Strayer University Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2015
Handled all computer issues for the entire campus, conducted surveys for students and staff. Setup new email account for newly hired staff, Assisted student with locating study materials, overseen all activities for campus library. Conducted weekend tutoring for students, made inbound and outbound calls. Operated all audio and visual equipment for the campus, and other duties as requested.
Go Strayer!!!
Admissions Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2015
* Coordinated with all academic departments to guarantee student development and retention rates.
* Liaison with corporate network, software development and applications development for restoration, service, and corrective maintenance.
* Developed presentations, spreadsheets, flowcharts, project plans, templates and forms.
* Prepared presentations, and assisted with marketing plans for offsite and campus events.
* Compiled reports, along with weekly and monthly reports coordinating from director level to senior management and executive staff level.
* Established standards and processes to improve overall productivity, resulting in: 60% team productivity increase.
Very Unorganized
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 5, 2015
This is a good company as a whole, but the organization is one that lacks. Within the last 6 months my campus alone has gone through 3 Campus Directors, several Admissions Representatives and the students are noticing these many changes which has them questioning a lot.
Great for people who are looking for consistency
Student Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Limited growth if you are not willing or able to move.
Strayer is a great company and it is filled with some of the best people in the industry. It is a very personable yet a very hard working place to work. They tend to change strategies at will so you must be a person who is adaptable to change.
Strayer is a large university with professional staff and a great place to work.
Academic Assistant to Dean (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: meeting great professional people from all areas of the country.
Cons: the restructuring of the university and combining jobs.
Strayer University opened a campus in Greenville, SC in March, 2004 and I began my career with the university as Academic Assistant to the Dean. I helped with the hiring of the faculty, scheduling the classes and ordering books for the faculty. Also, I assisted students with planning their curriculum and scheduling classes. I was responsible for maintaining student files, checking transcripts and tracking time sheets for advisors. I was constantly working with faculty concerns, administrative concerns and student issues. The hardest part of the job was the turn over in Deans, but it was also enjoyable in that I have made friends for life with great people in the academic world.
Work Ethics
Administrative Assistant (AA) to College Dean (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work began with a "mind to work". At Strayer University I learned the academic and operational sides of the business. My co-workers were family and we all worked as a team striving to ensure that every student had the opportunity to advance toward getting a degree. The most enjoyable part of my job was the students, seeing them daily and fulfilling their dreams toward graduation.
Review
adjunct professor (Former Employee), OnlineFebruary 17, 2015
I totally enjoyed working with the students at Strayer University. The online class was very diverse. That assured me an exciting and inviting environment. I would love to work again with an online class.

My only concern was at times I felt it more important to provide the university a perfectly written (font & size) syllabus rather than provide the students a winning and rewarding environment in which to learn.
Productive, and fun place to work with opportunity to work with Budget expectations
Senior Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working with students to accomplish their degree after using previous credits, for build a bachelors, and masters degree.
Cons: working on weekends, late weekday hours.
Great opportunity to change careers and move into the education and the higher learning arena. Enjoyed working with students at this level building a great group of Bachelor and Masters Level students that have graduated and moved into meaningful positions in the community. Developed a local chapter for the Strayer Birmingham campus for the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) organization. Interacted and participated with the local business community to assist in the agenda for local city chapter for the SHRM organization.
Very produuctive work environment
Faculty Affairs/Faculty Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I work in a fast paced dynamic environment that requires me to perform independently with minimal direction, and provide meaningful contributions to the team. I have learned a lot over the years from working in different departments and with amazing leaders and great staff.
Higher Education Sales/Admissions
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: providing a service to clients
Cons: long hours
Reviewing candidates for graduate and undergraduate degree programs. Learned all facets of admission process. Worked with a diverse population seeking higher education.
Productive and fun place to work at
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: our team
Cons: many changes
I love my job and dealing with the students. At times it is very stressful but it's mostly when I can't explain to a student why their funds have not posted to their account. I also enjoy the team I work with.
Good place to work with other professionals
Adjunct Professor of World Religions (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
• Provide lecture experience for undergraduate class of 18-35 students in order to bridge scholarly material to real-life implementation

• Collegial duties of teaching scholarly research process to be transferrable to business environment
• Conduct course need assessments and analysis of course evaluations to measure transference of class knowledge for institutional growth
• Assist students in scholarly writing, development, and maintenance of course materials, lesson plans, and practice exercises
• Utilize religious studies to enhance students appreciation and respect for cultural differences in the workplace and community
Great Place to Work. I love it.
Adjunct Professor of Accounting (Current Employee), Newington, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Management is supportive. Students are great. Classes are well-organized.
Being a student at Strayer University was very challenging and rewarding. The dean, staff and resources was exceptionally good for and to me.
Student (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I am interested in working with probationers to ensure they follow the rules and regulations of their probation status. I want to be instrumental in advising them to become productive citizens, and enhance their ability to work and maintain self-sufficiency. I would encourage them to further their education at a higher institution or develop a trade that could afford them the position of entrepreneurship.
Fast pace environment
Student Support Manager (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: work/life balance
Fast paced environment. You have the ability to help others.
Friendly and professional
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: feasibility
Cons: expense
Strayer University is a helpful University and very resourceful. However, it appears to be a little paper intensive and driven. I would venture to state that you the university makes it a priority to accommodate the student's schedule. It appears that the professors are genuine and are very knowledgeable in their field of study.
Campus Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2014
Overall, Strayer is a great place to work, learn, and to be developed as a leader. The culture has changed from a top down mentally to a strategic flattened organization. This change has created a great advancement and growth for staff, faculty and the company as a whole. Meetings are strategically planned not to impede on your days so you can be productive. Pay is average, but the benefits are good. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping students achieve their goals.
Teaching is a great opportunity
Adjunct Professor -Developmental Mathematics (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2014
Working at Strayer gives me the opportunity to work with students while they continue their education.
The worst place you could ever work!
Admissions Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: ability to earn an advanced degree at a discounted price.
Cons: absolutely no work life balance.
Management is only concern with filling seats long enough to qualify for Federal Student Aid. Employees and students are only a means to an end, enriching the shareholders value. This company is an excellent example of what's wrong with the for profit education arena. They only care about making a profit not enriching the lives of the students that attend and employees that work there.
Love the Atmosphere
Admission Assistant (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDDecember 4, 2014
I loved helping students get through a typical school day, i also was a student there myself, co-workers and management was excellent, it wasn't nothing hard about the job, kept me busy and i enjoyed what i was doing. I've learned that it takes patience to deal with the public in all situation especially dealing with people that is trying to pursue a career and go back to school to further their education.