Stratosphere Employee Reviews in United States

ACEP is the pits = Stay away or learn the hard way
Security (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2016
I worked Security and this place is a joke. Most, including the Director, are people that couldnt be hired anywhere else and certainly NOT in any of the 5 Star Casinos on the Strip.

The Operational Standards are a complete joke and unlike ANY "Security" (If you want to call it that) that I have EVER experienced to the point where the Panhandlers and Derelicts run the place coming and going as they please as they laugh in the faces of "Security".

I wouldnt even recommend this job for someone just starting out in Security as its NOT a professional environment and a really good place to obtain some bad habits due to the "training" and atmosphere.

Stay away OR Learn the hard way.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unprofessional atmosphere, low pay
Obtained managerial experience, fast paced work environment
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is managing quality inspectors on quality related sorts for the Honda plants. Any time Honda has a quality issue, I am the contact for them in order to begin an inspection sort. I will then contact our scheduling department for staffing and train employees on these sorts. I have learned Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel with this job and have also gained managerial experience.
Friendly environment and very professional
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2015
A typical day of work was in the morning doing displays setup and switching stands with your co-workers every 30 minutes. I learned how to see every detail, management was strict however they were fair and co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Everyone got along well. I was fortunate enough to meet some life long friends. As for the hardest part of the job that would be keeping hydrated. The reason for that is your in the sun for hours and constantly having to drink water even when your not thirsty. Seeing and working with co-workers was the most enjoyable part, I'm big on being friends with my co-workers and being respectful.
Pros
constantly meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
The job is ok just.
Quality Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2015
When I go in rather it be a new project, I would start off be identifying the parts and part numbers. Then take pictures to write work instructions on how to properly and safely do the job. I've learned that the its always room to improve. Can't say much about management I don't see them often only talk through conference calls. My co worker are dependable because I can get them to see they can trust me and I'm always there for them if need be to listen and help solve issues on the job. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat and making sure everyone drinks plenty of water. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a project and raising the bar in production numbers and seeing our output of parts.
Pros
Employees Perks
Cons
Not getting 40 hours a week
General Labor
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 8, 2016
Very fun upbeat fast paced learning environment, always something new to learn. I enjoyed working here because there was many oppurtunties to learn new things
would not work with the shift that i needed.
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 8, 2016
not enough work to keep people at the work place. they kept sending people home. the ones that got to stay was the favorites.
Productive and a fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of inspecting automotive parts (door pull handles, car handles, etc.) for the eight hour shift. I learned what being a quality inspector consisted of ; prior to getting the position of being an inspector, I was a CNA and care giver, so the transition was not a challenge! I met awesome co-workers and supervisors, even the CEO treated us with respect and with friendliness. The overall experience was amazing and it was by far the easiest job I've had to date.
Pros
friendly atomosphere
Cons
when there is a shortage of parts to inspect, hours are cut
Stratosphere and acep sucks
IT Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
I got hired, was given bad training by a supervisor that hated the job and was out the door anyway. Then I get let go because " I did not fit in". Manager is horrible. He got written up for continuing to postpone windows 7 upgrade and blames the IT techs for not getting it done. ACEP and stratosphere are a joke. I was left all by myself with no supervisor or lead tech being only 3 weeks on the job, and wonder why I failed their expectations. What a joke. The place is so bad and has such high turnover, every thursday they turn out 15-30 new hires weekly. They make it sound like they are the most wonderful company and hotel on the strip, but they are the worst.
Pros
free lunch that it is
Cons
low wages, clueless management, and idiot supervisors
Engaging and great customer service
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJune 4, 2013
I usually start the day off by stocking the bar with product and glassware. Then I cut fruit and ice the wells including the service well. First I would serve the casino cocktail waitresses till the restaurant servers come in. When the restaurant is open i tend to the guests at the bar which sits twenty five guests. There is typically three servers, two cocktail servers and one lounge server through out my shift. I do tend to get overloaded during our four hour happy hour but I have a strong relationship with my management team and co-workers that we all pull together to create a great experience for our guests.
great experiences
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  sky jumpAugust 4, 2015
i got to experience new things everyday and the fact that i got to help the customers experience their first jump was an amazing feeling,
Fun place to work, very high paced
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALMarch 27, 2014
The day consisted of 12 hour shifts, I learned how to efficiently work with other people to complete tasks. Management wasn't actually around, my co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of the job would have to have been working the 12 hour shifts, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and creating friendships in and outside the workplace.
Pros
learning something new, meeting new people
Cons
short breaks, long days
Unsecured career path. Look elsewhere.
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 22, 2014
My heart goes out the the dedicated and hard working union servers and bartenders who are given a less than fair opportunity to work in a potentially happy and lucrative environment. I witnessed unfair favoritism based on appearance and body type of female employees as well as the scheduling of certain bartenders in venues where they were not favored to be (In order to "push them out") so as to cause altercations. All of which actions go against culinary union by-laws and practices. I was ill advised by my superiors to not mention the going ons behind office doors in order to keep my own job out of jeopardy. Seeing as that will no longer be leverage against me, I plan to seek future counsel.
In my time here I was utterly appalled by the lack of empathy and consideration for staff members by their direct superiors and witnessed the lowest morale, company wide, that I've ever experienced in this industry. A sad place to work.
The turnover rate for management is massive for reasons both voluntary and mandated leaving nothing but a lackluster group of poorly experienced and unnecessarily egotistic, chauvinistic "men".
My advice: avoid seeking employment at this establishment unless you are a glutton for punishment. Everyone is worth something and if you work here, you'll surely be treated like nothing.
Good luck on the job search!
Pros
wonderful hr, the delight of working with great foh and boh hourly staff.
Cons
cut-throat, insecure persons among upper management, unsanitary edr conditions.
productive
inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 20, 2015
very interesting work. Great place to work. There was always work to do. If it was not for traveling I would still be there. But to go full time you had to be able to travel to other places.
Very easy and relaxed place to work
QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCFebruary 18, 2014
typical day is you go to your work station and break down boxes and place parts on certain pallets after being inspected. this is nothing hard and food and hours there are great
Pros
easy work, very relaxed place
Cons
decent benefits
fun and chilled environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 5, 2015
I never did much because the production line was always down. but my co workers and managers were cool and the job was easy the only bad part was working late.
Pros
decent starting pay, easy job
Cons
slow at times
Roxy's sucks!!! Management is horrible!!!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2014
The job was ok as long as a specific manager wasn't working! I learned that you can meet wonderful people within a short period of time. Some of the co-workers are very helpful and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was the GM!!! She is very unprofessional!!! Oh yeah did I mention she talks down to you and gets away with it because she is the general manager. Beware if you work for Roxy's in the Stratosphere....
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Ok job (if you like answering phones)
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2012
9am to 9pm. All you do is answer phones. you may get a break if theres no phone calls but nine out of ten you will...
Pros
you get your hours
Cons
it will drive you mad and it takes away from your personal time.
stay away apply somewhere else!!
floor manager (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvFebruary 4, 2013
This is whole company is horrible hotel of operations is terrible and her lil assistants are worthless.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
It is a great enviroment to be employed
cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2013
lots of work alway busy.
learn alot the food and beverage industy .
love my coworkers the treated me like family.
keeping up with the pace
job is a job love it all
Pros
free lunch
Cons
na
Not very productive place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  marysville ohioJanuary 8, 2013
Not a very good place to work for specially if your a temp they treat you less than the people who are full time.
Pros
met a lot of good friends
Cons
short breaks, treated poorly

2.9