Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2016
Great job with lots of opportunities for advancement. Flexible scheduling and great coworkers. Excellent compensation and benefits. Lots of opportunities for learning and obtaining certifications.
Pros
Great employee recognition and reward programs
Cons
Outsource call center and contract changes
Standard call center job with gaming center for breaks
level three Consumer Advocate Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 26, 2016
This was a standard call center job with several contracts. Some contracts paid well while others paid very poorly. They had a small cafeteria and a gaming center for employees to unwind during breaks. Management was okay but little direction was ever given to employees other than training for job. Pay was okay, but not fantastic. Growth opportunities are very limited.
Pros
Video game lab for breaks, small cafeteria
Cons
Not enough parking, car was towed during work hours, no advancement opportunities
Enjoyed working for stream
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed the different shifts and tasks. A lot of incentives was offered through out the year, pizza party's,Didn't have to have a uniform. Just a fun place to work.
Pros
Different shifts, no uniforms.
Cons
NA
good company
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
good place to work-fast paced work, customer service and sales experience required. ability to multi-task and work in ever changing work environment.
Transitional Employment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 18, 2016
This facility served its purpose as a transitional facility. Looking back more than 10 years ago, I am glad that I found better opportunities: ie. I am now graduating Magna C^m-Laude with a Bachelors in Finance, a minor in Economics and a concentration in Risk Management Insurance and Accounting. I am also graduating in the top 10% of my senior class.

Can a facility out in the middle of nowhere provide this kind of opportunity?
I loved working here before Convergys took over.
Networking Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 25, 2016
I'm rating the company as it was when It was still Stream Global Services Inc.

This was by far one of the best places to work... until Convergys took over the company. I ultimately left after they decided to set expectations so high that my entire department was getting fired for inability to meet expectations. It's quite sad how this place used to be an amazing place to work and people from all around our community wanted to be here. Now it's just a stressful call center with very few experienced reps due to high turnover.
Pros
decent amount of PTO, supportive co workers, management was helpful, Fun work environment.
Cons
no assigned seating, salary.
well organized company
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2016
Stream provides a very competitive pay rate along with a well thought out commission structure. Stream also provides customer service to a vast amount of companies and customers.
Most of the people that I worked with were very pleasant and knowledgeable.
Warranty Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed the type of work and helping the customers with troubleshooting their issues with their mobile devices. Management was not very supportive on the floor. For example I had been taking care of my terminal ill father and when he was dying and my mother needed me most the management were no where to be found to assist me after being there for a year and meeting all required stats metrics of the job. In fact I was at 100% on my call resolution, average handle time and meet or exceeded all metrics we were rated at being top agent on my team at least 3 months in a row if not more. Being an outsourced company not much love for the employees.
Pros
Good training and pleasant peers.
Cons
No incentives to try to keep tenured agents.
Great first job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 6, 2016
I love technology and helping others, and that was exactly what I did everyday going to work. I loved it. And when something got me stumped my other coworkers where right there to help me out.
Good Company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  SuzhouMarch 2, 2016
My work is to help customer solve their problem of our product.

what I learned is
troubleshooting skill
what is teamwork
customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you solved the problem and you made customer happy
I was great working at Stream Global service, I had lots of fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
The best part of working at Stream is every Friday when they are doing rifle for best Agents, they treat us with care. I felt like I was working in a place that I was meant to work, a place that was made just for me. The co-walkers always look out for each other.
Human Resources
Recruiter/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working in the HR environment - loved the group interview process and developing test for technical contracts.
Enjoyable place to work
Data Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2016
The environment was very laid back and fun. but because you are outsourced you project can be pulled at anytime and so you don't have that job security.
Pros
environment
Cons
job security
Very tight and organized.
Help Desk for DELL Customers (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXFebruary 18, 2016
You new what your job was and you always received the proper help when ever you needed it.

A group of professionals and very proud of their profession.
Pros
Always eager to help anyone yp there very good place to work
High Paced, hard work
Xbox Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 11, 2016
I'm so hot and cold with this job...It was nice pay, and there's some pride in saying that I was working for Xbox. I happened to work there during some of the busiest times though, which led to stressed managers. It's a lax atmosphere that's fun to be in, until you're on the clock. On the clock, there is a constant queue of callers, so there is no break between calls to finish writing notes for the previous call on a slow and on often malfunctioning computer. I can imagine when not dealing with holidays, release day of both a Halo and a Call of Duty game, and a terms of service update, it's probably a wonderful place to work at.
Before looking at the cons, please note that I had the highest CSAT's in my department.
Pros
Working for Xbox, fun environment
Cons
Constant being yelled at
a difficult place to work
Subject Matter Expert/Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 11, 2016
I do not recommend this place as a place to seek employment. You will be over-utilized and not well compensated for it. The management system is often dependent on who you know.
If I could rate Zero stars I would
Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 3, 2016
Probably the worst place you could ever work and I mean I would honestly rather shovel poo in the park than work there again! They have 2 contracts in that building being Xbox Live and Nike.com Customer care. I worked for Nike.com contract so anything you may have purchased, returned, had questions about through the online retail store... I probably spoke with you a time or two. Now if you don't already know this it's a call center that basically treats you like a slave and runs you into the ground until you can't do it anymore... They're always hiring because they're always firing people. They are very picky on how you talk to people, how long you can go to the bathroom, and they frown upon any time off because they expect you to be chained to your desk like an animal in a cage 24/7. The worst part was they jerked around their employees like they jerked around their customers. Nothing was honest or truthful. Everyone had a terrible lack of communication and overall it was an awful experience!!! Not in a million years would i ever refer someone to this place!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
great for what it was worth
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
over all much learning and knowledge offered and the pay is great. great moral and team work. Typical turn over but to be expected in a call center
Pros
great and will learn knowledge that last
Stressful place
customer service calls (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJanuary 23, 2016
This place was an ok place to work. Many managers were uneducated and never could get the same answer from two managers. To much gossip and stupid stuff that did not pertain to the job.
Great
Great (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Great place to work and learn things. It opens the doors for many great new learnings. Made a lot of great friends and the management staff is great