Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employer Reviews

stream
Tele-sales (Former Employee), rio rancho, nmDecember 12, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: low wages
answering phone calls and upselling equipment and rate plans for new and current att customers
Don't have surgery
Tech Support professional (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORNovember 7, 2014
Pros: relaxed bosses
Cons: hr, their 7 point system, too much stress, floor managers were messing around most of the time instead of helping.
It started as a really good place to work. Pretty lax on the hours, fun bosses, but when I started having back problems and had to have surgery. They pulled the carpet out from under me and terminated my position.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sioux City, IANovember 3, 2014
Pros: potlucks
Cons: stuck on really long calls
Setting up customers with nike products on nikes web page.
I learned patience is the key to customer service.
I had a great boss that was real understanding.
I loved my co-workers and made many friends while there.
The hardest part was when a customer called in angry because their order was wrong.
The most enjoyable part was when I got a Cutos call – more... from a customer. – less
Productive and fun work place
BILINGUAL ORDER SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee), Tempe AzOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun activities, watch tv.
Cons: n/a
Took calls all day for order support. Assisting customers with issues with their orders and pending orders. Help customers review their monthly phone bill. Light sales when needed, also did floor support to assist new members added to the team.
Productive Work Place
Customer Support Professinal (Former Employee), Watertown, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: unpaid lunches
Cons: health care
typical day at work was to answer phone calls at the call center help and assist customers needs and to acknowledge the customers concerns and needs help navigate the website with inbound callers .I
would say the hardest part of the job was handling upset customers .the enjoyable part of the job as we could go home knowing that we have helped the customers – more... learn how to navigate and salve the issues – less
Great job if you hate living (better bad-jobs are out there)
Case Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers are cool
Cons: training, no room for fun, lower back pain, too easy to be fired, paid by minute
You'll hate your contractor after this job

Here's a summary:

- Paid by the minute (no, not hourly)
- Application Process is a lie (pick any answers, don't waste time)
- Healthy living isn't promoted at all (HR lied to me)
- Management is hit and miss
- We're worthless
- Some bad advice (based on experience)
- A dirty factory job disguised as a comfy – more... office job

Typical Day:
Go to work, punch in 5 mins early cause I can, take a 27 min lunch and leave on the dot. Set up out bounds and take in bounds, draw when I'm bored, get up to stretch (you can feel management glaring at you when you get up at all).

What I learned:
Corporation will annoy you. Working here is so rule-crazy that I feel like a rebel just for having some basic human rights, like standing, walking, going on break etc. It's crazy.

Co-workers:
I have a theory: You hate your job and love your co-workers, or you love your job and hate your co-workers.
This job will make you love either your coworkers or the people on the phone because you're locked in a corner with management and forced to work like a fiend.

Hardest part:
Trust. You can't because someone will stab you in the back.

The most enjoyable part:
Getting walked. I felt a freedom, like leaving prison.

- Paid by the minute
Here's a little secret: you're paid minutely, not hourly. I've worked 40 hrs and 18 mins thanks to that cheap system. I've made more money then my co workers who work a lot harder than I do. Also there's no punch card, you walk 5 minutes to your computer from the entrance, log-in to your computer, go to the software called timecard and punch in on the exact minute you start (start at 8, punch at 8, not 7:59). This alone made me want to quit.
TCO thankfully isn't as strict with timecard but you're still paid minutely .
I asked management and he had no idea what I was talking about.

- Application Process is a liar
They hire anyone off the street, and fire you even quicker.
After that lengthy application and IQ test you're hired. I had that for TCO application, guessed 70% of the answers and got hired on. Oh and get this, you don't even have to finish the test and they'll hire you.

- Health isn't promoted (HR lied to me)
This part I actually don't care about if it weren't for HR telling me in the interview how much they promote an active and healthy lifestyle (if they tell you this; laugh!).
Here's the reality: Everyone smokes, it's like the 50s over there, instead of having a cardio machine, they have a lounge. After sitting all day you can keep sitting. Also poutine and burgers are really popular, which is hilarious because of what HR said in that interview.

- Management is hit and miss
Management is really a hit and miss. You can't really blame them for enforcing bad rules from our glorious contractor, which no one really knows if its Stream making the rules or our glorious contractor (everyone praises them). Management reminds me of a jealous ex; look for something better and they'll ruin you, stay and they'll make your life hard, it's a lose-lose.

- We're worthless
Everyone I talked to shares the same complaints I have. The company doesn't trust you and there's a gun to your head everyday. There's a few people who've been there for a year and almost lost there job because of one screw up. The best way to describe the attitude is that you're an illegal immigrant who they graciously hired but they don't have to keep you, so you work super hard so that maybe they might not fire you.
Customers have legit complaints and corporate don't care at all and we're not even allowed to agree with them or we're fired, we're the bad guys in this, all for corporate.

- "Sorry" just makes things worse
Maybe I'm street smart or just plain not-stupid, but I never apologize for stuff I never did. I'm never going to say "I'm sorry", or even that word if I didn't personally do anything.
Point being; you always have to apologize, even if you didn't do anything wrong, but you can't do that for another departments screw-up, just there situation and always use that word which is like pooring gas on a fire.
When I did "do as I'm told" by saying sorry it was nothing but trouble that could've easily been avoided. Who believes a call-center guy apologizing when your jobs basically a professional liar and you expect people to believe you and not get even angrier?
My co-workers all got yelled at by customers because they follow corporate rules by talking based on procedures, which equals to a hard beating over the phone. I never did that and I was fine, I talked to anyone like how I talk in real life and no one was mad at me, just frustrated at their situation and the company I'm forced to take hits for.

- A dirty factory job disguised as a comfy office job
It's a factory, plain and simple. They want you to think it's not and that you're worth a dime, but you're worthless and it's not.
You here about factories firing people easy and treating people less than dirt, but what you don't know is that it's the same thing here.
I've worked in a factory and it treats you better: do your job, go home.
Also they want you to dress professional, but everyone (like a factory) dresses in whatever they want, like pajama pants, and other unprofessional attire.
I think there's a small bias in favor of women but the funny thing is; we're all treated so equally bad that it doesn't matter anyway. (Basically girls getting away with breaking a few clothing rules, guys can't). – less
Productive and fun workplace
Frontline customer support agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Clean, productive work environment with many perks and very motivational staff with friendly employees.
ok
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2014
and Tasks/Essential Functions:
 Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating
automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or
over the Internet;
 Interact with customers to provide and process information in response
to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
 Gather customer’s information – more... and determine the issue by evaluating
and analyzing the symptoms;
 Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving
internet connectivity, Operating System and Hardware issues
 Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues,
documented help desk tickets/resolutions
 Research required information using available resources;
 Follow standard processes and procedures;
 Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
 Redirect problems to appropriate resource;via Onsite Techician or
Escalate to team leader
 Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and
designated tracking software;
 Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of
retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
 Knowledge and proficiency of Windows operating System (Xp,Vista,
Windows 7)
 Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to
listeners and situations;
 Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where
necessary;
 Stay current with system information, changes and updates
 Proper phone etiquette;
 Ability to speak and type clearly and accurately;
 Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
 Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
 Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
 Effective listening skills;
 Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
 Multi-tasking capabilities;
 Minimum 12 hours of weekend working availability on a Saturday or
Sunday
 Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and
other professionals, – less
Fun Place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: motivational programs
Cons: sitting for 8 hours
Helping customers with daily issues over the phone. Helping and redirecting customers with their daily routines.
Productive place to work, team assistance and comaraderie are high.
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: contests, co-workers, lunch room, hours, and location on bus line.
Cons: metics for the whole site had to be met, team managers referring you to the guides, attendance and call-in and dress policy, and having no pens or paper at desk.
I was in the Apple iOS part of this call center. The training was extensive and actually pretty decent. However, when we finally got to the phones a new operating system was being introduced which was totally different than what we were trained to troubleshoot. I learned mush about the then new iOS and the interaction of the iOS to all of Apple's products – more... which made it very easy to learn and troubleshoot. Metrics were really of no problem to attain however bonuses were only given as to the other part of the call center reaching their respective company's metrics before bonuses could be dealt out. The lunch area was huge, there was a Wii for games and contests, plenty of vending machines, and an occasional outside food truck once a week. I enjoyed my coworkers very much but some of the team mangers were not so helpful as others. Every month you were moved to a different team and team manager thus a consistent atmosphere was not created. After months of working there I found it to become second nature and enjoyed the ease I had at work and not being able to worry about bring my work home. – less
Great Job if you're single
Customer Service Representative Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great job, I loved it very much, but the hours crated a harsh reality at home, I had no time for my daughter or my family because it was a all day and all the time job, but my transportation situation didn't help much either.
Good for an opening position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2014
I liked working there but there was a lot of drama and the management was not very helpful times of need and the fact that they can move you to a different program at anytime is not very helpful. the pay was suppose to increase at a certain time but the never happened. They treated the people who were more popular way better than the people who were – more... reserved and quiet . I had won a drawing and it to two weeks for me to get recognition and my reward and I still wasn't able to be in the group picture. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Nikon USA Technical Support (Former Employee), Dominican RepublicSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch, various breaks
Very diverse environment.
Co-workers were friendly and supervisors were more than helpful.
Worked as Technical Support for Nikon and there was room for advancement.
There various benefits such as Christmas and other bonuses, free lunch, etc.
Free gifts from Nikon.
Fun work place and constant work environment
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: fun environment, helpful management, easy work
Cons: they fed you too much when they brought over snacks
Stream was an awesome place to work. The management and workers were so nice and knowledgeable. If you felt lost, they were happy to show you the way. There were lots of fun activities that kept up employee morale and the human resources department was extremely well-staffed. They treated you as an asset to be cherished within the company. I would recommend – more... anyone who would like to work here to apply. The Camelback Colonnade location was fun place to work and in the middle of shopping center. – less
n/a
Premium customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Friendly people, great break room and lunch room. Also has been freshly renovated.
Time at stream
Quality Representative (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 11, 2014
I was able to use my experience with handling customers to the fullest extent within this job and its many contracts
Not a good place to work.
Assist Team Manager (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Stream is not a very good company to work for. The job that I had was good but the management made it impossible to succeed.
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vermillion, SDSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor pay
Company kept you busy on the phone. Seemed like you would get reprimanded more than appreciated for your accomplishments.
Stream
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co-workers
Cons: being screamed at on the phone and having to play nice
Would usually be taking customer service calls for 6-8 hrs.
Learned a lot more from customers I was helping than from tech. support.
Management there was usually a little more accommodating for those with special needs.
Hardest part was being screamed at on the phone by customers and having to play nice.
Best part of the job there was getting to leave – more... early, and the different people I met. – less
Not a professional work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: everything
horrible management, not professional. No room for growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stream Global Services

How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to – Read more

Stream Global Services Photos