Stop and Shop Supermarket
1,069 reviews

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employee Reviews

didnt enjoy
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTMarch 18, 2015
management wanted nothing to do with the employees and I didn't see a future there at all. the job was bleak and miserable at best. it was a complete displeasure working there
outstanding team work
Shipping and Receiving, maintenance (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 17, 2015
Pros: over time
Cons: everything was great.
I learned how to maintain customer service, i was pleased to be able to come to work everyday. my co-workers and management were exceptionally great. The most enjoyable part was to be able to come to work each day and enjoy my stay. The hardest part would have to be tricky because i enjoyed it soo much.
Fun, relaxed environment
Dept. head, customer service (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 16, 2015
Learning does not stop after the training, there is always something new to be learned everyday, dealing with customers makes it all fun, you get to interact with them everyday and you get to know your customers name.
Cashier (Former Employee), Clifton, NJMarch 16, 2015
I learned how to work a cash register and process credit cards and was responsible to handle money, and receive and give correct amounts back
Good for people with Disabilities
Bagger (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2015
Good job for people with disabilities. I learned to work the cash register and self-scan. Learned stocking the shelves doing returns. Co-workers were nice and always pleasant. There really was no hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers.
Upbeat workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at Stop and Shop would include many tasks, keeping the store neat, keeping the customers happy and keeping the lines as short as possible. I learned how to maintain a quick pace while working at Stop and shop. The management was fun to be around and energetic. The co-workers were focused on the tasks in the store. The hardest part of the job was dealing with many cranky customers and keeping a good composure. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to move to different positions often.
Not a Bad place to work at.
Prepare Foods/Deli Clerk/Meat Clerk (Former Employee), East Hampton, CTMarch 10, 2015
A good place to start or for a parttime job. It was a easy job to make some money while I am in school. The job had alot of flexable hours so they were willing to work with my complex schedule.
Great learning experience
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), East Islip, NYMarch 10, 2015
Great learning experience. During my time at Stop and Shop, I learning many skills and become very experienced working in the customer service area.
no good
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Coram, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: poor management
the co workers are awesome to work with. its a team worker atmosphere. great for college students. the bad part is just poor management and divide between union workers and management.
Decent
Cashier/Gasoline Clerk (Current Employee), New City, NYMarch 4, 2015
It's not bad; I've had a decent experience working for Stop & Shop so far. I really like a lot of my co-workers they make work more enjoyable.
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee), Chelsea, MAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pay day
Cons: short breaks, having to pay to eat, being degraded, humilated. treated like a child.
The managers were rude, very inconsiderate of their employee's and the needs they had.

I made work fun for myself and my customers...That was my goal
I learned how to operate a cash register, how to stock, restock and tend to inventory, Computers, refunds, etc.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with managers who had no heart, who were rude and degrading...learned how to keep my mouth shut.

Seeing my customers who always appriciated me and seeing those co-workers who i adored and who adored me...
your typical supermarket
Service Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Dartmouth, MAMarch 2, 2015
Cons: short breaks, not being recognized for going above and beyond
I typically work in the service desk or as a cashier/bagger. While the job is easy and simple, I do not feel that management adequately recognize worker for positive things they do but rather only acknowledge negative things, even though they claim to be doing more of it. I like my co-workers but feel its very high school like, with drama, and immature behavior. my favorite part of the job however are the friends ive made over the years, which I am thankful for.
Stop and Shop was a good place to work and it taught me a lot about how to do jobs.
Front End Associate (Former Employee), New Milford, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: we had two brakes as well as a lunch break.
Cons: the breaks were short...
A typical day of work a Stop and Shop would include going out into the lot to collect carts to bring back inside, helping customers load heavy groceries into their vehicles as well as helping them in the bottle room, my co workers were very friendly and would help me when I was just starting but eventually I got the hang of it.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), 2975 Richmond Ave, Staten Island, New YorkFebruary 25, 2015
Cashier
How to use cash register, managing customers, how to use Self-Scan
Management was very fair
Got along with every co-workers
Dealing with unruly customers.
The people i work with.
fun place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, MAFebruary 23, 2015
I would typically get into work after my first job around 4-5, and start loading tables and making sure that product is being rotated. Some nights involved changing end caps and printing new signs for the next sales week. At the end of the night I would clean up and make sure the department in ready for the next day.
Great Co-workers, not enough hours per week
GM Associate (Current Employee), South Attleboro, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, taken whenever
Cons: not enough hours
The job itself if pretty simple. I enjoy interacting with the customers and my co-workers; they make working fun. However, working with 15 hours a week isn't ideal.
Working with Customers and Associates
Associate (Current Employee), Putnam, CTFebruary 21, 2015
Stock shelves, interact with customers and associates to assist customers and help managers with other projects within the store.

Enjoy helping the customers. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
its productive and a safe place
Seafood & Meat clerk (Former Employee), Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: unioun
Cons: short breaks
i clean work with employes and customers i break down pallets of food for the departments i learned how to use the machines and how to put diffrent items out for sale. im very easy to get along with i like to bring postive energy to the work place and treat my employees with politeness. most enjoybable part of the job is a job well done on my own behalf.
Good job for the temporary future.
Cashier (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: convenience, willingness to work around schedule
Cons: low pay, sub-par benefits.
This job is well suited for those who attend school full-time or engage in a vocational program. The union benefits were very useful and in the best interest of the employee when I began working there, but over time they began to decrease noticeably.
Great place to work very easy going with a lot of friendly people
produce clerk (Current Employee), Raynham MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: friendly people good work environment
Cons: short breaks a lot of things that need to be done in such a short time
A typical day at work would be me going out on the produce floor and making a list of the items that need to be restocked after that i would go in the back room and depending on what needs to be done i might cut fruit for the fruit bar or clean the back room. my co workers are the best ones ive ever had at a job a lot of friendly people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping customers find what they need and the hardest part would be trying not to clean everything.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Salaries

$130,000 per year

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos

WORK IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
WORK WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE
Great place to work and make new friends