Sales Representatives are responsible for professionally promoting Strativa products to healthcare professionals with the goal of achieving sales growth in their respective territories. The primary focus of this position is to drive business results in a specified territory through a blend of business acumen and professional performance skills. Representatives are responsible to develop and execute territory business plans, coordinate efforts with territory partners in a team environment, accurately complete routine reports and be compliant with regulatory and company guidelines. Position manages assigned territory by utilizing sales plans, educational programs, and other company resources in an efficient manner. Responsibilities include developing new prospects, establishing customers, meeting all administrative requirements and selling Strativa’s products by making sales presentations to key customers that create a demand for company products to positively impact sales in territory and region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain objectives for geography in consultation with regional management to assure proper portfolio balance and planned actions.
- Meet/exceed sales goal expressed as ‘National Average’ share, % growth, and/or sales target
- Maintain an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of specific healthcare issues, products and diseases states that enables the Representative to engage in meaningful dialogue, build credibility and add value when calling on providers.
- Maintain an expert product knowledge base including patient education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market environment. Understands and uses approved promotional materials to support marketing message.
- Create effective call plans that include who to contact, how frequently to contact them, and what products to focus on for each call.
- Employ effective selling techniques following the Strativa Sales Model, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification and effective close.
- Successfully implements the call plan and resources strategies as developed with regional management to meet or exceed goals.
- Attain and maintain performance guidelines for the following metrics: Contract call averages, reach and frequency metrics, appropriate utilization of samples, Quarterly Business Plan update
- Incorporate and execute on all expectations regarding adherence to all FDA, PDMA, HPPA, and PAR established Policies on all interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- Manage to within 5% of bottom line budget
- Development and completion of Territory Business Plan to RBM
- Adopt and incorporate programs that have corporate/national requirements by submitting an implementation plan to RBM, demonstrating/incorporating ownership and execution of the program
- Maintain up-to-date database to document sales call information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data and overall territory performance.
- Effectively manage sample accountability program
- Develop and execute an individual Prescriber Plan of Action for Top 20 as reflected in Territory Business Plan
- Identify key pharmacies and develop/execute a plan of action as reflected in Territory Business Plan
- Execute and implement learning of core sales training curriculum
- Learning and application of new and existing products as demonstrated by tests and Field Contact Reports
- Understand local ‘Payer’ environment and incorporate appropriate sales strategies
- Demonstrate teamwork thru sharing of best practices and working with cross functional teams
- Adjust/adopt/incorporate national requirements, initiatives and plans
- Execute all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Complete and transmit CATS weekly activity reports
- Synchronize, check email and voicemail at least once a day
- Update Territory Business Plan to RBM on a quarterly basis
- Completion and tracking of expense reports every 2 weeks
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in all required sales conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Healthcare, education, insurance and/or outside business-to-business selling experience required
- A history of outstanding achievements and proven sales skills required
- Working knowledge of sales operations including: data/reports, call planning, and sales tactics preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively without close supervision required
- Strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and a strong customer focus
- Must be adaptable, innovative, and a team player
- Must be organized, persuasive, determined to drive success
- Possible overnight travel required
Physical Demands/Work Environment - The physical demands/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.