Stream Global Services Employee Reviews for Technical Support

company closed
Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 4, 2017
take incoming calls and help customers with their IT issues. Helps customers fix Windows and Microsoft Office issues. Help co-workers when they needed help resolving customer issues.
Not a good place, at all.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 21, 2017
Working here was like an abusive relationship. You're wooed with with flowery words and gifts and all the nice stuff that draws you in. Then, 6 months in, all the gifts stop and nobody in management ever says anything nice to you ever again.
What I learned
Inbound and Outbound Technical Phone Support (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 16, 2017
What I learned about is how quick different types of software became obsolete and how some hardware devices can be activated just by pushing a button from their software database.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun, productive, nice neat environment,
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2017
Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning Sirius Satellite Radio services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and report problem areas that may be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channel.
It wouldn't be first choice to apply for based on my own experience a 3 or 4 years ago.
AT&T & US Cellular Customer Rep/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed the culture, pay and location. However, they have some strict policies when it comes to customer verification. I made some mistakes verifying customer's identities and was escorted out. Very embarrassing and could have been avoided with practice or mentoring.
Pros
Break rooms with Game system, massage chairs and computers.
Cons
Too strict.
Friendly staff
Customer/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2017
Salesforce training was extensive. It was an hour 8 class that lasted a few weeks. It felt rushed and I still did not feel comfortable with the product.
Pros
Dynamic business
Cons
Demanding very fast pace environment
Decent place to work.
Technical Support Mobility (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 7, 2017
This company was bought out by Convergys, and continues to operate as a subsidiary of AT&T. The job itself was excellent, and very easy. However, the management of the company was extremely biased toward the employees with whom they had personal relationships. This made any kind of advancement very hard for those who were "out of favor" with the management team.
Pros
Good length of lunch, excellent hardware
No review at this time
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 9, 2017
There is no stream in ct sorry for the confusion. Therefore I do not have a review to give you at this time. Again my apologies for the mix up. Any questions feel free to email me
a decent job not a career
Tier 2 technical Support/Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 18, 2016
a decent place to work though i felt like a small cog in a large machine. the training proccess was enjoyable and the people were mostly enjoyable to work for the onsite cafeteria was a nice perk
Working @ Stream
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 15, 2016
Set up the computers and put all of our sites up to log in on the clock and check of the work emails. Check up the sites on the product information that come out. I answered calls for samsung.
Stream is not called converges
Pros
I loved the product that I was working for
Cons
no exercise. when my contract was gone, I took a class for another product, missed it by one question. too many and they walked me off the site
Fast-paced, energetic job with plenty of work
Technical Support Specialist & Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 9, 2016
-Answering calls and helping customer needs was a daily routine
-I learned the customer service and technical support industry inside and out
-Management was very helpful and always thee when I needed help
-My co-workers were outstanding examples and helped raise goals
-The job was never difficult but constant work
-There was a great deal of satisfaction in helping the customer
Pros
Great incentives, Goal focused environment, benefits
Cons
random shift scheduling
productive place to work
Billing agent & Technical support (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the management team. It was a fulfilling position being able to help people that needed it.
Most of the people that I worked with were very pleasant and knowledgeable.
Warranty Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed the type of work and helping the customers with troubleshooting their issues with their mobile devices. Management was not very supportive on the floor. For example I had been taking care of my terminal ill father and when he was dying and my mother needed me most the management were no where to be found to assist me after being there for a year and meeting all required stats metrics of the job. In fact I was at 100% on my call resolution, average handle time and meet or exceeded all metrics we were rated at being top agent on my team at least 3 months in a row if not more. Being an outsourced company not much love for the employees.
Pros
Good training and pleasant peers.
Cons
No incentives to try to keep tenured agents.
Good Company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  SuzhouMarch 2, 2016
My work is to help customer solve their problem of our product.

what I learned is
troubleshooting skill
what is teamwork
customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job is you solved the problem and you made customer happy
Human Resources
Recruiter/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working in the HR environment - loved the group interview process and developing test for technical contracts.
Enjoyable place to work
Data Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2016
The environment was very laid back and fun. but because you are outsourced you project can be pulled at anytime and so you don't have that job security.
Pros
environment
Cons
job security
High Paced, hard work
Xbox Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 11, 2016
I'm so hot and cold with this job...It was nice pay, and there's some pride in saying that I was working for Xbox. I happened to work there during some of the busiest times though, which led to stressed managers. It's a lax atmosphere that's fun to be in, until you're on the clock. On the clock, there is a constant queue of callers, so there is no break between calls to finish writing notes for the previous call on a slow and on often malfunctioning computer. I can imagine when not dealing with holidays, release day of both a Halo and a Call of Duty game, and a terms of service update, it's probably a wonderful place to work at.
Before looking at the cons, please note that I had the highest CSAT's in my department.
Pros
Working for Xbox, fun environment
Cons
Constant being yelled at
Awesome company
tech support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 2, 2015
awesome to work for, helpful friendly management. always willing to lend a hard or help out where they could so you could do your job
tech support
tech support (Former Employee) –  rio rancho nmSeptember 22, 2015
a very good place to good, they gave up plenty of freedom in fixing people's cell phones. They were more concerned about the tech issues getting fixed than the handle time. There was enough different tech problems to keep you on your feet.
Call Center Work
Video game Console Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 1, 2015
they will find a place for all employees to be able to succeed wherever they can, as long as they are willing to put forth an effort to contribute to helping the company and their customers.
Pros
Long lunches Great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval