Stowe Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Maybe with new ownership opportunities will change
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTDecember 17, 2017
Such a big establishment with with so many different improvements happening the last 4 years, it seams that management has had a lot on their plate with not a lot of consistency in staff and employment positions.
seasonal position
Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTOctober 11, 2017
Fair treatment, easy job. Difficult when weather was cold. Adequate break time and days off. Good management. Good discounts on retail merchandise and free skiing.
Pros
steady work
Cons
weather
Excellent mountain, clean up kept environment
Terrain Park Groomer (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTSeptember 14, 2017
My time at Stowe was probably the best i've ever had in a resort job. First time in my history that i've enjoyed working with everyone of my co workers. The equipment is all maintained nicely and updated yearly. If you're on the fence about working here, go for it.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great pay
Cons
expensive cost of living in town
Good Co workers
Boot Technician (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTSeptember 11, 2017
Stowe Was an ok place to work. I had a good boss, the free pass was great, and I liked my Co Workers, because they were interesting. The job was mediocre and the place itself was aloof.
Exciting rewarding and fun
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTAugust 23, 2017
I learned a lot about how working hard and having a positive attitude can make all the difference in your job experience. This was a great experience and taught me a lot.
Great place to get a job in
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTJune 13, 2017
Stowe mountain resort offers full and part time positions in the field of your choosing. Great place to get a job indoors or outdoors during the winter months.
Skiing
Terrain Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTApril 25, 2017
Seeing as i was on my skis for the my entire job, this was one of the most fun jobs that i have ever had. Coworkers and customers alike are all in good moods.
Awesome
Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  VermontDecember 30, 2016
Very big hotel great staff comfortable working when busy boss joine in to let work go faster I enjoy working there although I was a seasonal worker..love it
Pros
Lunch was free when i was there
Cons
You get break
One of the best mountain Resorts in the East
Rental Technician, Mansfield Shop (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTMarch 16, 2016
During my two seasons at Stowe I was able to advance my knowledge of ski tuning and repair, which is an interest of mine. Everyone shared a passion for shredding the mountain, so it was great place to work with like minded people.
Pros
Pizza on the house during busy periods
Cons
less motivated co workers
productive, organized, fun and safe works envirnment
Server (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTJune 26, 2015
A typical day at work started with setting tables, prepping sides and cleaning. I learned time management skills, organization, conflict resolution and communication. respectful towards management, fun, friendly comfortable work environment. co-workers were very motivation and respectful. The hardest part of the job was riding up the chair lift on -40 mornings. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with friendly fun co-workers and management, was a great work environment non stressful.
Pros
free seasonal pass, free lunch, beautiful mountain
Cons
seasonal job
A Typical Day
Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at work was the most enjoyable part of the job. My co-workers taught me everyday.
Positive work environment with excellent crew
Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work required standing outside to monitor ski gates and pass holder through electronic means. The days are quick, and the work area is positive.
Great Wedding experience
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTDecember 21, 2013
Stowe VT was a beautiful place to work after going to school in VT. I was responsible for weddings, conferences and work events.
Fun, productive place.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTAugust 11, 2013
This has become a very respected ski resort and that is because of the management team and the employees work so well together. The all do great work and have great ethics.
Good work environment
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Stowe, VTMay 24, 2013
-Worked 7:30-4:30 operating ski lifts
-customer service
-Great managers
-Good co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme weather conditions
-Most enjoyable part of the job was working at a beautiful resort and enjoying snowboarding on breaks
Pros
Snowboard Breaks
Cons
Extreme Weather conditions
Great relaxing Winter Season
Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTMarch 20, 2013
Having fun While working... Can't beat it. Lower and mid level management were great!
Mountainside Resort
Front Office Supervisor/Lead Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTOctober 10, 2012
• Acted as the lead sales and customer service position for lodging reservations and Stowe Mountain Resort products and services.
• Provided Supervisor-On-Duty coverage including management of the staff’s daily duties and communications for the Reservations, Front Desk and Maintenance areas.
• Oversaw reservation tasks; selling techniques, account deposit processing, the online reservation system and assisted in the training and continuing education of employees.
• Handled additional responsibilities and special projects as requested by Lodging Management and maintained an open channel of communication with other related departments. Worked cross functionally throughout the resort.