Strayer University

Strayer University Employer Reviews

Great Environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Florence, KYOctober 31, 2013
Admissions work everyday. 75-100 calls. Constant computer work. Long periods of sitting. Marketing and recruiting at outside events. Loved meeting all the people and everyone's story
Student focused envriornment
Associate Campus Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: graduation fund plus in texas
For profit university. Focused on the student and changing lives in a positive way. A lot of great people work at Strayer University.
MY ROLE AT STRAYER UNIVERSITY
Business Office Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: assisting individuals with higher education, benefits
Cons: fearful environment for employees, no loyalty, not judged on work but if you are apart of a group.
•Monitors student accounts and takes appropriate measures to ensure timely billing and collection of student receivables.
•Reviews and inputs student financial aid funding information, assist students with the financial aid process, including completing the appropriate application(s), and helps ensure campus compliance with current financial aid guidelines.
•Oversees – more... file organization, and database maintence.
•Assist with business office operations, including student Registrations, as needed
•Communicates with both students and sponsors concerning past due invoices, and generates collections letters to students with outstanding past due balances.

I provided A plus work helped the department excel. Inasmuch as I was disappointed in the layoff I truly loved my job and loved the students that I worked for day in and day out. – less
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee), Herndon, VAOctober 21, 2013
Support a complex VOIP network of Avaya gateway
Day to day support for 2500 staff
Project management for new campus installation of telecommununications.
Productive and effective
Student Account Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: policy changes
I love being able to help students further their educational goals.
I enjoyed learning about Public Administration because the subject enteracts with every person in one way or another.
Student (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable and personable in dealing with business and client relationships.
Cons: part time working
For me, my co-workers are important because they helps to built and maintain a positive work force. Each individual is a vital part of the team and provides a different set of skill to help meet or exceed the quality and pace of what is expected by the organization.
Professor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: upward mobility
Cons: asynchronous
Managed and supervised course shell . Maintained Web-CT classroom.
Excellent Opportunity to Advance Education
Executive Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: almost 100% tuition for undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Cons: low salary and too many responsibilities for each position, no staff support: hr is located out of the state
This company offers a great benefit: they almost cover the tuition 100% when we take classes with their school.
Pros and cons
Campus Dean (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 27, 2013
Variable based on job responsibilities. Employees with few or no family responsibilities are more likely to thrive than otherwise.
Great potential for leadership opportunity
Campus Dean (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2013
Pros: leadership opportunities
Strayer University is a great school to get academic dean experience. You have a lot of responsibility every day--with diverse campus activities so your days are never boring.
Student Account Representative/Financial Aid (Former Employee), Maitland, FLSeptember 26, 2013
I enjoyed working with students and on their accounts to accomplish their goals to get their education completed. The Business Office department had a great dynamic.
Great Mission and Programs
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miramar FloridaSeptember 21, 2013
A typical day for me is to prepare and present those concepts and theories that answer the objectives for the week and create those opportunities or projects that will allow me to share my leadership experiences with adult learners who are seeking business degrees.

I learn a great deal of information by empowering others to share their experiences – more... and knowledge of their current work industry, ethical ,and view of current world issues, especially regarding health care.

Management with great leadership practices are key in the workplace for me. Opportunities for growth and development is in the forefront of such leadership practices. This encourages excellence and commitment.

My co-workers and I are engaged and believe in excellence and therefore continue to build on those skills or performance measures that will promote the best outcomes for others.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I am able to reach all learning styles, cultures, and needs by reviewing their goals, reading, researching, preparing the right Powerpoint presentations and creating the right project to ensure comprehension and application of concepts immediately in the workplace.

The most enjoyable part of the job is observing how well students are able to apply discussed concepts, experiences and knowledge to address real world business issues. – less
working at strayer
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Manassas, VASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: having to working on the weekends
an excellent environment to work in helping working adults to get back to school
Ok place to work as a first job out of college
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Herndon, VASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: work with people your age
Cons: no advancement
Not a place you want to have a career at; too much office politics at the corporate office
Productive and fun place to work
Student Account Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2013
A typical day at work involves me reviewing students accounts to make sure their financial aid is processed for the upcoming and current quarters. I have learned much about the financial aid process for undergraduate and graduate degrees. My manager is great and is willing to work with us as much as possible. The hardest part of the job is finding out – more... that a student will not be able to get enough funding for the quarter and will have to pay out of pocket. We have to relay this information to the students and some of them become very upset but we have to let them know in advance what is to be expected. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with my co-workers and make the work day fun. – less
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 4, 2013
My teaching was part time so you simply taught once a week for a 4 hour class.
Admission Rep
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2013
Pros: great to meet new people daily, and the beneifits were great.
Cons: non
• Interview and enroll students into Strayer University by calling leads given by company campaigns.
• Had to exhibit ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment
• Present the school, cost, and curriculum and prepare perspectives for the financial aid process.
• Met enrollment goals set quarterly.
• Navigate between Microsoft – more... outlook and Strayer 360 systems to correspond with perspectives
• Won the quarterly customer service award for going above and beyond company standards. – less
Excellent University
Campus Director (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 28, 2013
Employer promotes from within. Small campuses catering to the student experience.
Strayer University
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Teays Valley, WVAugust 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management, poor ethics
I no longer work for this company. I took the job on the belief that I would be making a difference in students lives. While I did make a difference in some students lives, I didn't make a difference in the lives of those who I feel were being taken advantage of.
Great Culture, Driven and has great Management Opportunity
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 11, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: n/a
Proactively respond to new student inquiries via phone and email.
Interview prospective students to determine their backgrounds, goals, and objectives. Educated prospective students on the benefits of Strayer University’s high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, and flexible course schedules. Assisted students with the application process – more... and partner with other departments in the University to finalize enrollments. Consistently achieved quarterly performance objectives. Followed up with students to provide ongoing encouragement and support. Exceptional phone and in-person communication and organizational skills. Worked with energy and determination to manage details and helped newly enrolling students feel successful. Performed with an exceptional track record in customer service and admissions. Make 80+ calls a day. Knowledgeable of Strayer University business ethics and was in compliance with all regulatory rules
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. – less

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Photos