Strayer University Employee Reviews

Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2017
Strayer is a great place to work, especially if you long for a fast paced environment. I learned how to provide students with the confidence to remain in classes, and that's a big job! Management team is awesome and my coworkers are great and a wealth of information. The hardest part of the day is watching a student fail classes and the most enjoyable part of my day is watching a student who previously struggled academically do an excellent job in their class.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Working long hours
Okay Company
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2017
Benefits and pay are the best thing going. the management team is not the best and HR does not care much about fairness. In all fairness, work needs to be done with the culture in the trust area.
School was difficult with on campus classes
Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2017
Had more issues with teachers who refused to work with the working class. Classes were only offered on certain days and at certain hours which made it difficult for those of us who worked, especially early mornings, to attend the entire class.
Pros
Online classes didn't have set times to do class work
Cons
Campus classes were too late for some people who had to work early mornings.
Great school
General Education English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working at the University. The hours were good and the staff and faculty were great to work with. The students were easy to get along with and wanted to learn and express themselves.
Pros
Friendly and professional atmosphere
Cons
night class hours
Great University
Professor of Business/Finance (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2016
Well established university with wonderful educational programs for adult education and continuing education. Friendly atmosphere with great students and faculty.
Worst school
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 20, 2016
Had problems with my Financial Aid the whole time I was there. I was told by Student Financial Services that a particular person could help me. And other people. no one wanted to help me. And still hasn't. They are very unprefossional and do not care about their students.
Pros
fiancial Aid is teribble
Cons
online
Great school
IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 7, 2016
Workers are dedicated to their jobs and well knowledged in the IT field. They thoroughly train their workers and offer a fun, comfortable environment with a lot of support if you get stressed.
Typical Day At Work
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2016
Ensure prospective students’ admissions files are complete and assist students with initial registration process. • Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including SAS, SFS, Academics, and
the University Registrar’s Office.
Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
Great place to learn, and be part of team
IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 3, 2016
Great place to learn latest technology, and mentor junior staff in Online Apps, Server technologies. I also like Project based work that allows me to create solutions for the company
Temporary position
Registrar Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 13, 2016
Worked in temporary position. Flexible work hours, friendly environment, clean and well equipped offices. Not particularly clear communication among job areas and changing leadership made some aspects difficult.
A resume filler
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 10, 2016
Strayer is a resume filler. There is not job security and if you not part of the "click" then you'll be left out in the cold.
for profit college only concerned with money
Fulltime Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2016
Strayer University uses metrics to evaluate the professors and does not take into account that the admissions department registers unprepared students just to meet their goals of so many students enrolled each quarter. This causes excellent professors at the inner city campuses to be discharged even though those professors have exemplary ratings from their deans and students.
Cons
not concerned about student success
Work in progress
Adjunct Mathematics Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2016
Great idea of class scheduling times to attract target group of students.
Being available on ground in most cities nationwide as well as online
helps to establish the reputation of the University.
Great institution
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Great organization to work for, encourages active engagement with students. Excellent opportunity for part-time work.
Decent organization to work for
Professor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 3, 2016
Decent place to work, but there's so much organizational change going on all the time. ALL THE TIME. You never really know if you are going to have a job. From top to bottom, there is NO job security. The pay is not good for instructors at all. It is way below industry averages. Feels like we are being taken advantage of sometimes.
Pros
The hours for instructors are good
Cons
The pay is not good, I am making what I made when I graduated with my bachelors degree and I have a doctorate. Sad.
Awful, awful place to work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 1, 2016
I have never worked in a place with such low morale. Senior management thinks popcorn machines, soda machines, and ping-pong tables will get them on a Great Place to Work list. They are trying so hard to lure good talent, but have no idea how to retain their good employees that they already have. 1% raises will never get you on a Great Place to Work list. This is definitely one of those places where it doesn't matter WHAT you know, its all about WHO you know.
Pros
Cons
if you have never worked for Disney, you don't stand a chance.
Nice benefits, always room for advancement
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 26, 2016
Always coming up with new ideas and looking for new ideas to improve may sometimes 'over do' team involvement and/or changes for improvement..
Flexible environment, teamwork inspired, rewards employees for new customers and retention
Pros
Very interested in getting feedback from all employees, lowest to highest, involves and uses transparency about company
Cons
Recognizes management for leading the team to success but does not reward others
Didn't Work there long by choice
Part-Time Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 24, 2016
Management was questionable and ineffective. Every position is a sales position, no matter how the position is presented. Very flexible and probably the ONLY thing I enjoyed.
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
good school, was able to learn a lot about helping others because i went the to learn about helping people with substance abuse problems and getting certified to do counseling.
Pros
good education
They Call it a Salary?
University professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCAugust 8, 2016
Applied for a job there. I am a highly qualified professor with great credentials and an excellent teaching record. Duke Ph.D. Years of experience in the classroom at major universitites.

They wanted to pay an absurdly low salary for a full course of 15 weeks with all that goes with it. In addition, for that money I was supposed to jump through hoops that included sending them a video of an introductory class.

A note to prospective students: Be careful of the quality of your instructors. At the salaries they are offering they can't possibly be attracting top people.

To Strayer: You really need to learn to distinguish between senior people applying and those who are newly minted in your application process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.