Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop and Shop Supermarket Employer Reviews

STOP AND SHOP
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Revere, MANovember 4, 2014
Pros: awesome
Cons: cool
a typical day at work starts off by clocking in, going to a register, making trasactions, then leaving.
floral associate
Floral Associate (Former Employee), Westborough, MassachusettsNovember 1, 2014
Pros: pleasent working environment
Cons: frequent hour cuts
arranged floral bouquets and seasonal decorations
attended to daily tasks with upkeep on flowers and decorations
completed tasks efficiently and on most days on own
inflated baloons for aprty needs
Challenging yet enjoyable job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: gained social skills to interact with many different people
Cons: not very respecting of school schedule
A typical day at work includes transactions, refunds, exchanges, on cash register, handling customer complaints, questions, problems, and concerns, assisting checkout manager to run front end registers, balancing cash register at the end of my shift, selling New York lottery tickets, and processing Western Union money transfers. I've learned how to interact with various types of people. My managers are friendly and make work an enjoyable environment. My co-workers are fun and help the work day go by quickly. The hardest part of my job is helping the most aggrevated customers leave the store satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I made the customer happy with their shopping experience despite possibly having an issue with my co-workers, the product, price, or various other problems.
Strong company
GM Manager (Current Employee), Roxbury, MAOctober 28, 2014
Good company to work for, I have learned a lot working there.
Pleasant work environment.
GROCERY FRONT END CLERK (Former Employee), Bristol and WatertownOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great staff.
Customer assistance and helping co-workers and company grow.
great place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 23, 2014
A typical workday would be coming in and slicing meat for customers. Sometimes i would have stock the shelves. Management was very reasonable and outgoing. Loved the co workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and putting a smile on their face.
Clueless management
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), North Attleboro, MAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, unsatisfying work, constantly juggling other people's work, not enough hours, low pay
My typical day at work involves this: start my job, be sent to another department, help cashier, be given another department, receive a complaint that my original job has not been done. This happens every day while working 20 hours or less weekly (not by choice). It's so bad that some employees in the past have done tasks like clean toilets and then be sent to the bake shop to prepare food. While the store lowers some prices (or pretends to - this happens), they skyrocket other prices. I feel like I deceive customers daily and for very low pay with no hope of advancement. Management doesn't understand why they're losing out to stores like Market Basket. Work/life balance isn't terrible; employees can take off whatever days they need, but management looks down on having the same day off every week, so scheduling things can be hard.
fun work place with great management
cashier/suppervisor/florist clerk/ florist manger (Former Employee), Arlington MaOctober 22, 2014
my work day was anything but typical but that's what I liked about my job, It was challenging and engaging. I loved designing floral arrangements but best of all I loved talking to the customers getting to know them and their needs. Often times the customers that I talked to I have known for years . My day would begin by checking and taking in product by outside vendors ordering product, getting invoices doing balances and checks , writing out work schedules, going to dept head meetings. The management team was very supportive and answered questions. my co workers were great, they would help me and each other when needed , the hardest part about my job was sometimes doing the necessary paper work that took away time from talking to my customers .
Company with much experience in sales and marketing
Head Cashier & Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Haskell, NJOctober 22, 2014
Typical days included dealing with customer problems, money handling, assisting cashiers, supervising the front end and answering phones. I learned a great deal about costumer service and how to satisfy peoples' needs.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Levittown, NYOctober 20, 2014
took care of children
learned to be more patient because every child has different needs
took care of daily work needed
my coworkers were great. Still friends
The hardest part was saying bye to the kids as they left
Enjoyed every part of being around kids
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Granby, CTOctober 19, 2014
Customer service based job, solving problems, counting money, attending to everyone's needs, multitasking.
Good place to work with excellent coworkers
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), North Attleboro, MAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: medical benefits and paid vacation plus paid sick and personal days
Cons: few raises and little opportunity for job advancement
A typical day at work was just me and my coworkers loading the shelves and making sure that everything looked good. We also had to communicate with customers by helping them with their questions and requests. My department manager is great guy and I will never find someone else like him. He's understanding and very flexible with scheduling. My co-workers are like anyone else. Some are good and some are bad. For the most part, we all make a pretty good team. The hardest part about my job is cleaning up after someone's mess. It usually has gotten worse by the time I got there. The best part about my job are the people I work with.
friendly atmosphere
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 17, 2014
Pros: allowed extra hours to work
Cons: discount sucks
i really enjoyed working with my manager I enjoyed interacting with the diverse group of customers I came in contact with.
I would not want to work for stop and shop again
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Belchertown, MAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: short breaks, no breaks, cutting hours and benefits, unfair treatment of employees
Not the best place to work. Have to deal with unfair bosses and angry customers. They dont have enough coverage where needed and dont know how to treat their employees.
• Greet customers as they arrive at the store & provide them with information about products and/or services.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wayne, NJOctober 16, 2014
• Resolve customer complaints in a proactive manner.
EDUCATION
decent/beginner job
CASHIER, FREEZER (Former Employee), Hyde Park, NYOctober 16, 2014
• Freezer/Grocery: Unloaded stock, replenished inventory, took down expired and damaged goods, operated forklift to transfer heavy bulks
• Cashier: assisted customers at check out, bagged items, helped some customers bring groceries to their vehicle, operated bottle room and recycle machines
Good
Night Crew Cashier (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Stop and Shop. I worked third shift and the third shift workers were friendly.
All around great company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: union job, appreciates their workers
Cons: short shifts, no benefits, hard to obtain full time status
Stop & Shop was one of my first jobs. When I was hired I did not expect to be with the company as long as I have. I just hit my 8 year anniversary with this company. Most days I am a cashier. However, I have been trained in several other departments as well. I learned them quickly and efficiently. It is very hard to advance into a full time position with this company. When a full time position opens up it is first offered to associates who are already full time. 9 out of 10 times the position is accepted by an associate from another store.
I enjoy the business of this job. There is always something to be done. There is never a dull moment. Good deeds do not go unnoticed. If you have done something exceptional, you will be complimented on your job.
Not great
Produce Clerk, Customer Service (Current Employee), Medford, nyOctober 14, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: management, no motivation, no advancement
Work days are ok. Not challenging.
You don't learn much, but you can become more familiar with products.
Management is mostly disrespectful and rude.
Co- workers can either be great or very lazy and unmotivated.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the management and unmotivated co-workers.
Enjoyable parts of the job is learning about products and satisfying customers needs.
Starter Job
Cashier (Former Employee), North ProvidenceOctober 14, 2014
Poor wages, treated poorly. Employees are in and out in high frequency

About Stop and Shop Supermarket

Stop & Shop operates over 375 stores throughout 7 states including: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, – Read more

Stop and Shop Supermarket Photos