Straight Forward Employee Reviews

Rewarded for success, sales, and calls. Blanced pace. Good for static workers.
Telecommunication Adviser (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 10, 2017
Straight forward was a workplace that was competitive and interactive. You would compete with sales against your fellow advisers in the building, as well as local districts and were rewarded for it. An almost exponential pay increase based on your sales and if you maintain your sales you would reap the benefits. Pizza or other prizes if you did well against local districts.
I learned a lot about payment software, customer communication, sales strategies, and following legal/ employer guidelines.
Management was fair and understanding, worked diligently with employees. Training on the spot and could assist with calls when needed.
The hardest part of the job was interacting with customers that couldn't understand me, as well as sitting and staying still for hours on end-- but that is certainly a personal preference. The job also could get very repetitious.
I enjoyed most the ability to interacted with customers on some personal levels and to change there attitude from "no" to getting them products that they felt excited about.
For individuals that like to sit or stand in a static work environment and work competitively with good communication skills this is a good place to work.
Pros
Prizes and Raises based off of sales performance!
Cons
Static, and repetitious
Nice relax company, good environment
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 29, 2017
Straight Forward is a nice and good environment company to work for, relaxing and they also make the job fun by playing games with workers on floor if they make a sale.
It was a fun, and productive place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJune 7, 2017
I wasn't cut out for the sales line of work however it wasn't a bad job at all. Room for advancement, the enviroment was friendly, the schedule was very flexible and the managers were all great.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short breaks, your job depended on sales
Was a flexible job
Customer Service Representative and Sales (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 26, 2017
They worked with my medical needs until I needed to take an extended period of time off and wasn't able to put in as many hours as they wanted towards the end so was given a verbal warning before resigning to another better paying more flexible position was available for the winter season.
Positive call center
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 22, 2017
It was a pretty easy and laid back job. Just calling trying to sale or promotion of Cable, Home phone, Internet. If we got sales then it would add money toward our hourly pay.
Very difficult selling
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 21, 2017
At straight forward you had to sell tv services over the phone it was very difficult most of the time the people hung up on you but when it was easy stuff you got a lot of sales.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
People being rude
Laid back, but serious enviornment
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work consists of calling spectrum customers and trying to upgrade their services.
I leaned, if someone tells you no, you cant give up on the sale, you still have to rebuttal to try and get the customer to say yes
The management team is helpful and serious on the job, but when you get to know your team leads more, you find out they like to have some fun.
The workplace culture is laid back, everybody helps everybody when they need help, especially when the managers are busy helping someone else.
The hardest part of the job is the training for the job. There is so much information obtained in not much time. It was really stressful for about a week, but once the information is retained it gets easier from there.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn how to become a sales person. I feel like everybody should experience this type of job.
Pros
paid 10 min breaks for every four hours you work
Cons
30 min unpaid lunch
Truly the worst mistake of my life
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIMay 8, 2017
High turn over rates, poor management choices, can't maintain positive employees or environment, always losing contracts. The environment in this work place is like the stock market in 2008! Find another employer, they're out there, at least one that cares. This is a company that always responds to critical criticism. Yet they never follow through and change. That's why they have a high turnover rate. You !must meet a monthly quota for sales other wise you have a target on your back in the amount of employment time left!
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
They dock your bonuses based on restroom usage, breaks, meetings. Anything to pay less!
It's a fun place to work with great people.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIMay 5, 2017
It's a great place to work. There's lots of fun bonuses and incentives. The staff and management that you work with is absolutely wonderful. The only bad thing is job security you have to be able to sell stuff or you'll get fired or they will just close on you. Definitely not good is only income. It would be a great second job to make extra income.
Pros
Great bonuses
n/a
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sauk City, WIApril 13, 2017
Wasnt to happy working here although wasnt a bad job they could work on their call list and get new call list and update their customer base.Otherwise everything was good
Friendly Open Call Center
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sauk City, WIApril 10, 2017
Very high paced environment, can be too loud and free at times. Managers are very friendly and open to helping coach employees how to make better, or more sales.
Fun place to work
Sales adviser (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 10, 2017
Graet place overall to work. The managment team is great and understanding. Willing to work around family schedules and still enable you to get 40 hours a week
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working here not just because it was an easy job but the people were very friendly and easy to get a long with. I would recommend someone to this company
A great place to get your feet wet in sales.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Straight forward is a family atmosphere. They take care of their employees and I feel they're always striving to make things better.
Pros
The staff is awesome, flexible hours
Straight Forward is a great atmosphere for work
ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIDecember 26, 2016
Straight Forward was able to offer me many things including health care and other benefits and this was very helpful for me. There is a great team collaboration between Advisers, where everyone congratulates and applauds an Adviser that had made a sale. Great working environment over all.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Long hours at a telephone and computer
Fast paced enviorment with incentives
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI 54703December 1, 2016
calling previous customers offering them a special reactivation rate. I learned that out-bound call services are not for me. The management was very helpful and informative.my co-workers were helpful and encouraging, hardest part of job was making sales or keeping my call times up. Most enjoyable part was listening to customers rants and stories.
Pros
Learning experiance, an income at the time.
Cons
People do not like telemarketers.
Fairly nice place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WINovember 14, 2016
The management staff is so wonderful at Straight Forward in Rice Lake. They take the time to sit down with you and work out a schedule that is particular to you. They will also help you out with gas cards and what not to get you to and from work if you really need it. They were absolutely phenomenal to be a part of.
Fun place to work with flexible hours
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 13, 2016
Great job for individuals who are just starting in sales and need a flexible schedule. They offer compensation for sales and have contests and competitions for their employees. I it is a fun place to work.
Pros
Pot Lucks, Contests, Drawings, Flexible
Cons
Confusion between Management roles
Good experience
Advisor - Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 31, 2016
I love what I do the company overall is a fun and exciting place to work for. It's a nice experience, i have referred people to come work for our team. Ive learned a lot since being employed.
Fun place to work with a ton of advancement opportunity
Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Sauk City, WIMay 2, 2016
Great company where they really care about their employees. Fun work environment and management works hard to be sure you are successful in your role. Huge opportunity for advancement as almost 100% of the management was promoted from within. Highly recommend the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Straight Forward. Our community is ready to answer.