We are looking for a Sr Media Planner/Buyer with multi-channel experience across various industries with expertise in developing client communications objectives and strategic direction. Local and national planning/buying experience is required. You will work with our clients to develop and oversee execution of goals, directives, strategies and budgets. You will also be responsible for staying on top of emerging media trends and developing innovative, strategic media plans to present to clients.
Required: Minimum 5 years of media planning and buying experience across all channels with demonstrated capabilities in local/regional print, out-of-home, broadcast (spot TV/cable) planning and buying with digital media buying a plus.
- Responsible for total management of assigned accounts (both traditional and digital) throughout the entire strategic, planning and implementation process
- Develop strategically sound local, national and global media plans for assigned clients against defined consumer segments and buyer profiles.
- Plan and buy spot TV in multiple markets across the country.
- Analyze relevant channels and outlets, develop budgets and flowcharts, and recommend tactical implementation and timing
- Working knowledge of various media research tools such as Nielsen, MRI, and Scarborough in order to help define consumer segments and target audience profiles.
- Research and implement new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies
- Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications.
- Ability to negotiate aggressive media rates with the various local, regional and national media companies.
- Ability to discover, articulate and implement actionable insights
- From time to time, may need to assist President in new business pitches and presentations to grow the agency.
- A strong understanding of SEO, SEM, Social media, and new digital media outlets.
- Strong interest in working with a small agency to contribute to its growth and willingness to provide leadership to our growing media team.
- Extremely detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of Media Planning/Buying experience required. Print planning and buying experience is a must.
- Extremely thorough, analytical, and focused on details. If you are not detailed and prone to mistakes, this is not the job for you.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills are required.
- Ability to work independently/efficiently and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Very strong work ethic. Willing to work long hours if needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidate must possess strong leadership skills with proven ability to manage and grow a team. You must also possess strong negotiation skills, the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and persuasively, and think strategically.
We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker who is up to date on emerging media, a proven leader and strong collaborator.
Someone who will thrive in a small, fast-paced environment where initiative is key! If you have that "can do" attitude, have a strong work ethic and prefer working in a smaller, non-corporate, fun and open environment, come join us!