StopTheHacker is a young SaaS software company within the security space. We have shipping products, paying customers, exciting development plans and are expanding our team of exceptional developers. We are looking for an individual to lead our web applications development efforts.
What kind of a person are we looking for:
Do you get excited about PHP and Python? Enjoy the Zend Framework? Prefer MySQL / Apache? Dream about load balancing architectures and API design? Join in us in changing the face of the web security world. You'll love our team! We are looking for a full-time senior web applications programmer to head our front end including our website, APIs and much more.
At StopTheHacker, you'll be part of our small team of dedicated engineers who will shape the product and direction of our technology. You’ll be anything but a programming drone, we want you to participate in design discussions, voice your opinion about the technical choices we make and of course build out systems, APIs, new features, improve and optimize existing codebase and more. We are a very motivated bunch of technical people and are considered one of the leading providers of website security and web-malware detection. You'll be working with security enthusiasts, PHP lovers, python programmers and of course business people who have had experience in the security industry. We will not be providing massages like Google, but will buy you yummy lunches for on time delivery of milestones.
The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with a diverse skill set including strong communications skills. Candidate must have team leadership abilities with a desire to do daily hands-on work. Candidate will also be able to wear multiple hats and be willing to interface with prospects, clients, and industry partners.
StopTheHacker is located in San Francisco. We're a tight knit team of web security evangelists and practitioners. We are a young company, with series A funding, looking to disrupt the web security market with our awesome SaaS products and effective business strategy. 6,000 websites get blacklisted every day, the market for web security and malware detection on websites is huge. The web-malware detection scene will evolve just like the AV world, from 5% of PCs being protected in the 90s to more than 95% today. Join us in riding the wave for web-malware detection services.
- Developed a web application using an MVC framework
- Experienced PHP OOP programmer (2+ years experience minimum)
- Experience using Zend Framework
- Experienced using source control tools i.e. SVN
- Knowledge of NVP and RESTful API design
- Experience using Linux as a user i.e. Ubuntu
- Some experience writing shell scripts i.e. bash, crontabs
- Some experience programming in other languages: i.e. python
- Experience with the Trac project management system
- Used google APIs i.e. visualization
- Knowledge of Memcache, Membase
- Experience in iPhone App/Facebook app development
- Experience with puppet/chef similar frameworks
- This is a full-time position. Working remotely is an option.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job! Sending a resume and cover letter would be best. Send email to (a. ban er jee@stop the hacke r.com) [remove spaces]
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial
- Aggressive market based compensation, Early-stage stock options
Location: Ideally San Francisco, but remote candidates will be considered.
Recruitment Timeframe: Ideally Jan 2012.