Stormont-Vail Healthcare

Stormont-Vail Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great place
Pre-Reg Analyst (Current Employee), Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2014
I work with BC denials for now I enjoy the work I do just want to move up
High-energy, fast-paced Acute Care Unit
Nurse (Former Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 26, 2013
Pros: team building
Cons: long hours
High-acuity patients
Collaboration with Health Care Team
Room for advancement and recognition
Outstanding co-workers and level of professionalism
Excellent Patient Care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 3, 2013
I currently work as a PCT where the typical patient load is seven patients, however that may be more or less depending on patient census and staffing. I work on a Med-Surg unit with fantastic staff that provide support when needed, are prepared and able to handle a variety of healthcare situations.
PCT
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSSeptember 4, 2013
Take vital sign document and walk the patient after surgery. record input and output and assis with adl's
Stormont-Vail is a great place to work! I had great co-workers and enjoyed my job.
Clinical Secretary- 36 hrs/wk (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 4, 2013
Stormont-Vail values there employees and works together as a team. I would recommend anyone to work there. The people are great and work very well as a team.
I enjoyed working for Stormont-Vail Healthcare
Urology Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 14, 2013
I enjoyed working for Stormont-Vail and Cotton O'Neil clinic. I left that position for an emergency medicine position. I really enjoy working in an emrgency/ acute care setting.
Organized and well-staffed hospital that puts patient care first
Emergency Department, Senior Capstone (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 30, 2013
As the place of my senior capstone, I was able to develop and build nursing skills while working with a very helpful healthcare team. I enjoyed the fast-pace of the Emergency Department and the variety of skills the job requires.
About the job
Registrar (CV Service Line/ Full time) (Former Employee), Topeka, KSDecember 13, 2012
Pros: hour long lunches.
Cons: sitting behind a desk all day.
Stormont is a great place to work. While benefits are nice, the staff are also great to work with. There are always friendly people to say hello, and someone to ask for help if needed. There was always something new to be learned. I would recommend a job with Stormont Vail.
Cashier, Greeter (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 28, 2012
Patients were all very kind and didn't mind my fast paced working. Always enjoyable.
Stormont-PCT
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 5, 2012
Pros: good co-workers, always need for pcts to pick up hours.
Cons: couldn't ever get an interview for peds unit or nicu.
Good place to work, a various type of floors with different patients needs, great co-workers and management.
Stormont Vail Health Care System
Wound Care physician (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2012
I have found that that Stormont Vail Health Care is a very upfront company. They have treated me well with open arms. The hospital is very forward thinking and is pressing hard to become the leading facility in the region.
The patients are only a number
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 26, 2012
Pros: getting to know new people
Cons: not about the patients, lack of breaks, lack of helpfulness
I really enjoyed my job as a PCT, getting to help people in thier time of need, getting to know and meet new peopple day to day. Most of the staff was easy to get along with but difficult to work with. As a PCT you get verry little assistance from the nurses and hardly any breaks (your lucky to get a full 30 minute luch break). It's such a big hospital – more... no that patients don't get effective care because upper management pusehes timely and unnecessary paper work on staff. – less
Great place to indipendtly work
Social Work Student (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMay 15, 2012
This place allows you to work on a multidisciplinary team but work independently at your own pace.
In the area in which I worked, I felt like the people were stuffy, unfriendly, and a bit snooty.
RN Case Manager Clerk (Former Employee), Topeka, KSApril 30, 2012
I arrived at work at 6 a.m. to ready the day for the RN Case Managers. I completed reports of various kinds, did whatever the Case Managers asked of me.
I did not particularly enjoy this job or the hospital itself. It was dark and gloomy for the most part. I would not work at Stormont-Vail again if I could help it.
Wide range of areas to work
LPN (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 28, 2012
Pros: having more days off was nice
Cons: but when i became a single mom, the long hours (12 hrs) became a problem.
I truly liked worked in the Birth Place, since you worked 3 days and off 4. It was amazing to teach a new mom about how to care for her baby and see her understand and get comfortable with her baby.
I also enjoyed working at the Pediatric Doctor office and encountering so many different people and personalities.

About Stormont-Vail Healthcare

Stormont-Vail HealthCare helps to take care of the health of residents in northeastern Kansas. Its facilities include the 590-bed – Read more