Strayer University Employee Reviews

Work in progress
Adjunct Mathematics Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2016
Great idea of class scheduling times to attract target group of students.
Being available on ground in most cities nationwide as well as online
helps to establish the reputation of the University.
Great institution
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Great organization to work for, encourages active engagement with students. Excellent opportunity for part-time work.
Decent organization to work for
Professor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 3, 2016
Decent place to work, but there's so much organizational change going on all the time. ALL THE TIME. You never really know if you are going to have a job. From top to bottom, there is NO job security. The pay is not good for instructors at all. It is way below industry averages. Feels like we are being taken advantage of sometimes.
Pros
The hours for instructors are good
Cons
The pay is not good, I am making what I made when I graduated with my bachelors degree and I have a doctorate. Sad.
Awful, awful place to work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 1, 2016
I have never worked in a place with such low morale. Senior management thinks popcorn machines, soda machines, and ping-pong tables will get them on a Great Place to Work list. They are trying so hard to lure good talent, but have no idea how to retain their good employees that they already have. 1% raises will never get you on a Great Place to Work list. This is definitely one of those places where it doesn't matter WHAT you know, its all about WHO you know.
Pros
Cons
if you have never worked for Disney, you don't stand a chance.
Nice benefits, always room for advancement
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 26, 2016
Always coming up with new ideas and looking for new ideas to improve may sometimes 'over do' team involvement and/or changes for improvement..
Flexible environment, teamwork inspired, rewards employees for new customers and retention
Pros
Very interested in getting feedback from all employees, lowest to highest, involves and uses transparency about company
Cons
Recognizes management for leading the team to success but does not reward others
Didn't Work there long by choice
Part-Time Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 24, 2016
Management was questionable and ineffective. Every position is a sales position, no matter how the position is presented. Very flexible and probably the ONLY thing I enjoyed.
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
good school, was able to learn a lot about helping others because i went the to learn about helping people with substance abuse problems and getting certified to do counseling.
Pros
good education
They Call it a Salary?
University professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCAugust 8, 2016
Applied for a job there. I am a highly qualified professor with great credentials and an excellent teaching record. Duke Ph.D. Years of experience in the classroom at major universitites.

They wanted to pay an absurdly low salary for a full course of 15 weeks with all that goes with it. In addition, for that money I was supposed to jump through hoops that included sending them a video of an introductory class.

A note to prospective students: Be careful of the quality of your instructors. At the salaries they are offering they can't possibly be attracting top people.

To Strayer: You really need to learn to distinguish between senior people applying and those who are newly minted in your application process.
Proactive and very dynamic
Student Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 27, 2016
I acted as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries, accuracy and completeness of payment plans
I monitored accounts and communicated with students to resolve outstanding balances.
I processed student payments received at the campus and assisted with the daily reconciliation process.
-I maintained general ledger up to date on a daily basis.
Recruiter/Sales (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 25, 2016
Strayer is a great place to work if you enjoy Sales. I learned a lot working in Strayer. As an Admissions Officer my responsibilities were close to the role of a recruiter.
It's just ok
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 23, 2016
Not enough pay for the amount of work.
A typical day consists of calling 80-100 leads
meeting with students
walking them through the application
securing their enrollment documents
phone and campus interviews
financial aid overview
etc. just......a lot
Sales
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 22, 2016
This position is basically sales, if you are a strong sales person then its for you but its confusing because in training I was told differently. Also, I don't like working for companies that have blackout days which you can't request days off even if you have the time.
Ok place to work
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 21, 2016
hard to grow within the company, alot of changes, hard to make good money, depending on leadership hard to build if the leader lacks quality leadership skills within the office.
Nothing more than a high-pressure sales/call center
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2016
I thought this would be a good position at first (I think most people do). The training was informative, and you're made to feel like you'll be making a real difference for people who would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend college. However, after the training period, the honeymoon wears off very quickly. You're expected to be 'chained to your desk' (quoted directly by management), making over 100 dials per-day, or having 3 hours of talk time per-shift. The 'leadership' often stand directly over your shoulder while you're talking, and stress the ABC or 'Always Be Closing' model to get unsuspecting rubes to sign up to a school they'll never graduate from, with loans they'll never be able to repay. Bottom line: DO NOT WORK THERE, and if you have to, only work there long enough to find a better job somewhere else. And when you do get a new and better job, don't bother to give a two week notice. I did because I believed at the time it was the professional thing to do, and was promptly let go.
Pros
Lunch if you met your sales quota
Cons
Long and unvaried work hours, mandatory overtime, high pressure sales environment
Not bad but could be better
Regional Manager Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 13, 2016
It is a good place to start and grow, get out once you have built your professional skills. Good people. Tough industry to be in.
great changing company
Student Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2016
Great benefits and amazing coworkers. Company is always adjusting and changing to better service the students. Its all about team effort.
Do not work for this organization
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2016
I would not work for them again. I was micromanaged, bullied and shown no respect from my boss. Upper management only enabled and looked over the problems and issues. I was constantly blamed for problems that I could nothing about.
Cons
I love teaching at Strayer!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAApril 24, 2016
I have worked there a year teaching English to college freshman, and I love it! The students are an eclectic mix, and the administration and co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
Every day is different.
Cons
The only con is that I don't work there full-time.
Full time student
Graduate Student-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 19, 2016
I truly appreciate the professor that heads the business department. He has real word experience and clearly connects it to the program.
Pros
Accepts GI Bill and facilitates the Yellow Ribbon program
Cons
Not enough teachers on staff for the Graduate program
Innovative
Business Account Development Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2016
Very people orientated. The culture is based on integrity and letting the employees handle they own business. They could pay a little more for their talent.