Stormont-Vail Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, faced paced
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 7, 2017
I love working there, lots of cool people and co workers. Great work environment. They take care of their own. There was a time where I was out for a month and they made sure I still had my job when I returned
Pros
Good people, nice managers
Cons
Short breaks
Love my work family
LPN (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 10, 2017
At Stormont Vail you have opportunity for advancement, working along side some of the top nurses in their class. Great work environment with time for family & a great career.
Great place to work!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work! I've been a Phlebotomist at Stormont for almost 3 years and prior to that 1.5 years in their cafeteria. Stormont really gives several opportunities for advancement. I have found my calling in phlebotomy. I work on the first shift and have to say my supervisor is by far THE ABSOLUTE BEST supervisor around!! The hours are fantastic (0530-1400), the pay is pretty good.. could be a little bit better for the job we do and the work is very hard in the beginning.. but once you get the hang of it, it's like clockwork and becomes so easy! I go to bed each night ready for the next morning. When I wake up I am ready to get my workday started! I have made a family from my phlebotomy co workers. Really.. of pre the negative reviews. They are just mad that they failed at the job at hand, because Stormont, especially the lab, is a great place to work!
The best place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 15, 2016
I started at the hospital when I was 13 years of age as a summer volunteer. It was by far the best job I've had. I loved the customers, the staff, even the management.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
sometimes it was sad because of the customers
Great hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 10, 2016
Very busy hospital. Great staff. Decent management. Very involved in the community. Great, competitive pay. Great benefits. Always room for advancements.
Great in some ways
PCT (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 22, 2016
I have been a PCT in the PACU for 6 years. It is the greatest place to work. I did work in Pre-Op and I hated it. The nurses there were not very helpful. I left Pre-Op after I got pregnant with my son. I was very sick and the nurses were no help. I then went to Spine Center and it was way worse. Most of the nurses except for two that were former PCT's were of no help. Sometimes, I would have the whole floor which was 13 patients. Then on top of that nurses that were not helpful. I came to learn that a lot of nurses love that RN title so much that they forget the whole reason they became nurses. Overall, PACU was and still is the best place I've worked at Stormont.
Pros
Great staff, a little bit of down time
Cons
Politics
enjoyable place to work with wonderful people
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TopekCa,T KSJuly 9, 2016
Excellent care at Stormont Vail and the people are great to work with..Learned compassion and always to do my best...Working with patients and giving them care was most enjoyable..I worked at Cotton-Oneil Clinic for 20 years...working with wonderful people made the job fun.
Pros
enjoyed the pharmacutical luncheons and meeting the Reps
Cons
excellent care giving
pre-post op
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66604May 3, 2016
Very fast paced unit. Was able to learn about many different kinds of surgical procedures. Liked working with the physicians there.
Pros
worked with a great bunch of people who I consider family
Cons
parking is at a minimum
No job security
RN (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 13, 2016
I agree with previous posts. If they don't like you for whatever reason, they will push you out. I was told that I wasn't meeting expectations (even though my reviews were good) and was told that I would do better in another department and they would transfer me. I realized that no matter what I did it the situation wasn't going to improve. So, I agreed to transfer. Then, they presented a paper saying I was resigning, I was reassured that I had to "resign my position, not the hospital" in order for them to transfer me. After reluctantly signing, I was told to go home and "good luck applying for another position". I applied to other positions and rejected without interviews.
benefits
Cons
clique, poor management
Awesome Place To Work
Certified Nurse Aide/Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 22, 2016
Stormont-Vail is an awesome place to work. Very fast paced but quality of care is excellent. I would recommend them as an employer to anyone that would ask. I only left there to work at my last job in hopes of one day owning the company when our boss retired.

Want to know more about Stormont-Vail Healthcare?

Ask a question
Great place to work with lots of opportunity
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KansasOctober 15, 2015
Major healthcare organization with many opportunities for employees to excel. Showing continual growth and they care for their employees.
Pros
Comptetitive Pay and Benefits
Cons
Not a healthy place to work
Inpatient Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 13, 2015
Many employees had spoken to the management beyond our area about the concerns with management and care of clients. These were ignored.

They abolished our positions, so the job did not feel secure. We worked every-other-weekend. When we worked a weekend we did not have two days off in a row, which was really difficult to maintain connection in personal life.

When hired I was told there would be rotating weekends every 3-4 weeks. Be cautious if accepting a job at this agency.
cliqueish
RN (Former Employee) –  Pre AccessApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed my position working in pre access and I was very quality and detail oriented which was necessary to ensure the patient received correct care. Look out... If you're not "one of them" and they want to get rid of you they'll find a way and then deny you for unemployment. I worked there for 8 years and within the last 6 months, we lost 2 nurses to retirement which left 2 nurses to do the work of 4! Those 2 nurses weren't replaced! Always finding more work for less staff! To me, bottom line was $$$.
Pros
Basically a decent company, but look out for some of the staff.
Cons
Unable to get away from desk, except for bathroom breaks.
great benefits but terrible people to work for
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  topeka ksDecember 17, 2014
Started out working in the cafeteria then left to join the lab. I was royally screwed by the director and my supervisors.I was forced to quit due to the fact that I was not able to be perfect all the time and the managers favored other people more alot and expected me to kiss their butts and demanded unreasonable things from me. The girls are all two faced and will go out of their way to make you miserable.Very difficult people to work with overall.The work itself is not easy and gets worse.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
bad people to work with for the most part
Great place
Pre-Reg Analyst (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2014
I work with BC denials for now I enjoy the work I do just want to move up
High-energy, fast-paced Acute Care Unit
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 26, 2013
High-acuity patients
Collaboration with Health Care Team
Room for advancement and recognition
Outstanding co-workers and level of professionalism
Pros
Team building
Excellent Patient Care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 3, 2013
I currently work as a PCT where the typical patient load is seven patients, however that may be more or less depending on patient census and staffing. I work on a Med-Surg unit with fantastic staff that provide support when needed, are prepared and able to handle a variety of healthcare situations.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 4, 2013
Take vital sign document and walk the patient after surgery. record input and output and assis with adl's
Stormont-Vail is a great place to work! I had great co-workers and enjoyed my job.
Clinical Secretary- 36 hrs/wk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 4, 2013
Stormont-Vail values there employees and works together as a team. I would recommend anyone to work there. The people are great and work very well as a team.
I enjoyed working for Stormont-Vail Healthcare
Urology Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 14, 2013
I enjoyed working for Stormont-Vail and Cotton O'Neil clinic. I left that position for an emergency medicine position. I really enjoy working in an emrgency/ acute care setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stormont-Vail Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2