stratford university Employee Reviews

Excellent staff support and excellent working conditions
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 6, 2016
Very enjoyable experience when working. Other faculty are always available and willing to help. Students are strongly supported by the campus. The faculty meetings are full of helpful information that provides additional focus on teaching by offering real world experiences and teaching tips based on evidenced successes.
A scary private university geared for saddling students with huge amounts of debt
ESL Program Director (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2017
A very miss-managed university which lived off of title 4 funding but provided little if any assistance in job placement, and left students at the end of their academic career with more than 30k in loans and nowhere to find a job. This experience was the main reason I went back to school for my PhD.
Good Learning environment
Research Assistant/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 5, 2017
On a daily, I kept an updated data of students tutoring schedules, and made reports of attendee at the end of the week. I worked with a great management that supported and show me different parts of doing my job. In general my job made me put in more attention to the smallest details.
Pros
The worked with my availabilty
Cons
benefits are not the best
Great working culture
Associate Program Director (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 24, 2016
Great place to work. Great pay. Room for advancement. Have been employed by this company for 5 years. Started as full-time faculty and advanced to Associate Program Director within two years. Still room to advance within the company and looking to do so. Great pay and excellent health benefits.
Pros
Great Benefit
Cooking (Former Employee) –  210 s central Ave Baltimore mdDecember 7, 2016
clean food preparation equipment , work areas , and counters or tables
Complete orders from steam tables , placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 17, 2016
Good company and great facilities. Very educated and driven staff always looking to give the best to the students. They do a good job of training students for the real world.
productive, yet stressful
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 22, 2016
overly high expectations, not enough support from management. Goals/ numbers set to achieve, if reached good job, if not reached job security at risk
Most enjoyable part of the work!
Graduate Assistant (CIS) (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 7, 2016
Most enjoyable part of work is that I am getting to learn a lot, while working closely with the faculty. I also learning while I am helping out the students with the course and iLabs.
Managment sucks
Student Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 30, 2016
This is a very undesirable place to work. The management is horrible, the pay is low, and the hours are long. I'm not sure what else I could say about this place.
Dynamic website - Nice place
Database professor -Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 7, 2016
Regular online and on campus training for faculty. Good management and customer service. On time payment. expert advisors.
Unproductive
Adjunct Virginia Beach (Current Employee) –  VAJanuary 2, 2016
I felt like they were only looking at their admissions and were not interested in teaching students. Students there commonly complained that teachers were using them to cater functions at no pay because they were just students. The morale is low there and as a student myself, I can see why
Pros
I was able to teach
Cons
Lack enginuity there
Good job
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 21, 2016
Nice place to work for. The staff and faculty are great to work with. Makes a great part-time job but it is very difficult to advance.
Pros
consistent work
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful management
International Student Worker in Library (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 6, 2015
This job is great to have who is is interested to work in direct customer service and assisting the international as well as home students .Dealing with book is a challenge here. Students asks various type of books and its is duty for a librarian to assist them correctly.
Pros
You will a first reader of every new books
Cons
Very short break
Very excellent work environment
Graduate Assistant, Student Librarian (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 19, 2015
Working as a graduate assistant at Stratford University has helped to improve my work ethics and to become a better team player. My supervisor is very professional and hard working and that has rubbed off on the rest of the team. We love what we do.
Pros
Flexibility, Opportunity to grow
Career Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 11, 2015
There is never a dull moment. It is an environment that allows you to be yourself. I have learned a lot about academics. Management is awesome at the campus level and the co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part is that he higher-ups don't realize what is done at the campus level. The most enjoyable part of the job is changing the lives of students and graduates.
Review
Associate Program Director (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 16, 2015
I love my career, and look forward to coming in to work everyday. The opportunity to mentor and train students along with opportunity for advancement is great. A great place to work.
Supportive work environment
ADJUNCT NURSING FACULTY (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with the RN to BSN students. My colleagues were supportive and friendly. Hated to leave the job, but full time instructors needed the hours
Not a good work culture at this place
Not Identified (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 3, 2015
This is one of those places where the owners are more interested in profit than their employees. If you do a great job, they love you. If you don't, they will make your life ugly so that you will either quit or make more mistakes...in which case they fire you. This place has a high turnover and there's a good reason for it. Half quit, half are fired. Also keep in mind that you are working with a lot of students on visas so be prepared to get your job taken away for cheaper labor. It's all about the bottom line. And only executives make good money and get good bonuses. The rest struggle. Very low employee morale.
Exhilarating opportunity in teaching undergrad students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 13, 2015
Teach undergrad student courses in subjects related to information technology and math. Would like to continue teaching as adjunct professor regardless of full-time employment. As a 30-year Marine Colonel, I feel I have a lot to offer mentoring young students.
Workplace differences
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2014
A typical day is 70% data entry, speaking with students, answering calls and processing.

I learn more about the database I currently work with, Power Campus

I truly enjoy my coworkers, beyond the students, they are the hi-lite of my day.

The hardest part of my position is knowing my creativity, skills and abilities are not fully utilized .

When I can totally satisfy a customer.
Pros
I enjoy my coworkers
Cons
No room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at stratford university. Our community is ready to answer.