Strategic Data Systems Employee Reviews

Decent job, though not long term
Agent (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNApril 24, 2017
The day to day actual work of the position is not tasking, but the turnover is high due to the workings of the local management. For short term work, this is not a bad position, but expect to fatigue not long after. My response is based strictly on my experience with SDS's Millington,TN branch.
Work here at your own risk.
Survivor Support & Entitlement Contractor (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNMarch 16, 2017
If you are looking for a job with benefits, this is not the one for you. The hours are great here but the opportunity for growth is limited. Rules change just as much as the chain of command does. Don't work here if you're looking for something long term.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work, especially for veterans
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityJanuary 25, 2017
good culture, but the insurance is insanely expensive. I learned a lot about entry level it. Its a loud and can be rough environment if you are not used to the military environment.
Developing better structure, still a bit chaotic
Computer Support Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 16, 2016
This position is for technical help desk.

A blend of troubleshooting and administrative work. You are part of a very large organization. You are working with a lot of ex-military people, so there is a flavor of that, but not in a bad way. The style there is just a little more blunt than you might expect in a commercial shop.

This is a federal contractor and there are metrics, but the emphasis is getting the job done, not just getting off the phone after x minutes. You learn how to be efficient with your words. Ex and active military people do not waste words. The atmosphere is fun, but be sure that you are getting your job done. Different kinds of food trucks are scheduled to come at lunch, which is fun. One day a week, orders are taken for meals to be delivered from a local restaurant (you pay for it)
Pros
Atmosphere, decent pay, smart people around you, will accomodate hours if you need to do a personal errand. An hour for lunch.
Cons
Procedures change regularly, Lots of forms (this is military contractor)
Great company
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
Typical 9-5 M-F work hours, I learned a bunch about security and still continue to learn about the DOD and how they operate/stay secure. Was able to get compTIA certifications reimbursed through the company and a secret clearance!! Management is easy to deal with, HR is fantastic and super quick.Great benefits, PTO,sick leave,holiday pay. Challenging work environment but hard work pays off.
very productive
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 1, 2015
Will working at SDS I was able to get my clearance as well as learn how to help the great people serving in the Navy. I enjoyed my time working at SDS, because of the high level of work, low down time, and high professionalism.
A really fun place to work
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaFebruary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my time there. I was able to work with some very professional people who always had my best interest at heart.
Easy job, good co-workers
Operations Support Analyst/Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work consists of taking customer calls, troubleshooting their computer and telephone problems, resolving their issues if possible, and escalating their issue if I couldn't fix it. A great job if you're trying to gain experience in basic IT troubleshooting and basic systems administration. Typical problems would be email connectivity, malfunctioning programs, and activating new user accounts. These are all skills I already had thanks to my Navy IT background, but was a good way to refresh my skills and update them to Windows 7.
Co-workers are always willing to help you if you run into an issue you haven't seen before and you can't find a solution in Knowledge Management (KM). Likewise I was always willing to help co-workers who ran into an issue I knew how to fix.
The Marines and government civilians I worked for were always willing to work with my schedule when I needed to take time off for doctor's appointments and other personal reasons.
My work schedule was consistent, a solid 40 hours a week.
The pay was low, which is the main reason I left this job. Though it is low for a person of my experience and skill set, pay is commensurate with responsibility. This is not the company's fault,as they can only pay according to the funding they receive from the client, Hewlett Packard and the U.S. Marine Corps.
Lack of overtime is another problem. Again, this is not company policy but is a term of the contract.
Lack of advancement is another problem. Since Service Desk has the most open positions, employees looking to move to End User Support, Systems, Networks,
  more... or Field Services will find themselves waiting for a position that will never materialize. Again, not the company's fault but the client.  less
Pros
Ease of work, work/life balance
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement
Excellent opportunity to grow
Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 15, 2014
SDS allowed me to grow as a business person. I was able to progress from a programmer to vice president of development over 12 years. Many wonderful opportunities.
Good company
TIER 3 HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Technician Lead) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 25, 2013
Small company but they do look out for you.

Learned new things everyday on the job.

Good HR department.
On the Job
SERVICE DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Camp PendletonJuly 13, 2013
Currently my responsibilities include, validation and processing user account requests. My duties require me to use Active Directory for user account verification, and Remedy ticketing system to process the account requests. I like the work environment, the Marine Corps is a great organization to work for.
Conrtactual
Tier One Help Desk support (Former Employee) –  All over U.S.May 9, 2013
The pay was decent and they did take care of you, I only graded the work/life balance because it was difficult for me at this job because I was currently in school and this job required a lot of travel to different states. It was nice to see the different states though.
You're just a tool for them to get more money from DoD.
Systems Admin (Former Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 8, 2012
I worked there for eight years, and they cheated and lied to me the entire time. They made a lot of promises to me that they never kept. In hindsight, I know that they never meant to keep them.
Pros
they don't care what you do as long as you keep the customer happy.
Cons
they are cheats.
Great Staff and Environment
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2012
Troubleshooting computers was easy, but challenging at times which made it fun. Great employees to work for.
Strategic Data Systems
Help Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VaMarch 6, 2012
Strategic Data Systems is a government contractor that while I worked for them were very supportive of me. I do at times regret leaving them. When mentioned to them an opportunity came up with higher compensation they encouraged and wished me luck.
Pros
great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Data Systems. Our community is ready to answer.