Strayer University

Strayer University Employer Reviews

Registering students for classes, receiving calls concerning classes, sending out mail, answering phones, keeping tract of registrations
Student Support Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: job was fifteen minutes from home, co-workers were very pleasant, working with my co worker we made the goal for that semester.
Cons: the job starting down sizing
My day began answering phone calls, returning phone calls and registering students for classes. Working with the Director and Dean of the Campus when students are having difficulty with classes. I sent letters to students advising what classes they needed to get their degree.

The hardest part was getting students to register before the new semester began.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new students and giving them the assistance they needed to get started for the semester. Also helping student to choose classes.
Unorganized & dishonest
Front Desk Cerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: everything
I was at front desk, students were the best part of the job. Management and co - work were rude for the most part.
Excellent source of Education
Associate Degree (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: evening hour classes
Cons: too much homework
friendly environment
personable service Professors
tutoring readily Available
Fun place to work
Student Support Services (Current Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: student population
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting students with realizing their potential and helping them to be successful graduates. Being in a position to impact a persons life, is an amazing thing.
Stellar Professional Environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: strong leadership, performance-based work environement, healthcare benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons: sales-heavy environment, initial entry training does not transfer well to actual job performance
Strayer University's Global Operations Center in Salt Lake City is a top-tier recruiting and enrollment platform for the University as a whole. It's leadership balances a hard-charging work ethic and passion for excellence with a true drive to see everyone in the organization succeed.
Excellent
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Takoma Park, Washington DCSeptember 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at Strayer University. It is an educational institute
High Stress Atmosphere
Academic Advisor/ Recruiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, weekend work, management communication
I learned a lot while working at Strayer however I was not able to grow within the company. They move employees around to different campuses and states with no say so. I also hated the hours and working on the weekends. For-profit education is not a long term career choice unless you are prepared for a high stress atmosphere, long hours and lots of pressure to please stockholders.
Strayer University!
Associate Degree (Former Employee), miramar, flSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free education, opportunity to impact the lives of others in a positive way
Cons: healthcare is expensive, high pressure sales with no sales incentives or bonuses
My typical day involved contacting prospective students who have expressed interest in obtaining more information about enrolling, with the purpose of setting up an appointment where I would attempt to enroll them as a student. My day also involved follow-through with my students in order to ensure that transcripts, academic advising and financial aid needs have been met prior class starting.
Worse place to work for
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: get free lunch when semester end.
Cons: poor management, low pay and no compassion toward your family situation.
I was rank #5 of 360+ ADMISSIONS OFFICERS AT STRAYER UNIVERSITY, Spring quarter 2010 . Yet, I left and thereafter, many have left due to a poorly managed by a woman by the name of Naomi, Campus Director. She was place in this position with no prior knowledge of Admissions skills. Not to mention, there were days where my co-workers and I had to come to work when we had high fever. To make the story short, after given them my two weeks notice and it was my last day, she made me stay at work late, although I told her my son was sick at home. The best thing about working at that place is that I have gain a few good friends. Furthermore, I must said, I did like and respect the Campus Dean, Dr. O , the associate staffs and a couple of the Admission Representatives. This place is the worst place I ever worked for. I have my BA degree and yet they paid me only $38,500/year. Yet our job is to recruit, motivate prosective students to tell them that they would make at least $50,000/annually with their BS/BA degree at this college. What a joke isn't ?
Strayer is an excellent company to work for
Campus Director (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 27, 2014
People here work hard, work with each other and all have a common goal to support our students on their way to graduation.
Leadership Development
Regional Campus Director Trainer (Former Employee), MDAugust 8, 2014
Strayer University will develop your attention to detail and complete your behavioral development. You will also be prepared to approach conflict with problem solving abilities as your strength
ok
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), philadelphia paAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management
it was alright. I wouldn't suggest to a friend. it had good and bad, and more more more or more and bad bad
Execellent place of work.
Academic Assistant to the Campus Dean (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 26, 2014
Pros: able to attend undergradaute program while working full time.
Cons: masters program needed.
The company was a very great place to work with. the people was very friendly and nice. There was always room for advancement.
Roller Coaster
Campus Director (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay. will learn job skills
Cons: job advancement, management. long hours. good work not rewarded or recognized.
Long hours, no work life balance. Job security is no given. Management is clueless. Pay was decent. Felt like a car salesman
Great Tuition Discount - get your Master's cheap!
Admissions Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 18, 2014
Pros: competive pay, 90% tuition discount, good people
Cons: high pressure, too many organizational restructures, low-performers are likely making just as much as you
Strayer University operates each campus like a call center. You may have some face to face interaction, but that is primarily with your co-workers. Expect high pressure to deliver on daily objectives. The company values people that can handle pressure and deliver results.

I learned a lot about time management, interviewing, motivating employees and attention to detail.

Management for the most part is pretty strong, with the exception of those that were grandfathered in before degree requirements were mandatory. It is a good old boys network and promotion will only happen when you get on the inside of that circle.

The hardest part of the job is that there is no time to celebrate your accomplishments because you must deliver daily. It can be unfulfilling at times as you make hundreds of dials a day and must be able to handle rejection. You may also feel pressure to enroll a person in school that may not have the best chance for success, but the need to produce a result will usually win. In addition, as you can see in many other reviews, they change the corporate structure often. This leads to lay offs and constant turn over.

The most enjoyable part of the job is a combination of the relationships that you will build with your students and your coworkers. Strayer usually does a pretty good job attracting good quality people. Seeing a student through to graduation is the greatest feeling the job can offer... if you can get the opportunity to go to a graduation ceremony.
N/A
Student Account Representative/Admissions officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 7, 2014
WORKING HERE WAS FUN YOU NEVER KNEW WHAT PERSON WOULD WALK IN YOUR DOOR OR WHOS LIFE YOU WOULD CHANGE I ENJOYED THE 2 YEAR I WAS THERE
Ping Pong table
Director of Operations/Admissions (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: * unorganized leadership
* Job Security
* Great people to work with
* Great benefits
* Management are unorganized
Good Experience
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 3, 2014
Memorable life experience. Meeting all kinds of people and learning each country's culture think that I have the best job in the world.
professional/fun environment
Technical/Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 30, 2014
strayer university is a great work environment with professional workers and scholars.
Result
Financial Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 24, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: hours, and advancement
I really loved working in Finance and account management. Problem solving in the financial industry was one of my favorite things I have done. I took the job at PWT for more money and more advancement. I don't have any complaints, just good experience.

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job.¬†Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Photos