Strayer University

Strayer University United States Employee Reviews

Being a student at Strayer University was very challenging and rewarding. The dean, staff and resources was exceptionally good for and to me.
Student (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I am interested in working with probationers to ensure they follow the rules and regulations of their probation status. I want to be instrumental in advising them to become productive citizens, and enhance their ability to work and maintain self-sufficiency. I would encourage them to further their education at a higher institution or develop a trade that could afford them the position of entrepreneurship.
Fast pace environment
Student Support Manager (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: work/life balance
Fast paced environment. You have the ability to help others.
Friendly and professional
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: feasibility
Cons: expense
Strayer University is a helpful University and very resourceful. However, it appears to be a little paper intensive and driven. I would venture to state that you the university makes it a priority to accommodate the student's schedule. It appears that the professors are genuine and are very knowledgeable in their field of study.
Campus Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2014
Overall, Strayer is a great place to work, learn, and to be developed as a leader. The culture has changed from a top down mentally to a strategic flattened organization. This change has created a great advancement and growth for staff, faculty and the company as a whole. Meetings are strategically planned not to impede on your days so you can be productive. Pay is average, but the benefits are good. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping students achieve their goals.
Teaching is a great opportunity
Adjunct Professor -Developmental Mathematics (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2014
Working at Strayer gives me the opportunity to work with students while they continue their education.
The worst place you could ever work!
Admissions Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: ability to earn an advanced degree at a discounted price.
Cons: absolutely no work life balance.
Management is only concern with filling seats long enough to qualify for Federal Student Aid. Employees and students are only a means to an end, enriching the shareholders value. This company is an excellent example of what's wrong with the for profit education arena. They only care about making a profit not enriching the lives of the students that attend and employees that work there.
Love the Atmosphere
Admission Assistant (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDDecember 4, 2014
I loved helping students get through a typical school day, i also was a student there myself, co-workers and management was excellent, it wasn't nothing hard about the job, kept me busy and i enjoyed what i was doing. I've learned that it takes patience to deal with the public in all situation especially dealing with people that is trying to pursue a career and go back to school to further their education.
Very challenging and rewarding
Student Services Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 25, 2014
Responsible for day to day operations of the Student Services Department.
Good work environment
Campus Director (President) (Former Employee), Takoma, MDNovember 17, 2014
The job is very hard and tiresome; but the overall output is worth it. You get to see your work and see how it impacts others around you.
Not a place to go to school
staff (Former Employee), Greater ChicagoNovember 16, 2014
Cons: everything
This university should not be chosen as very few classes are offered face to face. This makes it very hard to pass as for any online classes, it is difficult to have your questions answered.

It is not clear whether getting a degree will be helpful. Strayer University does have the bad reputation of being a for-profit school and for-profit schools have a very bad reputation. They are known to help the students to get financial aid so they are being paid and the students are stuck with no job and huge loans. Quite the government is cracking down on for-profit schools and shutting the schools. This means the degree is worth nothing and it is disgraceful to be associated to such an institution.
Not a great job if you would love to have a life
Learning Resource Center Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2014
Pros: kind students, nice staff
Cons: poor communication, poor management, schedule
Working 6 days a week can be very difficult, especially around the holidays, the years I've worked here, I never got to use my vacation around Christmas to spend with my family because I was from the area.

Job tasks, you are given a lot and "other duties as necessary" is an understatement. You basically have 4 jobs rolled into one plus anything they feel deemed you should do. You may go from helping students with finding information, to replacing hard drives, to restocking classrooms, to answering phones on the front desk, to opening/closing, cleaning up after events, to making flyers for other areas.

**this position has a high turnover rate**

you work typically up until 10pm Monday through Thursday Fri and Sat 9-1. Then during extended hours and holidays your schedule gets a bit more creative.

this is definitely not for the tender hearted.
new instructor
Business finance instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2014
Loved teaching and Strayer gave me the opportunity to get my foot in the door on the university level.
Registering students for classes, receiving calls concerning classes, sending out mail, answering phones, keeping tract of registrations
Student Support Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: job was fifteen minutes from home, co-workers were very pleasant, working with my co worker we made the goal for that semester.
Cons: the job starting down sizing
My day began answering phone calls, returning phone calls and registering students for classes. Working with the Director and Dean of the Campus when students are having difficulty with classes. I sent letters to students advising what classes they needed to get their degree.

The hardest part was getting students to register before the new semester began.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new students and giving them the assistance they needed to get started for the semester. Also helping student to choose classes.
Unorganized & dishonest
Front Desk Cerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: everything
I was at front desk, students were the best part of the job. Management and co - work were rude for the most part.
Excellent source of Education
Associate Degree (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: evening hour classes
Cons: too much homework
friendly environment
personable service Professors
tutoring readily Available
Fun place to work
Student Support Services (Current Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: student population
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting students with realizing their potential and helping them to be successful graduates. Being in a position to impact a persons life, is an amazing thing.
Stellar Professional Environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: strong leadership, performance-based work environement, healthcare benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons: sales-heavy environment, initial entry training does not transfer well to actual job performance
Strayer University's Global Operations Center in Salt Lake City is a top-tier recruiting and enrollment platform for the University as a whole. It's leadership balances a hard-charging work ethic and passion for excellence with a true drive to see everyone in the organization succeed.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Takoma Park, Washington DCSeptember 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at Strayer University. It is an educational institute
High Stress Atmosphere
Academic Advisor/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, weekend work, management communication
I learned a lot while working at Strayer however I was not able to grow within the company. They move employees around to different campuses and states with no say so. I also hated the hours and working on the weekends. For-profit education is not a long term career choice unless you are prepared for a high stress atmosphere, long hours and lots of pressure to please stockholders.
Strayer University!
Associate Degree (Former Employee), miramar, flSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free education, opportunity to impact the lives of others in a positive way
Cons: healthcare is expensive, high pressure sales with no sales incentives or bonuses
My typical day involved contacting prospective students who have expressed interest in obtaining more information about enrolling, with the purpose of setting up an appointment where I would attempt to enroll them as a student. My day also involved follow-through with my students in order to ensure that transcripts, academic advising and financial aid needs have been met prior class starting.

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job.¬†Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Salaries