Street Bean Espresso
TITLE: Café Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: 40 hours per week
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
ANNUAL SALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, Medical & Dental
DESCRIPTION: Street Bean Espresso is a non-profit, social enterprise employing young adults working to exit street life.
Young people need more than just a “job” to move them beyond the streets; they need the opportunity to form a new identity and the chance to discover who they were created to be. Street Bean Espresso’s mission is to empower homeless and street involved young people to exit street life through supportive employment. Our hope is that this experience will serve as a catalyst to move them beyond sexual exploitation, homelessness, and abandonment into confidence, security, and successful future employment.
Located in Belltown, we practice the craft of coffee brewing with effort towards curating remarkably sourced and roasted coffees. There will always be a great focus on the quality of the cup and the recognition of how and who we source them with.
We are Hiring a Cafe Manager! We're looking for someone who is serious about coffee, and serious about making a difference in the world, one cup at a time. You must be passionate about specialty coffee, building sustainability, doing business differently, community, being a jedi, and walking alongside young people as they journey away from the streets through supportive employment and training. This is an incredibly unique opportunity, and we need an incredibly unique individual.
- 2+ years of specialty coffee industry experience
- 2+ years of Cafe Management and training experience
- 2+ years of working with street-involved and homeless young adults
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise Executive Director in hiring and firing of staff
- Responsible for ongoing training and orientation of new Baristas and volunteers
- Evaluate performance of baristas and volunteers
- Provide product education of Baristas, Café Staff Volunteers, and Customers.
- Review and grow Street Beans Espresso & Coffee Brewing handbook to be current with proven practices for enhanced cup and customer experiences
- Responsible for scheduling of Baristas and café staff Volunteers and provide emergent coverage of cafe
- Complete daily sales reports
- Prepare and process bank deposits
- Insure maintenance of all café equipment
- Responsible for cultivating vendor relationships
- Responsible for inventory and product ordering
- Coverage of barista and retail sales duties
- Other duties as needed
- Street Bean Espresso Café Manager will be accountable to and evaluated by the Street Bean Espresso Executive Director
- Bi-weekly Staff Meeting and Attendance at Additional All Staff Events.
- Completion of Street Bean Barista Training and Orientation.
- Completion of Washington State Food Handler’s Class.
- Perform Job Responsibilities in a Culturally Competent Manner as Defined in Street Bean Espresso’s Organizational Values.
- Participates regionally in forums and barista engagements at least one per quarter if available and appropriate to the goals and mission of Street Bean Espresso
- Is a product expert and continual student of the barista craft
- To serve and love in the way of Jesus in their interactions with co-workers and in their interactions with customers and the greater community.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
- Constant standing/walking
- Stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs
- Computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors