Stratosphere Employee Reviews

Relax workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 11, 2017
Very relaxing work place. Work at your own pace but can be moved around daily to different locations to fill company needs. Must be mobile and able to move from place to place.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
May move from place to place
I did not enjoy it
Wedding and Catering Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
I did not enjoy this place to work at all. Made really good friends, and the pay was great but I was not properly trained. I was expected to do many things I never knew how to do, and always messed up because of the poor training,
Pros
PT NO benefits
Cons
Training
Small company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 16, 2017
• Small business consultant providing marketing strategies by way of print, social media and email.
• Used email marketing software from Constant Contact to help ensure local businesses maximized their exposure to a target audience.
• Daily responsibilities include; creating narrative descriptions and still photography for small businesses and town departments, and overseeing all aspects of office scheduling and follow-up appointments.
Can be good
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 15, 2017
A lot of really nice people but sometimes very little work to do. The supervisor can be really edgy about a lot of things but all in all its a really nice place to work.
It was cool.
Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2017
Wouldve been a cool job. Was a fun experience and was very high from the ground. The employess were cool. Didnt get to experience everything. Wasnt there long.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 6, 2017
the most enjoyable part of stratosphere was being able to sit down and meet new people and make new friends and at least get to talk to the friends i meant there.
Pros
got to sit down some of the times
Cons
short breaks
Great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2017
Loved working here. I was around when it was first built and it's been solid every since. Union was perfect. I would truely recommended working here for anyone interested
Very laid back
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
This was a very laid back job, There was plenty of room for advancement and management was the best. The job wasn't challenging enough for me. I would recommend this job to anyone that likes a laid back workplace.
Productive and fairly easy job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working there it was easy paced. learned to inspect needles in packages to make sure that customer was getting good product.
Obtained managerial experience, fast paced work environment
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is managing quality inspectors on quality related sorts for the Honda plants. Any time Honda has a quality issue, I am the contact for them in order to begin an inspection sort. I will then contact our scheduling department for staffing and train employees on these sorts. I have learned Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel with this job and have also gained managerial experience.

Want to know more about Stratosphere?

Ask a question
General Labor
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 8, 2016
Very fun upbeat fast paced learning environment, always something new to learn. I enjoyed working here because there was many oppurtunties to learn new things
ACEP is the pits = Stay away or learn the hard way
Security (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2016
I worked Security and this place is a joke. Most, including the Director, are people that couldnt be hired anywhere else and certainly NOT in any of the 5 Star Casinos on the Strip.

The Operational Standards are a complete joke and unlike ANY "Security" (If you want to call it that) that I have EVER experienced to the point where the Panhandlers and Derelicts run the place coming and going as they please as they laugh in the faces of "Security".

I wouldnt even recommend this job for someone just starting out in Security as its NOT a professional environment and a really good place to obtain some bad habits due to the "training" and atmosphere.

Stay away OR Learn the hard way.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unprofessional atmosphere, low pay
would not work with the shift that i needed.
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 8, 2016
not enough work to keep people at the work place. they kept sending people home. the ones that got to stay was the favorites.
very quiet work area but not enough guidance
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 29, 2016
job started at 6 to 2 pm...sometimes we would meet quota at 12pm and end up finding other work or old boxes to complete.my assignment ended because we eventually ran out of work
Pros
noise free area..easy to know co worker
Cons
not enough work
Friendly environment and very professional
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2015
A typical day of work was in the morning doing displays setup and switching stands with your co-workers every 30 minutes. I learned how to see every detail, management was strict however they were fair and co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Everyone got along well. I was fortunate enough to meet some life long friends. As for the hardest part of the job that would be keeping hydrated. The reason for that is your in the sun for hours and constantly having to drink water even when your not thirsty. Seeing and working with co-workers was the most enjoyable part, I'm big on being friends with my co-workers and being respectful.
Pros
constantly meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
great experiences
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  sky jumpAugust 4, 2015
i got to experience new things everyday and the fact that i got to help the customers experience their first jump was an amazing feeling,
The job is ok just.
Quality Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2015
When I go in rather it be a new project, I would start off be identifying the parts and part numbers. Then take pictures to write work instructions on how to properly and safely do the job. I've learned that the its always room to improve. Can't say much about management I don't see them often only talk through conference calls. My co worker are dependable because I can get them to see they can trust me and I'm always there for them if need be to listen and help solve issues on the job. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat and making sure everyone drinks plenty of water. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a project and raising the bar in production numbers and seeing our output of parts.
Pros
Employees Perks
Cons
Not getting 40 hours a week
Productive and a fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of inspecting automotive parts (door pull handles, car handles, etc.) for the eight hour shift. I learned what being a quality inspector consisted of ; prior to getting the position of being an inspector, I was a CNA and care giver, so the transition was not a challenge! I met awesome co-workers and supervisors, even the CEO treated us with respect and with friendliness. The overall experience was amazing and it was by far the easiest job I've had to date.
Pros
friendly atomosphere
Cons
when there is a shortage of parts to inspect, hours are cut
productive
inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 20, 2015
very interesting work. Great place to work. There was always work to do. If it was not for traveling I would still be there. But to go full time you had to be able to travel to other places.
fun and chilled environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 5, 2015
I never did much because the production line was always down. but my co workers and managers were cool and the job was easy the only bad part was working late.
Pros
decent starting pay, easy job
Cons
slow at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stratosphere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9