stratford university Employee Reviews

Run Forest Run !
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 8, 2017
Poorly managed, stressful, back stabbing organizational culture, Good intentions , but the lack of leadership is almost laughable. Money is always the bottom line.
Pros
Cons
where do I start?
international Ogranization
Student Service Support (Former Employee) –  7777 Leesburg Pike, Falls ChurchAugust 31, 2017
My overall experience with working for and studying at Stratford University was very exciting and great, because it was the first position that i enrolled in the USA.
Great environment to work
Student Account Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 28, 2017
It has a great environment to work in along with very nice people. Even with the fast pace environment it maintains the friendly atmosphere. It was a great place to work.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no job security
Excellence
Intern (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 22, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with and for this school. The staff and guidelines that are established are for the best of the students, although it can make it challenging to meet at times.
Great and educational place to work
Student Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 12, 2017
Easy work with great training and great and helpful people to work with. Room for advancement and better opportunities. Always something to do and new people ans students to meet.
Employee friendly
TA/RA (Teaching Assistant /Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 10, 2017
i loved working here, it was pleasure working with these people. each and every one make you comfortable at working place.great place to work.i am glad
Productive, Business Culture, with Commitment to Students
Professor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 9, 2017
It is an active university. The day can really get away from you if you are not scheduling your time right. Between students, teaching, grading, advising, and the many projects that go on in the university it keeps you hopping.
Pros
It is a great place to work. I really enjoy working with students and professors alike.
Cons
It has some challenges, but is working through them.
A great place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 2, 2017
Excellent and fun work place. Everyone is friendly and work like a team. This is one of the most competitive private schools in the DC, Virginia & MD.
Pros
Continuous Educational Training
Cons
Always busy
For-profits are temporary
Student Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2017
For-profits are temporary and people are very temperamental. They only keep the people who suck up to them. The courses cost too much. Management can do a better job in hiring qualified managers that are personable and have integrity.
Pros
Cons
Salaried, work very long hours, no recognition
Amazing staff and constant assistance and encouragement.
Full-time student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2017
• I have received training and education to study both cooking techniques; as well as the business topics, necessary to managing a restaurant.
• I have also acquired professional skills such as ordering ingredients, inspecting ingredient quality, preparing sauces, cooking hot foods and baking pastries.
• My training also covered ways to manage a kitchen or restaurant, operate professional-grade equipment and appliances, and understand the nutritional value of foods.
Pros
Campus based learning
Athletic Department
Assistant Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 27, 2017
Come in check my emails, look over google docs and check on my Student athletes progress, speak with my coaches. If there is a potential recruit on campus, I will meet the recruit and parent and give them a brief presentation about the school and our athletics.
Before the day ends I will meet with the Athletic Director and go over our budget.Best thing about my position everyday is watching our Athletic program grow and working and assisting my student athletes and working over our budget.
Pros
Team oriented
Cons
Na
Glad to get the experience
Student Support & Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2017
I gained much experience while with them. But benefits, management could've been better. I like change I believe it brings about growth but there it was absolutely too much change. People tried to act like they weren't micromanaging, but they were. Again, best part was the experience gained, otherwise I feel I could've been more productive elsewhere.
Pros
Admissions would cookout and invite all departments, admin assistants, the students who truly love the school
Cons
Too many changes, sometimes long hours
Its a young new exciting college campus
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 10, 2017
I really love stratford! I was glad I mase my chouce to attend the school and when the opportunity was there for me to work study I was pleased. I wish there was a way I could apply for a real position
Pros
Working with great chefs
Cons
Some of the staff
Adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 10, 2017
I do enjoy teaching and will continue in the future. Some of my students, mentees really, have taken the opportunity to work with me and have grown in their position. How proud can you be to see them succeed, as an educator there is no higher praise.
It was a job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Work day depends on who your supervisor is, department and location. Company culture was not good because of management being replaced or leaving often. Co-workers were mostly good, but bad co-workers got away with bad behavior because of no accountability.
Good Learning environment
Research Assistant/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 5, 2017
On a daily, I kept an updated data of students tutoring schedules, and made reports of attendee at the end of the week. I worked with a great management that supported and show me different parts of doing my job. In general my job made me put in more attention to the smallest details.
Pros
The worked with my availabilty
Cons
benefits are not the best
A scary private university geared for saddling students with huge amounts of debt
ESL Program Director (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2017
A very miss-managed university which lived off of title 4 funding but provided little if any assistance in job placement, and left students at the end of their academic career with more than 30k in loans and nowhere to find a job. This experience was the main reason I went back to school for my PhD.
Great working culture
Associate Program Director (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 24, 2016
Great place to work. Great pay. Room for advancement. Have been employed by this company for 5 years. Started as full-time faculty and advanced to Associate Program Director within two years. Still room to advance within the company and looking to do so. Great pay and excellent health benefits.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cooking (Former Employee) –  210 s central Ave Baltimore mdDecember 7, 2016
clean food preparation equipment , work areas , and counters or tables
Complete orders from steam tables , placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent staff support and excellent working conditions
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 6, 2016
Very enjoyable experience when working. Other faculty are always available and willing to help. Students are strongly supported by the campus. The faculty meetings are full of helpful information that provides additional focus on teaching by offering real world experiences and teaching tips based on evidenced successes.