Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

Great job to have while attending school.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamden, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: easy place to work and fit in.
Cons: short breaks, stressful costumers.
A typical day at work as a cashier is mostly customer service. For most of the day your dealing with either customers or co-workers. All the managers there are very helpful and easy to talk to. Theres a chance you can run into a bad customer here and there but for the most part everyone is extremely friendly.
it;s a job
Grocery Bagger / Customer Service / Cart Retriever (Current Employee), Holyoke, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: taking care of each customer & leaving a smile on the face, for a pleasent shopping experience
Cons: were understaffed for the front end of our supermarket most times of the day, and have to work that much harder
Always bagging groceries, ,retrieving grocery carts, greeting each customer with a smile happy face, interacting with the customers. I'm also a porter, and take care of glass, bottle, and can recycling machines, Picking up spills on the floor, and changing trash barrel bags. I'm always every day doing a lot of multi tasking in a most of the time fast paced environment. I enjoy interacting with my fellow co-workers in all departments.
I sit in a metal box and help people get gasoline.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee), ConnecticutNovember 19, 2014
Cons: some breaks are not covered so i don't get them.
A typical day at work starts with punching in for my shift at the main store then driving over to the gas station. Once at the gas station I have to sign in on a sheet of paper then do a till balance if I immediately take over the register. If I do not take over the register then I sit on a stool. I also go outside to help customers pump their gas if they need assistance. If I open the gas station then I take the extinguishers back out to their appropriate locations, take the spill kits outside, count the money in the register, set up the bag for Dunbar, and do the checklist to make sure all equipment is working properly and all the paper are up to date. If I close then I do a register till count and leave only $300 in the drawer. Also, I clean the lot and clean the inside of the kiosk.
I have learned how to deal with customers who do not understand how to follow instructions that are on a screen.
The managers in the store are good and are helpful when we need help. The gas station manager is not helpful and tells us how we are suppose to clean but does not actually clean herself.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gas station manager and customers who don't know how to pump gas.
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is being able to work with my friends and seeing all the dogs that customers bring with them.
Productive & Great Customer Service
Customer Service Associate & Cashier (Current Employee), Swampscott, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: five percent discount and union
Cons: short breaks and short shifts
Working at stop and shop is a great place to work for. The days go by fast and fun with all the great employees and customer's. I learn new things everyday. Working at The service desk has taught me many new things like processing western unions and money orders. All the manager's there are very reasonable and understanding. They treat all employees with the same respect the would like to receive in return. The hardest part about this job sometimes has to be dealing with the unhappy customer's but thats the best part of this job also because you can turn there problem right around and have them be satisfied.
A good temporary part time job
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk/Porter (Current Employee), North Kingstown, RINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay isn't great, most managers want you to do way more than what you're paid for
I have worked at this location since its opening in March 2007, many people have come and gone in that time period. What I can say is that my general experience has gone up and down over the years depending on management and department heads. The benefits are really good for a part time job but the pay is not
didnt really like my position
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
I work in the freezer so I was cold very often. want to change my position but they wouldn't let me
fun place to work
night crew storker (Former Employee), Quincy, NHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: hours
great management staff
co worker where great all team players
hours
All around retail experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2014
Budgeting, Planning, Training, Scheduling, Auditing and executing all while maintaining high customer service standards and increasing sales. I have been exposed to many facets of the corporation. I have gained tools that I can carry with me to any company. The hardest part of the job are the long hours. The best part of the job are the great people I get to work with everyday.
A good part time job to gain work experience.
Peapod Shopping Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2014
A typical day day at work consists of:

- Visually checking product quality and freshness
- Customer service, answering telephones, and data entry
- Identifying out of stock items for supervisor
- Achieving productivity goals in a very fast-paced environment
- Assisting in Maintaining a clean work area
- Paying strong attention to detail, with the ability to multitask

I also learned valuable knowledge and experience that I will be able to carry with me into future ventures. The management and co workers were friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of this job was the frequent change of hours and time schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was placing the customers needs first and the friendly people that I encountered along with the valuable experience and skills I earned while working here.
Great place for first time job
Cash Clerk (Former Employee), Peabody, MANovember 15, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: standing all day long
Helping customers find products and checking them out in a timely manner
productive and great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYNovember 15, 2014
Stop and Shop gives great benefits and has been a great experience.
small company.
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTNovember 15, 2014
Pros: full time job.
Cons: i cannot think of any.
Nice place to work. Had half day every other Friday which was nice.
Greeting a customer with a friendly hello and smile.
Front-end Manager (Former Employee), Inwood, NYNovember 14, 2014
Pros: getting a coffee break.
Cons: not being able to go home on time.
Cashing out the customer and collecting pay for merchandise.

How to handled money.

Friendly and to easy to talk with.

Happy to help out when I get into a jammed.

When a customer is being rude.

Taking a much needed break.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
i worked for duncin donuts, and it was quite busy and always short staff.
enjoyable working environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 12, 2014
it was so fun and enjoyable days to work.i love to help peoples,mostle older peoples to lift things,finding thier thing neede,loading to their cars..
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Hyde Park, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation day.
Cons: no healthcare.
Put cardboard in to baler to be crush,throw trash in to the trash compactor,pickup leftover inventory off floor,fill water,etc.
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Paltz, NYNovember 10, 2014
Typical days included stocking products, fresh cut fruit section, and organization of deliveries.
you wii not be disoppointed
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 10, 2014
Pros: are having good people around you.
Cons: not having enough time to make sure that all the customers are satisfied.
very good place to shop.everyone pride them self on being clean and making sure every one is satisfied.
Good people easy work
Night Crew Chief (Current Employee), Manchester, CTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: retail
Not a bad company to work for. A typical day at work is I get in set up for the night and just get to work. Very repetitive job but not always a bad thing, allows you to become the best at what you do. Many opportunities to move up and can make a decent wage for not having any college degree.
Not healthy.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Oceanside New YorkNovember 9, 2014
Cons: poor management
There was too many issues with the employees there causing them to argue most of the time.

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos