Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC Employee Reviews

Stressful and Dangerous
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COJanuary 23, 2018
Support for the nursing staff is non-existent. Patient care units are dangerous for staff and fellow patients. Look elsewhere if you value your safety and sanity.
Work is what you make it.
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2018
There are too many administrators/managers which causes a financial bloat and tons of miscommunication. One administrator makes an announcement, decision, or promise that has to be counteracted by another administrator because they either didn't have the authority to make the decision (and thought they did) or they didn't have all the information/incorrect information and were wrong.

Many people are not held accountable for doing their job properly. It does cause a massive strain on those who do take pride in their job. Behavioral health is not for everyone, and many seem to be there "just for the check". With proper training and managing, it's not a bad place to work.

Corporate America is Corporate America. The corporation will always look out for itself first. Once you "get" that and realize that any work environment is what you make of it, the daily grind is easiler to deal with.

The bottom line in any type of health care is the patients come first. Yes, there is room for improvement. I've been there long enough to have seen the place operate at it's finest. Is it the worst? No.

Take pride in your work, advocate appropriately for yourself and the support/training you need and you will get along fine. You may even set yourself up for a promotion.
Pros
Helping people who desperately need it.
Cons
Miscommunication from supervisors and managers.
Terrible place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCDecember 29, 2017
I was a therapist there for a short time. This place is very unethical and there is minimal training. When I decided to quit and put in my notice, they threatened to call the social work board and report that I was abandoning my clients (even though I was giving you a notice). The clinical director and HR both threatened my and walked me out when I fired back and called the social work board and reported them for threatening my license. Everyone who works there is miserable. Do not work there!!
Don't waste your time (especially for the billing department)
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCDecember 28, 2017
They hired me and fired me 3 weeks later in the middle of holiday season, making it impossible for me to find work. We can't afford our rent, our car, we barely have money to eat now that I am without a job. I made it very clear in my interview that I had some training but of course (as with any job) I will need to be trained on your systems and maybe a few other things. They knew that I only had 8 months of experience in billing. The hiring manager seemed very nice and all of a sudden she switched on me. My co-workers lied on me saying they trained me on things that they didn't. She told me they didn't want to train me any longer and fired me on the spot. I tried to explain that I had no training at all on things but she didn't believe me. If you work here, the other girls will work against you, The billing manager will believe anything they say, and you may possibly be like me. Out of a job in holiday season when no one wants to hire, with medical bills that you are falling behind on, can't afford rent or your car, and many other financial problems. This is all because they wouldn't train me on what should be done whenever you start a new job. Now my husband and I spend our nights crying and praying and wondering how we are going to make it. Save your self heartache and look for a job elsewhere. Put your energy in something else that might be more beneficial.
Dont go there
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 27, 2017
Terrible place. Big wigs only care about filling beds and making money. Constantly running with no direction. Poor pt. Care. Unsafe. Understaffed all the time. Detox pts. come in and suffer from seizures because it's not really a detox unit. All the staff is burned out and scoot by doing the bare minimum. If I had a mental health issue I wouldn't go there. You don't even see the doctors or therapists every day, maybe 2x a week if lucky.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, not appreciated, low pay, extremely hard work
Very poor management style
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
Management seems out of touch with reality and could care less about the people that make up the staff. Very unorganized, no concern about work/life balance. Scheduling is chaotic with no consistency. Poor mgmt. If you just need a job to get you through then drop in but if you are looking for a job where you can grow professionally, don't stop here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No concern about work/life balance. High turnover.
Was there from the initial start.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2017
Company was all show and no substance. Employees were qualified hires who were shifted around and placed in leadership roles on management 'whims'. Trainings were necessary and taught employees to be independent, although when situations arose while working employees were not allowed to make independent decisions. Pay was horrible considering the duties that you were responsible for. Use as a stepping stone.. you won't stay long term!
Pros
Serving those in need
Cons
Management, Pay, Little to no breaks
Great client population and the vision was wonderful. With better CEO it could have been a much better place to work
Decline (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, CODecember 5, 2017
The CEO was narcissistic, which would have been okay if she treated staff with respect. We were always short-staffed and management expected us to keep doing more with less. When suggestions were made to improve processes they were met with derision and contempt. There was so much promise because it was a beautiful new hospital and a lot of the directors there were great people who worked very hard.
Pros
Most of the people I worked with were great and worked very hard.
Cons
No respect from the CEO which affected the entire culture
This is a job where you can make a difference in people’s lives by working at this hospital from admin to direct care.
Business Office (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCDecember 3, 2017
In the seven years with the company, I have seen amazing professional growth in not only my position but with the company as a whole. After reading the negative reviews by ex-employees, I wanted to share a positive view point. From Admin to MHT- the long term Team at Strategic Behavioral care about patients and quality care. I think is a great place to work and I am proud to be part of the team!
Pros
Professional growth opportunities
The worst place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2017
Poor management, low pay, no good benefits, lack of professionalism.
First the company changed the work hours within a short notice due to inadequate staffing, then the company did not efficiently pay employees based on their experience.
Pros
Making a difference in kids lives.
Cons
Poor management and low pay

Want to know more about Strategic Behavioral Health, LLC?

Ask a question
Run, your license is worth more
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 9, 2017
Many new to heath care staff making it feel even worse being a new building, little communication with management unless there was a problem, management handled problems poorly, most common communication texting. Many longer than expected hours and frequent short staffing. Was a scary place to work if you liked having a license as they get sicker patients it will only get worse. They also have a very poor orientation they expect everyone to hit the ground like an experienced staff member but rarely hire experiences staff.
Pros
You feel like your making a difference
Cons
Lots of OT, frequent calls, working short, little to no orientation
Horrible. Good for only admin staff.
Maint/custodial. (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Worked in college station facility. Hired on with promise of advancement. Didn't happen. No lunch breaks usually. Talked down to by facilities manager. Even ridiculed. This job is only for admin positions. Everyone else has to work. Always felt subordinate. Was actually told not to look administrators in the eye. During the grand opening picture I was told to stay out of the way. It was only for vip people. I was in it anyway. Beware of this company!
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Mismanaged and degrading.
fun
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 14, 2017
you have to make sure that you patients are safe at all times. you have to work as a team with your staff or other employees. you have to help these patients try to control their anger/behavior
Not allowed to say what I want
Staff (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 9, 2017
Words can not describe. The most poorly mismanaged cluster I've ever experienced. No support for work above and beyond, they take until you drop and worse.
Pros
Stressful, would not recommend to anyone
n/a (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 5, 2017
This company is profit driven. It is not about the patients health, it is about how many patients they can bring into the door. There is no clear training from your management. If you are ready to work for a company who will verbally abuse you then this is the company for you.
Pros
work with great coworkers
Cons
phone calls after hours of work.
Mental Health Job with terrible management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 30, 2017
Bending over backwards for a company who could care less would be working for them. Schedules are never done right, people get double scheduled for positions within the facility. One day you could be working days the next they will be calling you in to work nights, and don't even think about telling them no. People constantly not showing up for work, they don't give raises even after a year of working there. Plus, corporate loves to come in and fire employees on the spot, so the turn over rate is insanely bad.

I strongly do not recommend, even though I had a strong love for working in the mental health system, no employee deserves the disrespect and neglect this facility gives.
Pros
30 minute lunch break if lucky
Terrible place. Most awful place I ever worked. Run away nurses
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 24, 2017
Managers, supervisors and leadership team cut throat and do not know what they are doing. No nurses stay. Changed schedules and forced you in 48 hr and 36 hour weekly rotation. Threaten to turn you in to the NCBON because they do not have relief. Attempt to strong arm people. No raises. Lie to you. Nurse manager hasn't been nurse for year and makes multiple med errors.
Pros
Cons
Schedule, management, cut throat, fire good people, employess sleep around with eachother.
work your butt off
employee (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 16, 2017
former employee that gave all their blood sweat and tears for nothing. CEO is unappreciative and is never satisfied, work hard and your reward is more work.
Pros
relationships with other employees
Cons
CEO is not a people person
Horrible
MHT (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJuly 27, 2017
I worked there for some time and the management was horrible. They will fire you over anything, I would not recommend that you apply there at all. They will not have your back in any kind of situations. They are dishonest and when it comes to you trying to stand up for yourself they will not believe you.
Do not apply
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 12, 2017
This company only cares about the number of people they can get in the door and how much money they can make. Staff are overworked and asked to stay overtime, but then reprimanded for staying over. Management is awful. They have no idea how to run a hospital. They are completely unethical. If you have no morals or ethics then apply. If you care about people this is not the company to work for.
Pros
pay
Cons
work long hours and no breaks, high stress, high work load