Stratosphere Employee Reviews

The job is ok just.
Quality Project Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Employees Perks
Cons: Not getting 40 hours a week
When I go in rather it be a new project, I would start off be identifying the parts and part numbers. Then take pictures to write work instructions on how to properly and safely do the job. I've learned that the its always room to improve. Can't say much about management I don't see them often only talk through conference calls. My co worker are dependable because I can get them to see they can trust me and I'm always there for them if need be to listen and help solve issues on the job. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat and making sure everyone drinks plenty of water. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a project and raising the bar in production numbers and seeing our output of parts.
Productive and a fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALJuly 1, 2015
Pros: friendly atomosphere
Cons: when there is a shortage of parts to inspect, hours are cut
A typical day at work consisted of inspecting automotive parts (door pull handles, car handles, etc.) for the eight hour shift. I learned what being a quality inspector consisted of ; prior to getting the position of being an inspector, I was a CNA and care giver, so the transition was not a challenge! I met awesome co-workers and supervisors, even the CEO treated us with respect and with friendliness. The overall experience was amazing and it was by far the easiest job I've had to date.
productive
inspector (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCMay 20, 2015
very interesting work. Great place to work. There was always work to do. If it was not for traveling I would still be there. But to go full time you had to be able to travel to other places.
fun and chilled environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: decent starting pay, easy job
Cons: slow at times
I never did much because the production line was always down. but my co workers and managers were cool and the job was easy the only bad part was working late.
Repair and Maintain
Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2014
Enjoy working with other people and helping as well to repairing and maintaining equipment in good working order as they arise as well.
Great People to Work With
Bar Porter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2014
Have learned a great amount of knowledge with customer service.
Stratosphere and acep sucks
IT Support specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch that it is
Cons: low wages, clueless management, and idiot supervisors
I got hired, was given bad training by a supervisor that hated the job and was out the door anyway. Then I get let go because " I did not fit in". Manager is horrible. He got written up for continuing to postpone windows 7 upgrade and blames the IT techs for not getting it done. ACEP and stratosphere are a joke. I was left all by myself with no supervisor or lead tech being only 3 weeks on the job, and wonder why I failed their expectations. What a joke. The place is so bad and has such high turnover, every thursday they turn out 15-30 new hires weekly. They make it sound like they are the most wonderful company and hotel on the strip, but they are the worst.
Fun place to work, very high paced
Inspector (Former Employee), Muscle Shoals, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: learning something new, meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, long days
The day consisted of 12 hour shifts, I learned how to efficiently work with other people to complete tasks. Management wasn't actually around, my co-workers were awesome! The hardest part of the job would have to have been working the 12 hour shifts, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and creating friendships in and outside the workplace.
Very easy and relaxed place to work
QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Newberry, SCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: easy work, very relaxed place
Cons: decent benefits
typical day is you go to your work station and break down boxes and place parts on certain pallets after being inspected. this is nothing hard and food and hours there are great
Unsecured career path. Look elsewhere.
Food and Beverage (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful hr, the delight of working with great foh and boh hourly staff.
Cons: cut-throat, insecure persons among upper management, unsanitary edr conditions.
My heart goes out the the dedicated and hard working union servers and bartenders who are given a less than fair opportunity to work in a potentially happy and lucrative environment. I witnessed unfair favoritism based on appearance and body type of female employees as well as the scheduling of certain bartenders in venues where they were not favored to be (In order to "push them out") so as to cause altercations. All of which actions go against culinary union by-laws and practices. I was ill advised by my superiors to not mention the going ons behind office doors in order to keep my own job out of jeopardy. Seeing as that will no longer be leverage against me, I plan to seek future counsel.
In my time here I was utterly appalled by the lack of empathy and consideration for staff members by their direct superiors and witnessed the lowest morale, company wide, that I've ever experienced in this industry. A sad place to work.
The turnover rate for management is massive for reasons both voluntary and mandated leaving nothing but a lackluster group of poorly experienced and unnecessarily egotistic, chauvinistic "men".
My advice: avoid seeking employment at this establishment unless you are a glutton for punishment. Everyone is worth something and if you work here, you'll surely be treated like nothing.
Good luck on the job search!
Productive and fun workplace
Inspecter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2014
Never had a boring day. Always had stuff to do which made the work day go faster.
Roxy's sucks!!! Management is horrible!!!!
Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The job was ok as long as a specific manager wasn't working! I learned that you can meet wonderful people within a short period of time. Some of the co-workers are very helpful and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was the GM!!! She is very unprofessional!!! Oh yeah did I mention she talks down to you and gets away with it because she is the general manager. Beware if you work for Roxy's in the Stratosphere....
a very good place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2013
get to the office on time to get list of things to do . Be specific if there are special request. Instruct employees on daily operation.
Great Company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 16, 2013
I got along great with my co-workers and that made my work day great as well !
Engaging and great customer service
Bartender (Current Employee), Las VegasJune 4, 2013
I usually start the day off by stocking the bar with product and glassware. Then I cut fruit and ice the wells including the service well. First I would serve the casino cocktail waitresses till the restaurant servers come in. When the restaurant is open i tend to the guests at the bar which sits twenty five guests. There is typically three servers, two cocktail servers and one lounge server through out my shift. I do tend to get overloaded during our four hour happy hour but I have a strong relationship with my management team and co-workers that we all pull together to create a great experience for our guests.
It is a great enviroment to be employed
cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: na
lots of work alway busy.
learn alot the food and beverage industy .
love my coworkers the treated me like family.
keeping up with the pace
job is a job love it all
stay away apply somewhere else!!
floor manager (Former Employee), las vegas nvFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This is whole company is horrible hotel of operations is terrible and her lil assistants are worthless.
Not very productive place
Inspector (Former Employee), marysville ohioJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: met a lot of good friends
Cons: short breaks, treated poorly
Not a very good place to work for specially if your a temp they treat you less than the people who are full time.
Ok job (if you like answering phones)
Phone Agent (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: you get your hours
Cons: it will drive you mad and it takes away from your personal time.
9am to 9pm. All you do is answer phones. you may get a break if theres no phone calls but nine out of ten you will...
n/a
tower operative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2012
My Review is i enjoyed working there it was alot of fun the coworkers were very nice