Strayer University Employee Reviews

Solid place to work
Student Financial Services Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 20, 2017
Good place to work. Potential for advancement. Student's can be a bit difficult to work with since it is a for-profit school. Many students appear to attend the university to get a refund.
Pretty great
Associate Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided direction, growth, and learning opportunities. I created bonds with mentors and employees that I still carry with me.
Not a fun place to work
Student Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2017
Genrally, perspective students are treated like numbers.
Anything is done to get individuals to enroll.
Manager is not good at all.
Profit matters.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work.
Part time position
Admissions Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 30, 2017
This was s position that I found out later was a temporary position. Replacing a lady on maternity leave. I loved working with the students to find their financial aide!
Pros
I loved the staff
Cons
I had no idea it was a temporary position
Great Online School!
Adjunct Sociology Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 28, 2017
Strayer Online is a good school to teach for with fair compensation. There is plenty of training to equip instructors for the position and on going support. They are always improving the program and updating the technology.
Competitive/Sales/Customer Service Position
Student Support Mgr. / Corporate Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
Enrolled adult students in higher education.
Customer service as well as sales driven position,
Enjoyed working with students to achieve their goals, personal
and for employment.
Love Adult Learners
Adjunt Faculty in Mathematics and Business (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at Strayer involves helping adult students in their academic pursuits. There, I teach statistics for undergraduate students and business statistics for graduate students.
A Typical Day at Work
Office of the Registrar (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy working at Strayer University, because everybody is so nice and easy to work with. I work in a team with 9 other people and all are very helpful. Every time we finish a quarter or big project usually my supervisor buys us lunch and celebrate our accomplishments.

On a typical day, I come in and start processing transcripts for incoming students and printing out forms and then I have to sort them out and send them out either through fax, mail, or email it to the school. And then file all of the forms in the order that I processed it.
Poor management
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 20, 2017
The school management are too concerned with the bottom line. While one understand's it is a business to make money, it should not be at the expense of the students or staff. However, not al negative. The campus management and staff are professional and try their best to right this wrong.
Stressful place
Student Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJuly 18, 2017
I was working early, and leaving very late the university. It was a very stressful position. The pressure was tedious. And I am glad to have left this position.
Enjoyable part of my job
Adjunct Faculty-Business (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my position is the opportunity to be a positive influence in the lives of the students. My manager is awesome! Positive influence
Very productive and wonderful place to work
Associate Campus Dean College Readiness (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work! I love the students and the people and the challenges. Strayer is very well organized and it is a great school for both on campus and online students.
Decent place to work and go to school.
Computer Lab/LRC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2017
New hires get competitive wages over existing employees who deserve raises due to longevity, work performance, experience, and dedication. Loyalty is not rewarded.
Good Teachers
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2017
Good and understanding teachers. Provides an environment where your family need not feel your absence while you study. Good for family parents and also working students.
Pros
Good Learning Environment
Cons
Great place to gain experience
Register services specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 7, 2017
Strayer university is a very lovely work place. There is a very good work/fun balance. The management is very helpful and the team works very well together.
Strayer University
Adjunct Professor Economics (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 4, 2017
The Strayer University is a wonderful online as well as brick and mortar university for non traditional students.
Great students and very helpful staff.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Too many online courses for faculty training to complete
Good place to grow
SFS Campus Operations Specialist For Corporate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 28, 2017
It's a good place to grow and learn. Management micro-managed to much. Besides that it's rewarding helping students achieve their end goal--the degree.
Management protects their own job and those that "follow"
Director (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 27, 2017
Horrible Leadership at the VP level. Consumed and scared they will be replaced so continue to shuffle under them and deflect their own misgivings. Sadistic place to be! Turnover high based on lack of ability to build culture and partner with those supposedly entrusted to get it done.
Pros
Nice Corporate office
Cons
NO loyalty to those really getting it done.
Online Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 26, 2017
I was a full-time online student at this school. It was a great school and i enjoyed attending it. The only negative thing about it was how much work and how stressful it can get sometimes.
Strayer University
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 23, 2017
It's ok, work hours are way too long and pay is not that great. Clarity on work does not exist. It seems this place enrolls students who can hardly understand how to fill out an application.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval