Strayer University Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 20, 2016
Promising and enjoyable company to be a part of. Would love the opportunity to try other areas. As a student, the staff was instrumental in helping me navigate school and a full time job.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Absolutely Nothing
Bad Experience
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 17, 2016
Taught Statistics 1X/week. Very Boring as students were il-prepared for this curriculum.

I taught 4 hours per week. The other instructors were deeply in debt from their educational loans and the entire environment was dismal.
Pros
Cons
Waste of Time
All about the Numbers
Student Support/Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2016
While this was a wonderful job opportunity right out of college it quickly proved to be all about the numbers game. While I understand that its a for-profit university and to continue new students and current students must register, I was not okay with letting my ethics take a back seat.
Pros
Great skill buliding opportunity
Cons
Did not align with my long term life goals
Great Company to work with, Excellent Envirnoment
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Strayer is great place to learn new things, co worker are exceptionally professional and hard working. Management is very professional in all areas.
Cons
Healthcare, Flexible Schedules
Great office wrk experience
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 17, 2015
Great office work experience, Academic and Admissions staff are team builders. Management are numbers driven to the point it steals from their integrity and interpersonal skills. They lack well rounded management skills... a little too clique-ish for my professional preference. Stepping stone opportunity.
Pros
Great office wrk experience
Cons
management
good
Return to Title Four Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 14, 2015
Working there overall is been a good experience for me and I was able to grow and show my potentials in some aspects. My co workers are friendly and smart however I believe that it is time for me to experience different fields.
Strayer University
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
Great company to work for! The support staff and training are excellent! The hours are great. The academic programs are well developed and integrated with Black Board - very easy to use and the support staff/leadership is very astute and professional!
Pros
All pros!
Cons
No cons!
Fast-paced encouraging family oriented environment.
SENIOR SALES ADMISSIONS ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 29, 2015
We operate as a family where support and advancement are plentiful. Management leads with complete disclosure and positive motivation. While the day is full, it is comforting working with people who support one another, regardless of 'numbers'.
Pros
Upwardly mobile institution committed to educating.
Cons
Late nights along with some weekends.
Fantastic team
Computer Labs Manager (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 24, 2015
Strayer University DC Campus has the best team to work with. Flexible working hours and colleagues are always willing to provide support. Daily stand up meetings sets tone for the day.
Pros
Enabling environment to grow
Cons
Part time job
Great Place to work!
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2015
Comfortable work environment and great team to work with. I very much enjoy the high level of customer interaction that comes with the front line experience.

Want to know more about Strayer University?

Ask a question
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 13, 2015
Overall, Strayer was a pretty descent place to work at. I loved helping students who wanted to help themselves get to the next level and exceed their own expectations. The product is great and easy to stand behind. Strayer was okay when it came to work life balance. The compensation and benefits are excellent! The opportunity for job advancement is there if you're willing to relocate and advancement is the same...if you're willing to relocate. Management is okay but redefining corporate structure is necessary. For the most part, working with peers was absolutely great...85% of it was wonderful! My direct management was incredible. But the corporate structure sometimes made it hard for departments to coexist, especially at the campus level. However, its an awesome hands on learning opportunity if you seek a challenge in personal growth when it comes to dealing with difficult one off situations.

Overall, I loved working there!
Pros
Benefits, compensation, hands on experience with managing personalities
Cons
None, it's all a great learning experience
Great people and fun atmosphere!
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 10, 2015
Good place to work with a higher purpose, educating the working adult professional.

I put students first. Good co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the student connection.
Great job if you love to teach
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 5, 2015
Great pay, nice environment. Colleagues were great. Fun place to work. It was there part-time and really enjoyed the experience!
Good working environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 29, 2015
Work environment is good. Strayer really cares about the success of their students and makes sure that they as well as faculty have what is needed to be successful.
productive and fun place with lots of food
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NEWARK DEOctober 14, 2015
A nice work place with supportive co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the students and reminiscing about when they first came to the school and how scared they were and now they are getting ready to graduate..
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with my peers at strayer university. It was like a family and I enjoyed helping my students structure their academic career.
Faculty and Students are Amazing
Learning Resources Center Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
Faculty and Students are Amazing!!!! Students and faculty are friendly, approachable, kind, and willing to work with you.
It was okay from what I remember
Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 17, 2015
I learned a great deal about management at Arby's in Talladega. I was a shift manager, so I was able to have full control of my staff. We enjoyed work and worked hard as well. It was here that I learned about time management and how important it is, especially when its time to close and you're ready to go home!
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2015
Its not about educating the individual, its about putting forth a preset curriculum that does not encourage critical thinking. Tests are online and open book. All the students have to do is hit CRT F to find the answers. Students get passed even though they do not know how to form a thesis. The classes are structured to have the student pass not learn.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
not about education, getting hold of superiors is impossible
Typical Office Environment
Transcript Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 31, 2015
OK management. Can't say I it's the best place to work at.There is definitely room to grow but the work load is always high.