Stowe Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Skiing
Terrain Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTApril 25, 2017
Seeing as i was on my skis for the my entire job, this was one of the most fun jobs that i have ever had. Coworkers and customers alike are all in good moods.
Awesome
Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  VermontDecember 30, 2016
Very big hotel great staff comfortable working when busy boss joine in to let work go faster I enjoy working there although I was a seasonal worker..love it
Pros
Lunch was free when i was there
Cons
You get break
One of the best mountain Resorts in the East
Rental Technician, Mansfield Shop (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTMarch 16, 2016
During my two seasons at Stowe I was able to advance my knowledge of ski tuning and repair, which is an interest of mine. Everyone shared a passion for shredding the mountain, so it was great place to work with like minded people.
Pros
Pizza on the house during busy periods
Cons
less motivated co workers
productive, organized, fun and safe works envirnment
Server (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTJune 26, 2015
A typical day at work started with setting tables, prepping sides and cleaning. I learned time management skills, organization, conflict resolution and communication. respectful towards management, fun, friendly comfortable work environment. co-workers were very motivation and respectful. The hardest part of the job was riding up the chair lift on -40 mornings. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with friendly fun co-workers and management, was a great work environment non stressful.
Pros
free seasonal pass, free lunch, beautiful mountain
Cons
seasonal job
A Typical Day
Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at work was the most enjoyable part of the job. My co-workers taught me everyday.
Positive work environment with excellent crew
Gate Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work required standing outside to monitor ski gates and pass holder through electronic means. The days are quick, and the work area is positive.
Great Wedding experience
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTDecember 21, 2013
Stowe VT was a beautiful place to work after going to school in VT. I was responsible for weddings, conferences and work events.
Fun, productive place.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTAugust 11, 2013
This has become a very respected ski resort and that is because of the management team and the employees work so well together. The all do great work and have great ethics.
Good work environment
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Stowe, VTMay 24, 2013
-Worked 7:30-4:30 operating ski lifts
-customer service
-Great managers
-Good co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme weather conditions
-Most enjoyable part of the job was working at a beautiful resort and enjoying snowboarding on breaks
Pros
Snowboard Breaks
Cons
Extreme Weather conditions
Mountainside Resort
Front Office Supervisor/Lead Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTOctober 10, 2012
• Acted as the lead sales and customer service position for lodging reservations and Stowe Mountain Resort products and services.
• Provided Supervisor-On-Duty coverage including management of the staff’s daily duties and communications for the Reservations, Front Desk and Maintenance areas.
• Oversaw reservation tasks; selling techniques, account deposit processing, the online reservation system and assisted in the training and continuing education of employees.
• Handled additional responsibilities and special projects as requested by Lodging Management and maintained an open channel of communication with other related departments. Worked cross functionally throughout the resort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stowe Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5