We are looking for an IT Manager for Solution Delivery. We believe that the right candidate will have anywhere between 12-15 years of experience, with a solid technical background, project management skills and ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form. The primary responsibility is to manage service delivery (project, operational, escalation) for a set of customers, and coordinate the day to day work of a team of senior and junior IT specialists.
- Work tracking: Responsible for creating project work breakdown structures, plan resource utilization and tenaciously track all work items encompassing the whole team. This requires diligent triaging of ticket queues, keeping on top of email chains and constant communications with team members
- Technical decision making: Will need to study technical issues from multiple angles and make decisions. Need to perform technical tasks independently and in conjunction with subject matter experts
- Manage and mitigate crisis incidents through excellent coordination, resourcefulness, post mortems, reporting and change management
- Reporting: Responsible for service level agreement (SLA) adherence and reporting to customer and Stratogent management.
- Attend scheduled meetings (conference calls or in-person meetings) for regular work planning, change control reviews and one-off projects. Responsible for coming up with the proper agenda items for many of these meetings.
- This is not a people management position involving HR, financial and reporting responsibilities
- Must be technical, with hands-on experience of system administration, preferably experience of Windows server side infrastructure (Windows 2008, 2012 / Active Directory / Clustering / Exchange 2007, 2010, etc.). For the right candidate we are flexible about the specific technical background as long as one demonstrates mature and logical thinking when faced with projects and troubleshooting tasks.A strong plus will be breadth of technical experience i.e. you have done enough in networking, storage, backups, etc. areas to be able to approach projects and troubleshooting tasks with proper perspective.
- Project management skills are necessary - workload balancing, prioritization, tracking.
- Highly organized: Need to have a mindset for not dropping any work items (even small ones), detail oriented regarding technical requirements, and keen on following up with others in order to accomplish closure on task items. The ability to multi-task is a requirement and you must be highly organized. The right candidate will be able to keep a cool head in the face of daunting pressure, and will use good judgment in managing time. Being able to keep track of a multitude of emails, tickets, meeting minutes, etc. needs to be a personality attribute.
- Top notch communication skills: There will be a lot of customer communication, so writing ability (email) and verbal communications (conference calls) needs to be top notch. Much of our internal communication as well as communication with customers are done over email. Your emails must contain more than inscrutable one-liners that leave customers and co-workers wondering what you are talking about. You must have the ability to look at the email you are about to send and objectively decide whether or not you have included enough context in the email for the recipients to understand what you are trying to express to them.
- A potential candidate for this position MUST be motivated to take ownership of their assigned customer environments, have the curiosity to explore it, and think of ways to make it better. We are not looking for passive candidates who wait for issues to arrive and then “work or reassign the ticket”. We want people who actively seek out work and improve both the environments that they are responsible for and their own technical skill set.
- Experience managing external clients (not internal IT) would be an added advantage. Prior experience working at an ISP/Managed Services/IT Services company is preferred, and a background in dealing with global teams and remote teams will be a strong plus.
Please read the Careers page on our website to learn more about the job and how we work: goo.gl/6HeuX
Indeed - 14 months ago
Stratogent is a specialty service provider that offers datacenter managed services specifically customized to our customer's IT support...