Strayer University Employee Reviews in United States

Do not work for this organization
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2016
I would not work for them again. I was micromanaged, bullied and shown no respect from my boss. Upper management only enabled and looked over the problems and issues. I was constantly blamed for problems that I could nothing about.
Cons
I love teaching at Strayer!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAApril 24, 2016
I have worked there a year teaching English to college freshman, and I love it! The students are an eclectic mix, and the administration and co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
Every day is different.
Cons
The only con is that I don't work there full-time.
Full time student
Graduate Student-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 19, 2016
I truly appreciate the professor that heads the business department. He has real word experience and clearly connects it to the program.
Pros
Accepts GI Bill and facilitates the Yellow Ribbon program
Cons
Not enough teachers on staff for the Graduate program
good
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 15, 2016
good work place, fast-paced. a lot of front end activities involved on a day to day basis. Work with a diverse group. Room for promotion and growth
Innovative
Business Account Development Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2016
Very people orientated. The culture is based on integrity and letting the employees handle they own business. They could pay a little more for their talent.
Productive Workplace
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 28, 2016
This job experience has taught me a lot. I am responsible for admitting the student into the university. I enjoy working closely with students.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Nice Campus
Cons
No Security
Wouldn't recommend
Financial Services Specialist FA (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 22, 2016
Your position can change without consent from what you are hired on as. Tasks are often micromanaged and unreachable. Constant drama. Heavy workloads and small room for advancement. HR does not take concerns seriously and you are warned that going to HR will hurt your ability for advancement or to stay. High turn over rate and very little benefits. Would only recommend if your looking for a new position and need an in between.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micro management
Productive Hard Working Team Environment
CAMPUS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 22, 2016
Strayer Lithonia Campus is a University of hard working talented individuals, who strive to not only be the best but produce SUCCESSFUL, EDUCATED, TALENTED, MOTIVATED students.
Pros
flexible hours, free lunches
Cons
compensation
Totally fraudulent and unethical
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2016
I was lied to about the work hours during the interview process. After receiving the job, I learned I was required to work 2 Saturdays every month, although I was told one Saturday every 2-3 months. After getting HR and the Regional VP involved, the campus manager then shifted the story to "Saturdays on a rotating basis," which often equates to 2 Saturdays each month because this admissions staff consists of only TWO people. I have several years of admissions experience and have NEVER seen an admissions staff this small-the size leads to many of the issues there. There was no work/life balance, as they expect work to be your life and have very little regard for any type of family situation that renders an employee unable to work. The training was subpar and often set employees up to be "redirected" on areas they were never trained on to begin with. This fuels the ego of the campus manager who has incredibly low self esteem and allows her to feel as if she is the expert, neglecting to see she is breaking down her staff members in the process. The centralized training in Virginia doesn't adequately train employees on how things are done on the local campus, as every campus handles admissions processes differently. Very high-school like environment where verbal insults are hurled by the campus manager, and often during team meetings. Lots of gossip and behind-the-back manipulation that occurs, from everyone, regardless of job title. Toxic environment. From a student's or outsider's perspective, Strayer is a wonderful school, but having worked there and left by choice shortly after  more... 90 days; I can from experience say the South Charlotte campus is as unethical as one would come to expect from any large, for profit institution. It's all about the numbers, although they will make you think it's not--until the campus is not hitting the numbers.The campus manager is a cancer that upper level management has refused to cut out and the market director is powerless to make any significant change to improve the employees' experience. Avoid this place at all costs if you desire to work in a positive, professional environment. If you just want a paycheck, go in, do what you need to do, and get out. Don't ever let them convince you they care about you as a person.  less
Pros
Free food/staff pot luck
Cons
Everything else, not worth the salary
All about the money!
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Not a great place to work, they don't care about the students or the employees. All they care about is the money and getting over on people. What they do in the dark will come to light and Strayer will be forced to do things differently. I did make a lot of money while I did work there!
Pros
Work from home and travel
Cons
All they care about is the money, poor students!
Great Place
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  South Raleigh Campus, Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2016
I love working at Strayer U. It is full of people who are willing and want to help those that seek help. The staff is so very nice, its more like family than the typical work place. It is all very professional. The let you know when something needs to be done and how they expect it to be done, the way, as well as the time frame.
So far, the other employees, both those at the campus I work at and the ones I have met from other campuses, are all very good people-people! They all seem to enjoy the work they do and want those around them to succeed in their life also.
Pros
There seems to be food provided regularly, and the staff does things for each other.
Cons
I really dont have any.
Great work place!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Excellent culture to work in...Staff is always supportive of your needs. Very responsive to any assistance you request. Working with non-traditional adult learners where they learn a variety of disciplines.
Excellent company
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 20, 2016
Promising and enjoyable company to be a part of. Would love the opportunity to try other areas. As a student, the staff was instrumental in helping me navigate school and a full time job.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Absolutely Nothing
Bad Experience
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 17, 2016
Taught Statistics 1X/week. Very Boring as students were il-prepared for this curriculum.

I taught 4 hours per week. The other instructors were deeply in debt from their educational loans and the entire environment was dismal.
Pros
Cons
Waste of Time
All about the Numbers
Student Support/Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2016
While this was a wonderful job opportunity right out of college it quickly proved to be all about the numbers game. While I understand that its a for-profit university and to continue new students and current students must register, I was not okay with letting my ethics take a back seat.
Pros
Great skill buliding opportunity
Cons
Did not align with my long term life goals
Great Company to work with, Excellent Envirnoment
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Strayer is great place to learn new things, co worker are exceptionally professional and hard working. Management is very professional in all areas.
Cons
Healthcare, Flexible Schedules
Great office wrk experience
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 17, 2015
Great office work experience, Academic and Admissions staff are team builders. Management are numbers driven to the point it steals from their integrity and interpersonal skills. They lack well rounded management skills... a little too clique-ish for my professional preference. Stepping stone opportunity.
Pros
Great office wrk experience
Cons
management
good
Return to Title Four Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 14, 2015
Working there overall is been a good experience for me and I was able to grow and show my potentials in some aspects. My co workers are friendly and smart however I believe that it is time for me to experience different fields.
Strayer University
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
Great company to work for! The support staff and training are excellent! The hours are great. The academic programs are well developed and integrated with Black Board - very easy to use and the support staff/leadership is very astute and professional!
Pros
All pros!
Cons
No cons!
Fast-paced encouraging family oriented environment.
SENIOR SALES ADMISSIONS ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2015
We operate as a family where support and advancement are plentiful. Management leads with complete disclosure and positive motivation. While the day is full, it is comforting working with people who support one another, regardless of 'numbers'.
Pros
Upwardly mobile institution committed to educating.
Cons
Late nights along with some weekends.