Strayer University Employee Reviews

Stressfu,l Unfair, and Unethical workplace
Employment History- Admissions Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 21, 2017
I have never seen a University quite like Strayer. It is all about who you know and who you're friends with. When you're first hired they paint this picture of excellence, but they are so far from it. The management at my campus is terrible. The regional directors and VPs won't do anything about it. The HR department is useless. All Strayer cares about is profit and numbers . They try to bribe you with free lunches and whatever else they can to trick you into doing what they want. Yes they give 90% off tuition however their programs and professors suck! I wouldn't advise any employee to pursue their degree here. They lay off people at any given time and expect the rest of the staff to do 2 or 3 or 4 jobs at once with no extra pay. They are unorganized and their training is trash. I would use this job as a stepping stone nothing long term. They force OT on admissions and nothing we do is ever good enough. They ALWAYS want more.
Pros
Nothing that you can't get at another place of employment
Cons
Everything I listed in the description
Great Place to Start Learning New Skills
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 20, 2017
It is a good place to start your professional career. It has great benefits and perks. However, it lacks further advancements. For people who are ready for new challenges and responsibilities, I cannot tell that it can stay as attractive as it was in the beginning.
Very Conservative Slow Environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Slow environment, not many incentives for Admissions Officers to maintain high volume of enrollments each quarter. Company overall is very conservative, not much innovation to stay updated with technological advancements in the industry.
Admissions Manager
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 9, 2017
fast past environment; lofty expectations and provided few resources to achieve them. Very unstable work environmental with cost cutting a key part of their strategic approach.
culture too liberal
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2017
I am a white female christian conservative so I did not fit well into the liberal progressive culture of the school. When I started working there it was not like that.
Pros
excellant curriculum
Cons
too progressive and liberal politically
Good workplace.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2017
Good workplace. Overall, grading is time consuming since it takes a lot of diligence to accomplish. The most enjoyable part has been providing communication feedback to students and providing course recommendation insight to management. Thanks.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication
Solid place to work
Student Financial Services Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 20, 2017
Good place to work. Potential for advancement. Student's can be a bit difficult to work with since it is a for-profit school. Many students appear to attend the university to get a refund.
Pretty great
Associate Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. They provided direction, growth, and learning opportunities. I created bonds with mentors and employees that I still carry with me.
Not a fun place to work
Student Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2017
Genrally, perspective students are treated like numbers.
Anything is done to get individuals to enroll.
Manager is not good at all.
Profit matters.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work.
Part time position
Admissions Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 30, 2017
This was s position that I found out later was a temporary position. Replacing a lady on maternity leave. I loved working with the students to find their financial aide!
Pros
I loved the staff
Cons
I had no idea it was a temporary position
Great Online School!
Adjunct Sociology Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 28, 2017
Strayer Online is a good school to teach for with fair compensation. There is plenty of training to equip instructors for the position and on going support. They are always improving the program and updating the technology.
Competitive/Sales/Customer Service Position
Student Support Mgr. / Corporate Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
Enrolled adult students in higher education.
Customer service as well as sales driven position,
Enjoyed working with students to achieve their goals, personal
and for employment.
Love Adult Learners
Adjunt Faculty in Mathematics and Business (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at Strayer involves helping adult students in their academic pursuits. There, I teach statistics for undergraduate students and business statistics for graduate students.
A Typical Day at Work
Office of the Registrar (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy working at Strayer University, because everybody is so nice and easy to work with. I work in a team with 9 other people and all are very helpful. Every time we finish a quarter or big project usually my supervisor buys us lunch and celebrate our accomplishments.

On a typical day, I come in and start processing transcripts for incoming students and printing out forms and then I have to sort them out and send them out either through fax, mail, or email it to the school. And then file all of the forms in the order that I processed it.
Poor management
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 20, 2017
The school management are too concerned with the bottom line. While one understand's it is a business to make money, it should not be at the expense of the students or staff. However, not al negative. The campus management and staff are professional and try their best to right this wrong.
Stressful place
Student Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJuly 18, 2017
I was working early, and leaving very late the university. It was a very stressful position. The pressure was tedious. And I am glad to have left this position.
Enjoyable part of my job
Adjunct Faculty-Business (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my position is the opportunity to be a positive influence in the lives of the students. My manager is awesome! Positive influence
Very productive and wonderful place to work
Associate Campus Dean College Readiness (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work! I love the students and the people and the challenges. Strayer is very well organized and it is a great school for both on campus and online students.
Decent place to work and go to school.
Computer Lab/LRC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2017
New hires get competitive wages over existing employees who deserve raises due to longevity, work performance, experience, and dedication. Loyalty is not rewarded.
Good Teachers
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 8, 2017
Good and understanding teachers. Provides an environment where your family need not feel your absence while you study. Good for family parents and also working students.
Pros
Good Learning Environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9