Straight Forward Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with flexible hours
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 13, 2016
Great job for individuals who are just starting in sales and need a flexible schedule. They offer compensation for sales and have contests and competitions for their employees. I it is a fun place to work.
Pros
Pot Lucks, Contests, Drawings, Flexible
Cons
Confusion between Management roles
Fast paced enviorment with incentives
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI 54703December 1, 2016
calling previous customers offering them a special reactivation rate. I learned that out-bound call services are not for me. The management was very helpful and informative.my co-workers were helpful and encouraging, hardest part of job was making sales or keeping my call times up. Most enjoyable part was listening to customers rants and stories.
Pros
Learning experiance, an income at the time.
Cons
People do not like telemarketers.
Straight Forward in Menomonie, WI.
Telesales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work on the call floor consists of you either taking in bound or outbound calls constantly and working to establish new business relationships with clients. Efficient use of your time is key if you want to make your quota in sales performance which determines whether or not you receive incentives and bonuses.This creates friendly competition with your fellow co-workers.
Your supervisors and your manager are very effective at assisting through difficulties while you are making calls.
Before you are allowed to make sales calls for a new promotion, it is mandatory that you attend their training sessions. I not only became familiarized with telesales software and product and service details, I learned effective communication skills which I was able to put together to make effective sales strategies.
Pros
fun work environment and competitive pay
Cons
unpleasant phone calls
Fun place to work with a ton of advancement opportunity
Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Sauk City, WIMay 2, 2016
Great company where they really care about their employees. Fun work environment and management works hard to be sure you are successful in your role. Huge opportunity for advancement as almost 100% of the management was promoted from within. Highly recommend the company.
energetic people and fun enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIApril 21, 2016
i learned how to sell to customers i learned how to key sales, the management was awesome seemed like a big family, the most enjoyable part of the job was when we hit certain goals we got benefits and rewards for our hard work.
Pros
break room, promtions, benefits.
Cons
healthcare
awesome management, mentally taxing for some
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 29, 2016
When I worked at SF it was very difficult. I have anxiety problems which made calling angry people very taxing. The management and very relaxed environment did help a lot. The management as well as other employees were some awesome people, always ready to listen and give guidance.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
Job isn't meant for everyone
Probably the worst job I've ever had
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 20, 2015
A typical day would be listening to a lot of voicemails and getting yelled at for not enough sales. It's like elementary school all over again. The sales experience is great, but other than that I do not recommend this company. It has been nothing but trouble since I started and I'm still dealing with it months later.
Pros
Sales Experience
Cons
Management, advancement, the company

Comment – April 11, 2016

Thank you for your feedback - we regret that your experience with customers and fellow sales advisors etc was unpleasant - as with any work, there can be drawbacks. We do encourage a social and fun atmosphere, but as always, to a limit! We commend you for realizing that the sales environment of a call center is not for you, and had we known that the environment was not satisfactory for you, perhaps we could have assisted you in your employment with us. Best of luck in the future, and thank you again for your feedback.

Good experience
Advisor - Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 31, 2016
I love what I do the company overall is a fun and exciting place to work for. It's a nice experience, i have referred people to come work for our team. Ive learned a lot since being employed.
OK place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sauk City, WISeptember 16, 2015
The most enjoyble part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Can be a fun place to work. Management is generally supportive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, few advancement opportunities
Not a great working place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIAugust 6, 2015
I was only there for 2 months working in the Kalahari reservations with Straight Forward. They only trained you for 2 weeks to learn everything, found out it takes at least a month to learn everything. We were promised a raise, I did not receive at all.
Pros
Fun place, wear blue jeans every day
Cons
Management, poor communication

Comment – April 11, 2016

Thank you for your comment here, we appreciate all feedback! We find that if our newly hired advisors stay your first 90 days and learn as much as possible, the level of success that the advisor reaches is higher than they believed they could achieve on day 1. The length of our training programs for our clients is based on what the client recommends for the projects - but we are definitely flexible in offering assistance and further developing the sales advisors skill-set if they feel less confident. Raises and sales bonuses are offered, but each advisor must meet their set scheduled hours (which is self-determined) and basic, obtainable sales goals or quality goals. The base rate increases every three months if your schedule adherance is within goal and you are making an effort.

Meh
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIMarch 7, 2016
Worked there for under two months. I had a medical issue come up. Doctors notes do not work. Once you commit to weekly hours, you HAVE to get that many hours a week in.

So for example, you commit to 40 hours a week.

You have from the beginning until the end of the month to get those 160 hours in. If you don't meet those hours, you'll be let go.
Pros
Casual environment, supportive co-workers
Cons
Sick policies

Comment – April 11, 2016

We have a very detailed progressive improvement plan in place that allows us the opportunity to assist anyone struggling in their role to improve their performance or meet their hours commitments, and become as asset to our company - showing up, working hard, and doing your best all will assure you the hours you need to pay your bills and to increase your sales aptitude by being PRESENT for the honest, caring feedback that is always our intention to deliver. As with any job, call center work is not for everyone - thank you for your feedback, it is surely appreciated and noted!

fun working environment
Telemarketing computer sales (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIAugust 14, 2015
all you do is sit and make calls all day it is fun as far as what i learned was more computer skills and a couple billing systems I had a great management they tried to help anytime you need it as far as co-workers they would also try to help if they could very friendly the hardest part was trying to sell stuff what i liked most was getting to meet new people
Pros
getting to meet new people and working with such friendly people
Cons
sitting and having to deal with rude customers
Fun great place to be, amazing people and culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 17, 2016
I loved worked for Straight Forward. The people are wonderful and the environment was very fun and interactive. This was my first time working in a call center, straight forward changed how i feel about call centers.

Comment – April 11, 2016

Thank you! Changing the image of call centers is our goal everyday. We strive to create a fun, flexible and rewarding atmosphere - your comment helps reinforce that we are getting there!

Fun managment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brodhead, WIJuly 17, 2014
Your days are spent on the phone making sales calls and trying to overcome objections.
The management is great, and approachable.
The hardest part of this job is staying positive after hearing rejections all day.
The most enjoyable part of this job really is the management, they do their best to keep spirits up by interacting with the employees on a daily bases.
Pros
Great management
Cons
no health care benefits at this point in time.
Enjoyable work environment with room for growth
Manager of Development and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 5, 2013
I'm part of the leadership team at Straight Forward and am based in our Eau Claire office. Straight Forward is an ideal place of employment for a wide variety of different folks in the communities we are located. We offer FT and PT positions, evening schedules, growth opportunity and a competitive bonus structure for our advisors. We are currently hiring to fill new business development and have been growing at a consistent rate since we opened our doors in 2009. If you want a challenge and like change then Straight Forward is the perfect place to work.
Pros
Fun Work Environment and co-workers
At first they were very supportive, then they changed
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brodhead, WISeptember 5, 2014
The company really needs to pay their employees what they are worth and make it easy to understand the benefits, Management changed their attitudes on a daily basis, but my co-workers are wonderful and supportive.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stability in the job
Fun and enjoyable.
Sale Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sauk City, WIJanuary 13, 2013
I learn to rebuttle calls and get people interested in products and services that Charter offers. Management is very understanding to your needs and wants. A lot of the co-workers don't have respect for silence or messing around between or while on calls. Day gets long when you can't surf net or anything between calls. Hardest part is asking for a sale multiple times after the customer already says no, well its hard for me when Im not a pushy person. But I do enjoy trying to help my customers save money on their everyday entertainment services.
Pros
get one ten minute paid lunch. if you miss a day can always make up the hours another day.
Cons
rude co-workers and being told you doing wrong in front of everyone instead of being pulled aside.
Work loads vary from day to day in a climate controlled comfort.
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eau Clarie, WisconsinJanuary 24, 2013
Just a basic level of training to work on a very complex accounting system; some customers are very difficult to cope with, and a book of rules is provided. Management is readily to assist with difficult details, but encourage new hires to learn how to function independently with little assistance. Advisors on Inbound calls can qualify to perform their work at home, provided a proven ablitiy to do the work independently, however this is limited to inbound calls only. Performance bonus is constingent on some factors being satisfied across-the-board without exception.
Pros
overtime is limited to evening and weekend hours only; management serve as mentors.
Cons
very little personal freedom, generally a break about every three hours; barely enough parking spaces, but no transit bus service available.
Very easy going work environment that was encouraging of individual success.
Telemarketing sales (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 19, 2015
It was a very relaxed and easy to do job. Management was incredibly fun and personable and some of the most helpful management I've ever had. The people were great to work with and the commission was easy enough to earn. The only thing that hurt the job was that it was a very stale and mundane work experience. It was easy, perhaps too easy, and thus there were never opportunities to learn anything new or advance.
Pros
Very open and helpful scheduling, commission, great management.
Cons
Nothing new to learn after the first 2 weeks.
Very Productive and Family Feeling
Work from Home Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WISeptember 11, 2013
I learned much from this company such as Management, sales, and customer service skills. A typical day at work would consist of supervising the call floor, answer advisers questions, monitoring calls, coaching advisers, handled escalated calls, and trained/updated advisers. The most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly and family feeling the whole workplace felt among the management and the advisers.
Pros
Friendly, Management, Healthcare, Flexible Hours
Cons
low pay, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Straight Forward. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9