Strayer University Employer Reviews

Company with constant changes
Senior Vice Provost (Former Employee), Herndon, VAApril 17, 2014
Pros: large institution ; plenty of great students
Cons: constant changes
Typical day included contacting multiple campuses to ensure that all academic policies were being followed. Followed student retention, drop rates, academic quality, and student needs daily. Co-workers were friendly and interested in the complete success of our students. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the constant changes in regions and – more... policies. Attending graduations 4- 6 times per year was very rewarding. Success equaled graduation! – less
Productive workforce, fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 11, 2014
A very nice place to work. Enjoy every aspect of business and had excellent co-workers as well.
Great work atmosphere
Student Support Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 7, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, diverse clientel
Cons: no room for growth,
Very solid organization
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee), remoteApril 4, 2014
This is the best part time job I have ever had. Very family friendly.
Hard working students
ASSOCIATE CAMPUS DEAN/FULL TIME PROFESSOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Pros: working with adults
Cons: did not like the course guide approach to education, no vacation time, 24/7 work hours
I enjoyed advising and teaching good students. I enjoyed being part of the decisionmaking process
Part Time Student (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 2, 2014
I am currently a part-time online student with this University. I am not employed with this University as it is stated on this page. This is what I am doing when I am not working, but looking for a full time position to replace the previous position that I had. I am currently am striving to earn my Master's degree in Human Resource Management.
Horrible Work Environment
Academic Assistant to the Campus Dean (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, a paycheck
Cons: unethical university which does not take appropriate actions when reporting eeoc issues
Horrible work environment. Shady management who engage in petty, high school gossip and backbiting while smiling in your face. Extremely high turn over. Unethical university as a whole which does not take appropriate actions when reporting EEOC issues but instead, penalizes the person who reports them.
Sometimes a fun place to work/can be very stressful
Admissions Manager (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 27, 2014
Things are good when numbers are good but for the most part senior leadership really tries to take care of you
Strayer University
Specialist, Student Financial Services (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at work included varied activities that were high priority, unique to that specific day. Activities such as monitoring and implementing activities to resolve detailed and time-sensitive matters. This took an excessive amount of research and attentative detail to data within reports, charts, policies, etc. In addition, professional remote – more... and face-to-face interaction with staff and students were essential. – less
Overall an Ok place to work
Student Account Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: five floating holidays
Cons: some weekends required
The University is in in the middle of a major re-organizational change. Many jobs are being eliminated.
Fast paced and Constantly Changing
Student Support Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2014
Pros: the pros in this position is working with and motivating the students.
Cons: the cons in this position is that there is no work/life balance, the university is always changing and there is a high turnover rate.
This position is responsible for making sure that the continuing students are happy and registered. A typical work shift is a minimum of 10 hours. This position is very competitive because it is goal driven.
Working with many responsible colleagues
Professor and Advisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: having lunch with my colleagues
Cons: not having job security
When I was the associate campus dean I worked around 11:00AM every day. My typical work was advising students and teaching my classes. I focused on developing my technological ability to learn more about the Black Board Learning Management System.
As manager, I was responsible for class scheduling as well as assigning professors.
The hard part of my – more... job was not having correct emails or telephone numbers of my students to advise them for current academic situations.
I really enjoy teaching my classes – less
Productive and friendly environment
Human Resources Professional (Former Employee), Herndon, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work with.
Cons: annual compensation/raise was low.
Friendliest group of people to ever work for! Worked mainly in Human Resources and dealt with fellow employees, students and vendors. Great experience - moved within 3 different roles/departments to gain knowledge and experience. I enjoyed waking up and going to work everyday for this company. Never a dull moment and loved being productive and offering – more... a helping hand when needed. Unfortunately, due to low enrollments (3 years in a row), the company was down sizing and did lay-offs. Would work there again if the opportunity presented itself. :) – less
Worst management
Corporate (Current Employee), HerndonFebruary 7, 2014
Senior management continues to make bad business decisions. Doesn't care about their employees or their students (they pretend that they "care").
Fun
Admissions Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: some saturdays
Responsibility to recruit students to attend the university and to develop objective methods of deciding what students to accept for admission and what students to turn away.
Plan recruiting events at college fairs, review and update student selection guidelines.
Analyze statistics about current students at a college or university and their backgrounds – more... in order to predict what types of applicants become the most successful students.
Responsible to train, discipline and evaluate the staff of an admissions department.
Provide guidance through communication skills as to which career program would be most beneficial to the student.
Develop daily lead calls, follow-ups, interview walk-ins and set-up appointments, visit and tours of the campus. – less
Could be better
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: good product! great benefits! more opportunity if willing to relocate
Cons: poor management.
With just a couple modifications, Strayer could be the best for-profit University! Pay is pretty good starting off, but raises are horrible compared to other universities. 2% raise?!

At Columbia Campus, in the past year 10-12 new faces because of high turnover rate. Keep all personal opinions to yourself or you could be the next voted off island by – more... Campus Director.

Campus Director is very unprofessional! Clothes are way too small and not proper business attire. She always creates drama and then pretends that she didn't say anything. She lies about everything and seems to find enjoyment in it all the time. Corporate and HR have received numerous complaints, but just don't care. If you lie on others to get in good with CD you can get promoted quick!

If you can ignore the fact that corporate does not care for your well being, campus level management is ridiculous, and there is always childish drama in your work environment you will be fine! – less
Great place to work at the campus level
Student Account Representative (Former Employee), UnknownFebruary 2, 2014
At the campus level it was great working with students and my co-workers. The worst thing about it was upper management left us in the dark about things that were happening within the company.
Online and face-to-face classes
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
All for the advancement of all students. Staff and faculty worked together to support students advancement in education. Workplace environment was excellence, everyone working as a team for the students.
good pay
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2014
this company has great culture and values but is not stable in terms of long term growth
Strayer is a University with an open admissions policy
Associate Dean (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: quality coworkers and monitoring the success of my students.
Cons: the environment and managment is always fluctuating and a direction is difficult to come by.
A typical day at work is a combination of teaching and advising potential new and continuing students.
I have learned how to work under a very difficult environment due to increasing requests for multi-tasking and micromanagment.
Management is our campus has fluctuated considerably, people always coming and going either due to transfer between campuses.
I – more... have a very helpful co-workers who are dedicated to their work.
The hardest part of my job is to grade struggling students.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to participate in annual commencement to see the success of my students. – less

About Strayer University

Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job.¬†Focusing on providing higher education programs – Read more

Strayer University Photos