Strayer University

Strayer University Employee Reviews

Always a learning experience
Associate Campus Dean (Adjunct) Spring 2015 (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Faculty development
Cons: None
Definitely a fun work place. The opportunity for growth and development always present itself while Strayer University.
A great place for adult learning.
Student (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 16, 2015
Strayer University is a great place for adult learning, adjusting to working adults or adult lifestyles. The education material is always updating to stay current with today’s business trends.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor/Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 13, 2015
I so enjoy the Strayer environment. The experience it has afforded me has been more than I could have asked for. I encourage my colleagues and students to become a part of the Strayer organization.
Learning & Growing Opportunities
Corporate employee (Former Employee), Northern VAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to support people trying to better themselves with education
Cons: Prefer not to even go there
In my case I was able to acquire a lot of good skills and experiences during my time there, in addition to enjoying my work, and I believe this is true for many. There has always been a great deal mobility (mostly upward), all over the company and for all of my years there. Layoffs are something that management tries hard to avoid, and in large part, succeeds. The work environment was reasonably pleasant for me, although I know this was not always true for everyone depending on the functional unit or the location or who is in charge (which I believe is probably also true everywhere). The difference between being a corporate employee and a field (campus) employee are enormous, hence reviews by corporate v field employees may vary widely.
Fun Work Place Boring Work
Data Entry (Current Employee), HerndonAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Nice work place
Cons: Boring work
There is room to move horizontally but never up. The work place however is a relaxing place with nice people. The work is extremely boring and not worth the money being paid.
Strayer University
Campus President (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2015
Is a good company to work for and provides great benefits., A typical day at work is extremely busy and I learn something new every day. I enjoy working with my co-workers and we all bring something different to the organization.
For Profit Education
Campus Dean (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 3, 2015
It required long hours and a lot of human interaction. A responsible place where ne is supposed to put the students first.
It was an ok Place to work.
ADJUNCT COLLEGE PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2015
It was an ok place to work. I just did not agree with the business philosophy that put profits over students. The students on ground did same work as students online in which student loss out on valuable information that could be provided by the Professor from real world experience.
It is an excellent, academic, and very motivated workplace to work with.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good break times
Cons: More opportunities
Excellent workplace to work where you can advance your education and experience. The staff and the dean are professionals that will help you to improve your job significantly.
Productive work-day with a lot of moving parts.
Assistant Bursar/Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Frequent Free Lunches, Laid back office environment
Cons: Micromanaging
A typical day can include posting Title IV financial aid to student accounts, sending mass communications to students and invoicing to sponsor companies for students' tuition. There is plenty to do always.
Management is okay, moving up requires knowing people and connections.
Fun and upbeat environment
Student (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2015
Really felt like family. No problem going to management with any concerns. Really flexible work schedules and also perks and incentives.
Recruit Adults into higher education
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2015
Admissions recruiter for adults looking to pursue associates, bachelors or master degrees. Hardest part was meeting numbers for the academic quarter. The easiest part is enrolling students.
Great productive place to work
Adjunct Professor- Teaching MBA students (Former Employee), Lithonia, GaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly and creative work environment
Cons: Travel time to work
Typical work day was to setup class room for presentations and lecture. Great students provide subject matter of the day and provide an interactive environment for discussion and learning.
Great Place to be Employed
CAMPUS DEAN - WASHINGTON DC “FLAGSHIP” CAMPUS (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Management and
Cons: Work Life Balance could improve
Strayer University is a very good place to work with excellent leadership. Overall, the leadership is caring and dedicated to promote positive employment engagement and super-fantastic working conditions.
Student pursuing BA in Product management
Student (Former Employee), Arlington CampusJune 4, 2015
A good quality education which focuses on real world situations and events to provide the graduates with better understanding of how things will actually occur in the real world and not just the classroom.
One of the best places I worked for.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 19, 2015
The staff and students were outstanding. They we above and beyond to make sure you had everything you need to ensure a good quality of education for the student. Dean was outstanding and very approchable. The LRC manager were tops in there field. Look forward to returning.
Good company outside of Columbia Campus
Recruiting (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits and growth opportunities
Cons: Extremely Poor Managment, Schedule, and Stress
A typical day consist of making outbound calls to recruit perspective students. The schedule consists of two nights a week working until 8pm and one weekend shift per month at minimum. Very fast paced environment and opportunity for growth.

Extremely poor management and high turnover rate in the Columbia campus. Management within the Columbia campus is unprofessional and manipulative. Corporate has been notified on numerous occasions about the unprincipled behaviors and have failed to resolve the situations.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is repetitive and can quickly become tiring and stressful. The most enjoyable part is helping students.

Unfortunately the previous reviews listed about the Columbia Campus are about 99% accurate.
Fast paced workplace changing lives
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAMay 15, 2015
Pros: wonderful environment, awesome coworkers, free quarterly lunches, great health benefits
Cons: new alternating daily work schedules to include late night shifts, continual layoffs for the past 3 years
answer phones, process mail, processing new student paperwork, check/enter class attendance, contact all campus students absent from class, work directly with Admissions Officers, Campus Director, Campus Dean, Student Financial Services Representative, and Student Success Coaches.
Excellent experience to develop personnal
Recruitment Director (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2015
My work day was around 10-12 hours great environment with departments, directors and corporate. I loved the energy, motivation from others
Never a dull moment
Dean (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2015
Pros: Variety of individuals you meet.
Cons: None really
A typical day is devoted to students, students needs and student success. It is the goal of the staff to focus on those things. With the support of the University's management structure we are able to address issue quickly and almost always to the satisfaction of the learners a Strayer.
Employees