Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt
Hours per week: 40
About Stratford Hall:
Set on 1,900 acres on the Potomac River, Stratford Hall was built in the late 1730s and is the ancestral home of the Lee family. In addition to the Great House, Stratford Hall has an expansive historic area, Visitor Center, on-site Inn and lodging accommodations, beautiful gardens, nature trails, working gristmill, beach and cliffs that date to the Miocene era, one of only four formations like it in the world. Stratford Hall is located in Westmoreland County in the historic Northern Neck of Virginia and is a Virginia Historic Landmark and a National Historic Landmark.
To ensure the efficient operation and management of Stratford Hall by facilitating communication with Robert E. Lee Memorial Association Directors, assisting the Executive Director in scheduling appointments, meetings and events, handling correspondence and various administrative tasks and serving as the principal point of contact between the Executive Office and donors, staff, directors and other external groups and individuals.
General Statement of Duties:
- Acts as confidential assistant to the Executive Director
- Manages the daily operation of the Executive Office
- Schedules and organizes meetings and appointments for the Executive Director
- Facilitates communication between the Executive Director and staff
- Assists in the preparation and assures the accuracy and quality of all outgoing correspondence from the Executive Director
- Assists in the planning and execution of Board-related events and public programs
- Oversees budget for the Executive Office
- Serves as the Notary Public for the Association
- Serves as secretary for the President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Association, as requested
- Prepares and distributes the minutes of the Directors’ semi-annual meetings
- Oversees board operations and plans the semi-annual Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings
- Handles communication related to Board organization and operations between Board members and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma required, BA or BS preferred. Must have prior experience in a professional administrative position with superior demonstrated skill in writing, communication, organizing meetings and performing clerical tasks. Must be a proficient typist and adept with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be capable of working normal hours within an office environment.
Salary range is $35,000 - $40,000, based on experience. Full benefits including health insurance, pension plan and 15 days of paid vacation.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH INDEED.COM, PLEASE NO CALLS OR INQUIRIES