Please read this posting thoroughly before applying for the opening. A cover letter must accompany your resume.
One of Florida's finest self-storage companies has an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager at its Merritt Island location. This position is full-time and pays $10.00 to $12.00 per hour based on skill set and experience. Included with this hourly wage is health, dental, and optical benefits. You will start accruing vacation and personal time 90 days after employment. You also have the opportunity to participate in the company's 401K program after 6 months of employment. There is also an incentive program that you'll be able to participate in.
The Assistant Manager Position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the storage facility. This includes the rental/sales of storage units, customer service, answering the phone professional, accounts receivable, calling delinquent customers, marketing, maintenance, cleaning storage units, upkeep of the facility, and most importantly being a team player.
Qualifications of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Working weekends is required.
- Multi-tasking and managing your day-to-day responsibilities independently or with little supervision.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ability to travel to the bank and post office. A valid driver's license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required.
- You will be required to work outside in inclement weather to maintain the integrity of the facility.
- The handling of cash.
- Physical activity will be required to maintain the facility. Cleaning of vacant storage units can be very dirty work. Possible lifting of 50lbs.
- Accurate filing and record keeping are very important.
Our company is looking to grow in the future and we want this candidate to grow with us. Our hope is that this individual will be able to manage a self-storage facility for us in the future. We are a drug free work environment so a drug test is required. We also perform a background test.
To help us understand how your skill set and the $10.00 to $12.00 per hour wage and benefits work for you; please address this in the e-mail or the cover letter that you send. This will help determine who really is a candidate for our open Assistant Manager position. Only interested candidates apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the above e-mail address. Thank you.