Strayer University

Strayer University United States Employee Reviews

Work Place To Work In Houston
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
The environment is ALL messed up and they are completely unfair. Everyone is finding other places of employment due to bad working conditions
Strayer University
Onsite Program Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2015
High energy atmosphere. Must be able to easily and quickly adapt to change Based on trust, loyalty and relationship building.
Very rewarding place to work
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Suitland, MDApril 21, 2015
I was allowed the opportunity to change many lives by showing my students how education can directly change their lives for the better!
n/a
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2015
• Manages the operation of both the Business Office and the campus.
• Responsible for the execution of financial aid policies, requirements, and procedures.
• Monitors the activities of the campus Business Office to ensure compliance with established guidelines regarding federal student financial assistance programs and provides established collection and audit goals.
• Accurately perform Return to Title IV calculations and associated decisions.
• Support cooperative cross-functional, cross-regional communications and dialogue by maintaining a close working relationship with campus teams, regional teams, Bursar, Internal Audit, and related groups.
• Serves as Student Support Manager for retention and student services.
• Lead university-wide Financial Aid workshop efforts
Well-intentioned academic group stifled by operations priorites.
Manager - Academics (Former Employee), Newington, VAApril 15, 2015
The academic group works diligently to educate an underserved population. The operations group controls purse strings and underfunds the education delivery team.
predatory institution, cut throat
Campus Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
management who will throw you under the bus to safe face in the sake of self preservation, regional leaders all from disney, not educators, profit hungry, not truly student-centric, other regional leaders who are ball droppers and keep job based on inappropriate relationship with CEO (TJ)
Good Company
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Family oriented, face paced, very energized company to work for. Flexible hours with great benefits. Room for advancement / growth and very diverse company
Nice place to work
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Handled all computer issues for the entire campus, conducted surveys for students and staff. Setup new email account for newly hired staff, Assisted student with locating study materials, overseen all activities for campus library. Conducted weekend tutoring for students, made inbound and outbound calls. Operated all audio and visual equipment for the campus, and other duties as requested.
Go Strayer!!!
Admissions Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2015
* Coordinated with all academic departments to guarantee student development and retention rates.
* Liaison with corporate network, software development and applications development for restoration, service, and corrective maintenance.
* Developed presentations, spreadsheets, flowcharts, project plans, templates and forms.
* Prepared presentations, and assisted with marketing plans for offsite and campus events.
* Compiled reports, along with weekly and monthly reports coordinating from director level to senior management and executive staff level.
* Established standards and processes to improve overall productivity, resulting in: 60% team productivity increase.
Very Unorganized
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 5, 2015
This is a good company as a whole, but the organization is one that lacks. Within the last 6 months my campus alone has gone through 3 Campus Directors, several Admissions Representatives and the students are noticing these many changes which has them questioning a lot.
Great for people who are looking for consistency
Student Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Limited growth if you are not willing or able to move.
Strayer is a great company and it is filled with some of the best people in the industry. It is a very personable yet a very hard working place to work. They tend to change strategies at will so you must be a person who is adaptable to change.
Strayer is a large university with professional staff and a great place to work.
Academic Assistant to Dean (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: meeting great professional people from all areas of the country.
Cons: the restructuring of the university and combining jobs.
Strayer University opened a campus in Greenville, SC in March, 2004 and I began my career with the university as Academic Assistant to the Dean. I helped with the hiring of the faculty, scheduling the classes and ordering books for the faculty. Also, I assisted students with planning their curriculum and scheduling classes. I was responsible for maintaining student files, checking transcripts and tracking time sheets for advisors. I was constantly working with faculty concerns, administrative concerns and student issues. The hardest part of the job was the turn over in Deans, but it was also enjoyable in that I have made friends for life with great people in the academic world.
Work Ethics
Administrative Assistant (AA) to College Dean (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work began with a "mind to work". At Strayer University I learned the academic and operational sides of the business. My co-workers were family and we all worked as a team striving to ensure that every student had the opportunity to advance toward getting a degree. The most enjoyable part of my job was the students, seeing them daily and fulfilling their dreams toward graduation.
Review
adjunct professor (Former Employee), OnlineFebruary 17, 2015
I totally enjoyed working with the students at Strayer University. The online class was very diverse. That assured me an exciting and inviting environment. I would love to work again with an online class.

My only concern was at times I felt it more important to provide the university a perfectly written (font & size) syllabus rather than provide the students a winning and rewarding environment in which to learn.
Productive, and fun place to work with opportunity to work with Budget expectations
Senior Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working with students to accomplish their degree after using previous credits, for build a bachelors, and masters degree.
Cons: working on weekends, late weekday hours.
Great opportunity to change careers and move into the education and the higher learning arena. Enjoyed working with students at this level building a great group of Bachelor and Masters Level students that have graduated and moved into meaningful positions in the community. Developed a local chapter for the Strayer Birmingham campus for the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) organization. Interacted and participated with the local business community to assist in the agenda for local city chapter for the SHRM organization.
Very produuctive work environment
Faculty Affairs/Faculty Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I work in a fast paced dynamic environment that requires me to perform independently with minimal direction, and provide meaningful contributions to the team. I have learned a lot over the years from working in different departments and with amazing leaders and great staff.
Higher Education Sales/Admissions
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: providing a service to clients
Cons: long hours
Reviewing candidates for graduate and undergraduate degree programs. Learned all facets of admission process. Worked with a diverse population seeking higher education.
Productive and fun place to work at
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: our team
Cons: many changes
I love my job and dealing with the students. At times it is very stressful but it's mostly when I can't explain to a student why their funds have not posted to their account. I also enjoy the team I work with.
Good place to work with other professionals
Adjunct Professor of World Religions (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
• Provide lecture experience for undergraduate class of 18-35 students in order to bridge scholarly material to real-life implementation

• Collegial duties of teaching scholarly research process to be transferrable to business environment
• Conduct course need assessments and analysis of course evaluations to measure transference of class knowledge for institutional growth
• Assist students in scholarly writing, development, and maintenance of course materials, lesson plans, and practice exercises
• Utilize religious studies to enhance students appreciation and respect for cultural differences in the workplace and community
Great Place to Work. I love it.
Adjunct Professor of Accounting (Current Employee), Newington, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Management is supportive. Students are great. Classes are well-organized.

1 2 3 4 5

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Salaries