Stream Global Services Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun paced
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXMay 18, 2017
Great place to work for the benefits and pay, however leaves little room for error or time off. Your co-workers are great and so is the management, however the training is not very well put together.
Very Tough
Xbox Customer Phone Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 1, 2016
Lots of pressure working with this company. Would 10hr shifts which would allow me to have more days off. This was stressful because of the contract I was on.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Only care about numbers
Set routine and easy going work environment.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at Stream was basically clock in and get on the phones. Taking calls for Microsoft Accounts and Billing department. I did learn more about Microsoft products and their subscriptions they provided. Management was fine did not really see much of them unless there was a change in policy or if there is an issue with work. I can say the part that was an issue for me was when you needed help with a customer and you could not find it in your resources and asked for help you would have to wait and also keep the customer on hold till you could recieve help. I did enjoy when I could help a customer out and they were satisfied with me.
Productive Work Place
Customer Support Professinal (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 16, 2014
typical day at work was to answer phone calls at the call center help and assist customers needs and to acknowledge the customers concerns and needs help navigate the website with inbound callers .I
would say the hardest part of the job was handling upset customers .the enjoyable part of the job as we could go home knowing that we have helped the customers learn how to navigate and salve the issues
Pros
Unpaid Lunches
Cons
health care
horrible company to work for
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlMay 13, 2014
Answering inbound calls from Sirius XM customers about their accounts. Adding on car trials, billing questions, noting the accounts, handling irate customers, upselling radios, discussing the different packages we offer at the time indicated. Giving world class customer service to every caller. Changing account info such as emails, addresses, phone numbers, and etc.
Great Advancement Opportunities
Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Stream offers great opportunities for you to advance. The pay could be better, but they do offer monthly bonuses if you meet your metrics.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, bonuses
Cons
Pay grade, point system
It is a job to start out with
customer support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 20, 2013
This place is only good for starting out. If you want to get anywhere then it is not the place.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Customer Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2013
I've learned alot since being employed at SGS. The people are great and there is always something new and exciting going on. I like building a close professional relationship with the clients. The environment is great and I would recommend driven, dedicated, and professional people to work at SGS.
Pros
Always learning something new and meeting new people.
Cons
The contracts with clients end.
Good place to start
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 25, 2013
Lot of nice people to work with. They dont compensate well enough for management. no real pay advances, but fun work environment.
Productive fun environment with pool tables and xbox
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Wonderful diverse work environment.
food venders 5 days a week, with games available for use during on or off clock breaks.
management is a fun energetic crowd. very casual. but takes care of business.
Pros
variety of food vendors, pretty casual dress code, and games/entertainment.
Cons
lack of options for schedule choice.
Call Center
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Sgt Bluff IAAugust 30, 2013
I work on the phone 8 hours a day helping customer with there billing issues with Xbox
Overall 5.5 out of 10(I would recommend job to a teen-20's friend).
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 19, 2013
This place is a great entry level job if you need to pay bills, child support, alimony, buy a car, etc.. but it doesn't allow flexiblilty on employees seeking higher education nor did it offer tuition assistance/reimbursement. However, the company did offer online courses called Stream University which in my opinion had some good curriculum to develop techincal skills. The workplace environment was unclean(to my standards) & employees would write words in the bathroom stalls like back in High School. The workplace morale was very low everyone seemed to dislike/hate their job but wouldn't apply for a new job and they kept coming back. The management was decent never really had any problems although some agents reported problems I never had any real problems to complain about - if you do you job & show up on-time everyday then you aviod conflict. The pay was a tad above minimum wage for entry level so you'll probably need a roommate unless you want to be broke at the end of the month. The co-workers were fun & friendly we had great times cracking appropriate jokes about each other & customer calls. The company had it's own cafe & video gaming area which was pretty cool. I worked for the company for 5 years & got laid-off which probably was the best thing that happened to my career because it was really going nowhere & now I'm currently working in a position that has advancement with higher pay and better working conditions.
Pros
Decent entry-level pay, online Stream University courses, Full-time(only), Great co-workers & decent management
Cons
No tution reimbursement, No real career advancement, No part-time, Un-clean work environment & Low Company Morale among employees
it was a great experience working with them
customer support (Former Employee) –  Dominican republicApril 9, 2013
working for time warner cable as a customer support proffesional was a great experience for me with customers over the phone. i learn different things from people attitude and i enjoy my job eventhough some customers call in a get upset with a service, it my goal everyday to be a part of they solutions and provide them a good customer service.
Decent pay for someone starting out, but bad experience overall.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 18, 2013
This place is just a mess all in all...management is actually decent, but the co-workers and overall environment suck. Customers you work with treat you badly, but that it to be expected. There are some pretty ridiculous rules you had to follow and the computers would crash regularly. The co-workers were incredibly unprofessional and half the people you worked with smelled like they hadn't taken a shower in a week. I ended up just walking out after a couple months.

Like I stated, the pay is decent for someone with no work experience and as long as you don't have a felony they will hire you. Outside of that, everything about this place is below average.
Pros
sometimes hour lunch, pay is ok, they will hire you, management was ok
Cons
co-workers, overall environment, unrealistic guidelines, have heard of people being fired for no reason
Good Pay
Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2013
This job had great pay and benefits but unfortunately there was no room to branch out for advancement.
pool table
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2013
Company ran off just one single client which made for un-needed tension
Pros
pool table, great people
Fun environment to work but not as helpful to employee's when in need.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAJanuary 28, 2013
Great place to work and I've learned a lot of new things from this job but I needed help and received none when I needed it the most.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
doesn't help employee's when needed.
The people you work with are great. Management leaves alot to be desired.
TIEr 2 Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 22, 2012
Worked there for 6 yrs. They don't like to work with you if you need a different schedule. There is way to much favoritism. Working hard really doesn't get you anywhere. You are in the phone for 8 hrs listening to customer complaints. It's worse than high school with the gossip and backstabbing.
Pros
great fellow reps
Cons
pay, management, hr
Stream is a good place to enhance your skills.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 25, 2012
If you do not mind being on a phone for eight hours to assist with customer inquiries and questions this is a good place to work. The pay rate is competitive for an entry level position and there is some room for advancement. I felt after 3 years on the job that I was over skilled for the pay rate I was receiving so I left to seek new opportunities. This is a great place to learn critical office and communication skills which will are very strong on a resume.
Pros
indoor cafeteria and computer lounge.
Cons
inflexible schedule
productive fun workplace, good benefits
Customer Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 14, 2012
busy workdays, the opportunity to use your skills to help others, by doing so ensuring future customers.
Pros
benefits, pool table, helpful staff, overtime available
Cons
some customers are angry when they call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.