Strategic Financial Solutions Employee Reviews

Run Away!!!
Senior Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midtown EastDecember 11, 2017
This place is very political. And yes, everywhere has its level of politics but this place is insane. Your success is determined on whether if management likes you or not. It's not dependant on your work ethic or skills not one bit. I've seen very talented hard workers leave demoralized.

No work life balance whatsoever. And they make sure you don't want to miss days but having your bread and butter which your leads leave your que if you aren't there. Even the ones you've worked.

Health insurance is way too expensive. The company doesn't have an affordable option.

Very unprofessional and unpredictable atmosphere.

Deceptive sales practice to clients. It's all a bait switch operation. Clients don't even know what they're signing up for.

When you get a sale up. Now you have to worry about other erroneous factors screwing it up such as unprofessional notaries who just don't show to meetings that are scheduled with your clients. Or an understaffed and mismanaged back office that will not have paperwork processed in ample time in order for you to get paid.

No one in sales is happy including top performing tenured reps. It's very demoralizing to see top hard working reps leave due to unfair treatment and ridiculous politics.

Advice for anyone applying to this place: if you have another offer for another opportunity take it. This place is an absolute waste of time.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
expensive health care, too political, No work/life balance, No morale among sales reps, etc
it was okay
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
the job load was overwhelming for sales support considering how many sales representatives that were hired. Great job culture, lots of daily incentive such as cupcake tuesday, wellness wednedays etc.
The environment is great the job not so much, it is possible to make money but its also possible to win the lotto
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
your expected to only "work" 40 hours but somehow be there 6 days a week working 10am to 9pm. if you do the simple math it does not equate. they do a great job selling you on the dream but it seem its only attainable for a select few. They do offer great incentives and few other benefits, def some happy hours. The job is probably better suited if your just out of college with no outside work obligations. Some of the managers are great some of them not so much. The culture created is great and most coworkers as well. The goals set are just attainable so your constantly in a frying pan, if you can take constant stress with no reprieve this is the job for you.
Pros
Working environment, culture
Cons
zero work life balance unless you are single under 25 with no responsibilities
Fun workplace
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
Fun youthful working environment. Management often have different/exciting events for the employees of the company. Coworkers are very kind and helpful
Pros
Happy hours food
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Management is very supportive
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
Work hard/play hard type of office. Management is supportive, but you are expected to work long hours. Game room, lots of company events, pay is decent.
Stepping Stone, not for permanent careers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2017
Strategic is an interesting place to work. They operate between a very dense grey-area of right and wrong. Questionable sales practices, unprofessional workplace. Overall stressful client services center, due to all of the shady sales activities happening on the front end.
eh
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
see for yourself.
truly only commission
you get a draw salary but that is taxed so you technically pay to work here
A lot of confusion in upper management
people get let go for having an opinion
Learned Alot
Sales Support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I did learn a lot during my time there, unfortunately my immediate manager ran my department like a boot camp, making our day to day uncomfortable and not worth staying in the long run
Pros
a lot of co workers to befriend
Cons
military style management
bittersweet
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 1, 2017
enjoyed my time at strategic, there are a lot of things confusing about this company i would recommend this job to someone who needs anything at the time, but not to stay and start a career
Pros
happy hours
Get What You Put In
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
Work hard and you will be financially compensated. It is difficult to not get burned out. Management genuinely cares about their employees. Ignore the negativity and just work.
Great Place For College Grads To Start A Career In Sales
Sales Consultant II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
This job is perfect for those who are looking to break into sales. You will have a good experience though you would have to lack any professional integrity to continue working here.
Great place for young people to make a lot of money
Senior sales consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Strategic is a great place for hard working people to make a lot of money, really fast. Great work environment and leadership. The culutre makes it very easy to fit right in and be confident while working.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
I came across this job with no sales experience and took the position because frankly, I needed a job. I have been here for two years and made $150k in my first year. It is a Sales Floor plan and simple. If you work hard listen to management and tendered reps you will succeed. You will make six figures by the end of your first year.

This is an easy product to sell and you are provided every resource necessary to do it. If you put in the time( the days are long, 10-8) and are willing to learn this is a great place to start any sales or finance career.

I have built genuine friendships here and I really do enjoy coming to work everyday. Its worth effort.
Pros
Compensation and Culture
Cons
Hours can be long
Workload heavy
Client Services Agent/Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 23, 2017
You're constantly being monitored for time. Working at the Client Services department means that you have to do everything under four minutes or less.
Pros
Company happy hour every two weeks
Cons
Constantly being monitored, QA dept will degrade your calls on anything, Team Lead Supervisors treat you like garbage, stressful environment
Fun environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
The work environment is fun and the people you work with make the job enjoyable. They are always doing work activities around the office. There are not many dull moments.
Great group of people to be around
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
Great first sales job for someone without experience because the training is great. If you have previous sales experience, this may not be the best fit for you. However, you do get to help people each and every day to better their lives.
Best Experience of My Life
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
The camaraderie between upper management and the employees is inseparable! Amazing training that truly shaped me into the salesman that I am today.. Thanks Strategic!
Pros
Best training in the business!
Cons
Work enviorment was very uncomfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
The employees at this work place are childish and made my experience at this place feel like mike I was still in high school. I worked in the customer service department .
Amazing Opportunity and Earning Potential
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
For my position in Sales, I am able to come into work, set up my own schedule and operate with no micromanagement. Our upper management is an amazing resource to rely on, but one of my favorite things about working here is the fact that you can really make this position what you want it to be.

The earning potential is unlike many other sales positions. That along with being able to set up my own schedule throughout the day provides a great work/life balance.

Our company is very transparent. We hold that high not just for sales but also for the company culture. We know about hiring and growth opportunities from within.

Besides advancement, our incentives for sales are fun and consistent. There's so much room to make what you want to make here.
Pros
company outings, incentives, earning potential, company culture
Good company
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Overall happy with my position at this company. Its busy on some days and we take alot of client calls back to back but it makes the day go by quicker. My management team is supportive and helpful, everyone is friendly and the culture is great. The company regularly does fun things for us, happy hours, bowling, gift cards, which is appreciated it. Happy to be part of the team!
Pros
Fun Company Events
Cons
Really Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategic Financial Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews by Location