Strayer University

Strayer University Employer Reviews

Love the Atmosphere
Admission Assistant (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDDecember 4, 2014
I loved helping students get through a typical school day, i also was a student there myself, co-workers and management was excellent, it wasn't nothing hard about the job, kept me busy and i enjoyed what i was doing. I've learned that it takes patience to deal with the public in all situation especially dealing with people that is trying to pursue a career and go back to school to further their education.
Very challenging and rewarding
Student Services Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 25, 2014
Responsible for day to day operations of the Student Services Department.
Good work environment
Campus Director (President) (Former Employee), Takoma, MDNovember 17, 2014
The job is very hard and tiresome; but the overall output is worth it. You get to see your work and see how it impacts others around you.
Not a place to go to school
staff (Former Employee), Greater ChicagoNovember 16, 2014
Cons: everything
This university should not be chosen as very few classes are offered face to face. This makes it very hard to pass as for any online classes, it is difficult to have your questions answered.

It is not clear whether getting a degree will be helpful. Strayer University does have the bad reputation of being a for-profit school and for-profit schools have a very bad reputation. They are known to help the students to get financial aid so they are being paid and the students are stuck with no job and huge loans. Quite the government is cracking down on for-profit schools and shutting the schools. This means the degree is worth nothing and it is disgraceful to be associated to such an institution.
Not a great job if you would love to have a life
Learning Resource Center Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2014
Pros: kind students, nice staff
Cons: poor communication, poor management, schedule
Working 6 days a week can be very difficult, especially around the holidays, the years I've worked here, I never got to use my vacation around Christmas to spend with my family because I was from the area.

Job tasks, you are given a lot and "other duties as necessary" is an understatement. You basically have 4 jobs rolled into one plus anything they feel deemed you should do. You may go from helping students with finding information, to replacing hard drives, to restocking classrooms, to answering phones on the front desk, to opening/closing, cleaning up after events, to making flyers for other areas.

**this position has a high turnover rate**

you work typically up until 10pm Monday through Thursday Fri and Sat 9-1. Then during extended hours and holidays your schedule gets a bit more creative.

this is definitely not for the tender hearted.
new instructor
Business finance instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2014
Loved teaching and Strayer gave me the opportunity to get my foot in the door on the university level.
Registering students for classes, receiving calls concerning classes, sending out mail, answering phones, keeping tract of registrations
Student Support Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: job was fifteen minutes from home, co-workers were very pleasant, working with my co worker we made the goal for that semester.
Cons: the job starting down sizing
My day began answering phone calls, returning phone calls and registering students for classes. Working with the Director and Dean of the Campus when students are having difficulty with classes. I sent letters to students advising what classes they needed to get their degree.

The hardest part was getting students to register before the new semester began.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new students and giving them the assistance they needed to get started for the semester. Also helping student to choose classes.
Unorganized & dishonest
Front Desk Cerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: everything
I was at front desk, students were the best part of the job. Management and co - work were rude for the most part.
Excellent source of Education
Associate Degree (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: evening hour classes
Cons: too much homework
friendly environment
personable service Professors
tutoring readily Available
Fun place to work
Student Support Services (Current Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: student population
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting students with realizing their potential and helping them to be successful graduates. Being in a position to impact a persons life, is an amazing thing.
Stellar Professional Environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: strong leadership, performance-based work environement, healthcare benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons: sales-heavy environment, initial entry training does not transfer well to actual job performance
Strayer University's Global Operations Center in Salt Lake City is a top-tier recruiting and enrollment platform for the University as a whole. It's leadership balances a hard-charging work ethic and passion for excellence with a true drive to see everyone in the organization succeed.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Takoma Park, Washington DCSeptember 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at Strayer University. It is an educational institute
High Stress Atmosphere
Academic Advisor/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, weekend work, management communication
I learned a lot while working at Strayer however I was not able to grow within the company. They move employees around to different campuses and states with no say so. I also hated the hours and working on the weekends. For-profit education is not a long term career choice unless you are prepared for a high stress atmosphere, long hours and lots of pressure to please stockholders.
Strayer University!
Associate Degree (Former Employee), miramar, flSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free education, opportunity to impact the lives of others in a positive way
Cons: healthcare is expensive, high pressure sales with no sales incentives or bonuses
My typical day involved contacting prospective students who have expressed interest in obtaining more information about enrolling, with the purpose of setting up an appointment where I would attempt to enroll them as a student. My day also involved follow-through with my students in order to ensure that transcripts, academic advising and financial aid needs have been met prior class starting.
Worse place to work for
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: get free lunch when semester end.
Cons: poor management, low pay and no compassion toward your family situation.
I was rank #5 of 360+ ADMISSIONS OFFICERS AT STRAYER UNIVERSITY, Spring quarter 2010 . Yet, I left and thereafter, many have left due to a poorly managed by a woman by the name of Naomi, Campus Director. She was place in this position with no prior knowledge of Admissions skills. Not to mention, there were days where my co-workers and I had to come to work when we had high fever. To make the story short, after given them my two weeks notice and it was my last day, she made me stay at work late, although I told her my son was sick at home. The best thing about working at that place is that I have gain a few good friends. Furthermore, I must said, I did like and respect the Campus Dean, Dr. O , the associate staffs and a couple of the Admission Representatives. This place is the worst place I ever worked for. I have my BA degree and yet they paid me only $38,500/year. Yet our job is to recruit, motivate prosective students to tell them that they would make at least $50,000/annually with their BS/BA degree at this college. What a joke isn't ?
Strayer is an excellent company to work for
Campus Director (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 27, 2014
People here work hard, work with each other and all have a common goal to support our students on their way to graduation.
Leadership Development
Regional Campus Director Trainer (Former Employee), MDAugust 8, 2014
Strayer University will develop your attention to detail and complete your behavioral development. You will also be prepared to approach conflict with problem solving abilities as your strength
ok
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), philadelphia paAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management
it was alright. I wouldn't suggest to a friend. it had good and bad, and more more more or more and bad bad
Execellent place of work.
Academic Assistant to the Campus Dean (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2014
Pros: able to attend undergradaute program while working full time.
Cons: masters program needed.
The company was a very great place to work with. the people was very friendly and nice. There was always room for advancement.
Roller Coaster
Campus Director (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay. will learn job skills
Cons: job advancement, management. long hours. good work not rewarded or recognized.
Long hours, no work life balance. Job security is no given. Management is clueless. Pay was decent. Felt like a car salesman

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job.¬†Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Photos