Strategic Data Systems

Strategic Data Systems Employer Reviews

Easy job, good co-workers
Operations Support Analyst/Service Desk Agent (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: ease of work, work/life balance
Cons: low pay, lack of advancement
A typical day at work consists of taking customer calls, troubleshooting their computer and telephone problems, resolving their issues if possible, and escalating their issue if I couldn't fix it. A great job if you're trying to gain experience in basic IT troubleshooting and basic systems administration. Typical problems would be email connectivity, – more... malfunctioning programs, and activating new user accounts. These are all skills I already had thanks to my Navy IT background, but was a good way to refresh my skills and update them to Windows 7.
Co-workers are always willing to help you if you run into an issue you haven't seen before and you can't find a solution in Knowledge Management (KM). Likewise I was always willing to help co-workers who ran into an issue I knew how to fix.
The Marines and government civilians I worked for were always willing to work with my schedule when I needed to take time off for doctor's appointments and other personal reasons.
My work schedule was consistent, a solid 40 hours a week.
The pay was low, which is the main reason I left this job. Though it is low for a person of my experience and skill set, pay is commensurate with responsibility. This is not the company's fault,as they can only pay according to the funding they receive from the client, Hewlett Packard and the U.S. Marine Corps.
Lack of overtime is another problem. Again, this is not company policy but is a term of the contract.
Lack of advancement is another problem. Since Service Desk has the most open positions, employees looking to move to End User Support, Systems, Networks, or Field Services will find themselves waiting for a position that will never materialize. Again, not the company's fault but the client. – less
Excellent opportunity to grow
Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 15, 2014
SDS allowed me to grow as a business person. I was able to progress from a programmer to vice president of development over 12 years. Many wonderful opportunities.
On the Job
SERVICE DESK AGENT (Current Employee), Camp PendletonJuly 13, 2013
Currently my responsibilities include, validation and processing user account requests. My duties require me to use Active Directory for user account verification, and Remedy ticketing system to process the account requests. I like the work environment, the Marine Corps is a great organization to work for.
Conrtactual
Tier One Help Desk support (Former Employee), All over U.S.May 9, 2013
The pay was decent and they did take care of you, I only graded the work/life balance because it was difficult for me at this job because I was currently in school and this job required a lot of travel to different states. It was nice to see the different states though.
You're just a tool for them to get more money from DoD.
Systems Admin (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 8, 2012
Pros: they don't care what you do as long as you keep the customer happy.
Cons: they are cheats.
I worked there for eight years, and they cheated and lied to me the entire time. They made a lot of promises to me that they never kept. In hindsight, I know that they never meant to keep them.
Great Staff and Environment
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 5, 2012
Troubleshooting computers was easy, but challenging at times which made it fun. Great employees to work for.
Strategic Data Systems
Help Desk Rep (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaMarch 6, 2012
Pros: great people
Strategic Data Systems is a government contractor that while I worked for them were very supportive of me. I do at times regret leaving them. When mentioned to them an opportunity came up with higher compensation they encouraged and wished me luck.