Strata Pathology Services is a privately owned rapidly growing, comprehensive, CAP accredited pathology laboratory located in Lexington, MA. We pride ourselves on creating an environment with high staff morale and where quality service delivery sets the standard. We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our immunohistochemistry laboratory for a full time position with the hours of 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
The Immunohistochemistry Technician will work directly with the IHC Supervisor and/or Lead IHC Technician to assure a high level of customer satisfaction, quality control and other processes in the department.
The Immunohistochemistry Technician will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the daily running of the laboratory, assuring that the laboratory runs appropriately and efficiently. Job responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of all tests/functions according to established policies, procedures and job specifications on a daily basis to identify and resolve problems and provide technical assistance.
- Perform testing of patient samples, interpret, review, and prepare patient test results for review by Laboratory and Medical Directors.
- Maintaining all aspects of QC and QA relevant to the CAP certification standards.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring of laboratory equipment, process quality control.
- Data entry of patient and specimen information, cutting and embedding.
- Filing and long- term storage of patient slides and blocks.
- BS or MS degree with a major in a biological, chemical, physical, or other related science.
- Preferred- Histotechnician (HT) or QIHC certification (ASCP)
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a IHC clinical laboratory
- Experience with running Ventana, Leica instrumentation.
- Experience with DIF preferred.
- Detail oriented, ability to maintain a high level of personal accountability, and have sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in technical data interpretation and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, high-volume deadline driven environment.
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal relationship skills and team-oriented attitude are essential.