Strayer University Employee Reviews

Management protects their own job and those that "follow"
Director (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 27, 2017
Horrible Leadership at the VP level. Consumed and scared they will be replaced so continue to shuffle under them and deflect their own misgivings. Sadistic place to be! Turnover high based on lack of ability to build culture and partner with those supposedly entrusted to get it done.
Pros
Nice Corporate office
Cons
NO loyalty to those really getting it done.
Online Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 26, 2017
I was a full-time online student at this school. It was a great school and i enjoyed attending it. The only negative thing about it was how much work and how stressful it can get sometimes.
Strayer University
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 23, 2017
It's ok, work hours are way too long and pay is not that great. Clarity on work does not exist. It seems this place enrolls students who can hardly understand how to fill out an application.
Productive and fun place to work.
Student Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 21, 2017
I was in charge in Student Finance aid Department specifically On tax verification department to see and verify university student’s income alien with federal guideline. My working experience there was nice and productive.
Great University!
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed my stay at Strayer University Campus in Greensboro NC. The staff was very knowledgeable of the classes that they provided. I was able to learn at my own pace with the online and evening class schedules.
Review
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 17, 2017
Management does not care about staff, employees, professors or students. All about making money for the top officials. Working here is okay, morale is extremely low. Hardest part is grading writing assignments in a short timeframe, especially when teaching several courses. Most enjoyable part of job is only go on campus once a week for 5 hours.
Pros
Cons
low morale
Very innovative education company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2017
Great education company to work for with very innovative management. Upper management is really transitioning to become a leader in the non-profit industry and there is a lot of room for growth if you position yourself correctly.
okay place to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 6, 2017
the company is ok but some of the people they have there a management makes the ratings of the company very low. its a good place yo work for if you have a people person for a manager.
not happy
Faculty/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171June 5, 2017
This is a nice private school. It has entirely a business culture, for professors, it does not provide any incentives. I feel very unsecured. But this is a good place to teach if you have another full-time job.
Happy Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 4, 2017
I was not an employee of Strayer University. I attended the college to obtain a Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership. It has been very beneficial in my career.
Not customer friendly environment
ADMISSIONS RECRUITMENT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 31, 2017
They are a good company but the campus I worked on did not seem to care for the students they were working for. I have had bad experiences with management in my location, but great experiences with management in other sites.
Pros
Good for experience
working with strayer
IT Helpdesk contractor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 20, 2017
Logging into genesys cloud and contacting student regarding issues or complications with computer hardware. created a ticketing system to resolve trouble students have.finding solutions for all IT related issues.
Pros
great problem solving skills
Cons
not permanent
Good experience at Strayer but it would have been better with the exception of a certain managerial style at a particular campus. Stayer's good
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 18, 2017
I had a good professional experience at this University with the exception of having the opportunity to work for a Manager that exhibits micro managing to a new level. Nevertheless, this manager was very supportive and I truly believed wanted the best for the employee as well as the company. With this in mind, depending on where you work or the personality you work for, can make the difference in your experience.

Again I enjoyed Strayer University's approach to educating students and the wonderful colleagues I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Training and support system
Cons
Be mindful of the personality style of certain managers.
Very self oriented. Every man for himself attitudes.
HR Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work is supposed to be to provide academic support to students and faculty. Most of the day is focused on enrolling new students and continuing students to ensure sold seats. I learned corporate is just that business. There is some good management on their team but a required and pressured from hired ups to do things the ordinarily wouldn't. Hardest part of the job for me was dealing with management and corporate VIP's. The most enjoyable part of the job is the helping the students and know you are there for them overall.
Pros
benefits, rewards
Cons
micromanagement
Environment is very relaxed but professional, fun, creative and challenging.
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312May 17, 2017
I start my workday signing in and walking the campus greeting the administrative staff and instructors. Make certain all of the classroom doors are open and accessible to the instructors and students. Proceed to the Learning Resource Center where I assist the students with any and all Library research and resource related needs. It is a fun environment, full of hopeful people looking forward to their futures. The hardest part of the job is trying to determine how to assist a student with an educational issue and help them understand where and how they are missing the mark. The greatest part is when you have reached them, and you can see that they now understand and can navigate the coursework on their own. It is amazing to go from seeing the frustration and dismay on the face of a student that is struggling, to then see the smiles and relief when they get it.
Pros
Working independently, and forming great working relationships.
Cons
Keeping up with the ever changing educational and technological resourcesemployed.
Fun, productive culture
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
The culture is warm and welcoming, but can be a bit too task-oriented at times. Advancement is not easy nor quick to come by without relocation or change of career path.
Not a good school to attend, or a good place to work
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 10, 2017
They didn't care how we got the enrollments, just that we got them so that the numbers looked good. There was a lot of micro-managing, and no real leadership, and was a lot of pressure to get the enrollments, but no compensation or pay increase for the Admissions Officers who brought in the students to pay the salaries of the administration.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
Bureaucracy, politics, and greed
Good Work Atmosphere
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 7, 2017
Great work life balance, ability to work overtime. Managers and Directors are open minded, new idea contribution welcome and encouraged. Great insurance benefits and work atmosphere.
Pros
Employees, Managers, and workplace environment
Cons
Need Better Compensation
Management fake
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 6, 2017
All high fives and fist bumps when you first start. But lots of grinding and no breaks. All g
go Go Go shouting and singing into the phone when you enroll students and get closer to your goal (students can hear everything on the phone). Not student oriented just numbers driven. Do whatever you need to do to his your # so Strayer can make it's millions in profit. Even if that means coming early and staying late and losing life balance. The more dials you make the better they like you. Management says one thing but does another. Must constantly be on them if you want follow through.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
No flexibility in schedule
Lots of Room for Improvement
Campus Leader (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 2, 2017
The recent management change with the Regional Deans and Operations Managers did not work in the best interest of the students and employees. The downsizing resulted in more work for campus leaders and cuts of support staff.

Although the president is African American, the culture is controlled by racist regional leaders. Leadership lacks integrity.
The most difficult part of the job was unfair discrimination and retaliation of regional leaders.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leveraging resources with other campus leaders and working for the students.
Cons
Unfair expectations for work hours, No compensation for weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9