers happy.
Bake Shop (Current Employee), Cheshire, CTMay 17, 2014
Pros: good store
Cons: you get breaks
Its a normal day at work by pre-packing all the food around the table and learning how to bake, pan. All the workers are great and we get along well. There is nothing that is hard at this job. The most enjoyable that is people.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos