Straub Clinic and Hospital

Straub Clinic and Hospital Employer Reviews

This was a company who worked with their employees
Clinical-nurse aide/ Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free meals when we worked a major holiday, recognition of categories on each floor
Cons: when they mandated you to take off during slow periods
They (management) listened to their employees through scheduled meetings; mandatory or other. They provided work classes to either help improve, refresh or learn a new skill.

My co-workers were an awesome! I learned from my nurses who always answered my questions as to why I had to either repeat a procedure or how doing something made a difference – more... in a patients livelihood/ condition.

The hardest part was of course when someone you cared for passed on. I worked on an Oncology Unit.

I've had two patients come back and thank us personally for helping them to get better and apologized for being a pain to us.

I learned a lot of patience and how working as a team (weather or not its in your job description or not) helps the work and time go by smoother and faster. Plus its always a learning experience and that can't be bought. – less
Great working place/ Good benefits/Good management
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good working hours
Cons: no cons
Great working place, friendly staff, great management and great benefits. I always love to work here but im planning to relocate to California that's why i am hoping to find something like Straub.
Excellent hospital
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, lots of overtimes
Cons: short breaks, many changes of management
I absolutely loved working for a company that specialized in such excellent healthcare and really put their patients first. The other medical staff, no matter what position, all worked together and the teamwork showed.
TOO MUCH Micromanagement & Red Tape. NOT pleasant.
CRNA (Former Employee), Operating RoomJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: the computer system was user friendly.
Cons: too much micromanaging, especially for a well experienced crna
I was an employee there who left employment on my own terms and in good standing. I must say though that the micromanagement was way too overbearing. The politics and red tape was also an issue. It was quite a drag going into work. The morale was low which made it even harder. I worked in the OR as a Crna. I have never had such an awful experience. – more... I've worked at a few places in life, including Mass. General Hospital, Cleveland Clinic etc w/o such treatment. Good luck if you work in the OR. I had to leave. It was killing me;) – less

June 1, 2013

I, too, worked at Straub as a CRNA, 2006-2009 and a new department chair was hired; his mission was to run the CRNAs off (convinced the top dogs he could make things better with an all MD anesthesia group)and 14 very good CRNAs left. I left a review on this forum and wouldn't you know, I no longer see it. As a CRNA, you will NOT be credentialed for lines, regional, etc. In general, Hawaii (except for Kaiser and Kona)is backwards with regard to CRNA practice compared to the rest of the Mainland.

It was a great pleasures to be part of Straub family.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 12, 2012
Pros: showing their support to each staff member.
Cons: short breaks
Straub was one of the best hospital in Hawaii.It was a place where we learned computer generated charting popularly called epic.Management wise they were supportive to their employees growth and development.My co workers are so helpful and dedicated to their job.The hardest part of the job is taking care of those heavy patients.While the most enjoyable – more... part of the job is teamwork among team members to get the job done on time. – less
Everyday is a stressfull day....but in the end you helped people
Patient Service Rep II/Appointment Center (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 13, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Being screamed at by a patient, helping sick people,get along with co-workers, going home
Productive, Team work & Family orient
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 1, 2012
Its a place where you always look forward too when waking up in the morning, Everyone are team player, there for each other and able to perform their work and play as team work in getting through the day and work.
Awesome employer..
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 6, 2012
Awesome employer great benefits. Lots of opportunities; fast paced job with strong values.