Strayer University

Strayer University Employer Reviews

Working with many responsible colleagues
Professor and Advisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: having lunch with my colleagues
Cons: not having job security
When I was the associate campus dean I worked around 11:00AM every day. My typical work was advising students and teaching my classes. I focused on developing my technological ability to learn more about the Black Board Learning Management System.
As manager, I was responsible for class scheduling as well as assigning professors.
The hard part of my – more... job was not having correct emails or telephone numbers of my students to advise them for current academic situations.
I really enjoy teaching my classes – less
Productive and friendly environment
Human Resources Professional (Former Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work with.
Cons: annual compensation/raise was low.
Friendliest group of people to ever work for! Worked mainly in Human Resources and dealt with fellow employees, students and vendors. Great experience - moved within 3 different roles/departments to gain knowledge and experience. I enjoyed waking up and going to work everyday for this company. Never a dull moment and loved being productive and offering – more... a helping hand when needed. Unfortunately, due to low enrollments (3 years in a row), the company was down sizing and did lay-offs. Would work there again if the opportunity presented itself. :) – less
Worst management
Corporate (Current Employee), HerndonFebruary 7, 2014
Senior management continues to make bad business decisions. Doesn't care about their employees or their students (they pretend that they "care").
Fun
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: some saturdays
Responsibility to recruit students to attend the university and to develop objective methods of deciding what students to accept for admission and what students to turn away.
Plan recruiting events at college fairs, review and update student selection guidelines.
Analyze statistics about current students at a college or university and their backgrounds – more... in order to predict what types of applicants become the most successful students.
Responsible to train, discipline and evaluate the staff of an admissions department.
Provide guidance through communication skills as to which career program would be most beneficial to the student.
Develop daily lead calls, follow-ups, interview walk-ins and set-up appointments, visit and tours of the campus. – less
Could be better
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good product! great benefits! more opportunity if willing to relocate
Cons: poor management.
With just a couple modifications, Strayer could be the best for-profit University! Pay is pretty good starting off, but raises are horrible compared to other universities. 2% raise?!

At Columbia Campus, in the past year 10-12 new faces because of high turnover rate. Keep all personal opinions to yourself or you could be the next voted off island by – more... Campus Director.

Campus Director is very unprofessional! Clothes are way too small and not proper business attire. She always creates drama and then pretends that she didn't say anything. She lies about everything and seems to find enjoyment in it all the time. Corporate and HR have received numerous complaints, but just don't care. If you lie on others to get in good with CD you can get promoted quick!

If you can ignore the fact that corporate does not care for your well being, campus level management is ridiculous, and there is always childish drama in your work environment you will be fine! – less
Great place to work at the campus level
Student Account Representative (Former Employee), UnknownFebruary 2, 2014
At the campus level it was great working with students and my co-workers. The worst thing about it was upper management left us in the dark about things that were happening within the company.
Online and face-to-face classes
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
All for the advancement of all students. Staff and faculty worked together to support students advancement in education. Workplace environment was excellence, everyone working as a team for the students.
good pay
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2014
this company has great culture and values but is not stable in terms of long term growth
Strayer is a University with an open admissions policy
Associate Dean (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: quality coworkers and monitoring the success of my students.
Cons: the environment and managment is always fluctuating and a direction is difficult to come by.
A typical day at work is a combination of teaching and advising potential new and continuing students.
I have learned how to work under a very difficult environment due to increasing requests for multi-tasking and micromanagment.
Management is our campus has fluctuated considerably, people always coming and going either due to transfer between campuses.
I – more... have a very helpful co-workers who are dedicated to their work.
The hardest part of my job is to grade struggling students.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to participate in annual commencement to see the success of my students. – less
Goal-oriented and performance-driven workplace with no built-in recreation.
Senior Admissions Officer (Former Employee), 1520 Jabez Run, Millersville, MD 21108January 14, 2014
Pros: we enjoyed eating good food while working together as one team to achieve one common goal.
Cons: work was consuming and sometimes we worked harder than smarter.
Fast-paced, engaging and progressive workplace where adult students' lives are changed daily through a quality education. Learned of various life-changing programs in fields of studies, including accounting, business administration, criminal justice, education, healthcare, hospitality & tourism management, human resources management, information systems, – more... management information systems, project management, and public administration. Had the privilege to work with extremely dedicated managers and co-workers who thrived on providing quality customer services to students. Some prospective students could not be helped due to financial reasons making it difficult to service them. Thoroughly enjoyed working one-on-one with each student and applauding everyone's success. – less
Great Environment
Relevant Coursework (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: new building, good perks
Cons: consolidation
Great place to begin a career, rough times lately. Great management, and coworkers. Best part was the enviornment and the great staff. Was a major reduction in staff in 2013 because of regulations and profits. THey will bounce back due to the great management.
Strayer University is a great university to be employed. It offers flexible work schedules and a opportunity for growth.
Psychology Professor (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: no cons
A typical day at Strayer University was a relaxed. Co-workers were pleasant and knowledgeable about their job. The campus director was aware of her employee's concerns and made sure the campus was a great environment to work in during the day.
Good faculty
Legal and Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: students and subject matter taught
Cons: poor management by corporate
Taught courses in the Legal and Criminal Justice disciplines. ‚ź£ Former Associate Campus Dean.
Agood place to learn
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Newark, DEDecember 21, 2013
Strayer University produced a safe and conducive learning environment.
Terrible environment
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2013
Pros: nothing
Don't work here. Constant change in management and confusion. No way to advance. Salary is poor. Micromanaged. Leadership has no idea what they are doing.
Limited opportunities for advancement
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 19, 2013
Pros: a rewarding job where you help people.
Cons: long hours of operation.
The company has had massive layoffs the past two years. It has closed many campuses and eliminated hundreds of positions at the corporate office and remaining campuses. There is very high turnover in all departments. The best part of this job is that you help people improve their lives. With the right management team it is a good place to work. Unfortunately, – more... people do not stay for long in management positions. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication. Policies change often but the information is not communicated effectively. The hours of operation also change quite often. This makes it difficult to plan weekends and take vacations. Sundays are the only days that the office is closed. – less
Lack of communication from DEAN
Full Time Professor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare
If you aren't part of the click( inner circle) team. You will not be asked to continue employment....The irony is you will hear it from students. If you don't go out for drinks or social (home) gathering..........you are (black market out). The students are willing to learn (not all). Strayer University is the place if you want to earn .......effortless – more... degree. It is as easy as walking in the park. If you are thinking of working for this wonderful University. I would say it is a learning experience. Give Strayer a try it will change your future. – less
Productive, professional, and enjoyable place to work.
Campus Dean (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: a collaborative effort in the goal of "student success."
Cons: none.
Supportive and enriching work environment. Strong "Team" concept.
Good Place to work
Mathematics Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Miami, FlNovember 29, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low academic standards for adult learners/
This is a for profit education university that serves non-traditional adult learners.
N/A
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I do not wish to write a review on this company. It is public knowledge that Strayer University has closed campuses and is suffering from losses right now. I feel the need to search for employment to help protect and provide for my family.

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job.¬†Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Photos